PDA

View Full Version : The CAT pitches a one hitter for Team USA!

Phil C
07-16-2005, 10:40 AM
That is in softball. In a rematch between the two final olympic softball teams in Athens Catherine Osterman pitched a one hitter as the USA beat Australia 3 to 1. Way to go CAT! Way to go USA!!

Old Tiger
07-16-2005, 05:35 PM
good job!

PhiI C
07-16-2005, 09:35 PM
This was good because the USA played bad on Thursday and lost to a green Candian team 2 to 1 with terrible batting and costly errors. They barely beat Australia 3 to 1 Friday thanks to the CAT's great pitching. Today there is good news because the bats have come alive and they beat China 11 to 3 in 4 1/2 innings! The Tennessee pitcher did good for a couple of innings but got into a jam in the third inning and was replaced. She was just a freshman this year but anyone who says that she is better than the CAT doesn't know what they are talking about. Remember she was just a freshman this year and has great potential to be a great one but she is not on CAT's level yet. The USA is to play China in a key game tomorrow and will be on ESPN I think at noon or an hour later. The USA needs to win this one badly. Jeanie Finch will be pitching for the USA. Watch the Tour de France in the morning and softball and JEANIE FINCH in the early afternoon and the Yankees in the early evening and the ESPY delayed broadcast awards after the Yankees baseball game. You gotta love it!!

fairfield_06
07-16-2005, 10:40 PM
Phil I thought that Abbot the Tennessee pitcher was a sophmore this year. But anyways your right Cat is way better.

AP Panther Fan
07-16-2005, 11:06 PM
http://sportsmed.starwave.com/media/pg2/2003/0228/photo/jf_cu.jpg

Jennie, not Jeanie....not that it bothers me...:D

AggieJohn
07-16-2005, 11:44 PM
she is cute, that's for sure

Phil C
07-17-2005, 08:09 AM
Originally posted by fairfield_06
Phil I thought that Abbot the Tennessee pitcher was a sophmore this year. But anyways your right Cat is way better.

Fair you may be right. I thought at the NCAA tournament she was a freshman but she may have been a sophomore and now a junior to be.