PDA

View Full Version : World Championship Softball Game tonight!

Phil C
07-18-2005, 08:19 AM
It will be between Japan and USA. With Jennie Finch pitching USA won easily 7 to 0 over Japan and win the right to advance to the game. Japan then beat Australia 1 to 0 to gain the right to play USA for the title game. Both teams have one loss. There were five teams that participated - USA, China, Canada, Japan and Australia. This is the first year they have had it and hopefully will continue to do so since the olympics have snubbed this sport. Hopefully more countires will participate in the future but these have been the top teams in the olympics lately. They play tonight on ESPN2 I think at 7 P.M. I think the CAT will be pitching! :)
Go CAT! Go USA!!

Ranger Mom
07-18-2005, 08:25 AM
Hey Phil C....you will be glad to know that I actually watched that game yesterday!

It was on while I was doing dishes and my hands were wet so I hated to turn the channel and I got interested!:D

Phil C
07-18-2005, 09:44 AM
Tonight's game with Japan should be a good one. The CAT should be pitching and hopefully our batters will be hitting. Japan will be determined to do much better tonight. We should be in front of our tvs tonight to see this game. If you love our great sport please be there.

Phil C
07-18-2005, 11:42 AM
Japan beat Australia 1 to 0 in 8 innings to get the win. The game was tied in the 8th inning and Japan got to have a runner on second and they were able to score her. Australia had a chance to tie it but with the runner on third and a grounder was hit and the runner tried to make it home but was thrown out at home and the run was saved and Japan was able to hold on and win.

Phil C
07-18-2005, 11:43 AM
I hope Japan's catcher doesn't do like China's. The Chinese catcher will stand on the baseline and wait for the ball challenging the runners to run over her which may be the best way to score when they do that. This is risky and could cause injuries.

Phil C
07-18-2005, 02:56 PM
Also, the pretty thing is that the game will broadcast live and not on a tape delay basis. :)

kepdawg
07-18-2005, 07:34 PM
Japan is up 2-0 going into the bottom of the 2nd.

PhiI C
07-18-2005, 07:48 PM
After two innings it is still 2 - 0. It looks bad for the USA! Japan is playing their ace pitcher and she is doing a great job and the defense is playing great. Their hitters are having success against the CAT. The USA isn't hitting good at all. It looks like a loss for the USA in this championship game. :(

PhiI C
07-18-2005, 08:03 PM
The CAT looked great in the third inning but unfortunately so did the Japanese pitcher who mowed down our batters so giving up those three runs may have done the damage. The USA batters have four more innings to wake up but this possiblility looks bad.

PhiI C
07-18-2005, 08:29 PM
After four innings it is Japan 2 USA 1. The USA got a run in the fifth but the Japanese pitcher has never given up more than one run to the USA batters. The USA might have been able to get more because they had two runners on with a great hitter but a slow runner and she bunted and they got the runner going to third out and with the slow batter runner to first they threw her out for the double play. Bad strategy that.

PhiI C
07-18-2005, 08:43 PM
Now the fifth inning is over and same score and looking bad for USA. Our batters are hitting - yep - hitting right to the Japenese for easy flyouts. I think that one run by Japan is going to hold up. The CAT is pitching good so for now the last few innings but that one bad inning looks like it did the damage.

PhiI C
07-18-2005, 08:48 PM
3 up 3 down for USA in top of sixth. Now the USA bats and they have two more chances to try to get at least one more run or it will be over. We will see. I am pessimistic with the way it is going. Those announcers need to stay more focused on the game. Terrible job with a great opportunity for our great sport. :mad:

PhiI C
07-18-2005, 09:10 PM
After sixth innings same score. USA blew a great opportunity with 2 on base but unfortunately they had one out. Their best batters have just batted so it still looked like a Japanese win tonight but a good game anyway with a great performance by Ueno the Japanese pitcher.

lostaussie
07-18-2005, 09:12 PM
don't give up. don't ever give up.

gobbler84
07-18-2005, 09:19 PM
Those Japanese chicks are cold!...The fast as heck

gobbler84
07-18-2005, 09:32 PM
Japan wins everything!!

gobbler84
07-18-2005, 09:36 PM
Some of their players could pass for guys!!!

PhiI C
07-18-2005, 09:39 PM
Japan wins 3 to 1! Three up three down in last inning for them. A great job by their ace pitcher. USA played good but they need to improve a little on their defense and batting and coaching. Bad strategy and sloppy defensly play hurt even though their was some lapse in pitching especially by the CAT in the second inning and then when she was hot they replaced her when she was doing good. Where are you Lisa and Crystal?! :(