PDA

View Full Version : Cabela's

LH Panther Mom
07-12-2005, 08:30 PM
Can one of you puhleeeeze explain to me the fascination guys have with this store? I mean, isn't it really just an higher-priced version of Academy without the sports equipment? :confused: And who in their right mind would want (or should I say what woman would allow ;) ) a camo cordless phone with 11 game-call rings. :rolleyes:

Seriously, we've gotten the Christmas catalog in the mail a few times & hubby's always ignored it saying it was expensive. But now that they've opened the store, he has to rush down there after he got off work. I just don't get it. :thinking:

HighSchool Fan
07-12-2005, 08:34 PM
did he get you any of them camo nighties :D

44INAROW
07-12-2005, 08:40 PM
My husband was all excited about going to the Grand Opening in Buda when he picks my son up at the airport on Thurs.. Had to burst his bubble - according to the circular in Sunday's paper, the opening is Friday - Is it open now? - As far as I am concerned. 15 mins tops is all a person needs to spend in any of those types of stores :rolleyes:

LH Panther Mom
07-12-2005, 08:43 PM
Apparently it is open, it's just the "sale" that starts on the 15th. :rolleyes:

lostaussie
07-12-2005, 08:49 PM
i was in the fort worth store the 2nd. day open. greatest place in texas.

gobbler grad
07-12-2005, 09:14 PM
best store for all kinds of hunting gear you will ever find, besides Bass Pro Shop... you gotta love it!!:inlove:

lostaussie
07-12-2005, 09:20 PM
i like it much better tha bass pro

44INAROW
07-12-2005, 09:33 PM
Originally posted by LH Panther Mom
Apparently it is open, it's just the "sale" that starts on the 15th. :rolleyes:

I guess I'll tell him it's open.. instead of them getting home at noon, I'll probably see them about 8 PM :rolleyes:

Matthew328
07-12-2005, 09:34 PM
LOL the ladies say they couldn't spend more than 15 minutes in that store but I wonder how long they'd spend in a dept store?? Maybe Neiman's or Macy's or Nordstrom??

LH Panther Mom
07-12-2005, 09:51 PM
Originally posted by Matthew328
Maybe Neiman's or Macy's or Nordstrom??

Probably about 15 minutes for me. ;) Only because it's $$$$$. Now Mervyn's or Penney's - WATCH OUT! :)

Gobbla2001
07-12-2005, 09:58 PM
Academy offers a lot of things that Cabela's/Bass Pro does, just not as much, no where close to the variety of Cabela's/Bass Pro...

I can can two different styles and brands of camo at Academy, about 50 different of each at Cabela's/Bass Pro...

I have about 15 deer rifles and 15 shotguns to chose from at Academy... About 40 deer rifles and 40 different shotguns to chose from at Cabela's/Bass pro...

I have about 30 differ solo reels, 30 different solo rods and 30 different rod/reel combinations to chose from at Academy... but about 70+ of each at Cabela's/Bass Pro...

It's quite simple... if you want selection, go to the bigger outdoor stores... if you want to go where everybody knows your name, you still don't go to Academy...

Academy is a great store, do not get me wrong, wish there were one closer to me... but unless you're looking into picking up disc-golf or cycling, Cabela's/Bass-Pro has your stuff...

LH Panther Mom
07-12-2005, 10:05 PM
Thanks for that - it was kind of what I expected. Although, I suspect for hubby he's going because he now can. I'm a little worried about what he might come home with that he "couldn't live without". ;)

Old Tiger
07-12-2005, 10:18 PM
funny stuff

LH Panther Mom
07-12-2005, 10:24 PM
He came home with a cap. :rolleyes:

Oh, and some stuff for his tackle box. :)

Old Green
07-12-2005, 11:27 PM
Randy White Former Dallas Cowboy and the Dallas Cowboy cheerleaders will be there Saturday in Buda.

I'll be there too if you want an autograph.:devil: :D

shellman54
07-13-2005, 07:55 AM
I can can two different styles

that is very impressive!!!

CHS_Grad '85
07-13-2005, 01:49 PM
Yeah, we just had to make the trip to Buda on Sunday after the circular was in the paper... it's not all that bad... had some really cool trophy mounts in there and the aquarium was interesting... we were there for two and a half ours... had some cheesecake fudge from the 'General Store'(mmmmmm)... I'm glad we went 'cos I'd hate to be there this weekend if last weekend was any indication of what kind of crowd this place will draw...

Bandera YaYa
07-13-2005, 02:12 PM
So, like is this the only Cabela's store in TExas????....that has everyone in such an uproar???? My boss orders TONS of stuff from the catalog.....maybe I'll tell him about the store, so I don't have to spend so much time with those dang online orders of his....hmmmmmmmm :thinking:

Old Green
07-13-2005, 06:26 PM
Originally posted by Bandera YaYa
So, like is this the only Cabela's store in TExas????....that has everyone in such an uproar???? My boss orders TONS of stuff from the catalog.....maybe I'll tell him about the store, so I don't have to spend so much time with those dang online orders of his....hmmmmmmmm :thinking: There is one up in the Fort Worth area.