PDA

View Full Version : Man Arrested,Told Women He Was Steelers QB

ILS1
07-15-2005, 11:24 PM
Updated: 6:33 p.m. ET July 15, 2005

PITTSBURGH - Police have flagged a man for an illegal quarterback sneak.

Authorities said Brian Jackson, 31, dated two women by pretending to be Pittsburgh Steelers quarterbacks Ben Roethlisberger and Brian St. Pierre.

Jackson, arrested Friday, was charged with harassment for allegedly continuing to contact both women after they learned of the ruses. He was also charged with criminal mischief for allegedly ruining a Steelers jersey owned by one of the women’s neighbors when he signed his worthless rendition of Roethlisberger’s autograph on it. The jersey was worth $75 before it was signed, police said.

Jackson and his attorney, Paul Boas, declined comment after he was arraigned in Pittsburgh City Court and released on an unsecured bond Friday. Boas again declined comment when reached at his office. Jackson faces a preliminary hearing July 25.

The team didn’t immediately return a call seeking comment.

In one of the scams, Jackson arrived at the woman’s home on July 6, gave her an autographed football and pretended to be Roethlisberger, signing the neighbor’s jersey, authorities said.

When she got home from their date that night, the neighbor brought her a newspaper article and told her that the man wasn’t Roethlisberger.

Allegheny County police said Jackson pretended to be St. Pierre, the third-string quarterback, when he met a woman last September. She told police that during the three weeks they were in contact, Jackson often talked of his “teammates” and offered to autograph footballs for neighborhood kids. Jackson also told the woman to watch Steelers games so she could see him when he went into the game, police said.

When the woman did watch a Steelers game, she saw the real Brian St. Pierre on the screen and realized that Jackson was an impostor, police said. Jackson tried to explain to the woman that he looked “different” on TV, but she asked him not to contact her, police said.

© 2005 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.

Man Told Women He's Steelers QB (www.msnbc.msn.com/id/8588323/)

fairfield_06
07-16-2005, 12:22 AM
I just like the part where he signed the neighbors jersey with a worthless signature.

District303aPastPlayer
07-16-2005, 12:47 AM
Originally posted by fairfield_06
I just like the part where he signed the neighbors jersey with a worthless signature.

thats just classic

fairfield_06
07-16-2005, 12:50 AM
I mean come on thats really selling yourself signing peoples stuff wow thats great.

Old Tiger
07-16-2005, 05:35 PM
lol...stupid girls

District303aPastPlayer
07-16-2005, 07:26 PM
good point on that one

BTEXDAD
07-17-2005, 10:26 AM
Using pickup lines that include professing to be doctor, lawyer, movie star, athlete or the owner of the bar is too easy to be caught at.
Tell the girls you're a spy with CIA or an undercover officer with the FBI. Then the women won't figure as easily that you're lying. The guy obviously has a lot to learn.

AggieJohn
07-17-2005, 12:45 PM
or just say your from sinton, that always wins them over

gobbler84
07-17-2005, 01:24 PM
I know I'm not the smartest man in the world, but i think I would be about to tell the difference from a regular guy and Ben roethlisberger.

FootballChik98
07-17-2005, 07:51 PM
Originally posted by fairfield_06

That's pretty funny. I would hope that if I had a player's jersey that I would be able to recognize him if I ever saw him.

shellman54
07-17-2005, 10:02 PM
dangit, someone took my line!!!

sahen
07-17-2005, 10:12 PM
Originally posted by gobbler84
I know I'm not the smartest man in the world, but i think I would be about to tell the difference from a regular guy and Ben roethlisberger.
u'd think she'd figure it out when they were out in pittsburg and no one was like "hey there's ben!"