PDA

View Full Version : Tour de France - Stage 12

Phil C
07-14-2005, 08:59 AM
Mouncoutie is the leader of the escapees. Most of them are not serious Lance contenders so Lance will probably be satisfied to stay in the pack. There are only about 17 more miles left. We will see. There is still lots of racing left but consider that after today they will be finished with 12 stages the end is starting to come into sight.

Phil C
07-14-2005, 09:03 AM
The peloton is lead by the Discovery Channel (which includes Lance) so Lance is probably satisfied to stay there since that is where his serious contenders are.

Phil C
07-14-2005, 09:10 AM
Moncoutie is about six miles from the finish but there is another group that is only 30 seconds behind him. The peloton is not challenging because as I have said none of the escapees are contenders. In fact most of them are names that I haven't heard of.

Phil C
07-14-2005, 09:15 AM
Moncoutie is still 28 seconds ahead of the other group with just over 3 miles left to the finish line. The peloton is satisfied to just follow so Alas there is nothing else to report.

Phil C
07-14-2005, 09:18 AM
There is nothing the chasing group can do. Moncoutie is inspried and now has a 29 second advantage over the chasing group and there is less than 2 miles to the finish line. The Frenchman is inspired and determined to win this stage. This will make the French very happy.

Phil C
07-14-2005, 09:19 AM
Man results are coming in fast. Less than half a mile to go and Moncoutie still has the lead by 32 seconds so it looks like the French will get another Bastille Day victory today.

Phil C
07-14-2005, 09:21 AM
The Frenchman and France have already started the celebration as he nears the finish line. He has ran an extraordinary race so he deserves it.

Phil C
07-14-2005, 09:24 AM
Moncoutie has come in first of course but another Frenchman Sandy Casar has come in second so the French can celebrate first and second on the national Bastille holiday.

BTEXDAD
07-14-2005, 09:33 AM
thanks for reporting, Phil.
I just signed on and was scrolling down and reading as fast as I could to follow your excellent reporting. Almost like being there.

Seriously, thanks for report! Go Lance!

Phil C
07-14-2005, 09:41 AM
You are welcome and thank you BT. McEwen has led the peloton home. Looks like there won't be any major changes among the challengers today which I am sure is just fine with Lance.

Phil C
07-14-2005, 09:43 AM
David Moncoutie the French Codis rider has given France it's first stage win this year. He won a stage last year also. What is even more remarkable is that he had to ride the stage alone for the last 30 miles. A remarkable race indeed.

pirate44
07-14-2005, 09:46 AM
all i know is that a guy with the last name of Man-Cootie must have had a terrible childhood. oh wait, its france. the country where "michelle" is a guys name. never mind then.

Phil C
07-14-2005, 09:53 AM
Lance is still in the lead but did lose a valuable teammate who crashed and had to quit the race. His name is Beltran and he was an important helper on Lance's climbing stages which start tomorrow.

Phil C
07-14-2005, 09:55 AM
Ramussen is still only 38 seconds behind Lance and will have to be watched.

Phil C
07-14-2005, 09:56 AM
The race starts to head into the Pyrenees mountains tomorrow so the next few stages are important for Lance.

Phil C
07-14-2005, 10:02 AM
The next few stages should be interesting because Lance's chief rivals should make their move. Of course they are in an area where Lance is good also. It should be interesting. Go Lance Go!!

AggieJohn
07-14-2005, 10:30 AM
wow , nice updates

Phil C
07-14-2005, 10:33 AM
Thank you Aggie John. Starting Saturday and for the next two stages after that it should be interesting when they reach the Pyrenees mountains. Man I remember when I was a kid and rode my bike everywhere around town I really disliked going uphill (of course going downhill was great!) so it really makes you appreciate the work they do going up those mountains. Whew!

AP Panther Fan
07-14-2005, 12:39 PM
Originally posted by Phil C
Thank you Aggie John. Starting Saturday and for the next two stages after that it should be interesting when they reach the Pyrenees mountains. Man I remember when I was a kid and rode my bike everywhere around town I really disliked going uphill (of course going downhill was great!) so it really makes you appreciate the work they do going up those mountains. Whew!

I believe there is an area north of Uvalde/Concan near Vanderpool and Lost Maples Park where Lance does some of his training/riding...very hilly, but also very beautiful countryside.;)

Phil C
07-14-2005, 02:27 PM
The French Winner David Moncoutie showed much class and humility today after his big win. He said he was delighted to win today on Bastille Day but added "Let's not get carried away. I won only because the big guys let me."

Much class and congratulations to a well deserving stage winner.