PDA

View Full Version : There is a God!

AP Panther Fan
07-15-2005, 10:04 AM
Just received word from the San Patricio County Sheriff's office that my son's stolen truck has been recovered!:D

It was abandoned at the Port of Corpus Christi and then towed to Portland. The only damage is stolen radio and battery + 1 cable. The interior, exterior, rims etc...are all fine! The thief even rolled the windows up!

I am on my way to Portland with about $300.00 to pay for towing, storage and battery and to bring it back. Now how cool is that?:wave: :wave: :wave:

Old Tiger
07-15-2005, 10:05 AM
Good news indeed!

pirate4state
07-15-2005, 10:15 AM
Originally posted by AP Panther Fan
Just received word from the San Patricio County Sheriff's office that my son's stolen truck has been recovered!:D

It was abandoned at the Port of Corpus Christi and then towed to Portland. The only damage is stolen radio and battery + 1 cable. The interior, exterior, rims etc...are all fine! The thief even rolled the windows up!

I am on my way to Portland with about $300.00 to pay for towing, storage and battery and to bring it back. Now how cool is that?:wave: :wave: :wave: :thumbsup: Awesome!!! :clap: See luck is already on your side. :)

Phil C
07-15-2005, 10:21 AM
Glad to hear this good news. I am sure your son is delighted.

Bandera YaYa
07-15-2005, 10:34 AM
I didn't know it was missing!!! But that's great news!!! Man, you were LUCKY!!!! WOOHOO!!

CheerMom
07-15-2005, 10:35 AM
You are very lucky!! Great news!!

44INAROW
07-15-2005, 10:38 AM

I am on my way to Portland with about $300.00 to pay for towing, storage and battery and to bring it back. Now how cool is that?:wave: :wave: :wave:

GREAT NEWS......... and have you made that call to your agent yet? **adding comp*** :D

fairfield_06
07-15-2005, 10:40 AM
Or your very unlucky because it got stole in the first place.

AggieJohn
07-15-2005, 11:11 AM
happiest person to ever have to pay 300 bucks is my though

SPF25
07-15-2005, 12:18 PM
i am so glad your getting your sons truck back. Dont you just love the relief that comes with the news. SIGH!!!

AP Panther Fan
07-15-2005, 12:24 PM
Thanks for all of the well wishes. The truck is a bit more trashed than what they told me.:(

The new chrome rims and tires were removed and replaced with some that I could not even drive on back from Portland (15 miles). The dash is broken, the interior light along with the radio...gone

and the worst part....the truck was baby blue with one silver stripe at the bottom NOW it has numerous other SPRAY PAINTED strips all over it including the hood and the full length of the body! And trust me, it is not a good job!:mad:

Oh well, I am still relieved and happier than I was with no truck at all! 44INAROW, now that we have somewhat of a truck back, I will be checking on the "collision other" insurance...not that I am going to let him put much money into fixing it back up!

Thanks again guys for the words of encouragement!;) :)

pirate4state
07-15-2005, 01:13 PM
Thanks for all of the well wishes. The truck is a bit more trashed than what they told me.:(

The new chrome rims and tires were removed and replaced with some that I could not even drive on back from Portland (15 miles). The dash is broken, the interior light along with the radio...gone

and the worst part....the truck was baby blue with one silver stripe at the bottom NOW it has numerous other SPRAY PAINTED strips all over it including the hood and the full length of the body! And trust me, it is not a good job!:mad:

I think this means it is back to sucking!! :mad: I'd be PO'd all over again! :flamingma

AP Panther Fan
07-15-2005, 01:18 PM
Originally posted by pirate4state
I think this means it is back to sucking!! :mad: I'd be PO'd all over again! :flamingma

I am physically nauseated and a bit ticked off!

http://users.telenet.be/eforum/emoticons4u/violent/sterb017.gif

http://users.telenet.be/eforum/emoticons4u/violent/sterb005.gif

pirate4state
07-15-2005, 01:25 PM
I am physically nauseated and a bit ticked off!

http://users.telenet.be/eforum/emoticons4u/violent/sterb017.gif

http://users.telenet.be/eforum/emoticons4u/violent/sterb005.gif I bet!! I just don't know what I would do. :crazy:

pirate44
07-15-2005, 02:47 PM
sorry to hear about that mess. that is in the same category as stealing a man's horse, and back in the good ol days, thats a hangin offense. i hate worthless dirty rotten thiefs.:foul: :flamingma

SwtwtrMstngs04
07-15-2005, 03:52 PM
Actually in Texas you can still be hanged for stealing someones cows.

AggieJohn
07-17-2005, 05:02 PM
yes you can

bullfrog_alumni_02
07-17-2005, 06:01 PM
Originally posted by SwtwtrMstngs04
Actually in Texas you can still be hanged for stealing someones cows. and someones horses.

pirate44
07-17-2005, 08:23 PM
no you cant :rolleyes:

spiveyrat
07-18-2005, 07:51 AM
Did they catch the thieves? Sure seems they owe YOU for the mess they made! :mad:

District303aPastPlayer
07-18-2005, 09:12 AM
Originally posted by pirate44
no you cant :rolleyes:

there was a thread a couple of months, about weird laws from the old days that havent changed, that was one of them....

Phil C
07-18-2005, 09:16 AM
District I don't know if it has been changed yet but from the old range wars it was still against the law to carry wire cutters with you and this incldues pliars since they have the ability to cut wires. This law was still in effect when I was a boy but of course it was one of those laws no one has enforced for years. I don't know if the law is still on the books or not.

pirate44
07-18-2005, 09:43 AM
Originally posted by District303aPastPlayer
there was a thread a couple of months, about weird laws from the old days that havent changed, that was one of them....
im not saying its NOT in the books. but you cant be hanged for stealing a cow or horse or truck or child. you tell me where the closest gallows are and the last time they were used.

District303aPastPlayer
07-18-2005, 10:09 AM
Originally posted by pirate44
im not saying its NOT in the books. but you cant be hanged for stealing a cow or horse or truck or child. you tell me where the closest gallows are and the last time they were used.

round here... to hang that rodriguez lady, i forgot her first name

Phil C
07-18-2005, 10:36 AM
Chipita Rodriguez was her name and she was hanged for murder in November 1863 under circumstancial evidence. I don't know if she was hung from a gallow or a tree or not. Many people think she was the first and only woman ever hanged in Texas but she was not. A slave named Lucy was hanged in 1858 on the Galveston gallows. She murdered her owner Mrs. Marie Doughterty. Mrs Doughterty punished her for some minor infraction and Lucy tried to burn her hotel down for which I think she was whipped and swore vengence. I don't know why Mrs. Dougterty didn't see some hand writing on the wall but Lucy later murdered her by blows to the head with a board I think. Lucy was brought to trial and found guilty and executed on March 8, 1858.

District303aPastPlayer
07-18-2005, 10:44 AM
Originally posted by Phil C
Chipita Rodriguez was here name and she was hanged for murder in November 1863 under circumstancial evidence. I don't know if she was hung from a gallow or a tree or not. Many people think she was the first and only woman ever hanged in Texas but she was not. A slave named Lucy was hanged in 1858 on the Galveston gallows. She murdered her owner Mrs. Marie Doughterty. Mrs Doughterty punished her for some minor infraction and Lucy tried to burn her hotel down for which I think she was whipped and swore vengence. I don't know why Mrs. Dougterty didn't see some hand writing on the wall but Lucy later murdered her by blows to the head with a board I think. Lucy was brought to trial and found guilty and executed on March 8, 1858.

what he said.

pirate44
07-18-2005, 12:02 PM
Originally posted by Phil C
Chipita Rodriguez was here name and she was hanged for murder in November 1863 under circumstancial evidence. I don't know if she was hung from a gallow or a tree or not. Many people think she was the first and only woman ever hanged in Texas but she was not. A slave named Lucy was hanged in 1858 on the Galveston gallows. She murdered her owner Mrs. Marie Doughterty. Mrs Doughterty punished her for some minor infraction and Lucy tried to burn her hotel down for which I think she was whipped and swore vengence. I don't know why Mrs. Dougterty didn't see some hand writing on the wall but Lucy later murdered her by blows to the head with a board I think. Lucy was brought to trial and found guilty and executed on March 8, 1858.
1863...i doubt that was the last time someone was hung, but even so, it all proves my point. if ya dont believe me, go steal a cow. if ya dont get shot by the owner, youll end up getting thrown in jail for a while. no hanging.

BTEXDAD
07-18-2005, 01:28 PM
Originally posted by fairfield_06
Or your very unlucky because it got stole in the first place.
I agree, fairfield. I remember having wreck years ago. Fractured wrist, fractured scapula (shoulder blade), various cuts and bruises. Several people saw the car and told me how lucky I was! (???)

Glad you got truck back, Panther!