Division I team will be in all caps

6-3A
1. GAINESVILLE
2. Sanger
3. PILOT POINT
4. Bowie
5. Whitesboro
6. Pottsboro

You have 2 teams capitalized....Which one is it?

wildstangs
07-17-2005, 02:25 PM
Gainesville is much larger than PP, so I am sure thats who he meant.

CRHSeagle
07-17-2005, 07:34 PM
looks like Castleberry will have to beat LW at home to make it in the playoffs. Man this is really gonna add to the rivalry.

BeastoftheEast
07-17-2005, 08:35 PM
Which of these teams would have the best chance of matching up with Atlanta, Gilmer, Tatum or Jaspers team speed?

VWG
07-17-2005, 09:02 PM
If all you're looking for is team speed, then take Gainesville, Sweetwater, Hillsboro, and believe it or not WF Hirschi.
Football isn't a track meet, although team speed is nice to have.
Take a look at last year's Abilene Wylie team. Not dominating as far as team speed, but what a great run by that team and they continue a great history of a solid football program.

football4life
07-17-2005, 10:28 PM
Glad to see at least a few replies on a region I post. i think after this year some more people will talk about maybe a team or to up here. Seminole picked to win?? I didnt know if they would be anything this year. I heard they had a good jv, only one loss, which was a beating by us.

vet93
07-18-2005, 10:00 AM
Matt...I would flip your top 3 in district 4-3a....I think that Wylie will be strong again, and may do better in the playoffs, but Sweetwater and Snyder have more experienced returning talent. Sweetwater has a speed edge which is why I picked them over Snyder and it is why I think that they could make some noise in DII this year.

Buffalo
07-18-2005, 10:26 AM
Same speed they had last year, same defense Snyder had last year. That is why Snyder has the edge 9 back on Def. Defe end split time. Only replacement lt corner. COuld see these 2 teams playa gain in the quarters huh. Could it be in Big Spring?

vet93
07-18-2005, 11:14 AM
I understand your point Buff.....I just have a gut feeling about Sweetwater this year.....We'll just have to wait and see!

Originally posted by Buffalo
Same speed they had last year, same defense Snyder had last year. That is why Snyder has the edge 9 back on Def. Defe end split time. Only replacement lt corner. COuld see these 2 teams playa gain in the quarters huh. Could it be in Big Spring?

Phantom Stang
07-18-2005, 11:42 AM
If memory serves me correctly, they played in Big Spring last year due to the Snyder coach winning a coin toss.:thinking:
So....If they meet in the Quarterfinals again this year, then the Tigers just may find themselves visiting Mustang Bowl !!!:eek: :evillaugh

Buffalo
07-18-2005, 05:22 PM
Not a phantom chance. That would have to be a home home flip so that game would have been a tiger stadium if that was the case. A home nuetral does not carry over year to year. Just to answer your question Phantom

Z motion 10 out on 2
07-18-2005, 06:07 PM
District 5

I'm going to go out on a limb here and call some major upsets. here is how I see district 5:

1) Breckenridge - Breakout year for their stud QB. The Bucks had a good year last year and I think they build on that. They may take Vernon for the district championship.

2) Vernon - they have a very young team, but bring with them a lot of speed. It will be the third year in the wing T and these kids now have it down. The coaches will not have another breakdown year like they did last year. It has been a long time since Vernon won a district crown and the time has now come. The JV team went 8-2 last year and should better that this year. The real question is who will be the QB and how well that person plays will determine a lot. But Vernon has the backs to run the ball. The Bucks will have to battle to beat the Lions.

3) Iowa Park - They have the coaching but lost a key cog to last years wheel (Swenson). They will have a good team and make the playoffs. Like Vernon the Hawks will have a new QB and a lot hinges on that position.

4) Graham - New coaches, new schemes, and the party ended last year. Graham Fan will wish they had the old coaching staff back. McCool is dangerous as he has the speed. I would rather hand him the ball than throw it! Graham could edge IP for the third playoff spot but I don't think they beat Vernon or Breck.

5) Hirschi - They will upset someone so who is it going to be? Like VWC stated these guys also have team speed. The question is can they get over being beaten up so bad the past two years.

Now take this with a grain of salt as none of these teams have hit the field so what do I know? I'm also from Vernon so I'm sure I have some bias. But there you have it my preseason prediction.

superslyguy06
07-18-2005, 06:32 PM
Z motion your a pretty funny guy you know that. Graham Has plenty of talent to throw the ball they are always the most talented team in the district. Mccool not the only one with spped they also have the best athlete in the whole district in Louder (1st team all dis. qb, db, punt.) He always makes plays when needed. Vernon should have been great last year, but look what happened to them ended after ten games. Also to think the Bucks will win the distrcit title makes me crack up. The QB is way overrated and who will he have to throw to noone like always. The only logical thing that came out of your mouth in that post was I.P. lost a key wheel in Swenson if they find somone to replace him they will be dangerous.

1. I.P. or Graham last game to determine
2. loser of last game
3.Who really cares

Z motion 10 out on 2
07-18-2005, 06:45 PM
Maybe so, I just don't buy into the passing game like you do. It takes time to get that down. I don't agree about Louder either. He had a breakdown of some sort last year with grades and that speaks volumes. Maybe he can get that fixed, I know he has been on varsity for three years, but notwithstanding he has to take care of business. I don't think he is anywhere near the best athelete in the district though.

I'm sure you must have been kidding about Graham being the most talented team in the district every year. You may need some reminding that Vernon won or shared the district title for 12 straight years.

Now I do know that my prediction is a bold one and who knows right now since none of these teams have even practiced yet. But I have a feeling about Breck and I know Vernon has some very speedy backs this year.

For what it is worth I have been wrong about district predictions just about every year! Maybe this is my breakout season!!!

GreenMonster
07-18-2005, 09:13 PM
My 2 cents on the District 5 thing, since I am a District 5 guy, either of you could be right. I don't see Louder as Graham's QB come District, my guess McCoy. Vernon will be dangerous as always. Iowa Park will run run run this year as QB just can't get it done with his arm, will still be strong with all the multiple sets, misdirection, and big strong O-Line. Breck will be chasing the big 3, they got lucky last year and caught Vernon looking past them, that will NOT happen again. As for Hirschi I predict another 0 - 10 season. They may have speed but there is no discipline in that program.

1. IP or Vernon
2. IP or Vernon
3. Graham

VWG
07-18-2005, 09:28 PM
First off.... on the Dist. 5-3A side, supersly guy is way too cocky and such a homer fan that we should throw out his predictions.
I agree with Z-motion on the breakout year for Heatley from Breckenridge. He should be the district MVP this year, but he needs help. Breckenridge has the best QB in the district but his supporting cast hasn't always played up to the level that Heatley needs them to. I don't know what the Buckaroos JV team did last year but it couldn't be as good as Vernon or Graham's JV squads.

Iowa Park, Graham, and Vernon will reload. All of these three teams have talent. Graham has the numbers to fill in spots. Their biggest question is who will throw the ball to McCoy's kid, the all-state receiver. They should move Louder to RB and let him be a scat-back in that fun-n-gun.
Some from the green Hawk land of Iowa Park say that their next QB is as good as Swenson. This will have to be seen. Swenson was very similar to the Carillo kid from Sweetwater a few years back. Very quick and elusive. Those special athletes only come around every so often. Duggins will help open holes for the Iowa Park running backs, that massive kid should be a DI prospect for sure.
Vernon won't need a QB if they run the wing-T like it should be ran. Just get a QB that can handle the fakes and handoffs and throw a tight end drag or five yard out and the Lions will be back in the playoffs.
Vernon had two very good sub-varsity teams last year so they should be pretty solid. I still see this race between the big three schools.... Iowa Park, Graham, and Vernon. Breckenridge can sneak up on anybody on Friday night, but they will have to support Heatley on a consistent basis to make it into the playoffs again.

vet93
07-18-2005, 09:56 PM
Z...I have some concerns about Breck breaking a new coaching staff...they may be used to a throwing offense but a new HC can sometimes set a team back a year until they understand the new philosophy (nothing against the coach that got the job). Graham will struggle at first but I think that they may be better than Breck by the end of the year. McCoy will use to his full advantage some of the speed that Graham usually has. IP losing Swenson was huge and as you said Vernon is young but has potential.

I will go with:
1. Vernon or Graham (depending if Vernon matures together well or if Graham really responds to the new offense this year)
2. See #1
3. I will give the Benefit of the doubt to Breck, but the coaches at IP do a great job year in and year out of reloading so they may sneak in.

VWG
07-18-2005, 10:10 PM
another tidbit on the Graham team this year.....
Many in the area think that Graham will struggle due to running the split veer for so long and then switching to a spread offense.
My question is.... how good is McCoy and his staff???
Shouldn't a highly regarded coach as Brad McCoy be able to come in and produce a winning season, including playoffs, with the talent that Graham has?
Owens has raised Monahans projections and as good as a coach as he was at Ballinger.... shouldn't they expect the same?
How much should be put on the HC and his staff to get their squad prepared for the season and ultimately win games and advance in the playoffs?
I think some people are underestimating the coaches that were hired. They produced winners at their respective schools before they were hired at their new positions.......... something to think about.

bullfrog_alumni_02
07-18-2005, 10:41 PM
Originally posted by CRHSeagle
looks like Castleberry will have to beat LW at home to make it in the playoffs. Man this is really gonna add to the rivalry. you know i think you are right. it will come down to our teams to see who is going to go to the playoffs this year. im sure that this year will be similar to last years. in that i mean a very drawn out game and one that will have atleast 2 ot's. whoever gets the spot, congrats. may the better team win.

vet93
07-19-2005, 08:35 AM
VWG...I agree with what you are saying....However, sometimes it takes a little longer than one offseason to get the kids really comfortable running the new offense and defense. I think that McCoy will be successful at Graham but don't forget that the last 3 years he had a prodigy running the offense (Colt his son). While Brad developed him into the QB that he was.....Cot was still an exceptional talent for a 2A school. Along with that....Jim Ned had 20 to 30 seniors (a very high number for 2A). This is not to take anything away from Coach McCoy....It just means that it may be a year or two before his prowess as a developer of programs is fully realized. I think that the same thing could be said for Owens....He has a little easier time because his district is not as competitve this year as 5-3a.

Originally posted by VWG
another tidbit on the Graham team this year.....
Many in the area think that Graham will struggle due to running the split veer for so long and then switching to a spread offense.
My question is.... how good is McCoy and his staff???
Shouldn't a highly regarded coach as Brad McCoy be able to come in and produce a winning season, including playoffs, with the talent that Graham has?
Owens has raised Monahans projections and as good as a coach as he was at Ballinger.... shouldn't they expect the same?
How much should be put on the HC and his staff to get their squad prepared for the season and ultimately win games and advance in the playoffs?
I think some people are underestimating the coaches that were hired. They produced winners at their respective schools before they were hired at their new positions.......... something to think about.

Z motion 10 out on 2
07-19-2005, 11:12 AM
Good points everyone. I do think coaching matters and surely Coach McCoy has had success at what he does. I can remember in Vernon when coach Hall came in and switched to the wing t. The Lions didn't really start getting that offense down until they hit the playoffs. The first four games were as vanilla as it gets. When district hit I can recall Vernon running different allignments out of the wing T such as double wing and then they threw in some wishbone against IP, but it really took 10 games before Vernon's offense was clicking. I'm guessing that it will be similiar for other teams that switch offenses. So depending on how well the kids learn and how well the coaches coach will tell the story.

All of the schools in district 5 have talented athletes. I think Heatly will be a hot college prospect along with Duggins from IP. Vernon has Craighead at LB (the last one on the team that played in the semi final game 3 years ago) and a several really young quick backs that will fit right into the wing t offense. Same with Graham they have the football speed and Louder does have a lot of experience. I'm interested to see how the McCoy kid will do as well.

I'll be glad to get a look at all these teams once the season gets going and we will know more by district time. Plus if I can recall IP, Vernon and Graham all have a heck of a non-district schedule.

Remember what I said on my prediction, I haven't nailed one yet so who knows, Hirschi may just pay everyone back for last year.

Johnny Moxen
07-19-2005, 11:20 AM
Matt...I would flip your top 3 in district 4-3a....I think that Wylie will be strong again, and may do better in the playoffs, but Sweetwater and Snyder have more experienced returning talent. Sweetwater has a speed edge which is why I picked them over Snyder and it is why I think that they could make some noise in DII this year.

Sorry to have disagree with you Vet93. Wylie returns more "starters" than it appears. Coach Sandifer tends to list and play the Seniors as the starters, however by playoff time, the better players are playing. This rewards the Seniors that have stayed in the program and allows them to offer Senior leadership. In reviewing the players returning that in my opinion saw enough playing time last year that I would list them as "starters", Wylie has:

7 Returning startes on Offense (including a QB who has been a 3 year starter and has lead his team to a State Championship)

4 Returning starters on Defense

Both the starting K/P

Those 12 players plus the the other twenty returning lettermen in addition to the 30 plus players that played on JV last year should provide Wylie with more than enough talent to win the district.

Not to take anything from Snyder who had a great team last, it's not the defense that won the games for them. In my opinion it was the offense. I don't think they have anyone to replace Dee Walker. Doesn't mean that you can take them litely though or they will beat you.

In my opinion, the team to watch out for this year is Sweetwater.

My predicted order of finsih:
Wylie
Sweetwater
Snyder
Clyde
Merkel

HighSchool Fan
07-19-2005, 11:25 AM
Originally posted by Johnny Moxen
Sorry to have disagree with you Vet93. Wylie returns more "starters" than it appears. Coach Sandifer tends to list and play the Seniors as the starters, however by playoff time, the better players are playing. This rewards the Seniors that have stayed in the program and allows them to offer Senior leadership.

i know another school that did this, trust me, it doesn't always work.

Z motion 10 out on 2
07-19-2005, 11:29 AM
District 4 is another tough district. All three of those teams are very good. I agree with Vet about Sweetwater's speed. Also Snyder did win some games because of Walker but also Castillo--both of which are gone now. Heck the entire defense is back, so they will be tough. What can you say about Wylie? JM makes a good case for them. I can't wait to see Vernon and Wylie play.

vet93
07-19-2005, 12:22 PM
Johnny....I am a Wylie backer...I by no means discounted the Bulldogs. As a matter of fact I am one of the people who protested the most concerning Dave Campbell's ommission of the Bulldogs from the Top 25. Notice in my previous post that I said that Wylie may do better than the other two in the playoffs. Wylie typically blooms late. I still think that Wylie will be very strong if they have their heads on straight. Being from Ballinger, I have a fair idea about Wylie reloading each year!

Phantom Stang
07-19-2005, 12:34 PM
Not a phantom chance. That would have to be a home home flip so that game would have been a tiger stadium if that was the case. A home nuetral does not carry over year to year. Just to answer your question Phantom
You seem real sure of your knowlege there Buffalo, but here's what the UIL says about it.

"When two schools flip for two separate sites other than their home field, the sites are considered home sites unless both sites are near mid-point."

The UIL also states:
"The team that was the visiting team the last time the two teams met on a home field in a post-district playoff game may require the game be played at it's home field."

Black_Magic
07-19-2005, 01:10 PM
Well then I would say Big Spring is about the same distance form both Snyder and Sweetwater. Being a mid point. about 50-55 miles from both

oh well
07-19-2005, 01:36 PM
Big Spring was a nuetral site. The flip was not home home so read your manual if you have one. That game will not be at a home site. If you are the visiting team of a home home that expires after 2 years. Yes I am sure Buffalo is right

oh well
07-19-2005, 01:37 PM
Noth site were nuetral sites it was called home nuetral so it in not valid this year.

oh well
07-19-2005, 01:41 PM
[i]

Not to take anything from Snyder who had a great team last, it's not the defense that won the games for them. In my opinion it was the offense. I don't think they have anyone to replace Dee Walker. Doesn't mean that you can take them litely though or they will beat you.

In my opinion, the team to watch out for this year is Sweetwater.
[/B]

That is the same defense that shut out Wylie in the second half and held Sweetwater t0 21 and a very good Iowa Park team to 7.

By the way Wylies Coach is going to be very busy being the THSCA leader. A president has never won the State the year he was in office just thought I would state that.

superslyguy06
07-19-2005, 01:48 PM
I know it is going to take Graham a couple of games to get in the flow of the new scheme. They had a very nice summer with 7 on 7. They have a very tought non-district schedule. But i predict that the offence will be hiting on all cylinders by the start of district.

As for you Z name an athlete that is better than Louder in the district this year. Also you had what every wing-t team needs last year. Yall had a quick backs and to add in hall who is a bruiser but can also run that is what a wing-t coach dreams. It just seems that Vernon can't match up to the physical standpoint of Graham b/c i recall watching from the stands hall and the other 2 back limping to the sidelines every so often last year. Who are your "speedy" backs this year?

Z motion 10 out on 2
07-19-2005, 06:05 PM
Originally posted by superslyguy06
I know it is going to take Graham a couple of games to get in the flow of the new scheme. They had a very nice summer with 7 on 7. They have a very tought non-district schedule. But i predict that the offence will be hiting on all cylinders by the start of district.

As for you Z name an athlete that is better than Louder in the district this year. Also you had what every wing-t team needs last year. Yall had a quick backs and to add in hall who is a bruiser but can also run that is what a wing-t coach dreams. It just seems that Vernon can't match up to the physical standpoint of Graham b/c i recall watching from the stands hall and the other 2 back limping to the sidelines every so often last year. Who are your "speedy" backs this year?

Vernon's demise last year was team chemistry among o-line problems. But no since in arguing over it because last year is only a memory now and has absolutly no bearing on the future.

superslyguy06
07-20-2005, 12:45 PM
YOu still havn't told me speedy backs Vernon will have next year? Also who is the better athlete than Louder?

Z motion 10 out on 2
07-20-2005, 03:18 PM
YOu still havn't told me speedy backs Vernon will have next year? Also who is the better athlete than Louder?

Vernon's speedy backs are Briggs and Zamora. There is another one (HB) and I believe he is a Whiteside, but I'm not sure of it.

As I said in my pm to you I don't want to engage in talking bad about any player--which is what you are attempting to get me to do about Louder. I think my pm explained it enough.

VWG
07-20-2005, 05:08 PM
Originally posted by Z motion 10 out on 2
Vernon's speedy backs are Briggs and Zamora. There is another one (HB) and I believe he is a Whiteside, but I'm not sure of it.

As I said in my pm to you I don't want to engage in talking bad about any player--which is what you are attempting to get me to do about Louder. I think my pm explained it enough.

Louder is a good player, but believe me there are several good players in Dist. 5-3A. Let's leave it at that.

Who does Vernon have in non-dist. besides Altus, OK., and Abilene Wylie? Are they still playing Burk and WF High?

Z motion 10 out on 2
07-20-2005, 06:22 PM
Originally posted by VWG
Louder is a good player, but believe me there are several good players in Dist. 5-3A. Let's leave it at that.

Who does Vernon have in non-dist. besides Altus, OK., and Abilene Wylie? Are they still playing Burk and WF High?

They open with 4A Springtown then Oklahoma 5A Altus then 4A WF High, Abilene Wylie, 4A Burkburnett, and Cylde.

They play at Wylie and I plan to make that one.

Macarthur
07-20-2005, 10:19 PM
[B]
As for you Z name an athlete that is better than Louder in the district this year.

you may laugh, but the best athlete "pound for pound" in that district may not be a skill position player. Duggins is 6'6" and is now 269lbs and can dunk a basketball standing flat footed underneath the basket. How many OL in the district can do that? BTW, Duggins has verbally committed to Tech.

Certainly, swenson is going to be tough to replace, but many IP folks believe this year's team will be better than last years. they have 4 starters back on the OL and the only skill position player they lost is swenson. and the kid replacing him, riley, is one of the best athletes in the school. i think the Hawks take district again this year. but i'm biased. ;)

Z motion 10 out on 2
07-20-2005, 10:31 PM
Originally posted by Macarthur
you may laugh, but the best athlete "pound for pound" in that district may not be a skill position player. Duggins is 6'6" and is now 269lbs and can dunk a basketball standing flat footed underneath the basket. How many OL in the district can do that? BTW, Duggins has verbally committed to Tech.

Certainly, swenson is going to be tough to replace, but many IP folks believe this year's team will be better than last years. they have 4 starters back on the OL and the only skill position player they lost is swenson. and the kid replacing him, riley, is one of the best athletes in the school. i think the Hawks take district again this year. but i'm biased. ;)

Could happen. That offense is so hard to prepare for and your right about Duggins. Graham also has a nonskill player (Schmit I think that is his name). He is also a great athlete.

BeastoftheEast
07-21-2005, 10:04 AM
I don't know alot about this district but I do know that Vernon has great tradition and will never be down long as far as athletes. I would not count them out, after all they won the region 2 years ago.

KTA
07-24-2005, 03:20 PM
I dont see why everybody is down on Breckenridge, after last years success (with most of that team being JR's) I figured they would atleast be a top 20 team. Everybody talks about the QB, but Patterson is a hell of a player as well.

Here is the way I see the district playing out

1.Breckenridge
2.Graham
3.Vernon

Dont be suprised if Breck makes a deep playoff run, remember you heard it here first.

Titans
07-25-2005, 09:19 AM
District 8:

Where's the love Matthew? How in the world do you have Whitney at #5?

They have their stud QB returning...certainly after a serious knee injury, but he's healthy and running better than ever.

I disagree Matthew....I think you WAY overrated Whitney.

They should be last in TX...as usual, although they MIGHT beat up on Smithville or Pottsboro......even Presidio.

superslyguy06
07-25-2005, 01:10 PM
Wow a 6'7'' guy can dunk a basketball flat footed thats amazing! Who can't dunk a basketball flat footed that 6'7''. Duggins did not impress me at all last year. In bball also he has no coordination at all he may be commited to tech or whatever but he is not D-1 material. He is no where near the best athlete in the district just cuz his size. Yes I.P well be great this year if they can replace Swenson which will be hard i have seeen riley play afew games he is good i just think swenson can't be replaced.

Macarthur
07-25-2005, 11:17 PM
Wow a 6'7'' guy can dunk a basketball flat footed thats amazing! Who can't dunk a basketball flat footed that 6'7''. Duggins did not impress me at all last year. In bball also he has no coordination at all he may be commited to tech or whatever but he is not D-1 material. He is no where near the best athlete in the district just cuz his size. Yes I.P well be great this year if they can replace Swenson which will be hard i have seeen riley play afew games he is good i just think swenson can't be replaced.

Sly, you don't know what you are talking about. I didn't say he was the best athlete simply because of his size. I'm saying that he is pretty athletic to do the things he does at his size. Secondly, he's not 6'7. He's 6'6". Plus he's a 260lb offensive lineman. No one said he was Michael Jordan. There may be lots of 6'6" kids out there that can dunk, but I bet there's not many that will be playing D1 football next year on the OL.

He's a very good athlete and there's lots of D1 coaches that disagree with you. Go look at his list of offers.

Not to mention the fact that he hurt his knee during the middle of the football season and went through the football and basketball season with a knee not 100%. He has had the knee scoped and is now 100%. BTW, I noticed you location is Graham. Ask your all-state linebacker if he was impressed. Duggins wore his a** out last year in IP's win over the Steers.

Watch the languague
LHPM~

superslyguy06
07-26-2005, 04:33 PM
Really you must not have watched the right game if you are talking about #34 he was the only player that had a good game. He blew everybody up remeber that punt. Duggins is not as good as he should be being that big yeah his is good for H.S. but thats b/c of his size and i never recall him wearing out #34. If you can refresh my memory about it. Mac your just about funnier than Zmotion saying Breck will when the district.

VWG
07-26-2005, 05:47 PM
Really you must not have watched the right game if you are talking about #34 he was the only player that had a good game. He blew everybody up remeber that punt. Duggins is not as good as he should be being that big yeah his is good for H.S. but thats b/c of his size and i never recall him wearing out #34. If you can refresh my memory about it. Mac your just about funnier than Zmotion saying Breck will when the district.

Why don't you just go on record now and say that Graham will win the district? Then, if it doesn't happen, you can eat your crow like a man. Iowa Park has a strong group of kids. Probably more talented than Graham on paper.... and Iowa Park did manhandle Graham last year in Graham. In the second half the Hawks came out and ran the ball in their tight wing-T and wore the Graham defense out.

tick tock
07-27-2005, 02:36 PM
The IP defense also manhandled the graham offense. IP bottled up grahams option and forced them to pass more in that one game than they did all district season put together. As for Duggins, he's one bad bad man. And I do mean MAN. IP is the reigning District Champs and theres no doubt they will repeat this year. The QB to replace Swenson is very underrated right now. He is just as capable as Swenson. With the skill players returning, theres no telling how far in the playoffs IP will go.

superslyguy06
07-27-2005, 04:32 PM
AS for last years game against ip we were missing two key links to our offence and defence we spent all week reshuffling our defecne and offence b/c of injuries and grades. If we would have had louder last year ip couldnt have just keyed rogers on the pitch b/c they knew ontierveroz couldnt run worth crap. also losing condron hurt us too not only on the field but leadership also. You know it would have been a whole new ballgame if we had those two players playing. That is last year and this is this year and we know the Hawks will live in the past b/c it will be there last district crown in football for awhile.

Also tick tock are you a player for i.p you sound like you know alot you talk pretty big. Duggins aint as good as everyone says. yea he is a big dude but not a bad man. We will see when it comes to the last game of the season when the steers roll into i.p. and keep on rolling through with the golden footbal for 7th straight year.

VWG
07-27-2005, 06:06 PM
AS for last years game against ip we were missing two key links to our offence and defence we spent all week reshuffling our defecne and offence b/c of injuries and grades. If we would have had louder last year ip couldnt have just keyed rogers on the pitch b/c they knew ontierveroz couldnt run worth crap. also losing condron hurt us too not only on the field but leadership also. You know it would have been a whole new ballgame if we had those two players playing. That is last year and this is this year and we know the Hawks will live in the past b/c it will be there last district crown in football for awhile.

Also tick tock are you a player for i.p you sound like you know alot you talk pretty big. Duggins aint as good as everyone says. yea he is a big dude but not a bad man. We will see when it comes to the last game of the season when the steers roll into i.p. and keep on rolling through with the golden footbal for 7th straight year.

Tick Tock talks BIG????? Kinda like the pot calling the kettle black superslyguy.... don't ya think!
Ahhhh it's good to have the youth of this world on the downlow.

superslyguy06
07-27-2005, 07:07 PM
Ya it is thats what message boards are for. Its not for 40 year old to spend all day on it like most of yall. Must have a heck of a life spending all day on the "down low"

LH Panther Mom
07-27-2005, 07:11 PM
Ya it is thats what message boards are for. Its not for 40 year old to spend all day on it like most of yall. Must have a heck of a life spending all day on the "down low"

Actually, there is no age limit, other than the minimum age of 13. I guess next you'll say that it's not a place for women? :hand:

GreenMonster
07-27-2005, 07:18 PM

So, spending all day on the Downlow is OK for punk little HS pukes but it's not OK for the parents of punk little HS pukes that pay for Little Johnny's internet connection. Interesting. Man, I wish I was back in HS..... oh yeah that's right, I had a girlfriend that got all of my spare time back then. How ever do you find the time to spend all day on here, must not have a social life. Poor, sad little boy. :(

Bandera YaYa
07-27-2005, 07:36 PM
Ya it is thats what message boards are for. Its not for 40 year old to spend all day on it like most of yall. Must have a heck of a life spending all day on the "down low" [COLOR=deeppink]It sure is a heck of a life when we can do just about anything the he// we want to.....which doesn't include worrying about zits on our face, finding out your someone special is getting it on with the QB in the parking lot at school or
having that stinking job at the local burger place.......
IT SURE IS GRAND!!!!!! I HOPE YOU MAKE IT THIS FAR!!! WOOHOO!!!!

[COLOR] :p :p :p :cool:

Ranger Mom
07-27-2005, 09:30 PM

Hey super(not so sly)guy,

Check out this poll 3adownlow ages (http://bbs.3adownlow.com/vb/showthread.php?s=&threadid=15269&highlight=poll)

I guess you can always find another board where you AREN'T in the minority!:inlove:

HighSchool Fan
07-27-2005, 09:33 PM
Originally posted by Ranger Mom
Hey super(not so sly)guy,

Check out this poll 3adownlow ages (http://bbs.3adownlow.com/vb/showthread.php?s=&threadid=15269&highlight=poll)

I guess you can always find another board where you AREN'T in the minority!:inlove:

Go RM

sguy, you don't wanna get on the wrong side of the moms here. they know how to take care of business.

Z motion 10 out on 2
07-27-2005, 10:56 PM
This is getting bad for the sguy fast. Suggestion from the 30-40 age group:

1) Don't degrade any players
2) Don't make the 40's and up mad at you
3) Don't make the mom's mad at you
4) Post with respect even though you may disagree
5) Eat your crow when you deserve it

Hope this helps!

Your friend Z~

mustang04
07-28-2005, 12:31 AM
Originally posted by Z motion 10 out on 2
This is getting bad for the sguy fast. Suggestion from the 30-40 age group:

1) Don't degrade any players
2) Don't make the 40's and up mad at you
3) Don't make the mom's mad at you
4) Post with respect even though you may disagree
5) Eat your crow when you deserve it

Hope this helps!

Your friend Z~

u forgot, if the kiss my butt enough then they are in everybody's good graces. so pucker up supersly:kiss:

mustang04
07-28-2005, 12:36 AM

u seem to talk big too, from what i remember, we KILLED Graham my senior year, and i think we beat them the year before, and i know we took them outta the playoffs the year before that....yall dont even deserve to be steers...at least they once had balls

sicem74
07-28-2005, 01:43 AM
lol good point!

superslyguy06
07-28-2005, 01:53 PM
I think your wrong stang i remember yall coming to our house and leaving as losers if my memory serves right. The year yall knock us out of the playoffs that was the most talented team we ever had but of course yall had the better coach and got the win.

Ranger Mom
07-28-2005, 08:04 PM
I think your wrong stang i remember yall coming to our house and leaving as losers if my memory serves right. The year yall knock us out of the playoffs that was the most talented team we ever had but of course yall had the better coach and got the win.

Sounds like they had the better players also!;)

Bandera YaYa
07-28-2005, 08:27 PM
Originally posted by Ranger Mom
Sounds like they had the better players also!;) ROTFLMAO !!! :clap: :clap:

Gobbla2001
07-28-2005, 08:35 PM

May have been the most talented player y'all every had, but that just wasn't enough... The fact is the 'better' team won, whether by talent of chemistry...

GreenMonster
07-28-2005, 09:31 PM
that was the most talented team we ever had

And just who are you to decide that was the best team Graham ever had???? I remember a 4A Graham ballclub that went 3 or 4 rounds deep in the early 90's and another team from 1994 that went 3 rounds deep in 3A. Man I bet some of the guys from those teams would sure disagree with your assessment of what the "BEST TEAM EVER" is. It's hard to call a one and done football team the best the school has ever produced. Stupid HS puke.

mustang04
07-29-2005, 04:09 PM

of course, it was the coach, i forgot, he walked out on the field in pads and kicked yalls butt single handedly...good call, youve shown me the light.....so what ur trying to say is that yall were a better team than us??????? I THINK NOT:D

mustang04
07-29-2005, 04:13 PM
and another thing...my senior year, i do recall beating yall like 28-7 and i dont remember the actual stats but it was sad, our defense scored 2 of the touchdowns against yall HAHAHAHAHA

watch out for the graham cows
dont have the balls to be bulls, but NEVER did to even be called steers

Phantom Stang
07-30-2005, 12:05 AM
Originally posted by Black_Magic
Well then I would say Big Spring is about the same distance form both Snyder and Sweetwater. Being a mid point. about 50-55 miles from both
Wow! You mean Snyder folks really travel to Sweetwater by going through BIG SPRING?!!:eek:

Phantom Stang
07-30-2005, 12:09 AM
For those not familiar with our area, Sweetwater and Snyder are only about 40 miles apart.

Buffalo
07-30-2005, 12:08 PM
The flip was for a nuetral site so it does not matter. If it happens again there will be another flip

Phantom Stang
07-30-2005, 04:04 PM
The flip was for a nuetral site so it does not matter. If it happens again there will be another flip
That's not what I heard, so I'll have to see a copy of the game contract from last season to change my mind.
Anyhow, here's to hoping that there's cause for one of us to say "I told you so" this coming December. :cool:

KTA
07-30-2005, 05:00 PM
yall had the better coach and got the win

Being coached under both Bourquin, and Jackson I would have to say having Jackson sure in the hell didnt hurt.

Buffalo
07-30-2005, 06:05 PM
I was there. No game contract anyway. Probally should hve been one though.

Buffalo
07-30-2005, 06:06 PM
I agree it would be another great game I am sure. Maybe the flip should have been for Texas Stadium.

hawkfan65
08-15-2005, 12:50 AM
Hey sly guy, I have a question for you? How can you say hes not a good player when he got all those offers from DI colleges while playing with a broken hand??? Thats right they still wanted him, just think of what he can do without his hand broken.... O and by the way Riley will re-place Swenson very well he might not be as good but when he throws the ball very very fast, and hes also a very good runner and a little bigger than swenson. So everyone watch out, IP's comin back to take some more souls!!!