PDA

View Full Version : I will never start spelling olympics with a capital O

PhiI C
07-18-2005, 09:59 PM
unless it is at start of sentence or something like that. They don't deserve it for dropping softball. I could almost understand baseball because the olympics are not priority for baseball but it was for softball and it penalized an outstanding group of worldwide women. Correct me if I forget though.

vet93
07-18-2005, 10:09 PM
I agree Phil

injuredinmelee
07-18-2005, 10:20 PM
If it is going to cost me time viewing Cat Osterman on television I am against it.

Ok now that I got my attempt at humor done I belive that this is a travesty. It seems to me that the IOC is simply punishing softball because the American baseball team wont field professional athletes.

PhiI C
07-18-2005, 10:33 PM
Originally posted by injuredinmelee
If it is going to cost me time viewing Cat Osterman on television I am against it.

Ok now that I got my attempt at humor done I belive that this is a travesty. It seems to me that the IOC is simply punishing softball because the American baseball team wont field professional athletes.

You are right injur and the worse thing is that it penalizes the South American Countries and Cuba where baseball is popular and the olympics are important to them.

Manck
07-19-2005, 12:57 AM
I feel that although softball was voted out for 2012, it will come back.

If anything, this vote should be a catalyst for all women's softball players worldwide to raise the already high standard of their game to a new level, and prove to the Olympic countries why they deserve to be BACK in the Olympic Games.

Yeah, it sucks that the US won't be able to dominate yet again, but I think that this will be a good thing for the sport in the long run.