PDA

View Full Version : Word Cup Softball Japan wins championship 3 to 1 over bumbling USA

PhiI C
07-18-2005, 09:44 PM
But there are some positive things believe it or not. The olympics eliminated it for 2012 but maybe this game will help get it back especially in 2016. The shame out of it was because it cut out a women's sport that the olympics couldn't spare. The olympics were not priority for baseball but it was for softball. Maybe they eliminated it because USA dominated so much but with this game maybe it will show that the world is catching up and getting competitive. More good news is that Oklahoma City has agreed to host it again next year since it was a great success this year and had good fan turnout and support. Way to go Oklahoma City and fan support. Let's hope USA will bad better next year and use better strategy and get Lisa and Crystal back. The CAT and Jennie are going to be late but they need to get a little more experience to get to Lisa's level.

PhiI C
07-18-2005, 09:54 PM
The bad news is that I could have seen our All Star Girls play tonight in Goliad instead of this. I was sure it was going to rain in Goliad so I didn't go. :(

OnceABucJr
07-18-2005, 10:23 PM
BPhill, I think Cat & Jenny pitched good enough to win most games but there are times that one run won't win the game (how well do I/we know?). They definitely missed the bats of Lisa & Crystal and, of course, Lisa's pitching also. But the Japanese pitcher was great and had flawless support tonight. Candrea didn't seem to make adjustments to the Japanese pitcher but that's FP softball.

Any news on the Sinton girls' game(s) tonight?

PhiI C
07-18-2005, 10:25 PM
Unfortunately no once. Hopefully I will find out in the morning and post it here.

18handicap
07-18-2005, 11:17 PM
I saw our all-star girls (13-14) beat Pflugerville 5-0 in Brenham tonight. Much more interesting for me right now than Japan playing the USA....... It's hard for me to understand how we can lose to Japan that bad.

sicem74
07-18-2005, 11:28 PM
lol usa they shoulda blew em out

Old Tiger
07-19-2005, 01:14 AM
crap! i was watching this game but I left when they were down 2-1

Phil C
07-19-2005, 08:16 AM
They came, they saw, they conquored. :( Japan won the game when it counted with their great ace pitcher. Ours gave up 3 runs too many. The only way to beat them is to shut them out plus sloppy defensive lapses hurt us along as I said bad strategy. This is not a loss the USA can be proud of. I know we had a young team and not all of our players but we had beat this team bad before and the fact that it was the first World Cup and was in Oklahoma City, OK, USA added more to the shame. If it had been in Tokyo, Sydney, Toronto, or Bejing it wouldn't have been as bad but in the middle of the USA. Tst! Tst!