PDA

View Full Version : Concert of the Century!!!

pirate44
07-15-2005, 02:57 PM
Concert of the Century in Corpus Christi (http://www.caller.com/ccct/live_music/article/0,1641,CCCT_849_3929038,00.html)

pirate4state
07-15-2005, 03:00 PM
Originally posted by pirate44
Concert of the Century in Corpus Christi (http://www.caller.com/ccct/live_music/article/0,1641,CCCT_849_3929038,00.html) RUN, RUN AS FAST AS YOU CAN!!!

Are you kidding me? :doh:

pirate44
07-18-2005, 12:07 PM
Originally posted by pirate4state
RUN, RUN AS FAST AS YOU CAN!!!

Are you kidding me? :doh:
well, does that mean you're going. you could request our senior class song.

spiveyrat
07-18-2005, 12:16 PM
link requires a membership...

pirate44
07-18-2005, 12:21 PM
Originally posted by spiveyrat
link requires a membership...

'80s hit Warrant heads to Corpus Christi
Band that made 'Cherry Pie' a hit says life's a party

By Cassandra Hinojosa Caller-Times
July 15, 2005

Unless you've kept up with the band Warrant all this time, you may not be aware that their bleach-blond leader Jani Lane is no longer the frontman.

And not all five of the band's hard rockers bother to keep long, teased hair anymore - just a couple do.

With sexy, pouted lips that may cause young girls to faint, Jaime St. James, formerly of Black 'N Blue, joined Warrant as the lead vocalist almost two years ago.

Did you know

Warrant was started in 1984 by guitarist Erik Turner.

Frontman Jani Lane joined the band in 1986 and left in early 2004 to pursue solo projects.

Jaime St. James has fronted the band for nearly two years.

For the first time in more than a decade, original members Erik Turner, guitarist; Jerry Dixon, bassist; Joey Allen, lead guitarist; and Steven Sweet, drummer; are back together.

The song ‘Cherry Pie’ recently resurfaced in the 2004 movie ‘Surviving Christmas’ starring Ben Affleck.

The band’s first album was 1988’s ‘D.R.F.S.R.’ (Dirty Rotten Filthy Stinking Rich), followed by 1990’s ‘Cherry Pie,’ 1992’s ‘Dog Eat Dog’ and ‘Best of Warrant,’ 1995’s ‘Ultraphobic,’ 1996’s ‘Belly to Belly,’ 1997’s ‘Warrant Live,’ 1999’s ‘Greatest & Latest’ and 2001’s ‘Under the Influence.’

Their worldwide album sales are approaching 10 million.

Yes, times have changed for Warrant, which plays at Graham Central Station at 10 p.m. Wednesday. Eighties hair bands dissipated and so did grunge, but that's not necessarily a bad thing.

"Here in L.A. especially, it was a great time to be in a band, but I don't really miss it that much because I still live it every day," said St. James who was in Black 'N Blue from 1981 to 1990. "I'm proud to be from the '80s in this rock genre. Some people call it big hair, but whatever."

Warrant is doing what they love best - cranking out the Top 40 hit singles that brought them fame in the late '80s, such as power ballads "Heaven" and "Sometimes She Cries," the sexually charged "Cherry Pie," as well as "Down Boys" and "Uncle Tom's Cabin."

"People will hear some of the new songs, but we're all about playing the classic Warrant," said St. James, who was on his way to the home of guitarist Erik Turner's house to write tunes and play golf.

"Of course, we'd be shot if we didn't do 'Cherry Pie.' It's usually the closer. It's when everybody kind of just lets loose."

The band is due to release their new album this fall titled "Born Again," with artwork featuring the mascot Delvis, "a devilish-looking Elvis." The release is the band's first studio record in several years.

The album is still very '80s, and the sound is similar to Warrant's first three albums with a pinch of Black 'N Blue, St. James said.

"We aren't trying to do something that sounds like heavy bands that are out now," he said. "This is music geared up for ourselves and the people that come out to see Warrant shows, and that's the way we want it. It's natural, and we aren't going to fight that."

St. James admits he adds a twist to the classic songs because he's singing now. And Warrant's original members, guitarist Joey Allen and drummer Steven Sweet, who hadn't been in the band for 12 years, recently returned, St. James said. Now Warrant is a "new band with old roots."

"I don't understand why a lot of these bands these days are dark and down," St. James said. "Life's a party. Let's have some fun. There's a lot of depressing crap in the world. Let's just have a good time at a rock show."