PDA

View Full Version : SPOILER: ESPY Award Winners For 2005

ILS1
07-13-2005, 09:39 PM
The ESPY Award Show will be shown Sunday July 17th. Don't read any futher if you don't wanna know who won yet!!
LOS ANGELES -- Winners at the 13th annual ESPY Awards presented Wednesday:

Male Athlete: Lance Armstrong

Female Athlete: Annika Sorenstam

Team: Boston Red Sox

Coach-Manager: Bill Belichick, New England Patriots

Comeback: Mark Fields, Carolina Panthers

Upset: No. 14 seed Bucknell vs. No. 3 seed Kansas in first round of men's NCAA basketball tournament

Breakthrough Athlete: Dwyane Wade

Game: American League championship series, Game 5, Yankees-Red Sox

Record-breaking Performance: Peyton Manning

Championship Performance: Curt Schilling, 3-1 in baseball playoffs

Play: Minnesota high school player Blake Hoffarber's last-second 3-pointer from flat on his back

Sports Movie: "Friday Night Lights"

Female College Athlete: Cat Osterman

Male College Athlete: Matt Leinart

Moment: Reggie Miller's final NBA game

Female Action Sports Athlete: Sofia Mulanovich, surfing

Male Action Sports Athlete: Dave Mirra, bike stunt

Female Athlete With A Disability: Erin Popovich

Male Athlete With A Disability: Marlon Shirley

Outdoors Sports Athlete: J.R. Salzman

Major League Baseball Player: Albert Pujols

NBA Player: Steve Nash

WNBA Player: Lauren Jackson

Bowler: Walter Ray Williams

Driver: Michael Schumacher

NFL Player: Peyton Manning

Golfer: Tiger Woods

Jockey: Jeremy Rose

Soccer Player: Mia Hamm

Female Tennis Player: Maria Sharapova

Male Tennis Player: Roger Federer

Female Olympic Performance: U.S. softball team

Male Olympic Performance: Michael Phelps

Undeniable Performance: Misty May and Kerri Walsh, won Olympic gold medal in beach volleyball without losing a game

Professional Grade Play: Lance Armstrong, won sixth consecutive Tour de France

Arthur Ashe Courage Award: Emmanuel Ofosu Yeboah and Jim MacLaren

ESPY Award Winners (http://sports.espn.go.com/espn/news/story?id=2107357)

cat dog horse
07-14-2005, 12:10 AM
i am so tired of lance armstrong winning male althlete of the year

AggieJohn
07-14-2005, 12:39 AM
me too, i freaking tired of everyone thinking he's such a great story

cat dog horse
07-14-2005, 12:43 AM
yeah really...i personally wanted michael phelps to win

fairfield_06
07-14-2005, 12:43 AM
I am tired of Lance Armstrong as well and have been for about 3 years.

cat dog horse
07-14-2005, 12:47 AM
wow i thought i was the only one who didnt like him and i thought people were gonna jump all over me for posting that...it feels good to know that im not the only one

Yo-Tex Dawg
07-14-2005, 12:52 AM
lance armstrong should be everyone's hero. shame on you all!

cat dog horse
07-14-2005, 12:55 AM
lol shut up...u've been with d.j. all night....that must be why u said that

kepdawg
07-14-2005, 01:02 AM
i'm tired of so many people being tired of lance.

cat dog horse
07-14-2005, 01:05 AM
shut up

Old Tiger
07-14-2005, 02:06 AM
Jerk you ruined it for me!

J/K

I don't watch that boring stuff anyway

Old Tiger
07-14-2005, 02:08 AM
Originally posted by kepdawg
i'm tired of so many people being tired of lance. lol

fairfield_06
07-14-2005, 02:46 AM
I to thought I was the only one tired of hearing about Lance Armstrong and that boring bike race.

bullfrog_alumni_02
07-14-2005, 03:05 AM
i think L.A. is a phenominal athelete and definately deserves this award. he has endured so much trauma its amazing he is still doing what he is doing. but im not gonna knock on someone who is upset because he is still male athlete of the year. but i will challenge you to be better than he is comparatively in any sport you wish to participate.

lepfan
07-14-2005, 03:23 AM
You guys should walk half of what he has walked and you might think better of him. It is easy to dog someone from your easy chair...:p He should be an inspiration for many! That man is the poster child for perseverance.

spiveyrat
07-14-2005, 07:20 AM
What? No Angler of the year??? :mad:

pirate44
07-14-2005, 07:35 AM
Originally posted by spiveyrat
What? No Angler of the year??? :mad:
i was wondering when they will have a 3a texas football poster of the year ESPY.

and yeah, im rooting for Lance.

lostaussie
07-14-2005, 08:04 AM
Originally posted by spiveyrat
What? No Angler of the year??? :mad: I might be worthy of that!!!!!

Pmoney
07-14-2005, 10:11 AM
Originally posted by ILS1
Play: Minnesota high school player Blake Hoffarber's last-second 3-pointer from flat on his back
That was the right pick....it was a beaut:clap:

Bandera YaYa
07-14-2005, 10:19 AM
Originally posted by lepfan
That man is the poster child for perseverance. ...not to mention, one for leaving your wife who stood by you through that perserverance.....way to go Lance!!!!!! :tongue: :tongue:

Sorry jill, but i am sick to death of his idol status ..........HE should be ashamed of himself.....but of course someone as self centered as he is, that's not gonna ever happen......... :hand:

spiveyrat
07-14-2005, 12:02 PM
Originally posted by Bandera YaYa
...not to mention, one for leaving your wife who stood by you through that perserverance.....way to go Lance!!!!!! :tongue: :tongue:

[COLOR=deeppink]COLOR] :hand:

That's when he "fell from grace" in my book too.

rockdale80
07-14-2005, 01:13 PM
...not to mention, one for leaving your wife who stood by you through that perserverance.....way to go Lance!!!!!! :tongue: :tongue:

Sorry jill, but i am sick to death of his idol status ..........HE should be ashamed of himself.....but of course someone as self centered as he is, that's not gonna ever happen......... :hand:

I am so tired of everyone on here bashing the guy because him and his wife seperated. Does anyone know why they split up? I will be honest and say that I don't. Noone other than him and his ex wife know the whole story. But from reading this article it sounds more mutual than anything.

The following is an part of an article on espn.com.

Armstrong, also a victor over testicular cancer, met his wife in January 1997, just weeks after he had completed intense chemotherapy to treat an advanced stage of the disease. The two started dating in June 1997 and were married 11 months later. Because Lance's cancer treatments could have made him sterile, he had banked his sperm before his chemotherapy.

"The kids are our first priority,'' said the cyclist. "We're also going to be respectful of each other. Neither of us wants to get in the situation where when we drop off the kids, we can't look at each other.''

Kristin Armstrong earlier said several events related to her husband's celebrity and cancer comeback had strained the marriage. The Armstrongs' announcement came on the same day the U.S. House of Representatives unanimously congratulated him on his latest Tour victory.

We both have (legal) representation, and we're doing this peacefully,'' the cyclist said Wednesday. "The craziest thing is, we're closer now and better friends than ever before. We're truly committed to maintaining a good relationship, but not a marriage.''

Old Tiger
07-14-2005, 01:17 PM
Originally posted by rockdale80
I am so tired of everyone on here bashing the guy because him and his wife seperated. Does anyone know why they split up? I will be honest and say that I don't. Noone other than him and his ex wife know the whole story. But from reading this article it sounds more mutual than anything.

The following is an part of an article on espn.com.

Armstrong, also a victor over testicular cancer, met his wife in January 1997, just weeks after he had completed intense chemotherapy to treat an advanced stage of the disease. The two started dating in June 1997 and were married 11 months later. Because Lance's cancer treatments could have made him sterile, he had banked his sperm before his chemotherapy.

"The kids are our first priority,'' said the cyclist. "We're also going to be respectful of each other. Neither of us wants to get in the situation where when we drop off the kids, we can't look at each other.''

Kristin Armstrong earlier said several events related to her husband's celebrity and cancer comeback had strained the marriage. The Armstrongs' announcement came on the same day the U.S. House of Representatives unanimously congratulated him on his latest Tour victory.

We both have (legal) representation, and we're doing this peacefully,'' the cyclist said Wednesday. "The craziest thing is, we're closer now and better friends than ever before. We're truly committed to maintaining a good relationship, but not a marriage.'' I think he got a big head truthfully

rockdale80
07-14-2005, 01:35 PM
I was talking about people not liking him because of his situation with his ex wife...

Bandera YaYa
07-14-2005, 02:12 PM
I was talking about people not liking him because of his situation with his ex wife... Well, you just keep him up there on that pedestal if you want.....to each his own.....I tend to lean towards what a man is made up of, instead of how many ribbons or trophys he has in his house.....but that's just me.......

rockdale80
07-14-2005, 02:29 PM
Well, you just keep him up there on that pedestal if you want.....to each his own.....I tend to lean towards what a man is made up of, instead of how many ribbons or trophys he has in his house.....but that's just me.......

So because him and his wife had problems he is a terrible person? Him divorcing his wife makes him a horrible person? I have never said I like the guy. He is awesome at his sport, and I am proud that he brings the gold back to America, but I dont know the guy. I was just saying, I nor any of you on this board know what went on with him and his ex wife. Him being an athelete doesnt matter to me. You just judge because you assume you know what happened between them. How does anyone know she didnt kick him out?

fairfield_06
07-14-2005, 02:33 PM
Oh come on Rockdale 80.

rockdale80
07-14-2005, 02:34 PM
Originally posted by fairfield_06
Oh come on Rockdale 80.

So you are saying that it is always the mans fault? I am sure she wasnt perfect.

Bandera YaYa
07-14-2005, 02:35 PM
So because him and his wife had problems he is a terrible person? Him divorcing his wife makes him a horrible person? I have never said I like the guy. He is awesome at his sport, and I am proud that he brings the gold back to America, but I dont know the guy. I was just saying, I nor any of you on this board know what went on with him and his ex wife. Him being an athelete doesnt matter to me. You just judge because you assume you know what happened between them. How does anyone know she didnt kick him out? Ha, well I hope she did!!!!! :clap: :clap:

fairfield_06
07-14-2005, 02:36 PM
lol no thats not what I am saying but don't you find it a little fun he turns up with Sheryl Crow

rockdale80
07-14-2005, 02:40 PM
lol no thats not what I am saying but don't you find it a little fun he turns up with Sheryl Crow

Lance Armstrong can move on if he wants to. Didnt know that because of the seperation he had to stay single...

Bandera YaYa
07-14-2005, 02:40 PM
lol no thats not what I am saying but don't you find it a little fun he turns up with Sheryl Crow OMG certainly you aren't suggesting he was CHEATING on his wife....well heck, I might just dislike him more than originally!!!!! :eek: :eek: :rolleyes:

District303aPastPlayer
07-14-2005, 02:42 PM
Ha, well I hope she did!!!!! :clap: :clap:

if she did, then she has every right to be criticized too.. that would make her just as low of a person, to kick out a cancer survivor... you take too much of an "i hate men" stance that you almost become a parody of yourself... its really amazing. . .

rockdale80
07-14-2005, 02:46 PM
Originally posted by District303aPastPlayer
if she did, then she has every right to be criticized too.. that would make her just as low of a person, to kick out a cancer survivor... you take too much of an "i hate men" stance that you almost become a parody of yourself... its really amazing. . .

No...everytime a marriage falls apart it is always the man....ALWAYS. A woman could never be at fault. :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

pirate4state
07-14-2005, 02:49 PM
WARNING, DANGER!!!

Bandera YaYa
07-14-2005, 03:00 PM
Originally posted by District303aPastPlayer
if she did, then she has every right to be criticized too.. that would make her just as low of a person, to kick out a cancer survivor... you take too much of an "i hate men" stance that you almost become a parody of yourself... its really amazing. . . Noooooooooo I do not hate men at all!! Thats quite funny, actually......anyways, I'm sorry if I give you that impression! Ok ok....ya'll are right, he's a saint, he survived cancer all by himself and his horrible wife who stuck with him through it all, suddenly gave him the boot.....poor, poor Lance, well, I hope Sheryl can finally bring him some happiness!! :kiss:

District303aPastPlayer
07-14-2005, 03:00 PM
Noooooooooo I do not hate men at all!! Thats quite funny, actually......anyways, I'm sorry if I give you that impression! Ok ok....ya'll are right, he's a saint, he survived cancer all by himself and his horrible wife who stuck with him through it all, suddenly gave him the boot.....poor, poor Lance, well, I hope Sheryl can finally bring him some happiness!! :kiss:
and after all that, you still bring a smile to my face :)

Bandera YaYa
07-14-2005, 03:06 PM
No...everytime a marriage falls apart it is always the man....ALWAYS. A woman could never be at fault. :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: No it is not always the man's fault...I know this to be true....it's the fault of whoever broke the wedding vows....... :(

LH Panther Mom
07-14-2005, 03:33 PM
Originally posted by pirate4state
WARNING, DANGER!!!

I agree & it's getting WAY off topic. Everyone take a deep breath.

Phil C
07-14-2005, 03:33 PM
I like to watch the Tour de France also known as Le Tour.

Bandera YaYa
07-14-2005, 03:38 PM
Originally posted by LH Panther Mom
I agree & it's getting WAY off topic. Everyone take a deep breath. Sorry!! All my fault!! I'll try to find that basket weaving thread I saw a few months back........ :cool:

fairfield_06
07-14-2005, 03:38 PM
Rockdale 80 maybe you should change your screen name to LanceArmstrongsBiggestFan lol j/k

Old Tiger
07-14-2005, 03:43 PM
She probably started acting whiney(for lack of a better term) and letting the money go to her head

pirate4state
07-14-2005, 03:45 PM
Originally posted by Tiger WR
She probably started acting whiney(for lack of a better term) and letting the money go to her head let it go...see LHPM post above. Jeez. :rolleyes:

Old Tiger
07-14-2005, 03:46 PM
Seriously I didn't...lol

rockdale80
07-14-2005, 03:58 PM
let it go...see LHPM post above. Jeez. :rolleyes:

He didnt say anything wrong.....if i missed the moderator sign under your name I apologize...:D :D :D

rockdale80
07-14-2005, 04:03 PM
Rockdale 80 maybe you should change your screen name to LanceArmstrongsBiggestFan lol j/k

:rolleyes: :rolleyes:

pirate4state
07-14-2005, 04:07 PM
He didnt say anything wrong.....if i missed the moderator sign under your name I apologize...:D :D :D No need to apologize...I'm just tired of threads being hijacked.

Old Tiger
07-14-2005, 04:12 PM
lol....i think i hijack threads often :(

pirate4state
07-14-2005, 04:25 PM
Originally posted by Tiger WR
lol....i think i hijack threads often :( well quit it! :mad:

lol :kiss:

rockdale80
07-14-2005, 04:28 PM
well quit it! :mad:

lol :kiss:

http://www.johnsonsbaby.com/images/products/sm_babyshampoo_honey.gif

no more tears

For you when threads get hijacked;)

pirate4state
07-14-2005, 04:31 PM
http://www.johnsonsbaby.com/images/products/sm_babyshampoo_honey.gif

no more tears

For you when threads get hijacked;) you too!! quit it! :D

and I'll cry about it if I want! :p

caldwellguard62
07-14-2005, 07:37 PM
I can't believe all of yall saying yall are tired of Lance Armstrong he is a great athlete he overcame cancer and to win 6 straight Tour De Frances and he is about to make it 7. I don't know what yall have against him but he is a great athlete.