PDA

View Full Version : NCAA sites So. Carolina

AggieJohn
07-14-2005, 01:28 AM
South Carolina admits to 10 NCAA violations, five major

By PETE IACOBELLI, AP Sports Writer
July 13, 2005
COLUMBIA, S.C. (AP) -- South Carolina admitted to 10 NCAA violations committed under former football coach Lou Holtz in a report released Wednesday.

Five of the violations were classified as major.

The report was prepared jointly by the NCAA enforcement staff and the university and has been forwarded to the NCAA's Committee on Infractions, which can accept, reject or modify the proposed penalties.

ADVERTISEMENT

The school found violations occurred when prospective student-athletes were given impermissible tutoring sessions and offseason workouts from 1999-2002.

South Carolina was also found to have a lack of institutional control.

The school proposed two years of probation, a reduction from 56 to 50 paid campus visits for football recruits this year and next; and a loss of two football scholarships for the 2006-07 and 2007-08 academic years.

School officials said Tom Perry, former senior associate athletic director for academic support services, and Pat Moorer, former strength and conditioning coach, are no longer with the school.

Holtz retired at the end of last season and was replaced by Steve Spurrier

fairfield_06
07-14-2005, 04:07 AM
Wouldnt expect that out of a Lou Holtz run program but I guess I was wrong. I wonder if this is causing Spurrier to have second thoughts.

RdaleBoi08
07-14-2005, 10:19 AM
That's Sad..Why Do College's Do That?

AggieJohn
07-14-2005, 10:27 AM
i wonder if it's part of spurriers plan t make the gamecocks look like they won't be good for the next few years so that he has time to build a power house