PDA

View Full Version : Tour de France - Stage 13

Phil C
07-15-2005, 09:49 AM
Sorry to be late in reporting. This race today is basically a sprinters race. There are a group of escapees about 50 seconds ahead of the peloton. The peloton sprinters are organizing to make a run to win the stage. None of them or the escapees are considered overall contenders.

Phil C
07-15-2005, 09:54 AM
There is about ten miles left and the peloton is only 38 seconds behind the escapees. The peloton will probably catch them soon and the end will probably be a sprinters race as expected.

pirate44
07-15-2005, 09:55 AM
Originally posted by Phil C
Sorry to be late in reporting. This race today is basically a sprinters race. There are a group of escapees about 50 seconds ahead of the peloton. The peloton sprinters are organizing to make a run to win the stage. None of them or the escapees are considered overall contenders.
dang, i was sure youd have 10 or 11 updates by now:D keep it up Phil C.

Phil C
07-15-2005, 10:00 AM
The peloton is only 38 seconds behind the escapees with about ten miles left in the race. I think the escapees are going to be caught today and look for McEwen to make a good try to win the stage. One of Lance's main competitors Valverde is now out of the tour with a knee injury. That is unfortunate because even though we want Lance to win we want it done by racing and not by accidents. Lance is content to stay with the peloton with his main competitors.

Phil C
07-15-2005, 10:02 AM
Thank you 44. I was late getting started today. Right now Lance and his team are at the front of the peloton and only 14 seconds behind the escapees. Chavanel has attacked the escapees and is 9 seconds behind them.

Phil C
07-15-2005, 10:04 AM
Chavenel and Horner are now in the lead with the peloton not far behind. I don't know if they can keep it up but there are just over 6 miles left to go.

Old Tiger
07-15-2005, 10:04 AM
I saw on ESPN that 3 out of the 6 other times when Lance has led after the 10th stage he won

Phil C
07-15-2005, 10:09 AM
Chavenal and Horner are about 22 seconds ahead of a second group of escapees and 25 seconds ahead of the peloton with about 5 miles left. I think the peloton is going to catch them all before the race is over.

Phil C
07-15-2005, 10:11 AM
Chavanel and Horner are now 18 seconds ahead of the peloton lead by the Discovering Channel (including Armstrong) with about 3 miles left. You don't suppose Lance will try to win a sprinter's race do you? I don't think so but we will see.

Phil C
07-15-2005, 10:15 AM
Chavanel and Horner lead the peloton by 8 seconds with about half a mile to the finish. They might pull it off. We will see. I don't think Lance is going to challenge them since they are not really the main competitors. We will see. Hang on to your hats! This should be a great ending!!!

Phil C
07-15-2005, 10:16 AM
They still lead the peloton but the peloton is starting to get very close to them as expected. Whew!!

Phil C
07-15-2005, 10:18 AM
The peloton caught them with about 400 meters to go and McEwen has won the sprint to the finish and has won the stage! An exciting finish indeed! I thought McEwin would pull it out especially since Boolen has had to abandon the tour.

Phil C
07-15-2005, 10:19 AM
I don't think there will be any major changes at all among the top contenders today but this is not official yet.

Phil C
07-15-2005, 10:49 AM
Even thought McEwen won the peloton was right with him and the times are all the same so there is no change in the overall classifications.

Phil C
07-15-2005, 11:01 AM
The next three stages are critical for Lance as they go into the Pyrenees mountains. It starts Saturday and ends on Tuesday. Remember Monday is final rest day. It should be an exciting time indeed!

Snyder_TigerFan
07-15-2005, 11:13 AM
I believe thats where he does the best, isn't it?

Phil C
07-15-2005, 02:27 PM
Originally posted by Snyder_TigerFan
I believe thats where he does the best, isn't it?

Yes Snyder. He has always been great in the mountains.

Phil C
07-15-2005, 02:51 PM
As I have said the tough Pyrenees mountain race begins tomorrow and I don't know whether I will be able to do complete updates especially next week depending on the storm and conditions in this area but I am sure word will get around. The key races are this Saturday and Sunday and Lance will have to watch out for his challengers here especially Rasmussen who is only 38 seconds behind him. It should be an exciting time the next two races. Let the weekend begin!