PDA

View Full Version : the rocket jr. to decide soon

AggieJohn
07-14-2005, 01:46 AM
DETROIT -- Koby Clemens, the oldest son of Roger Clemens, may be close to signing with the Houston Astros, the elder Clemens hinted on Tuesday.
"I hope to get home tomorrow or the next day and talk to [the Astros]," the Rocket said.

Koby Clemens was selected by the Astros in the eighth round of the First-Year Player Draft and now must decide if he wants to begin his professional career with Houston or play for the national champion Texas Longhorns, with whom he signed a letter of intent in November.

"His thoughts are leaning toward signing right now," Roger Clemens said. "He's gone back and forth a little bit. I'm behind him either way, whatever he chooses to do."

Clemens indicated a decision could arrive as early as Thursday or as late as next week. An announcement could come during the Roger Clemens Award dinner, which takes place Thursday at the Marriott Westchase in Houston. Now in its second year, the award goes to the top pitcher in college baseball.

"I'm hoping he's going to make his decision and that it will all come together by then," Clemens said.

Old Tiger
07-14-2005, 02:16 AM
I was hopin he would go play at UT for a couple of years but good luck to him w/ the 'stros

fairfield_06
07-14-2005, 02:44 AM
I hope he goes to UT. It is not like he needs the money. Plus theres not very much of that.

kepdawg
07-14-2005, 09:33 PM
He did sign with Houston and is now a Greenville (TN) Astro.

Leopards,class of 75
07-14-2005, 10:07 PM
He should be fun to watch if he is anything like his father Rodger. Good luck to him as he goes to the pros.

District303aPastPlayer
07-15-2005, 12:56 AM
Originally posted by Leopards,class of 75
He should be fun to watch if he is anything like his father Rodger. Good luck to him as he goes to the pros.

doesnt he play third base?

Ranger05
07-15-2005, 12:57 AM
i believe so

kepdawg
07-15-2005, 09:10 AM
Originally posted by District303aPastPlayer
doesnt he play third base?

Yes he does although the Astros are considering moving him to catcher in the future.