07-17-2005, 02:13 PM
27-3A
1. Liberty Hill
2. Wimberley
3. BANDERA
4. Brady
5. Llano
6. Ingram Moore

I'll buy that. ;) I think if Llano had the same coach, they'd be a more serious contender. Since they've got a new one, who I understand will be bringing an entirely different offensive plan, it will take them a year or two to adjust. Ingram, I believe, has lost a couple of key players that have moved.

Gobbla2001
07-17-2005, 02:30 PM
IF it works out as you have predicted, Matt, I'd expect an all-district 27-3A Regional Championship game with Wimberly and Liberty Hill...

LHMom
07-17-2005, 02:48 PM
And LH wins that one!

Gobbla2001
07-17-2005, 09:00 PM
Originally posted by LHMom
And LH wins that one!

Didn't win that one last year... and from the looks of it, Wimberly's bringing back the better 'team'...

You're really confident haha :D

gonnawin05
07-17-2005, 09:36 PM
i like what you said about 26-3a :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :cheerl: :cheerl: :cheerl:

purplenails
07-17-2005, 10:04 PM
I think it looks right with Liberty Hill at the top!

JHS_c/o_06'
07-18-2005, 03:39 AM
Originally posted by LHMom
And LH wins that one!

And loses to Jasper the very next saturday at Kyle Field!:D :D :D :D

this one goes out to LHPM :D

LH Panther Mom
07-18-2005, 07:08 AM
Originally posted by JHS_c/o_06'
And loses to Jasper the very next saturday at Kyle Field!:D :D :D :D

this one goes out to LHPM :D

:tongue: :tongue: Better get that kicking leg warmed up. :D

gobblerfan02
07-18-2005, 02:23 PM
Anyone wanna make predictions on the regions Div. I and II playoff final for the region. Which 4 teams do ya like is what I'm gettin at!

Bandera YaYa
07-18-2005, 02:44 PM
Correct me if I am wrong, but I was told Bandera's 7 on 7 team beat Wimberley's....... :thinking: :D

gobbler84
07-18-2005, 03:04 PM
Originally posted by Bandera YaYa
Correct me if I am wrong, but I was told Bandera's 7 on 7 team beat Wimberley's....... :thinking: :D

There's a big difference between 7 on 7 (hey your down I touched you) and fullpads 11 on 11( get ready I'ma whipp your @$$ all night long)!

Bandera YaYa
07-18-2005, 03:08 PM
Originally posted by gobbler84
There's a big difference between 7 on 7 (hey your down I touched you) and fullpads 11 on 11( get ready I'ma whipp your @$$ all night long)! Gee you sure know how to rain on my parade..... :( :(

Bandera YaYa
07-18-2005, 03:08 PM
There's a big difference between 7 on 7 (hey your down I touched you) and fullpads 11 on 11( get ready I'ma whipp your @$$ all night long)! Gee you sure know how to rain on my parade..... :( :(

uh twice , apparently!!!! :D

gobbler84
07-18-2005, 03:16 PM
Gee you sure know how to rain on my parade..... :( :(

uh twice , apparently!!!! :D

lol im sorry

Bandera YaYa
07-18-2005, 03:55 PM
lol im sorry HaHa...i just wanna beat them sooooo badly!!!! LOL!

Gobbla2001
07-18-2005, 07:08 PM
I'll stick with Liberty Hill and Wimberly in the D2 finals...

And I can't go against Cuero, so you know I'm putting them there, so I'll go with Cuero/Sinton...

Only a ONE team differene in the final four Region 4 teams as last year... Wimberly being the 'newby'...

Bandera YaYa
07-18-2005, 07:24 PM
Originally posted by Gobbla2001
I'll stick with Liberty Hill and Wimberly in the D2 finals...

And I can't go against Cuero, so you know I'm putting them there, so I'll go with Cuero/Sinton...

Only a ONE team differene in the final four Region 4 teams as last year... Wimberly being the 'newby'... :tongue: :tongue: :tongue:

Johnny Utah
07-18-2005, 07:45 PM
What happens in this region if Hondo, La Vernia, Bandera, West Columbia, Gonzales, La Feria, and Sinton all go big school??? Who wins the region then??? D2 would be LOADED!!!! Wimberly, Cuero, Liberty Hill, Yoakum, YIKES!!!!

LH Panther Mom
07-18-2005, 07:56 PM
Originally posted by Johnny Utah
YIKES!!!!

I think that's a fairly accurate assessment. :D

Johnny Utah
07-18-2005, 08:28 PM
If that did play out, would have to drive down to watch some great games for sure!!!

Matthew328
07-18-2005, 08:41 PM
Cuero is winning it if they go D1 or D2.....too much talent and speed on that team....kinda reminds me of the Everman teams without the big WR's

44INAROW
07-18-2005, 09:00 PM
Originally posted by Matthew328
Cuero is winning it if they go D1 or D2.....too much talent and speed on that team....kinda reminds me of the Everman teams without the big WR's

I like the way you think :)

Johnny Utah
07-18-2005, 10:04 PM
So, no matter D1 or D2, you are going to guarantee a STATE TITLE!!!!! Wow!!! Lots of factors, lots of games, lots of what ifs!!! You are confident, which is good. Good luck.

44INAROW
07-18-2005, 10:13 PM
So, no matter D1 or D2, you are going to guarantee a STATE TITLE!!!!! Wow!!! Lots of factors, lots of games, lots of what ifs!!! You are confident, which is good. Good luck.

gonnawin05
07-18-2005, 10:35 PM
thats a big if jonny :evillaugh

espn1
07-18-2005, 11:05 PM
Originally posted by Matthew328
Wimberley could have beaten Cuero last year. But! Came up short. They mismatched that short little corner back and got back in the game . Why they didn't keep throwing on him at the end of the game is beyond me. I choose Wimberley to beat out LH for District this year.

footballgal
07-18-2005, 11:14 PM
Even though Port Isabel will be young, IMHO the PI Tarpons, are still the team to beat in 32-AAA, with La Feria giving them the most competition. If Tarpons finish the season strong, they will also be in the mix in region IV as well. As far as the rest in region IV, it will pretty much be the same folks as last season, you'll have your Liberty Hills' and Yoakum,
Cuero, Sinton, & etc.

District303aPastPlayer
07-18-2005, 11:16 PM
So if cuero goes to D2... do you put sinton in the final four?

footballgal
07-18-2005, 11:17 PM
hmmm, that's a tough one.. but right now, I would have to go with Cuero.

Gobbla2001
07-20-2005, 05:22 PM
Wow, Johnny, that is a good question...

I still have to go with Cuero all of the way, not because I think that they are indeed the best, but I believe they could very well be, and I can't go against my hometown...

That would just be an absolute mess, though, I'll tell you that much...

As for Cuero, you'll see something different this year offensively, but not defensively (strategically, that is)...

The defense, though losing a first team all-state linebacker, will be improved I believe... They'll be faster (if that's even possible) and they will also be taller, something we needed in the secondary a few games last year...

The short-guy espn1 was talking about graduated... he was there for his experience and his toughness, he did a good job, was just hard to cover those taller receivers... But I will say that Wimberly still tried to go after him, it was just a little hard for the QB to throw while on his back the whole 4th :eek:

gobblerfan02
07-20-2005, 09:12 PM
But I will say that Wimberly had the team to beat us last year, man those guys were awesome. Ill hafta agree on the fact that although we are losing casey at linebacker, our defense will be a little tougher than last years....and our offense IMHO, will be a lot stronger, with a better QB!:D ....YES, I said it, a BETTER QB! Any arguments are welcome, I'd very much like to argue this issue with anyone!

Gobbler Fan
07-20-2005, 09:20 PM
Amazing how that lil short guy is getting a full ride on the next level :D . I agree with Gobblerfan02 this year could get pretty interesting to say the least . What a crew our QB will have to throw too *loaded*, I hope Coach opens up the playbook and uses all that talent he has in every skill position .

Gobbla2001
07-20-2005, 10:46 PM
Originally posted by gobblerfan02
YES, I said it, a BETTER QB! Any arguments are welcome, I'd very much like to argue this issue with anyone!

He'll be dang good, that's for sure...

big daddy russ
07-21-2005, 01:23 PM
Originally posted by District303aPastPlayer
So if cuero goes to D2... do you put sinton in the final four?
Won't Sinton be down? I figured our district would be quite a bit weaker than it had in years past.

big daddy russ
07-21-2005, 01:26 PM
....and our offense IMHO, will be a lot stronger, with a better QB!:D ....YES, I said it, a BETTER QB! Any arguments are welcome, I'd very much like to argue this issue with anyone!
No he won't. Start arguing. :)

District303aPastPlayer
07-21-2005, 04:22 PM
Originally posted by big daddy russ
Won't Sinton be down? I figured our district would be quite a bit weaker than it had in years past.

Sinton will be missing an offensive line, and thats about it. They have a system like the one that Texas Tech has, where you just plug people in and it will work for you. i am hoping that this is what they do for the offensive line this coming year.

SintonFan
07-21-2005, 09:12 PM
Sinton's gonna have to have a few guys step up to be as good as last year. They can but it's gonna be tough. I do think the first game against GP will be a good litmus test.
The running game should be a little "beefier" if you know what I mean...;)
If the O-line can be solid then this team might surprise a few folks.
I think Ingleside can be a darkhorse for the playoffs. Shoot, another year with that system who knows?
Wimberley will have an awesome team(top 5, period).

crabman
07-21-2005, 10:06 PM
As far as our quarterback this year versus last year, there is a lot more than physical talent that makes a quarterback. Foot speed and arm strength are not all they are cracked up to be on this level. The kind of friend you are, your demeanor, your cool head under pressure, your ability to make everyone around you give his all, those are the marks of a great quarterback. Matt was a great one. Not the fastest. Not the strongest. His attitude and demeanor permeated the team. Everybody always said we didn't play with a lot of emotion. That was the way of that group of seniors. They were tight, tight, tight. It was the secret to their success. Other teams were faster. Other teams had better quarterbacks. We still took 'em all on and beat all but one. Pretty good I think.

As for the future of "We're Back", time will tell. Perfect passing is not what we are looking for. 4.4 speed is not what we are looking for. We are looking for a guy that will deflect criticism off other people and onto himself. We are looking for a guy that picks up his teammates when they miss a block and he ends up sacked flat on his back. We are looking for a guy that is first on the field and last off of it. We are looking for a guy that can take that constant "in your face" yelling of Coach Reeve and simply say "Yes sir" and go do your job better than you thought you could. And always remember that all of this must be done 100% of the time. One slip up. One time yelling at a lineman, one time getting on a receivers butt because he broke the route the wrong direction and made you look bad and all of the trust and faith you have built up will be lost.

Time will tell. Kyle has all of the physical skills needed. No one except the Almighty knows if what he has in his head and his heart will mesh with the other guys. I personally think he has got it. I hope he reads this and takes it to heart.

Gobbla2001
07-21-2005, 10:19 PM
Originally posted by crabman
As far as our quarterback this year versus last year, there is a lot more than physical talent that makes a quarterback. Foot speed and arm strength are not all they are cracked up to be on this level. The kind of friend you are, your demeanor, your cool head under pressure, your ability to make everyone around you give his all, those are the marks of a great quarterback. Matt was a great one. Not the fastest. Not the strongest. His attitude and demeanor permeated the team. Everybody always said we didn't play with a lot of emotion. That was the way of that group of seniors. They were tight, tight, tight. It was the secret to their success. Other teams were faster. Other teams had better quarterbacks. We still took 'em all on and beat all but one. Pretty good I think.

As for the future of "We're Back", time will tell. Perfect passing is not what we are looking for. 4.4 speed is not what we are looking for. We are looking for a guy that will deflect criticism off other people and onto himself. We are looking for a guy that picks up his teammates when they miss a block and he ends up sacked flat on his back. We are looking for a guy that is first on the field and last off of it. We are looking for a guy that can take that constant "in your face" yelling of Coach Reeve and simply say "Yes sir" and go do your job better than you thought you could. And always remember that all of this must be done 100% of the time. One slip up. One time yelling at a lineman, one time getting on a receivers butt because he broke the route the wrong direction and made you look bad and all of the trust and faith you have built up will be lost.

Time will tell. Kyle has all of the physical skills needed. No one except the Almighty knows if what he has in his head and his heart will mesh with the other guys. I personally think he has got it. I hope he reads this and takes it to heart.

Amen, great post....

pirate4state
07-22-2005, 08:58 AM
Originally posted by big daddy russ
Won't Sinton be down? I figured our district would be quite a bit weaker than it had in years past. You wish!!! :tongue:

;) :D

gobblerfan02
07-22-2005, 02:19 PM

I almost teared up when I read that one...But I agree with what you say and you make a great point...Hopefully Kyle will have all that Mathew had in leadership roles on the field as well as the great athletic abilities he is definitely capable of!

P.S. The Gobbler Game Plan for 2005--- Kyle rears back, throws the ball as long and hard as he can so Brandon James can run underneath it and catch it!:D :D :D
*If that doesn't work, we can always hand the ball off to Cooper or one of our other running backs!:D :D :D

Hawk Fan Izzy
07-22-2005, 06:27 PM
Comon. You know the Hawks are going to take it to West Oso!

Gobbler Fan
07-22-2005, 08:00 PM
Justin , Trey , Brandon , Avery , Domingo, take your pick plenty of recievers to choose from .:thinking: cant leave out J.T- all-state TE

gobbler84
07-22-2005, 10:12 PM
Great post Crabman....Kyle has the most leadership I'v seen out of all the players int he locker room as a friend and as a QB...Keep up the good work Kyle!!

Johnny Utah
07-22-2005, 11:31 PM
Sounds as if Cuero is in good hands and will keep keeping on. That is a mark of great teams, reloading and continuing to win year in and year out. Wimberly is still my dark horse, LOADED!!! Once the rep's from D1 and D2 are in, then let the games begin!!! What fun!!!

gobblerfan02
07-22-2005, 11:37 PM
Sounds as if Cuero is in good hands and will keep keeping on. That is a mark of great teams, reloading and continuing to win year in and year out. Wimberly is still my dark horse, LOADED!!! Once the rep's from D1 and D2 are in, then let the games begin!!! What fun!!!
I sure hope these two teams don't meat so early in the playoffs if they do, cuz man that would suck....both are high calibur contenders for this season, IMHO!

NHSRattler60
07-23-2005, 12:36 AM
Isn't Zapata "shoe" in Spanish? You guys are the Shoe Hawks?

LMAO Sorry that's just funny.

gobblerfan02
07-23-2005, 12:48 AM
Does anyone know if Coach Terry Benner is still at Wimberly or if he retired? Saw that guy at some of the games last year, one of the best coaches I ever had, really cared about everyone. Just wanted to check up on him!

gobblerfan02
07-23-2005, 12:55 AM
Great post Crabman....Kyle has the most leadership I'v seen out of all the players int he locker room as a friend and as a QB...Keep up the good work Kyle!!

Hope he matures into a great QB like Schumacher did last season. That's good to hear that the team is meshing well and no one gets to big headed in the face of the team!

AP Panther Fan
07-23-2005, 01:01 AM

Truly a great post (and I don't even know the kids)....but you know, that shoe (should) fit any quarterback....thanks for your insight.:)

Gobbla2001
07-24-2005, 10:08 AM
Does anyone know if Coach Terry Benner is still at Wimberly or if he retired? Saw that guy at some of the games last year, one of the best coaches I ever had, really cared about everyone. Just wanted to check up on him!

I'm trying to remember where he's coaching at etc..., but believe he is not at Wimberly anymore...

Hawk Fan Izzy
07-24-2005, 06:59 PM
Originally posted by NHSRattler60
Isn't Zapata "shoe" in Spanish? You guys are the Shoe Hawks?

LMAO Sorry that's just funny.

Funny but incorrect. ZapatO means shoe. Zapata is a name, usually connected to Emilio Zapata.

Anyway, the Hawks are going to take district this year!

TarponFanInNorthTexas
07-24-2005, 08:46 PM
Of course Zapata is going to take D31. They're big dogs in a district full of cupcakes. Once Orange Grove and Bishop dropped down to 2A, there went most of Zapata's decent competition. Wait a minute.....did OG drop down to 2A or not? I know Bishop did.

Anyway, HEY GUYS and GALS! I'm back! And here to support those Port Isabel Tarpons, and the rest of Region IV.

Bandera YaYa
07-24-2005, 09:35 PM
Originally posted by TarponFanInNorthTexas
Of course Zapata is going to take D31. They're big dogs in a district full of cupcakes. Once Orange Grove and Bishop dropped down to 2A, there went most of Zapata's decent competition. Wait a minute.....did OG drop down to 2A or not? I know Bishop did.

Anyway, HEY GUYS and GALS! I'm back! And here to support those Port Isabel Tarpons, and the rest of Region IV. Hey its my old buddy!!! Welcome back!!! :p :D

gobbler84
07-25-2005, 03:23 PM

Anyway, HEY GUYS and GALS! I'm back! And here to support those Port Isabel Tarpons, and the rest of Region IV.

NO! OG didn't drop down....I threw against a Tyler Yaklin from Orange Grove at Regional!

TarponFanInNorthTexas
07-25-2005, 06:41 PM
Hey its my old buddy!!! Welcome back!!! :p :D

Glad to be back! I heard you lost a lil' game of Texas Hold 'Em to Jason. hehe

Bandera YaYa
07-25-2005, 06:58 PM
Glad to be back! I heard you lost a lil' game of Texas Hold 'Em to Jason. hehe I let him win............ :p :D

TarponFanInNorthTexas
07-25-2005, 10:49 PM
Yeah, BS. From what I was able to tell, you lost a lil' bet and you had to put a picture of his face with the text "I'll never play Texas Hold 'Em with Jason again"!!!

Bandera YaYa
07-26-2005, 09:18 AM
Yeah, BS. From what I was able to tell, you lost a lil' bet and you had to put a picture of his face with the text "I'll never play Texas Hold 'Em with Jason again"!!! It was a conspiracy....I was totally innocent in the whole deal......now who are you gonna believe, me or jason??????????? :rolleyes: :D

gobblerfan02
07-26-2005, 10:16 AM
It was a conspiracy....I was totally innocent in the whole deal......now who are you gonna believe, me or jason??????????? :rolleyes: :D

I'll believe you YaYa, but only if you let me meet your daughter in the near future....or maybe I'll just happen to meet her by chance at school, since I know what she looks like now!:D

TarponFanInNorthTexas
07-26-2005, 05:56 PM
Don't know who to believe yet......I'd have to see your poker face. You could be bluffing for all I know. My brother had a hard time with me when we played 1 on 1 Texas Hold 'Em. Damn landing a flush on the flop is sweet. Hehe.

Besides, where the hell is Jason now anyway?

Bandera YaYa
07-26-2005, 07:11 PM
Don't know who to believe yet......I'd have to see your poker face. You could be bluffing for all I know. My brother had a hard time with me when we played 1 on 1 Texas Hold 'Em. Damn landing a flush on the flop is sweet. Hehe.

Besides, where the hell is Jason now anyway? Geezzzzzzzzz.....a flush on the flop.....awesome! Ha, my poker face is transparent...ask jason!
Oh jason is still around...trust me, he's had quite an eventful summer! :eek: :eek: :D

TarponFanInNorthTexas
07-26-2005, 07:36 PM
Not only was it a flush.....it was a straight flush. 9-10-J-Q-K of hearts. ALMOST the Royal Flush.

TarponFanInNorthTexas
07-26-2005, 07:37 PM
I bet the highlight of Jason's eventul summer was kicking your butt at Texas Hold 'Em. LOL

Bandera YaYa
07-26-2005, 08:01 PM
I bet the highlight of Jason's eventul summer was kicking your butt at Texas Hold 'Em. LOL HA...I seriously doubt that....... :tongue: :wave: :D

jason
07-26-2005, 10:44 PM
I bet the highlight of Jason's eventul summer was kicking your butt at Texas Hold 'Em. LOL

HA...I seriously doubt that....... :tongue: :wave: :D

i agree with yaya :D

(the hold'em butt kickin was during spring break)

footballgal
07-26-2005, 10:51 PM
Welcome Back to my buddy TFINT! :)

gobblerfan02
07-27-2005, 02:38 AM
Not only was it a flush.....it was a straight flush. 9-10-J-Q-K of hearts. ALMOST the Royal Flush.

BS

She hadta let you win if you pulled that outta your rear end!:clap:

Bandera YaYa
07-27-2005, 07:10 PM
I'll believe you YaYa, but only if you let me meet your daughter in the near future....or maybe I'll just happen to meet her by chance at school, since I know what she looks like now!:D Too bad you are in Cuero tonite...she is going to the County Line to see Cory Morrow!!!!!!! :D

TarponFanInNorthTexas
07-27-2005, 07:53 PM
BS

She hadta let you win if you pulled that outta your rear end!:clap:

Nope, it REALLY happened. Was playing at a small bets table at a casino in Oklahoma just north of Gainesville. I also milked about 3 of those SOBs there at the table for as much as I could get out of 'em too with that flush on the flop. Walked away from that table with some NICE money. Started with $20, ended with $350, was as high as $420 before a guy took me for about $100 with 4 of a kind, over my straight 5-9. Got $30 of it back before I called it a night.

Overall, it was fun. That was my first real experience playing Texas Hold 'Em for actual money, instead of just playing in free tournaments or with friends with fake chips.

gobblerfan02
07-30-2005, 02:59 AM
Man, I woulda loved to go. I'm 21 now, so it would be legal. I play Hold'em at least once a week with friends. Just a small 5$ buy-in, winner takes all kinda deal. We're not big gamblers but we do it for the fun as well.

O and YaYa, who said I was in Cuero....I coulda went to check out your daughter @ the County Line the other night....but, I was in fact in Cuero, dang it!:doh:

All right, I think it's past my bedtime now, hafta get up b'fore ten on saturday morning! YUCK!

pirate4state
07-30-2005, 09:38 AM
I play Hold'em at least once a week with friends. Just a small 5$ buy-in, winner takes all kinda deal. We're not big gamblers but we do it for the fun as well.

Same type of deal with me. If it is "family" poker night we play $5 dollar buy-in, but if I'm at a friends house it can be as low as $5 and as much as $20. We all think we're big gamblers!!! :D :D

gobblerfan02
07-30-2005, 02:31 PM
Hold'em is great.....but the other night we wanted to try something different....so guess what we played?

OLD MAID!....we took out the A of clubs and made the A of spades the old maid....we still played for money, but it was pure luck to see who won it all at the end!

chubbed_up
07-31-2005, 01:44 AM
[i]YES, I said it, a BETTER QB! Any arguments are welcome, I'd very much like to argue this issue with anyone! [/B]

i do no appreciate this in the least, the general was a great quarterback but even better than that he was an awesome leader. maybe if you were out on that field with us when we were down and you looked into his eyes and knew right then that he wasnt about to let us lose then maybe you could argue the point. there was never a time this past season that losing even crossed my mind because of him.(14-1 aint to bad to go out on) i put all of my faith in him and what he took our team to. thanks for everything matt, you really showed me a lot

gobblerfan02
07-31-2005, 06:52 PM
Originally posted by chubbed_up
i do no appreciate this in the least, the general was a great quarterback but even better than that he was an awesome leader. maybe if you were out on that field with us when we were down and you looked into his eyes and knew right then that he wasnt about to let us lose then maybe you could argue the point. there was never a time this past season that losing even crossed my mind because of him.(14-1 aint to bad to go out on) i put all of my faith in him and what he took our team to. thanks for everything matt, you really showed me a lot

All right chubbed, who ever said that matt WASN'T a great QB?...Please, give me the thread and I will eat my own words!!:mad:

BTW, if you actually go back and read most of the threads, you will find that I actually said that matt was a great leader and was well respected, and I even like matt as a person, a great guy!

We can go 'round and 'round on this issue if you want by all means! I just want you to get all the facts b'fore you start smack talkin', and please do so before you post again! Thanks!

gobblerfan02
07-31-2005, 06:52 PM
ROOKIES!:clap:

PhiI C
07-31-2005, 08:17 PM
BEWARE OF THE HOWLING BEAR!

slyder
07-31-2005, 08:27 PM
there's no crying in football....

chubbed_up
07-31-2005, 09:32 PM
i wasnt talking smack i was just defending the general so lets not get all puffy lipped and defensive. sorry to upset you