PDA

View Full Version : Emily

pirate4state
07-14-2005, 09:20 AM
Looks like we may get some rain out of this one. :thinking: Hopefully it won't be too much. :eek:

http://sirocco.accuweather.com/adc_hurr_images/2005/ae/UHAE_2.GIF

coachingislife
07-14-2005, 09:24 AM
This is probably going to be one nasty girl. Hopefully the Yucatan will slow her down.

pirate44
07-14-2005, 09:31 AM
i predict its gonna hit FL.

pirate4state
07-14-2005, 09:36 AM
Originally posted by coachingislife
This is probably going to be one nasty girl. Hopefully the Yucatan will slow her down. It may slow her down, but she may regain her strength once she's back in our warm waters. :(

lostaussie
07-14-2005, 09:38 AM
looks like taking dead aim on the texas coast.

pirate44
07-14-2005, 09:48 AM
Originally posted by lostaussie
the thing is, hurricanes dont seem to log onto weather.com to find out the path to take. those things are way to unpredictable to forcast this early.

44INAROW
07-14-2005, 09:50 AM

that's what I thought too.. :eek: FYI - if you wanna make any additions to your insurance (home or auto) do it BEFORE it hits the gulf.. it's too late after it enters.. I have a couple people with home closings next week.. those will be put on hold if the storm enters the gulf... Hurricane's are a pain in the butt :mad:

lostaussie
07-14-2005, 10:00 AM
Originally posted by pirate44
the thing is, hurricanes dont seem to log onto weather.com to find out the path to take. those things are way to unpredictable to forcast this early. i agree with you. but, it's pretty amazing to me, that these storms can be so far away and the forcasters can do such a remarkable job of figuring out the basic path its gonna take. i wonder if they do that with previous history.

44INAROW
07-14-2005, 10:18 AM
i agree with you. but, it's pretty amazing to me, that these storms can be so far away and the forcasters can do such a remarkable job of figuring out the basic path its gonna take. i wonder if they do that with previous history.

there was a really neat story about the Galveston Hurricane of 1905 on the History Channel a while back.. It had copies of notes that Harbor Captains had sent to other ports etc via shipping vessels - asking barametric pressure, wind speeds etc. Can you imagine trying to predict landfall etc in those times? Totally amazes me they were able to predict anything....

AggieJohn
07-14-2005, 10:26 AM
looks like good old corpus christi is where the eye could hit

AP Panther Fan
07-14-2005, 10:56 AM

Anything that travels south of Jamaica makes me VERY nervous!:(

pirate4state
07-14-2005, 11:27 AM
Originally posted by AP Panther Fan
Anything that travels south of Jamaica makes me VERY nervous!:( me too, but it is an excited nervous. :evillaugh :crazy:

Maroon87
07-14-2005, 11:35 AM
We dodged a lot of "bullets" last year and so far this year. I think this one will be ours.:eek:

AggieJohn
07-14-2005, 11:37 AM
dang better get your surf in this weekend

Bandera YaYa
07-14-2005, 11:45 AM
Hey, can I come stay with someone, so I can experience a hurricane????? :)

AP Panther Fan
07-14-2005, 11:51 AM
Originally posted by Bandera YaYa

hmmmm, it would have to be my husband, cuz' I take the kids and leave. :D

I really want this thing to go into Mexico...anywhere BUT Texas. I just have a really "bad" feeling about it (I don't get those often).:(

spiveyrat
07-14-2005, 11:52 AM
Originally posted by Bandera YaYa

Go to Pat O'brein's in New Orleans. They have all the Hurricanes you can handle. :D

spiveyrat
07-14-2005, 11:53 AM
i predict its gonna hit FL.

Don't they all? ;)

spiveyrat
07-14-2005, 11:54 AM
Originally posted by pirate4state
me too, but it is an excited nervous. :evillaugh :crazy:

You sound like you have the makings of being a tornado chaser... frightening, yet exciting. :eek: ;)

AP Panther Fan
07-14-2005, 11:59 AM
Originally posted by spiveyrat
You sound like you have the makings of being a tornado chaser... frightening, yet exciting. :eek: ;)

she's a tornado alright!:D Actually, if there is a Hurricane Rita later in the season...the name alone will send me packin!;) :D

LH Panther Mom
07-14-2005, 12:01 PM
I live far enough inland to normally worry about them, other than for those much closer to or on the coast. Hubby has a fishing trip this weekend in Matagorda Bay, at least 25 miles off-shore. :eek: His friend told him not to worry, since it's not supposed to hit before Sunday. :rolleyes: Sunday is a little bit too close to Saturday for me. :(

AP Panther Fan
07-14-2005, 12:15 PM
LHPM, Actually, if/when I leave, I will probably head to your neck of the woods...Leander/Cedar Park where my sister lives. One time I remember leaving for a hurricane and going to San Marcos...we didn't have hurricane force winds but there were tornados everywhere:eek: :eek: :eek:

Year before last, we had a Kingfish tournament in AP and the boats just ended up getting out of the water a bit early on Sunday before Tropical Storm Claudette hit on Monday (I believe). Hubby should be fine!

lostaussie
07-14-2005, 12:24 PM
i know these storms are very dangerous for you folks on the coast. on the other hand, they are extremely fascinating to me. everytime one hits the u.s. coast i am glued to the weather channel. maybe some of ya'll will get to meet that idiot jim cantore.

spiveyrat
07-14-2005, 12:28 PM
maybe some of ya'll will get to meet that idiot jim cantore.

I don't know this to be the truth, but I'll bet he's one of the best paid TWC employees.

lostaussie
07-14-2005, 12:33 PM
I don't know this to be the truth, but I'll bet he's one of the best paid TWC employees. i have my on thoughts about him, but i'll keep them to myself.

AP Panther Fan
07-14-2005, 12:34 PM
maybe some of ya'll will get to meet that idiot jim cantore.

LOL....he was here in Port Aransas for one of the storms...maybe Claudette. I think it is a bit crazy for those guys and gals to try to stand out in hurricane force winds and report the weather with their bodies at an angle in order to stay upright and their teeth showing because their lips and cheeks are darn near slapping their ears.:rolleyes:

The things they will do for ratings!:D

Gobbla2001
07-14-2005, 12:37 PM
I don't want anyone getting killed, and I do not want anyone having their houses etc... destroyed... but this is really exciting for me... I love bad weather...

I will board up my windows and write in big letters 'Welcome to Texas, Emily, you @#$@#$ 2#$@#$@#4 2#$@#$2 #$@#$'
;)

LH Panther Mom
07-14-2005, 12:50 PM
LHPM, Actually, if/when I leave, I will probably head to your neck of the woods...Leander/Cedar Park where my sister lives. One time I remember leaving for a hurricane and going to San Marcos...we didn't have hurricane force winds but there were tornados everywhere:eek: :eek: :eek:

Year before last, we had a Kingfish tournament in AP and the boats just ended up getting out of the water a bit early on Sunday before Tropical Storm Claudette hit on Monday (I believe). Hubby should be fine!

I'm not overly worried about him. He went last month with a storm brewing - I told him then to make sure his life insurance was paid up, oh and BTW, please double the amount beforehand. :D

pirate4state
07-14-2005, 01:12 PM
she's a tornado alright!:D Actually, if there is a Hurricane Rita later in the season...the name alone will send me packin!;) :D i'm sooooo offended!! :rolleyes:

LMAO!!! :clap:

pirate4state
07-14-2005, 01:13 PM
Originally posted by Gobbla2001
I don't want anyone getting killed, and I do not want anyone having their houses etc... destroyed... but this is really exciting for me... I love bad weather...

I will board up my windows and write in big letters 'Welcome to Texas, Emily, you @#$@#$ 2#$@#$@#4 2#$@#$2 #$@#$'
;) I feel the same way. :) I love being out there boarding up windows and deciding on whether to "weather the storm" or "haul a$$ out of town". :D

pirate4state
07-14-2005, 01:14 PM
You sound like you have the makings of being a tornado chaser... frightening, yet exciting. :eek: ;) :thinking: How'd you guess? I love watching Storm Stories! :D

AP Panther Fan
07-14-2005, 01:16 PM
I feel the same way. :) I love being out there boarding up windows and deciding on whether to "weather the storm" or "haul a$$ out of town". :D

You guys are crazy :nerd: I will be sure to honk in Sinton as I am hauling my a$$ outta here!:D

pirate4state
07-14-2005, 01:17 PM
You guys are crazy :nerd: I will be sure to honk in Sinton as I am hauling my a$$ outta here!:D I'll be out there with a sign that says, "Look out Sherri, Emily's right behind ya ya!" :D ;) :D

Old Tiger
07-14-2005, 01:19 PM
I dated a girl named Emily once boys was she a.....nvm :D

AP Panther Fan
07-14-2005, 01:20 PM
I'll be out there with a sign that says, "Look out Sherri, Emily's right behind ya ya!" :D ;) :D

ROFLMAO....when I see the sign, I will be sure to give you the ol' 1 finger salute!:evillaugh :evillaugh :evillaugh

pirate4state
07-14-2005, 01:21 PM
ROFLMAO....when I see the sign, I will be sure to give you the ol' 1 finger salute!:evillaugh :evillaugh :evillaugh Great! :mad: Now I have blue coconut syrup all over my screen!!! :clap:

GUNHO
07-14-2005, 01:26 PM
Last I heard on the weather channel last night was that there was going to be high pressure in the gulf that would keep it away from the U.S. coast.Everyone seems to be saying it's going to hit Texas.Did I miss something?:confused:

District303aPastPlayer
07-14-2005, 01:26 PM
I thought this thread was about the song by From First To Last...

but yeah... i am going to BBQ if it hits... ill be in my garage... if you want to hang out... lemme know :)

AP Panther Fan
07-14-2005, 01:30 PM
Great! :mad: Now I have blue coconut syrup all over my screen!!! :clap:

Well, I just snorted OUT LOUD...so we're even!:mad: :tongue: :evillaugh

District303aPastPlayer
07-14-2005, 01:34 PM
its amazing that you two admit to that... even though, i probably would have snorted while laughing after i spit out my raspa

pirate4state
07-14-2005, 01:39 PM
Well, I just snorted OUT LOUD...so we're even!:mad: :tongue: :evillaugh I'm glad I didn't snort, that blue coconut syprup would have hurt. :doh: :D

AP Panther Fan
07-14-2005, 01:42 PM
Originally posted by District303aPastPlayer
its amazing that you two admit to that... even though, i probably would have snorted while laughing after i spit out my raspa

what the heck is a raspa? and now that I am thinking of it, what contains blue coconut syrup??? a sno-cone? do you eat sno-cones at work?:evillaugh

pirate4state
07-14-2005, 01:42 PM
Originally posted by GUNHO
Last I heard on the weather channel last night was that there was going to be high pressure in the gulf that would keep it away from the U.S. coast.Everyone seems to be saying it's going to hit Texas.Did I miss something?:confused: I don't no nothin' 'bout any high pressure in the gulf :nerd: but here is the latest projected eye path. We may not be hit directly, but we should get some rain.

pirate4state
07-14-2005, 01:43 PM
what the heck is a raspa? and now that I am thinking of it, what contains blue coconut syrup??? a sno-cone? do you eat sno-cones at work?:evillaugh A raspa is tex-mex for sno-cone and yes, I'm eating a sno-cone at work. You got a problem with that? :mad: :p :D

lostaussie
07-14-2005, 01:43 PM
Originally posted by GUNHO
Last I heard on the weather channel last night was that there was going to be high pressure in the gulf that would keep it away from the U.S. coast.Everyone seems to be saying it's going to hit Texas.Did I miss something?:confused: go west young man, go west!!!!!

AP Panther Fan
07-14-2005, 01:49 PM
A raspa is tex-mex for sno-cone and yes, I'm eating a sno-cone at work. You got a problem with that? :mad: :p :D

who me....you talkin' to me?:D

nah, if I can sit here and eat free (customer give-away) dum-dums, you can have a RASPA, but blue coconut???? yuck!:p

District303aPastPlayer
07-14-2005, 01:51 PM

nah, if I can sit here and eat free (customer give-away) dum-dums, you can have a RASPA, but blue coconut???? yuck!:p

i prefer banana

SPF25
07-14-2005, 01:52 PM
Personally at this point I could care less what flavor cause its just to dang hot to care.

District303aPastPlayer
07-14-2005, 01:53 PM
Originally posted by SPF25
Personally at this point I could care less what flavor cause its just to dang hot to care.

so long as its Shaved Hawaiian Style and not Crushed like you can get at Ybarras...

AP Panther Fan
07-14-2005, 01:55 PM
Originally posted by SPF25

you're right, but I am a fan of cherry myself...;)

We're Back
07-14-2005, 01:55 PM
I thought this thread was about the song by From First To Last...

but yeah... i am going to BBQ if it hits... ill be in my garage... if you want to hang out... lemme know :)

ill ride it out with you. I went TO rockport to watch Claudette come in :D

pirate4state
07-14-2005, 01:56 PM

nah, if I can sit here and eat free (customer give-away) dum-dums, you can have a RASPA, but blue coconut???? yuck!:p :tongue:

I LOVE blue coconut!!! :inlove: I don't like cherry -- YUCK!! :p

pirate4state
07-14-2005, 01:57 PM
so long as its Shaved Hawaiian Style and not Crushed like you can get at Ybarras... not shaved :( but it works on a hot day like today...cause you know i'm just slaving away in this office. :rolleyes: ;)

:evillaugh

pirate4state
07-14-2005, 01:58 PM
Originally posted by We're Back
ill ride it out with you. I went TO rockport to watch Claudette come in :D careful QB you'd be coming to Sinton before scheduled!! :evil: :evil: :evillaugh :evillaugh :wave: :smoker:

GUNHO
07-14-2005, 01:59 PM
I don't no nothin' 'bout any high pressure in the gulf :nerd: but here is the latest projected eye path. We may not be hit directly, but we should get some rain.

The track I just saw on the weather channel shows the curve downward and the top of the track below Texas.Just goes to show ya how hard it is to predict these thing.

We're Back
07-14-2005, 02:08 PM
careful QB you'd be coming to Sinton before scheduled!! :evil: :evil: :evillaugh :evillaugh :wave: :smoker:

oh i will, you know me, i would NEVER do anything dumb like that :D

44INAROW
07-14-2005, 02:09 PM
Well, I just snorted OUT LOUD...so we're even!:mad: :tongue: :evillaugh

not to change the subject, but the other day I was watching a talk show and Nicole Kidman was being interviewed and she laughed and then snorted really loud.. it was pretty funny:D

44INAROW
07-14-2005, 02:11 PM
:tongue:

I LOVE blue coconut!!! :inlove: I don't like cherry -- YUCK!! :p

Grape is my Favorite :)

sicem74
07-14-2005, 02:13 PM
i hope emmily dont mess up stuff

LH Panther Mom
07-14-2005, 02:16 PM

Riiiggghhhhttttt! :rolleyes: :p

AP Panther Fan
Originally posted by 44INAROW
not to change the subject, but the other day I was watching a talk show and Nicole Kidman was being interviewed and she laughed and then snorted really loud.. it was pretty funny:D

http://users.pandora.be/eforum/emoticons4u/crazy/069.gif

(now how cute is this toothless smiley? reminds me of people I know...)

Phil C
Hey our little league girls (10 - 12 years old) advanced to the New Braunfels tournament starting Sunday so those that are leaving the area can go there and catch some softball. Hopefully they will get to play through Wednesday. It would be nice that they could be safe away from Emily is it comes here. The only thing is that one time people fled here and went to San Antonio and got in even worse danger from some tornadoes.

District303aPastPlayer
http://users.pandora.be/eforum/emoticons4u/crazy/069.gif

(now how cute is this toothless smiley? reminds me of people I know...)

i think i know those from rockport you speak of :P

44INAROW
07-14-2005, 02:21 PM

hhmmmm nevermind, I better leave well enough alone :D :D :D :D

AP Panther Fan
07-14-2005, 02:21 PM
i think i know those from rockport you speak of :P

he hee....how bout this one http://users.pandora.be/eforum/emoticons4u/fingers/fing04.gif

District303aPastPlayer
07-14-2005, 02:22 PM
hhmmmm nevermind, I better leave well enough alone :D :D :D :D

atta way to SLIDE out of that one :p

District303aPastPlayer
07-14-2005, 02:22 PM
he hee....how bout this one http://users.pandora.be/eforum/emoticons4u/fingers/fing04.gif

have you seen me at work lately or something?

pirate4state
07-14-2005, 03:46 PM
http://users.pandora.be/eforum/emoticons4u/fingers/fing04.gif I like this one! :thumbsup:

Maroon87
07-14-2005, 03:50 PM
Emily is now Category 3. On a related note, it's freaking pouring here!

pirate44
07-14-2005, 03:54 PM
Originally posted by Maroon87
Emily is now Category 3. On a related note, it's freaking pouring here!
where is "here"? i hope in the sinton/calallen area

Maroon87
07-14-2005, 03:56 PM
where is "here"? i hope in the sinton/calallen area

Nope...Houston.

Old Tiger
07-14-2005, 03:56 PM
It's raining in Rockdale also

pirate44
07-14-2005, 03:57 PM
Nope...Houston.
dang. my poor lawn:(

Old Tiger
07-14-2005, 04:01 PM
This rain will make the 7on7 tourney real fun!

pirate4state
07-14-2005, 04:08 PM
dang. my poor lawn:( :( next week we'll be praying for it to quit raining. ;)

pirate4state
07-14-2005, 04:08 PM
Emily is now Category 3. :cool:

Gas up the car APPF!!! :D

AP Panther Fan
07-14-2005, 04:40 PM
:cool:

Gas up the car APPF!!! :D

Consider it done! ;)

Better go buy some canned goods and candles for the hubby!:cool:

One good thing...I am leaving Sunday for Austin to take my son to the UT Camp and will be long gone before it gets here. I just hate fighting that "evacuation" traffic!:D

pirate4state
07-14-2005, 04:49 PM
Consider it done! ;)

Better go buy some canned goods and candles for the hubby!:cool:

One good thing...I am leaving Sunday for Austin to take my son to the UT Camp and will be long gone before it gets here. I just hate fighting that "evacuation" traffic!:D :D how long will you be gone? :thinking:

AP Panther Fan
07-14-2005, 04:59 PM
:D how long will you be gone? :thinking:

all week:thumbsup:

The camp starts Monday - Thursday and then I want to go float the river over the weekend (unless it is flooding and we are having tornados in New Braunfels). You know....THAT would be my luck! :(

Bulldog92
07-14-2005, 07:59 PM
i know these storms are very dangerous for you folks on the coast. on the other hand, they are extremely fascinating to me. everytime one hits the u.s. coast i am glued to the weather channel. maybe some of ya'll will get to meet that idiot jim cantore. Hey...I'm a lot like you, but maybe worse. I was watching a feed of a TV station from Mobile, Alabama on the net for most of last weekend. It was fun to me. The one I remember best was Alicia in '83, but I'm sure glad Gilbert missed us in '88. We shut down the schools on a Wednesday and had to play our varsity game in Huntsville on a Thursday night because the landfall was expected near Galveston on Friday. The wind speeds were 160mph (with gusts near 190, I think). If that would have happened Jasper would have been hit with at least 100mph winds. That was scary, but very cool...:)

lostaussie
07-14-2005, 08:10 PM
yea, these storms are dangerous, but man are they cool. maybe it will hit in the outback of mexico and all of texas will get some much needed, prolonged rain. i got about an inch today and it came in about 12 minutes.

Bulldog92
07-14-2005, 08:15 PM
yea, these storms are dangerous, but man are they cool. maybe it will hit in the outback of mexico and all of texas will get some much needed, prolonged rain. i got about an inch today and it came in about 12 minutes. Nice. We could actually use some rain up here in Seattle, but you can't beat 80 degrees without a cloud in the sky and the sun up til almost 10. I like Cantore, but he's the last guy I'd wanna see this time of year. ;)

lostaussie
07-14-2005, 08:18 PM
I think cantore gets his jollys when he gets to go to a hurricane. its like the bigger the better.

Bulldog92
07-14-2005, 08:26 PM
I think cantore gets his jollys when he gets to go to a hurricane. its like the bigger the better. That's what makes it fun, though. I wish I had cajones like that. He's fearless (and completely nuts). :)

lostaussie
07-14-2005, 08:33 PM
10-4 on the completely nuts!!!!!!!!

spiveyrat
07-14-2005, 08:51 PM
Originally posted by Bulldog92
If that would have happened Jasper would have been hit with at least 100mph winds. That was scary, but very cool...:)

We had some 100 mph winds out of a thunderstorm near here a couple of Sundays back. It really mangled a marina and some boats at one of the local lakes. We get 70 mph winds out of thunderstorms here regularly. 100 is the most I've seen, though! :eek:

Bulldog92
07-15-2005, 01:09 AM
We had some 100 mph winds out of a thunderstorm near here a couple of Sundays back. It really mangled a marina and some boats at one of the local lakes. We get 70 mph winds out of thunderstorms here regularly. 100 is the most I've seen, though! :eek: That's crazy. Have you seen any tornadoes out there? I just checked the 2am EST advisory from the National Hurricane Center and Emily is now a category 4 with 135 mph winds and getting stronger. Anyone in South Texas should be getting ready because this one's moving too fast to be affected much by the Yucatan Peninsula and it will be an all-timer by the time it gets where it's going. Mark my words...:(

AggieJohn
07-15-2005, 02:26 AM
http://sirocco.accuweather.com/sat_mosaic_640x480_public/IR/isahatl.gif

pirate44
07-15-2005, 06:13 AM
i dont think we'll get it, but if she comes, i wanna get it over with. i dont mind so much the boarding the windows, but i dont want to have to take my basketball goal and TV antenna down. :(

Old Green
07-15-2005, 08:26 AM
latest prediction on Emily is that it will hit in the Northern Mexico and Brownsville area.

pirate4state
07-15-2005, 08:35 AM
Originally posted by Old Green
latest prediction on Emily is that it will hit in the Northern Mexico and Brownsville area. which means we may get some rain in Sinton.

pirate4state
07-15-2005, 08:40 AM
all week:thumbsup:

The camp starts Monday - Thursday and then I want to go float the river over the weekend (unless it is flooding and we are having tornados in New Braunfels). You know....THAT would be my luck! :(

You just might luck out. ;) Have fun on the river (if you get to go) and I hope there are no tornados. :eek:

Have a safe trip!

Phil C
07-15-2005, 11:02 AM
Hey AP maybe you could work in some softball time up there. Our girls are playing in a tournament there.

SPF25
07-15-2005, 12:25 PM
Originally posted by Phil C
Hey AP maybe you could work in some softball time up there. Our girls are playing in a tournament there.

Phil C you are definetly on top of the softball info. :thumbsup:

AP Panther Fan
07-15-2005, 12:31 PM

LOL....with the recent events my plans have changed somewhat. I did some serious soul searching last night and decided to skip the baseball camp. If this thing is headed our way, I need to secure our house before I haul butt to Austin. Guess I just couldn't resist the temptation of that "evacuation" traffic.:rolleyes:

If it comes into Texas or Northern Mexico for that matter, I would guess the chances for bad weather in Austin will be fairly high. Don't think I want to blow the money on the camp when we seem to have much more important things to worry about.;)

pirate4state
07-15-2005, 01:09 PM
LOL....with the recent events my plans have changed somewhat. I did some serious soul searching last night and decided to skip the baseball camp. If this thing is headed our way, I need to secure our house before I haul butt to Austin. Guess I just couldn't resist the temptation of that "evacuation" traffic.:rolleyes:

If it comes into Texas or Northern Mexico for that matter, I would guess the chances for bad weather in Austin will be fairly high. Don't think I want to blow the money on the camp when we seem to have much more important things to worry about.;)

I know what you mean. I forget (in my nervous excitment) that I am now an adult and have to "secure" the homestead and not just "help out". Thank goodness I'm already on a first name basis with all the Home Depot people!! :D

Astrosdawg07
07-15-2005, 02:40 PM
http://maps.wunderground.com/data/images/at200505_model.gif

District303aPastPlayer
07-15-2005, 02:47 PM
i dont like that green path

Phil C
07-15-2005, 02:48 PM
Some of the Sinton all star girls are by the diamond shamrock. I think they are having a car wash or something. Even if you don't need anything everyone in Sinton that can please stop by and help them financially even if it is just $1.00.

Phil C
07-15-2005, 02:49 PM
I went by HEB and brought some water and canned goods to last a few days in case of trouble. My wife thought I went overboard but it is best to be a little out of pocket than be sorry.

pirate4state
07-15-2005, 02:50 PM
Some of the Sinton all star girls are by the diamond shamrock. I think they are having a car wash or something. Even if you don't need anything everyone in Sinton that can please stop by and help them financially even if it is just $1.00. :eek: A car wash! :D With all these clouds?? I'll stop by and give them some $$. :)

pirate44
07-15-2005, 02:50 PM
everybody in south texas, i say we all meet up in temple or waco and have a beer. hurricane meet n greet

pirate4state
07-15-2005, 02:52 PM
I went by HEB and brought some water and canned goods to last a few days in case of trouble. My wife thought I went overboard but it is best to be a little out of pocket than be sorry. better safe than sorry. i gotta fill go fill up too!! :eek:

Phil C
07-15-2005, 02:52 PM
:eek: A car wash! :D With all these clouds?? I'll stop by and give them some $$. :)

Me too! :)

44INAROW
07-15-2005, 03:44 PM
I got this FAX from most of the insurance companies I write with about 15 mins ago
"Effective Immediately, binding authority is suspended for new business, or increased coverage. You will be notified when the binding authority is resumed"

Gobbla2001
07-15-2005, 08:02 PM
44INAROW - Can we have a hurricane party at your house?

I'll bring my own beer???

44INAROW
07-15-2005, 08:08 PM
44INAROW - Can we have a hurricane party at your house?

I'll bring my own beer???

Sure - in fact, I think Mr44inarow is getting an early start :rolleyes: :doh: :D
he rushed and got the yard all mowed, weed-eated and edged.. he thought the storm was supposed to hit land on Sunday.. now he finds out early WEds lol.. he might have to mow again before that :D

Gobbla2001
07-15-2005, 08:09 PM
haha, me too... but we may have to have it 'after' the hurricane, dang expenses are running low here...;)

44INAROW
07-15-2005, 08:13 PM
If we do by some chance lose power/electricity - we'll be having one big a$$ fish and shrimp fry at my house.. too much invested in all that to let it go to waste :) :(

Gobbla2001
07-15-2005, 08:15 PM
If we do by some chance lose power/electricity - we'll be having one big a$$ fish and shrimp fry at my house.. too much invested in all that to let it go to waste :) :(

Well, I should be catching some fish this weekend, I'll just bring 'em over, and most-likely if it hits, they'll close the plant down so I won't be working...

of course, they won't be cleaned yet ;)

44INAROW
07-15-2005, 08:56 PM
Well, I should be catching some fish this weekend, I'll just bring 'em over, and most-likely if it hits, they'll close the plant down so I won't be working...

of course, they won't be cleaned yet ;)

That's why I have a 17 yr old around for...... I am sure 44Jr and We're Back could clean them :D

Gobbla2001
07-15-2005, 08:58 PM
That's why I have a 17 yr old around for...... I am sure 44Jr and We're Back could clean them :D

AWESOME... I'm planning on one red over 28 inches (only one allowed) abd 4 over 20... and maybe a couple of keeper trout...:devil:

lostaussie
07-15-2005, 10:09 PM

of course, they won't be cleaned yet ;) they should bite well, just before the storm arrives.

AP Panther Fan
07-15-2005, 11:16 PM
.. maybe some of ya'll will get to meet that idiot jim cantore.

OMG...I just watched storm stories and he turns the collar up on his polo's.....:eek: :eek: :eek:

AggieJohn
07-16-2005, 12:01 AM
http://sirocco.accuweather.com/iwxpage/adc/popup/iws2.jpg

AggieJohn
07-16-2005, 12:05 AM

kepdawg
07-16-2005, 11:05 PM
http://www.nhc.noaa.gov/storm_graphics/AT05/refresh/AL0505P_sm2+gif/034424P_sm.gif

pirate4state
07-18-2005, 04:09 PM
http://sirocco.accuweather.com/adc_hurr_images/2005/ae/UHAE_1.GIF

Too soon to call?? :thinking: