PDA

View Full Version : Gilmer vs. D'Field

Buckeye80
09-15-2003, 05:36 PM
One can only hope that these two hook up again in the playoffs this year. Barring any "2002 Banderas" popping up in Region II come playoff time, I think this will be your Region II Final. Should be every bit as entertaining as last year's, but hopefully one more year of maturity will give us a bit of an edge. And we'll need one with the Mentorn Mims monster coming back! I say "should" be the match-up if New Boston doesn't whine out of a first round match-up again IF they even make the playoffs. Anyone else who cares about Region II (and apparently we are few in numbers) give me some input and maybe some of your shocker teams. And "Gilmer Buckeye", do you ever post to the East Texas Supersite? If so I'll see you over there. I'm Buckeye80 over there as well.

Gilmer Buckeye
09-15-2003, 06:31 PM
Hey, good to see another Buckeye on the forum. No, I haven't ever posted to that site. I'll have to check it out.

It looks like Gilmer and Daingerfield are on a collision course, all right. I see both teams winning their respective districts. I don't see New Boston making the playoffs out of 12-3A, but you never know.

Winnsboro is the surprise team in our district and immediate vicinity so far and they are knocking on the Top 10 door in Collier-Sharp. As you no doubt know, we have to play them there during the Yamboree. It may be more of a struggle than anticipated. The Red Raiders always play the Buckeyes close.

As for this week, Pleasant Grove has a tailback named Paul McGuire who is putting up some awesome numbers. This Friday night's game here may be another track meet.

If any Down Low'ers live anywhere within driving distance of Gilmer, come out and see what will no doubt prove to be a very entertaining matchup with lots of offensive fireworks. Hopefully, most of them will be set off by McKenzie, Hines, Johnson and company.

At least the field will have dried out, given current forecasts. Gilmer always benefits from a fast track.

Buckeye80
09-15-2003, 09:54 PM
I happen to be pretty well acquainted with #60 Drew Marshall, who I consider to be a reliable source of info. He told me in no uncertain terms at the end of last season that Winnsboro, not Lindale was the team to watch out for this year. I have to say I believe him. They're what...the second to smallest school in the district, but they always field unusual size for a small 3A school. What scares me is the "modified wishbone/two-deep/veer/weirdo" of an offense that they have always run. They run to our weakness just like Jefferson 2003, D'Field 2002, and Pine Tree 2002. I think you'll agree with me that the Wills Point loss in 2002 was just a matter of one guy (Jake McDougal) having to much speed at QB for us to contain. Anyway, it is likewise very refreshing to see a not only Region II guy, but a Buckeye fan here. And not to split hairs, but when we played Winnsboro in 95, we won 56-13, so they don't always play close, LOL. Later Bro.

MonkeyJoe
09-15-2003, 10:11 PM
Will be a good, no make that great, game...
but gilmer will win...good luck to both teams