1. WEST ORANGE-STARK
2. Bridge City
3. Hardin-Jefferson
4. Anahuac
5. Hamshire-Fannett
6. Orangefield

fairfield_06
07-17-2005, 01:48 PM
Madisonville over Fairfield you have got to be kidding me.

BHBrave08
07-17-2005, 01:53 PM
I still think Cleveland will upset Liberty in District 23.

RdaleBoi08
07-17-2005, 01:58 PM
I Dono About Giddings Being 3rd Cuz They Didn't Show Ne Thing Last Year!

Matthew328
07-17-2005, 02:02 PM
Lets see last year Fairfield beat Madisonville 17-10 pretty close game.....both teams bring back similar levels of players...each team has back 16 letterman...Fairfield 12 total starters, Madisonville 14 total starters...each team has about the same # of returning all-district players..Manning was HM all-state for FHS

here are 2 reasons why I think Madisonville beats Fairfield this year

#1 this year the game is in Madisonville
#2 Madisonville has a good kicker...it could come down to the kicking game

mwynn05
07-17-2005, 02:03 PM
Originally posted by Matthew328
Lets see last year Fairfield beat Madisonville 17-10 pretty close game.....both teams bring back similar levels of players...each team has back 16 letterman...Fairfield 12 total starters, Madisonville 14 total starters...each team has about the same # of returning all-district players..Manning was HM all-state for FHS

here are 2 reasons why I think Madisonville beats Fairfield this year

#1 this year the game is in Madisonville
#2 Madisonville has a good kicker...it could come down to the kicking game The game wasn't as close as the score

Matthew328
07-17-2005, 02:04 PM
Giddings and Rockdale was a close one....I liked Giddings with their backfield experience...much like Fairfield and Madisonville I think Giddinsg will be helped against Rockdale by playing at home.....for some reason I've always liked Giddings so I may be letting my bias get me there

dutchman
07-17-2005, 02:26 PM
17-3A

1. Connally
2. China Spring
3 Robinson

Connally will probably take the district based purely on athletes. China Spring may not have the athletes of the other schools, but they have a very intelligent coach that knows how to win. Robinson while turning around their season last year, have lost their head coach - which I think was a large part of their motivation; and a large part of their offense. Their quarterback Kitchens is very good with some seasoned receivers, but I do not see a repeat of last year.

18-3A

1. Marlin
2. Fairfield
3. Madisonville

Fairfield's defense will help them while their quarterback is learning the ropes. Their defensive secondary is solid, and they return a lot of beef up front on the defensive line. Madisonville lost too much talent last year, with the exception of their quarterback, but I do not see them overcoming their offensive losses.

19-3A

1. Cameron
2. Hutto
3. Caldwell
4. Giddings

Cameron has too much speed for most of the teams in the district. Their quarterback still has to prove himself, but the surrounding talent will take some of the pressure off, until he gets his footing. Personally, I did not think much of Cameron’s defense last year, but when you can outscore your opponents, it does not matter. Hutto will be the dark horse of this district, I think many are overlooking them because they were young last year, the win at Cameron for the district championship, I think will be a springboard for the Hippos this season. Caldwell returns enough talent to get the job done, they lost a lot of their offense last year, but their strength was their defense. Giddings was selected by the Central Texas Coach's Association to take the district, since I am unfamiliar with their team I will leave them in the running

CHS_CG
07-17-2005, 02:27 PM
I love that you have Caldwell at number one! Just hope the guys dont get big heads about it! That is what usually kills us!

caldwellguard62
07-17-2005, 03:33 PM
OH NO believe me we will not get big heads. We will win the district because me and the other seniors wont allow anything else. We will go deep in the playoffs too. OH YEA and we will beat everybody in our district. And Thats about it

tiger_94
07-17-2005, 04:39 PM
Originally posted by caldwellguard62
We will win the district because me and the other seniors wont allow anything else. We will go deep in the playoffs too. OH YEA and we will beat everybody in our district. And Thats about it

about every good team in the state feels that way right now, I know Cameron, Giddings, Hutto, and Rockdale do. We just have to see who fights it out and wins the district, not who can promise it two weeks before two a days..

marlin fan
07-17-2005, 05:08 PM
Go Marlin, Caldwell,Rockdale,Bellville!!! make me proud!!!

CHS_CG
07-17-2005, 05:21 PM
Originally posted by marlin fan
Go Marlin, Caldwell,Rockdale,Bellville!!! make me proud!!!

you cant cheer for rockdale bro!:mad: in less you are cheerin for them to be 2nd!

marlin fan
07-17-2005, 05:24 PM
Originally posted by CHS_CG
you cant cheer for rockdale bro!:mad: in less you are cheerin for them to be 2nd! dont care where they come just want em to do good for casey and gary and willie!!!! and i dunno why i said bellville lol should be Giddings cus i wanna see a Marlin vs. Caldwell playoff game!!!

sicem74
07-17-2005, 06:36 PM
waowoa woa cwell over cameron ok u say so

rockdale80
07-17-2005, 07:05 PM
you cant cheer for rockdale bro!:mad: in less you are cheerin for them to be 2nd!

yes he can:tongue: :tongue: :tongue: :tongue:

marlin fan
07-17-2005, 07:56 PM
1. Caldwel 2.Rockdale??? 3. Rockdale??? i dont care as long as caldwell is first and rockdale makes it!! Sting em hornets!!!:D

Old Tiger
07-17-2005, 08:00 PM
you cant cheer for rockdale bro!:mad: in less you are cheerin for them to be 2nd! Hey!!!

Old Tiger
07-17-2005, 08:01 PM
Originally posted by marlin fan
1. Caldwel 2.Rockdale??? 3. Rockdale??? i dont care as long as caldwell is first and rockdale makes it!! Sting em hornets!!!:D Alright Byron...now I'm never paying you back for them CD's!!! :D

marlin fan
07-17-2005, 08:03 PM
Originally posted by Tiger WR
Alright Byron...now I'm never paying you back for them CD's!!! :D rofl!!! like u were ever gonna pay me back!!!

CHS_CG
07-17-2005, 08:05 PM
Hey!!!

lol sorry Casey his sisters team comes before friends!

Old Tiger
07-17-2005, 08:06 PM
ewww yall are incest then!!!!:D :devil: :eek:

CHS_CG
07-17-2005, 08:07 PM
ewww yall are incest then!!!!:D :devil: :eek:

negative!

Old Tiger
07-17-2005, 08:09 PM
Move to Milano T :D

CHS_CG
07-17-2005, 08:16 PM
Move to Milano T :D

thats ok sometimes living in Caldwell is enough of a punishment!

mwynn05
07-17-2005, 10:29 PM
Originally posted by dutchman
17-3A

1. Connally
2. China Spring
3 Robinson

Connally will probably take the district based purely on athletes. China Spring may not have the athletes of the other schools, but they have a very intelligent coach that knows how to win. Robinson while turning around their season last year, have lost their head coach - which I think was a large part of their motivation; and a large part of their offense. Their quarterback Kitchens is very good with some seasoned receivers, but I do not see a repeat of last year.

18-3A

1. Marlin
2. Fairfield
3. Madisonville

Fairfield's defense will help them while their quarterback is learning the ropes. Their defensive secondary is solid, and they return a lot of beef up front on the defensive line. Madisonville lost too much talent last year, with the exception of their quarterback, but I do not see them overcoming their offensive losses.

19-3A

1. Cameron
2. Hutto
3. Caldwell
4. Giddings

Cameron has too much speed for most of the teams in the district. Their quarterback still has to prove himself, but the surrounding talent will take some of the pressure off, until he gets his footing. Personally, I did not think much of Cameron’s defense last year, but when you can outscore your opponents, it does not matter. Hutto will be the dark horse of this district, I think many are overlooking them because they were young last year, the win at Cameron for the district championship, I think will be a springboard for the Hippos this season. Caldwell returns enough talent to get the job done, they lost a lot of their offense last year, but their strength was their defense. Giddings was selected by the Central Texas Coach's Association to take the district, since I am unfamiliar with their team I will leave them in the running He started over half of the season last year.

fairfield_06
07-17-2005, 10:36 PM
Matt nice logic but we jacked around and played like crap in a meanlingless game last year. After we knocked out one of the states top 15 qb's in the first half. We kinda just toyed with them. Don;t you worry about our new quaterback and dont worry about replacing Lightsey we got all that covered

BIGHANK
07-17-2005, 11:10 PM
Dont agree with the pick for Diboll to come in third but i guess we will have to prove them wrong

marlin fan
07-17-2005, 11:30 PM
Originally posted by fairfield_06
Matt nice logic but we jacked around and played like crap in a meanlingless game last year. After we knocked out one of the states top 15 qb's in the first half. We kinda just toyed with them. Don;t you worry about our new quaterback and dont worry about replacing Lightsey we got all that covered Go fairfield get Second in District!!!!!

tiger_94
07-17-2005, 11:44 PM
and dont worry about replacing Lightsey we got all that covered

yeah right

fairfield_06
07-18-2005, 01:06 AM
Originally posted by tiger_94
yeah right
You may think that but you don't know the Fairfield team as well as I do. Kyle is being replaced by Malcom at running back and linebacker and he is a great replacement. This kid is for real.

dutchman
07-18-2005, 08:38 AM
Matt nice logic but we jacked around and played like crap in a meanlingless game last year. After we knocked out one of the states top 15 qb's in the first half. We kinda just toyed with them. Don;t you worry about our new quaterback and dont worry about replacing Lightsey we got all that covered

nice try fairfield_06, but you toy with a team when you have them down by 30 or more points, then anytime they score, you score so that they do not get any momentum going. example, jasper and gilmer. gilmer won because they built up such a lead the other team had no choice but to pass to try to catch up. anytime the other team scored gilmer would score other than that they just ran the clock out. this seemed to be the case with jasper, until the third quarter, then they were in a fight to win the game. so your logic does not play, if a team is within a score of beating you or tying the game, you are not "toying" with them, you are in a dogfight. also, the only meaningless games are for those who do not play them. when you are on the field every game counts.

mwynn05
07-18-2005, 09:21 AM
nice try fairfield_06, but you toy with a team when you have them down by 30 or more points, then anytime they score, you score so that they do not get any momentum going. example, jasper and gilmer. gilmer won because they built up such a lead the other team had no choice but to pass to try to catch up. anytime the other team scored gilmer would score other than that they just ran the clock out. this seemed to be the case with jasper, until the third quarter, then they were in a fight to win the game. so your logic does not play, if a team is within a score of beating you or tying the game, you are not "toying" with them, you are in a dogfight. also, the only meaningless games are for those who do not play them. when you are on the field every game counts. Hoow does every game count when no matter what the score is in this game your gonna play he same team in the playoffs?

fairfield_06
07-18-2005, 11:31 AM
nice try fairfield_06, but you toy with a team when you have them down by 30 or more points, then anytime they score, you score so that they do not get any momentum going. example, jasper and gilmer. gilmer won because they built up such a lead the other team had no choice but to pass to try to catch up. anytime the other team scored gilmer would score other than that they just ran the clock out. this seemed to be the case with jasper, until the third quarter, then they were in a fight to win the game. so your logic does not play, if a team is within a score of beating you or tying the game, you are not "toying" with them, you are in a dogfight. also, the only meaningless games are for those who do not play them. when you are on the field every game counts.
Ok you can say what you want but I was at the game and I know what happened. The game didn't count all spots were set either way so we limited most of our players. We still pretty much dominated the game. Maybe toying wasn't the right word but it wasnt a very close game.

dutchman
07-18-2005, 11:39 AM
Originally posted by mwynn05
Hoow does every game count when no matter what the score is in this game your gonna play he same team in the playoffs?

might want to think before you type. how can you play a team in your own district in the playoffs, unless it is deep in the playoff, such as regionals, but it may be a different team than you met before.

1. as for the game does not count theory, let's see; in district 17-3A last year china springs had to win by more than a td over gatesville just to make the playoffs.

2. hearne was knocked out of the playoffs because they did not win over teague by enough points.

i have often heard the argument that a game does not count so you rest your best players. maybe in the pros, because you are at a whole different level , but in high school as with most sports, why play if you do not want to win. now if you can't win without certain players that is a whole different argument.

now if you mean that fairfield had a playoff spot sewed up, i will buy that, but that was only because mexia and groesbeck could not buy a win last year, might not be in the same position again this season

fairfield_06
07-18-2005, 11:56 AM
Noone said anything about playing a team in your district in the playoffs.

mwynn05
07-18-2005, 12:29 PM
might want to think before you type. how can you play a team in your own district in the playoffs, unless it is deep in the playoff, such as regionals, but it may be a different team than you met before.

1. as for the game does not count theory, let's see; in district 17-3A last year china springs had to win by more than a td over gatesville just to make the playoffs.

2. hearne was knocked out of the playoffs because they did not win over teague by enough points.

i have often heard the argument that a game does not count so you rest your best players. maybe in the pros, because you are at a whole different level , but in high school as with most sports, why play if you do not want to win. now if you can't win without certain players that is a whole different argument.

now if you mean that fairfield had a playoff spot sewed up, i will buy that, but that was only because mexia and groesbeck could not buy a win last year, might not be in the same position again this season I don't think you are compehending Fairfield had no control over who they played and after the starting qb broke his hand early in the game the starters didn't see a whole lot of time after that. Also, you need to learn how to comprehend I did think before I typed

dutchman
07-18-2005, 12:42 PM
do you mean who madisonville played as the quarterback? what does that have to do with the conversation? you stated "why does it matter if you are going to play the same team in the playoffs," obviously i must have misunderestimated what you meant.

mwynn05
07-18-2005, 12:49 PM
do you mean who madisonville played as the quarterback? what does that have to do with the conversation? you stated "why does it matter if you are going to play the same team in the playoffs," obviously i must have misunderestimated what you meant. I meant weather fairfield won or lost they were going to play the same team in the playoffs. So really the only thing that game counted for was for the teams records

dutchman
07-18-2005, 12:58 PM
ok. fair enough. but i still do not think any player just wants to lose a game to move on to the next one.

mwynn05
07-18-2005, 01:09 PM
ok. fair enough. but i still do not think any player just wants to lose a game to move on to the next one. I never said anyone wanted to lose, but when your qb breaks his hand you aren't going to l;eave your starters in in a game like that

dutchman
07-18-2005, 01:13 PM
do you mean the madisonville quarterback or the fairfield quarterback, i am confused now. so fairfield beat robinson with their - fairfield's - backup quarterback?

mwynn05
07-18-2005, 03:51 PM
do you mean the madisonville quarterback or the fairfield quarterback, i am confused now. so fairfield beat robinson with their - fairfield's - backup quarterback? Right.

sicem74
07-18-2005, 07:48 PM
Originally posted by Matthew328
Division I team in all caps!

17-3A
1. WACO CONNALLY
2. Robinson
3. China Spring
4. Gatesville
5. Waco LaVega
6. Lorena

18-3A
1. Marlin
2. MADISONVILLE
3. Fairfield
4. Mexia
5. Groesbeck

19-3A
1. Caldwell
2. Cameron Yoe
3. GIDDINGS
4. Rockdale
5. Manor
6. Hutto
7. LaGrange
8. Smithville

20-3A
1. BELLVILLE
2. Rice Consolidated
3. Sealy
4. Navasota
5. Columbus
6. Hempstead

21-3A
1. PALESTINE
2. Rusk
3. Diboll
4. Crockett
5. Palestine Westwood
6. Huntington

22-3A
1. Jasper
2. SILSBEE
3. Kirbyville
4. Shepherd
5. Coldspring
6. Buna

23-3A
1. Barbers Hill
2. HUFFMAN-HARGRAVE
3. Liberty
4. Spelendora
5. Cleveland
6. Cleveland Tarkington

24-3A
1. WEST ORANGE-STARK
2. Bridge City
3. Hardin-Jefferson
4. Anahuac
5. Hamshire-Fannett
6. Orangefield
wait aint caldwell division 1 i swear i thought they was

dutchman
07-18-2005, 08:15 PM
Originally posted by sicem74
wait aint caldwell division 1 i swear i thought they was

yes caldwell would be division I only and only unless caldwell and giddings are in the top three teams in the district.

1. Caldwell (Enrollment 583)
2. Cameron (Enrollment 486)
3. Giddings (Enrollment 595 )

unless i was very badly taught in math i think 595 is more than 583, but i have been wrong before! :rolleyes:

sicem74
07-18-2005, 10:58 PM
ooooooooooooooooooooooook

hutex04
07-19-2005, 01:05 AM
Hutto 6th place in district? Obviously you know nothing about hutto. I'm not gonna defend them and give u reasons why they are no where near 6th place. I will just let you watch how the season plays out and you will see you were WAY off lol

sicem74
07-19-2005, 11:13 AM
quit crying its just predictions!

hutex04
07-19-2005, 10:02 PM
here is a prediction, Another Hutto win vs Cameron. Sounds good to me :)

sicem74
07-19-2005, 10:32 PM
heres a fact another playoff year for cameron!:D

rockdale80
07-19-2005, 10:35 PM
Originally posted by sicem74
heres a fact another playoff year for cameron!:D

Here's another fact. The way you spell could lead to another year of high school.

sicem74
07-19-2005, 10:38 PM
no this is only wheni type on the computer im to lazy to write it all out and in school i dont do that, i wouldnt be in the 11 th grade if i did!:rolleyes:

caldwellguard62
07-19-2005, 11:30 PM
OK here yall go how does this sound
1.Caldwell
2.Hutto
3.Cameron
There is the district 19-3A no yall can quit arguing cuz that is how it is going to turn out. Im positive about Caldwell being 1 but Im not really sure about Hutto #2 and Cameron #3 Im just sure about us being #1.

hutex04
07-19-2005, 11:38 PM
Hutto does underachieve every year. It amaises me how much talent we have had and how little we have gotten out of it. I think Hutto will finish 3rd maybe, more likely 4th tho. I have
Caldwell
Giddings
Cameron
in that order making the playoffs

tiger_94
07-20-2005, 12:16 AM
I love how everyone overlooks Rockdale..

rockdale80
07-20-2005, 12:33 AM
I love how everyone overlooks Rockdale..

Me too...Always flying under the radar.

fairfield_06
07-20-2005, 12:35 AM
I love how everyone overlooks Rockdale.. Rockdale has a football team?

sicem74
07-20-2005, 12:46 AM
r-dale they will be pretty good too but lets end it like this we will she how things go when district games will be on!

RdaleBoi08
07-20-2005, 01:04 PM
best way to put it right there! cuz i know im from r-dale were goin to be good and yall just over lookin what cameron has

RdaleBoi08
07-20-2005, 01:07 PM
how are people picking giddings up there becasue we beat giddings 26-0 it wasnt even close and our freshmen team played there JV and lost 20-14 So Says A lot Right There!

Old Tiger
07-20-2005, 01:12 PM
Rockdale has a football team? Yea...you should know...it was like a track meet when we scrimmaged yall! We were running up and down the field :D j/k

mike_jones_2k3
07-20-2005, 01:16 PM
I REALLY THINK THE RAIDERS CAN UPSET BELLVILLE

RdaleBoi08
07-20-2005, 01:20 PM
Raiders from Altair Rice?

mike_jones_2k3
07-20-2005, 01:34 PM
YEAH

JettJenkins04
07-20-2005, 02:29 PM
Where are all the posters from 20-3a. I read all the way down to here to read something about the Raiders or even Bellville.

mwynn05
07-20-2005, 02:34 PM
Yea...you should know...it was like a track meet when we scrimmaged yall! We were running up and down the field :D j/k Well if I recall correctly the last time the two teams played Rockdale's season ended. (nothign against Rockdale just this lil punk)

mwynn05
07-20-2005, 02:35 PM

sicem74
07-20-2005, 08:20 PM
oooooooooooo case!j/k

Old Tiger
07-21-2005, 02:10 AM
The only reason yall beat us was because the ref said our punters knee touched the ground when it clearly didn't when they showed the replay at WISD stadium. That caused yall to get the ball at the 2 yard line and score the winning TD. If it wasn't for the poor call yalls season would have been over that night

fairfield_06
07-21-2005, 01:40 PM
Yea right. Casey your new nickname is Bernard Hopkins.

mwynn05
07-21-2005, 02:00 PM
The only reason yall beat us was because the ref said our punters knee touched the ground when it clearly didn't when they showed the replay at WISD stadium. That caused yall to get the ball at the 2 yard line and score the winning TD. If it wasn't for the poor call yalls season would have been over that night yea your right theres no way that we could have returned that puint back or had a big play that dirve and scored any ways...and if you wanna say what if....what if fairfield hadn't thrown the ball on first down frmo inside the 5 against bellville and just ran it they would have scored and went on to play marlin and really I dont remember if his knee hit or not but stuff like that happens i coudl go look at the film and find all kinds of penalties that werent ro were called that would change that game.

sicem74
07-21-2005, 03:47 PM
Originally posted by mwynn05
yea your right theres no way that we could have returned that puint back or had a big play that dirve and scored any ways...and if you wanna say what if....what if fairfield hadn't thrown the ball on first down frmo inside the 5 against bellville and just ran it they would have scored and went on to play marlin and really I dont remember if his knee hit or not but stuff like that happens i coudl go look at the film and find all kinds of penalties that werent ro were called that would change that game.
lol sic em

RdaleBoi08
07-21-2005, 07:28 PM
lol..there charles go again?

sicem74
07-21-2005, 07:44 PM
ahah geah kort

RdaleBoi08
07-21-2005, 09:00 PM
Fa sho! lol

shellman54
07-22-2005, 09:06 AM
Ow, my head hurts from trying to read the last three posts........

Old Tiger
07-22-2005, 11:46 AM
Originally posted by shellman54
Ow, my head hurts from trying to read the last three posts........ lol

lacey7
07-29-2005, 09:18 PM
I cant believe that caldwell will be that good!! I hope that we dont get big heads too! You lost the "star" kicker! LOL

caldwellguard62
07-29-2005, 11:59 PM
thats your man lacey7 lol

CHS_CG
07-30-2005, 08:27 AM
Originally posted by caldwellguard62
thats your man lacey7 lol

are you ready for 2 adays young man:thinking:

pirate4state
07-30-2005, 09:36 AM
are you ready for 2 adays young man:thinking: well if he ain't -- he will be ...

hurtin' :doh:

CHS_CG
07-30-2005, 11:01 AM
Originally posted by pirate4state
well if he ain't -- he will be ...

hurtin' :doh:

oh im sure he is, hes the type that will kickin other ppl's butt's if they arent ready.

CHS-playa06
07-30-2005, 12:33 PM
ya guard tell them how you've been training all summer u should be ready! lol

caldwellguard62
07-30-2005, 12:43 PM
hey thats right i have been training hard all summer and im ready for 2 a days

52madmidget
07-30-2005, 05:18 PM
Am I missing something, Giddings? Top Four?

BIGGBROTHER
07-30-2005, 05:41 PM
wow this is going to be a fun year
hutto 6th
well thats like your opinion man
and a good one

Mandy
07-30-2005, 07:59 PM
Originally posted by BIGGBROTHER
wow this is going to be a fun year
hutto 6th
well thats like your opinion man
and a good one

obviously, you're not a golfer

BIGGBROTHER
07-30-2005, 08:30 PM
Your out of your element donny

Mandy
07-30-2005, 08:33 PM
i am the walrus

BIGGBROTHER
07-30-2005, 08:39 PM
no i am really

orp orp orp
see

Mandy
07-30-2005, 08:43 PM

BIGGBROTHER
07-30-2005, 08:48 PM
no im not the walrus im the hippo

Mandy
07-30-2005, 08:54 PM
with wookie like mating calls?

BIGGBROTHER
07-30-2005, 08:55 PM
haarrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr

Mandy
07-30-2005, 08:56 PM
i'm calmer than you dude, calmer than you are

BIGGBROTHER
07-30-2005, 09:01 PM
lets go to another thread we are getting off topic and this is the boss mans thread
hippos sixth
hmmmm

sicem74
07-30-2005, 10:16 PM
lol ya 6th good spot for em too

Mandy
07-30-2005, 11:28 PM
Originally posted by rockdale80
Here's another fact. The way you spell could lead to another year of high school.

HAHAHAHAHAHAHA i love you