PDA

View Full Version : A little 'off the wall', but almost relevant to 3ADL...

SintonFan
12-12-2002, 04:01 AM
Congratulations to the 8 and 9 year-old Ingleside Pee-wee football team on their perfect season and Coastal-Bend Championship! It turns out this is their fourth straight championship game. They also shut out every team this year. They won 35-0 over GP in the championship game. BDR, are you listening? Hehe...
The team that first was there for the title game four years ago are now in junior high. "This is good for 30-3A" says SintonFan, looking toward the future. Quoted by SintonFan "This is a good sign for 30-3A to be very competitive in state match-ups."
"Now Sinton needs to get coach Adame for their Pee-wee coach"
jus havin some fun...
:D :D :D

Seriously, Inlgeside might be a good team soon...

The article should be at callertimes (http://caller.com) under local sports titled "Pee-Wee powerhouse" ...

<small>[ December 12, 2002, 03:23 AM: Message edited by: SintonFan ]</small>

SintonFan
12-12-2002, 04:17 AM
What do you think 66?

District303aPastPlayer
12-12-2002, 05:12 AM
i still havent found it. if you could post a link straight to the article, it would be much appreciated. By the way, if you follow the peewee leagues, my dad is the head referee and president. So if you are from Sinton, that should tell you who i am.

sinton66
12-12-2002, 08:32 AM
SintonFan:
What do you think 66?Definitely could make for an interesting district soon. Sinton has set the bar very high, and the rest of the district seems to be responding. If we get Odem back in the mix after the next realignment, WOW, 30-3A will be a monster district.

sinton66
12-12-2002, 09:42 AM
Here's the link:
peewee football (http://www.caller.com/ccct/good_sports/article/0,1641,CCCT_818_1599694,00.html)

exbccards76'smom
12-12-2002, 02:16 PM
The winnng attitude starts when they are this age. If they get a taste for winning, watch out!!
This is true with the boys from Bridge City this year. They have been playing together since junior high, and were undefeated back then. The tradition carries on thru the high school years. :D wink :D wink http://skins.hotbar.com/skins/mailskins/img/Birds_/Birds_Cardinal_walks_prv.gif

SintonFan
12-12-2002, 07:49 PM
Thanks for the link 66. That's easier than my way.

SintonFan
12-12-2002, 10:49 PM
District303aPastPlayer:
i still havent found it. if you could post a link straight to the article, it would be much appreciated. By the way, if you follow the peewee leagues, my dad is the head referee and president. So if you are from Sinton, that should tell you who i am.Hehe, I've been in SA for awhile now. You like BBQ? Dang, then I'd have to borrow my neighbor's pit. LOL... :D :D :D

District303aPastPlayer
12-12-2002, 11:06 PM
huh?????

big daddy russ
12-13-2002, 12:13 AM
Ya'll guys are making me tear up. :D :D :D I love that team. Thanks for the recognition, SintonFan. Abel was my baseball coach when I was in Little League All-Stars and he’s a real good guy... a great teacher for the kids.
FYI, here are the results from the past four championships.

Three years ago...
lost to Beeville 12-6 in OT

Two years ago...
beat Gregory-Portland 30-0

Last year...
lost to Beeville 6-0 in OT

This year...
beat Gregory-Portland 35-0

A little sidenote... in peewee, once you go up by 30 points, your offense doesn't get the ball back. As SintonFan said earlier, the Mustangs didn't allow a point all season long, but for most of their games, the offense didn't take the field for the entire second half. How awesome is that? wink
Here are their results for the season...

Outscored AP a combined 67-0 in two games...

Outscored G-P a combined 65-0 in two games...

Beat Sinton 34-0...

Outscored Taft a combined 32-0 in two games (Abel said Taft gave them the hardest time)....

big daddy russ
12-13-2002, 12:18 AM
sinton66:

SintonFan:
What do you think 66?Definitely could make for an interesting district soon. Sinton has set the bar very high, and the rest of the district seems to be responding. If we get Odem back in the mix after the next realignment, WOW, 30-3A will be a monster district.66, this little pocket of the Coastal Bend seems to get better and better every year. You're right about Sinton setting the bar extremely high, and we also can't forget about our boys over in Mathis who've done a great job with their program. Seems like the more we play each other, the stronger our teams get. This is such a cutthroat district. Our fourth-place team this year (Mathis) could have beat many district's second-, or even first-place teams... and there are only six teams in our district.

SintonFan
12-13-2002, 12:26 AM
I'm proud of those little guys, too. The little QB is what got my attention! Too soon to call...

sinton66
12-13-2002, 12:30 AM
I believe San Patricio County may have been one of the best in football this year. Aransas Pass, Sinton, Odem, and Gregory-Portland all qualifying for their respective playoffs, and all but one going at least three rounds. One's still in there.
Not bad, not bad at all.

big daddy russ
12-13-2002, 01:05 PM
How many high schools are in San Pat? Ingleside, Sinton, Gregory-Portland, Odem, Taft, Aransas Pass and Mathis are the only ones I can think of off the top of my head. If that's all, then four of those seven schools went to the playoffs. Not bad at all.