PDA

View Full Version : Anbody been through the whole recuriting process..sucessfully??

Etexpirate
07-13-2005, 06:36 PM
ok.. here's my question.. If you have a college coach look at your kid play.. after they have sent emails and given you their cell phone number at a tournament to make sure they have your game times. Show up.. watch and then visits with your travel ball coach afterward. Then sends more positive emails afterward wanting to stay in touch.. How long does it usually take before they intiate a serious offer or rejection?
I know it's a vague question... But hoping for some feedback.(.as I chew my nails off..)

Gobbla2001
07-13-2005, 08:40 PM
Originally posted by Etexpirate
ok.. here's my question.. If you have a college coach look at your kid play.. after they have sent emails and given you their cell phone number at a tournament to make sure they have your game times. Show up.. watch and then visits with your travel ball coach afterward. Then sends more positive emails afterward wanting to stay in touch.. How long does it usually take before they intiate a serious offer or rejection?
I know it's a vague question... But hoping for some feedback.(.as I chew my nails off..)

that same recruiter may have 20 other kids that he does the same with... it's a tough situation for any high school athlete and his family to be in, but it happens...

They're just throwing out the bait... question is, do you bite?

I'm not by any means saying the recruiting coach does not care, just saying he's a busy person... if I were you, I'd wait and let him make the contact, but the first priority should be your child doing what they want to do...