PDA

View Full Version : If you've seen Batman Begins......

NHSRattler60
07-12-2005, 06:51 PM
Here are some interesting ties to the comic book if you didn't already know.....

Ra's Al Gul (the badguy)- Is immortal in the comic books...and we didn't see a body.

The guy (escaped for asylum) that almost kills Racheal (katie holms) and that little girl when the town is going crazy has marks on his neck, they stand for everyone he's murdered.

Carmine Falcone was based off of a real mobster

(this one is obvious) Gotham City is based off of New York and has it's own Twin Towers.

Fact about the movie: It is Warner Brothers 5th batman movie release within the last 16 years.

I dunno if there are many comic book lovers....but this movie not only explains more that what the comic books showed but it is better than all the other Batman movies.

dutchman
07-12-2005, 08:52 PM
loved it from the beginning. can't wait to get the dvd, and to see the sequel

lobo12
07-12-2005, 10:11 PM
great movie, i loved the way they tied it in with the joker card in the end....i actually had one of my friends ask if thats what gotham city really looked like....we then explained it wasnt real and then kidding around explained that batman wasnt either

bullfrog_alumni_02
07-12-2005, 10:22 PM
Originally posted by dutchman
loved it from the beginning. can't wait to get the dvd, and to see the sequel what do you mean see the sequel?!?!?! thats where "Batman" starts, right? but i guess as soon as i can spare a few bucks ill go see this movie. i have heard nothing but good reviews about it, except the so called "bat-mobile" i heard that isnt really that intriuging(sp?)

SintonFan
07-12-2005, 11:07 PM
Best Batman movie so far.
Now bring on the Batman Beyond movie! :clap:

NHSRattler60
07-13-2005, 04:54 PM
it would be nice if they redid the whole series. WB has done all of them and owns DC comics...so maybe we'll be treated to touch ups. Arnold Schwartzenegger (spelled right?) wasn't really a good Mr. Freeze.

Plus Batman Begins contradicts EVERY batman movie. Except the 1966 Batman Movie with Lee Merriwether in it. Nothing can contradict that movie. ;)

I did see Batman Begins at The Alamo Drafthouse in Austin. If you guys get a chance to go do it. It's the best theater ever.

dutchman
07-13-2005, 05:07 PM
Originally posted by bullfrog_alumni_02
what do you mean see the sequel?!?!?! thats where "Batman" starts, right? but i guess as soon as i can spare a few bucks ill go see this movie. i have heard nothing but good reviews about it, except the so called "bat-mobile" i heard that isnt really that intriuging(sp?)

as everyone has been talking about they throw a carrot out at the end of Batman Begins. This series has a new director and new cast and a lead that can actually draw the fans back.

District303aPastPlayer
07-13-2005, 05:23 PM
Originally posted by dutchman
as everyone has been talking about they throw a carrot out at the end of Batman Begins. This series has a new director and new cast and a lead that can actually draw the fans back.

it was nicely done. . . i like how they tied in the first movie to this one movie...