21. Wharton
22. Gladewater
23. Kennedale
24. Carthage
25. Sweetwater

Ranger Mom
07-17-2005, 03:08 PM
Did I call it or what??:D

Looky Here!! (http://bbs.3adownlow.com/vb/showthread.php?s=&threadid=30962&highlight=Sweetwater+Hutch)

BHBrave08
07-17-2005, 03:11 PM
The woman is truely a Genius. ALL HAIL HER!! http://perso.wanadoo.fr/atil/forum/roi2.gif

spiveyrat
07-17-2005, 05:33 PM
Originally posted by BHBrave08
The woman is truely a Genius. ALL HAIL HER!! http://perso.wanadoo.fr/atil/forum/roi2.gif

This probably works better on a background color other than black.

Will this emoticon be in RM's next signature??? :D

HighSchool Fan
07-17-2005, 05:45 PM
how close was whitesboro to making the top 25 list?? :D

lostaussie
07-17-2005, 06:23 PM
Originally posted by NWRANGERS
WILMER-HUTCHINS WILL STILL HAVE A ATHLETIC PROGRAM JUST UNDER LANCASTER ISD CONTROL

famous last words!!!!!!!!

gobbler84
07-18-2005, 03:06 PM
Just now looked at it and I believe Palestine is underrated!!

lostaussie
07-18-2005, 05:42 PM
my thoughts on east texas teams for what its worth.

#4 jasper- right where they need to be. anywhere in the to 5 is testament to a very good team

#7 gilmer- little high i think. this will be a team that will gain confidence with a weak schedule. if they can get the qb going and i think they can, could again be a deep trip into the playoffs

#13 atlanta- hard for me to see them in the top 15 after going 3-7, but we all know speed kills, and they have it to burn.

#16 palestine- team that doesn't seem to get alot of respect. funny, no one wants them once the playoffs start. should be higher.

#22 gladewater-don't know where this came from. past history i guess. we killed them last year and i saw nothing to make feel otherwise for this season.

#24 carthage- a program that did well in 4a for many years is on the way up in 3a after several seasons not up to expectations. i look for them to do some damage this season

Old Tiger
07-18-2005, 06:12 PM
Originally posted by HighSchool Fan
how close was whitesboro to making the top 25 list?? :D As close as Smithville

gonnawin05
07-18-2005, 06:35 PM
you know what your duing i could not have posted it better myself :D :D

sicem74
07-18-2005, 07:55 PM
Originally posted by Tiger WR
As close as Smithville
lol casey thats wrong but hey they are what ranked 181!

Txbroadcaster
07-20-2005, 09:21 PM
Originally posted by lostaussie

#13 atlanta- hard for me to see them in the top 15 after going 3-7, but we all know speed kills, and they have it to burn.

it is not just that they have speed, but the fact they return so many starters...they were a sophmore dominant team, that was very talented but just learning to play together.

West22
07-20-2005, 10:00 PM
How do the top 25 continue to change without any games .?

LH Panther Mom
07-20-2005, 10:01 PM
Originally posted by West22
How do the top 25 continue to change without any games .?

The loss of WH created an open spot.

West22
07-20-2005, 10:17 PM
Thanks for the update.

bullfrog_alumni_02
07-20-2005, 11:32 PM
i still think bridgeport deserves a place in there, but i do like the poll. as always, good job.

chubbed_up
07-24-2005, 03:21 PM
i am not fishing for compliments for cuero in the least, i would just like to know what yall see in cuero and how we can lose 10 starters on offense and half of our defense and still be at the top? im not complaining i was just wondering

bullfrog_alumni_02
07-24-2005, 03:33 PM
Originally posted by chubbed_up
i am not fishing for compliments for cuero in the least, i would just like to know what yall see in cuero and how we can lose 10 starters on offense and half of our defense and still be at the top? im not complaining i was just wondering well good programs dont rebuild they reload. so they sportswriters probably see alot in the upcoming team to place them high. the year celina won its 4th state championship in class 2a, GA Moore stated he had no idea why the polls had placed his team at the top...again, and that maybe the pollsters or wroters knew something he didnt. they eventually won the state championship...again.

chubbed_up
07-24-2005, 03:35 PM
thanks bullfrog, i was just wondering

MagicMan
07-25-2005, 11:07 PM
hey chubbed_up

go cuero!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

44INAROW
07-26-2005, 10:28 AM
Originally posted by MagicMan
hey chubbed_up

go cuero!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

:D Hi MagicMan.. Long time no see :D

Macarthur
07-26-2005, 11:05 AM
I'm going to be a homer and say that I still believe Iowa Park is being underestimated. People are assuming that since they lost Swenson that they will struggle. No question he's not going to be easy to replace, but they have virtually all their skill position players back and 3 or 4 of their OL starters are back.

HighSchool Fan
07-26-2005, 11:17 AM
Originally posted by Macarthur
I'm going to be a homer and say that I still believe Iowa Park is being underestimated. People are assuming that since they lost Swenson that they will struggle. No question he's not going to be easy to replace, but they have virtually all their skill position players back and 3 or 4 of their OL starters are back.

IP had a great year last year, but how many teams did they play that the opponet had the star player or players out??

Macarthur
07-26-2005, 01:25 PM
IP had a great year last year, but how many teams did they play that the opponet had the star player or players out??

That would be one, HS Fan, Gainesville. Don't go down that road.

HighSchool Fan
07-26-2005, 01:29 PM
That would be one, HS Fan, Gainesville. Don't go down that road.

one?? why don't you wanna go down that road?? i'm sure there was more than one.

Macarthur
07-26-2005, 01:42 PM
one?? why don't you wanna go down that road?? i'm sure there was more than one.

Why are you sure there was more than one? Do you have facts or are you simply trying to save face with the IP v. Gainesville matchup? I am not aware of any team, other than Gainesville, having lost a significant player when they played IP.

I said you don't want to go down that road because you are going to claim that had Purvey played, it would have been a different story when IP played Gainesville. The fact is that other than the long TD run Gainesville had early in the game, IP dominated that game. They absolutely shut Gainesville down 27-6. And that score could have been worse. IP basically shut it down and went very conservative in the 4th quarter.

Now, would Purvey have made a difference? I'm sure he would have.

Would that have made the difference in the outcome of the game? Not on that day. IP was the better team and I don't believe one player would have made up that difference.

HighSchool Fan
07-26-2005, 01:43 PM
what about the graham game?? wasn't they missing a starter or 2??

Macarthur
07-26-2005, 01:48 PM
Not that I recall. However, IP won that game handily, as well, by 3 TD's, I think.

HighSchool Fan
07-26-2005, 01:50 PM
Not that I recall. However, IP won that game handily, as well, by 3 TD's, I think.

i didn't think you would recall it. they were either missing their starting QB or starting RB or both. the fact of the matter is, IP had a good season, one to be very proud of, but they just got the right breaks at the right time.

Macarthur
07-26-2005, 01:56 PM
i didn't think you would recall it. they were either missing their starting QB or starting RB or both. the fact of the matter is, IP had a good season, one to be very proud of, but they just got the right breaks at the right time.

I don't believe the burden of proof here is on me to recall. You are the one making the assertions.

I do think Graham was missing one of their starting skill players. Again, IP physically won that game. I think the same comment applies that I made about the Gainesville game.

As for getting breaks, couldn't that be said of many teams that go into the playoffs? Very few teams make it in without some breaks. Lord knows Graham has gotten their share of breaks the last 5 years or so.

My point is that Bridgeport is getting lots of press, which they deserve. However, IP has just as many starters coming back and won the playoff game last year against B-port. Yet, IP is not mentioned. I simply think they are being overlooked at bit, which is odd given IP's success the last several years.

HighSchool Fan
07-26-2005, 02:08 PM
you just don't understand the mind of a team when they lose their best player the day of a game. the best player is usually the leader of the team. when you lose the leader on the day of a game, it affects everyone on the team. the whole game plan is thrown out the window and you have no more practices left to get a new game plan. try looking at the big picture for a change. most, if not all high school teams, would come out flat in that situation.

Macarthur
07-26-2005, 02:28 PM
HS Fan, I have played plenty of sports and two sports above the HS level so don't tell me that I don't understand the emotional impact of those types of things. I never said it would not have an impact, but for you to have a cavalier attitude and say "everything would have been different if..." is pointless.

I actually am the one looking at the big picture. Hence, my question as to why IP is being overlooked. You, sir, are the one not looking at the big picture because you just can't get that burr out of your saddle that IP whipped Gainesville last year. We've been around this tree before on another thread and you can't let go of the fact that you lost the game. I'm sure it was some traumatic experience for the school and the town that they lost their star player, but boo hoo. :weeping:

You have to still line up and play the games.

HighSchool Fan
07-26-2005, 02:40 PM
HS Fan, I have played plenty of sports and two sports above the HS level so don't tell me that I don't understand the emotional impact of those types of things. I never said it would not have an impact, but for you to have a cavalier attitude and say "everything would have been different if..." is pointless.

I actually am the one looking at the big picture. Hence, my question as to why IP is being overlooked. You, sir, are the one not looking at the big picture because you just can't get that burr out of your saddle that IP whipped Gainesville last year. We've been around this tree before on another thread and you can't let go of the fact that you lost the game. I'm sure it was some traumatic experience for the school and the town that they lost their star player, but boo hoo. :weeping:

You have to still line up and play the games.

i have no problem with gainesville losing the game. someone has to lose, that's part of it. gainesville will lose a game or 2 this year. so what, that's part of it. your the one in here crying about IP not being ranked. i don't see any other IP posted crying about it. i gave IP the credit they deserved from last year. i'm looking at the situation from the outside, not from your homer position. IP took advantage of the breaks that was put in front of them. that is what makes teams look better than they really are. take off your IP blinders, you might get a better all around view of Texas High School Football.

Macarthur
07-26-2005, 02:49 PM
Wow. Absolutely amazing. You refuse to address any one particular issue. You simply throw out statements with no basis in reality and then accuse me of having blinders on or not seeing the big picture.

I give up. I'm not going to expend anymore energy on you.

:confused:

HighSchool Fan
07-26-2005, 02:53 PM
Wow. Absolutely amazing. You refuse to address any one particular issue. You simply throw out statements with no basis in reality and then accuse me of having blinders on or not seeing the big picture.

I give up. I'm not going to expend anymore energy on you.

:confused:

the only picture you seem to see is "IP is getting this or IP is not getting this" that looks like a big picture. there's alot of teams that aren't ranked that think they should be. so go join there group.

tmac
07-27-2005, 09:37 PM
actually all that matters is this year and whos #1 in the end

Pball
07-29-2005, 09:27 AM
Originally posted by tmac
actually all that matters is this year and whos #1 in the end

You are correct ! Ratings don't win games. It is just someones best guess. Actually I think being rated high can work against you....

lacey7
07-29-2005, 09:10 PM
Wow I guess that we actually are gonna be good this year!!!! Good luck to the upcoming seniors!

caldwellguard62
07-30-2005, 12:40 PM
Thanks Lacey7 we will do very good this season and thanks for your support

Buckeye80
07-31-2005, 05:28 PM
I'm not exactly sure where the Buckeyes will fit in to the grand scheme of things this season. Of course, QB is a big question mark with the loss of Manuel Johnson, but the little that Kennedy played last year showed alot of promise. I think #7 is a good "courtesy" ranking for a defending champion.
Gladewater absolutely does not belong on this list. Carl Padilla apparently just looks at the number of returning lettermen and lines the teams up according to those numbers. Gilmer goes unblemised in district again this season! Write that down!
And as for the weak schedule, we had the exact same schedule last season, and that didn't seem to hurt us too bad in the playoffs.

WTF-82
08-03-2005, 10:00 AM
This top 25 looks a lot better but you can not convince me that Snyder has a better football team than Sweetwater. They played twice last year Sweetwater won the first one in a good victory and Snyder won the playoff game with a missed Sweetwater extra point Sweetwater made a lot of mistakes in that game and there was a great Sweetwater interception by Carrillo that was called back interference call I saw it it was just a great break on the ball. Snyder scored on the drive.

Pball
08-03-2005, 12:55 PM
Originally posted by ***-82
This top 25 looks a lot better but you can not convince me that Snyder has a better football team than Sweetwater. They played twice last year Sweetwater won the first one in a good victory and Snyder won the playoff game with a missed Sweetwater extra point Sweetwater made a lot of mistakes in that game and there was a great Sweetwater interception by Carrillo that was called back interference call I saw it it was just a great break on the ball. Snyder scored on the drive.

I am sure this will be revised many more times. It was last year.

mr.leopard man
08-06-2005, 02:21 PM
whitesboro will have a better record this year than collinsville ...high school fan:clap:

HighSchool Fan
08-06-2005, 02:39 PM
Originally posted by mr.leopard man
whitesboro will have a better record this year than collinsville ...high school fan:clap:

what is your point? this isn't a 1a board. maybe if whitesboro played 1a they could make the playoffs. not really, they'd suck there also.

IHStangFan
08-08-2005, 01:36 PM
looks pretty good.....but i'd have Sinton a few spots higher i think.

pirate4state
08-15-2005, 10:25 AM
Originally posted by IHStangFan
looks pretty good.....but i'd have Sinton a few spots higher i think. Thanks, but I think I like Sinton being #17. :)

chugbug
08-16-2005, 11:09 AM
Bellville is running under the radar. They are going to be very good. They will beat alot of people on that top 25 list.:eek: :eek: :o :weeping: :weeping: :weeping:

KTJ
08-16-2005, 11:25 AM
I think it's interesting that Matt has Gainesville ranked #2 yet all of the other polls have them ranked between 8-14.

mustang04
08-16-2005, 07:20 PM
Originally posted by KTJ
I think it's interesting that Matt has Gainesville ranked #2 yet all of the other polls have them ranked between 8-14.

well..matt has s'water ranked 25th, but other polls have them lower, Texas HSFootball.com has them ranked #1, its all just opinion

gobblerfan02
08-17-2005, 07:38 PM
Originally posted by mustang04
well..matt has s'water ranked 25th, but other polls have them lower, Texas HSFootball.com has them ranked #1, its all just opinion

Your right, we'll just hafta wait til december gets here!

FormerBellvilleBrahma
08-27-2005, 10:15 PM
Hey Matt, you have Caldwell at 11, were do you put the Brahmas, after a Bellville win 24-6?

Gobbla2001
08-27-2005, 11:03 PM
I'm guessing he puts Caldwell lower than they were and Bellville higher than they were...

that's just my 'wild' guess :confused:

FormerBellvilleBrahma
08-27-2005, 11:13 PM
Were did he have Bellville? Not in the top 25!

Gobbla2001
08-27-2005, 11:17 PM
Originally posted by FormerBellvilleBrahma
Not in the top 25!

Like I said... Caldwell prolly lower, Bellville prolly higher, whether it be in the polls or in his mind...