PDA

View Full Version : Who got NCAA 2006 last night

injuredinmelee
07-12-2005, 10:19 AM
And what do you think of it? I found out last night in 2005 tourney that I suck , but I really dont like the graphics on 2006 at all. The players are too small and the numbers on everyones jersey are abnormally large. The Race for the Heisman mode is so-so.
Also we have the Abilene 2005 tourney winner on this board.

Adidas410s
07-12-2005, 10:39 AM
thank you thank you...

I must apologize for totally demoralizing a 12-yr old kid in the 1st round. It was 49-0 early in the 3rd when he quit and said "somebody come try and beat this guy cuz you can't!" Sad to say, after getting up 21-0 on my first 4 offensive plays in about 3 minutes I "toned it down" so as not to make him cry or anything.

As far as '06, I just got off the phone with my interview for a job in Atlanta and am about to turn it on to play. I popped it in last night when I got home about 1AM but really didn't feel like playing so I just messed with it for a minute or so

PS - I GET A FREE COPY OF MADDEN '06!!!!:D

Pmoney
07-12-2005, 10:42 AM
does it cost $50???

Adidas410s
07-12-2005, 10:51 AM
Originally posted by Pmoney
does it cost $50???

NCAA did and I am sure that Madden is the same!

injuredinmelee
07-12-2005, 11:26 AM
Originally posted by Adidas410s
thank you thank you...

I must apologize for totally demoralizing a 12-yr old kid in the 1st round. It was 49-0 early in the 3rd when he quit and said "somebody come try and beat this guy cuz you can't!" Sad to say, after getting up 21-0 on my first 4 offensive plays in about 3 minutes I "toned it down" so as not to make him cry or anything.

As far as '06, I just got off the phone with my interview for a job in Atlanta and am about to turn it on to play. I popped it in last night when I got home about 1AM but really didn't feel like playing so I just messed with it for a minute or so

PS - I GET A FREE COPY OF MADDEN '06!!!!:D

In his forst 4 passes Ad had 3 td passes. He even started running the ball so that he wouldnt run up the score. Very Sandiferisque.

Pmoney
07-12-2005, 11:28 AM
What team were you AD?

mwynn05
07-12-2005, 11:53 AM
Originally posted by injuredinmelee
And what do you think of it? I found out last night in 2005 tourney that I suck , but I really dont like the graphics on 2006 at all. The players are too small and the numbers on everyones jersey are abnormally large. The Race for the Heisman mode is so-so.
Also we have the Abilene 2005 tourney winner on this board. I like 06 WAY better than 05 (just the feel of the game and the playbooks) i can deffinatly see your complaints though and they're valid...but those things are as important to me as they might be to others..i played part of a game with unt today and corso put on scrappies head which surprised me because we arent the most well known school so i thought that was pretty cool.. I was playing on default (varsity) against prarie view a&m soit was easy but that was the point...

NOTE: i know my grammar and caps and all are horrible in this post but i wanna go play so im just typign and not paying to much attention there are losts of typos too

AggieJohn
07-12-2005, 11:58 AM
sucks it's not on gamecube

Adidas410s
07-12-2005, 12:02 PM
In '05 I used BlowU but after having played '06 for a few quarters I will likely switch back to my Longhorns. That being said, the game just totally freaked out on me in the 2nd quarter. Roderique Wright just runs right through the center before the snap (no flag until after the play) and then when the official goes to call the penalty Mack Brown gets mad and the game freezes. Kinda weird but I don't have time to reset my dynasty and start over again because of work so I will see if it does it again tonight or it was just a one-time thing. After all, my PS2 IS over 4 years old.

Ranger05
07-12-2005, 12:02 PM
Originally posted by AggieJohn
sucks it's not on gamecube I use to have a gamecube until i got sick of all the good games coming out on Ps2 and xbox so i decided to go out and buy an xbox.

Adidas410s
07-12-2005, 12:03 PM
Originally posted by AggieJohn
sucks it's not on gamecube

that's cuz gamecube sux! :D:D:D Besides its a system designed more for kids games and "under 12 recommended"

Bandera YaYa
07-12-2005, 12:07 PM
that's cuz gamecube sux! :D:D:D Besides its a system designed more for kids games and "under 12 recommended" Hmmmmmmm......HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA........what have I been saying...... :clap: :clap:

jason
07-12-2005, 12:10 PM
holmes_fans just came home from wal mart with his copy....he'll be occupied with that for a while, i guess.....

mwynn05
07-12-2005, 12:20 PM
In '05 I used BlowU but after having played '06 for a few quarters I will likely switch back to my Longhorns. That being said, the game just totally freaked out on me in the 2nd quarter. Roderique Wright just runs right through the center before the snap (no flag until after the play) and then when the official goes to call the penalty Mack Brown gets mad and the game freezes. Kinda weird but I don't have time to reset my dynasty and start over again because of work so I will see if it does it again tonight or it was just a one-time thing. After all, my PS2 IS over 4 years old. so basicly you use the best team no matter what even if they're your schools rival?

Adidas410s
07-12-2005, 12:35 PM
Originally posted by mwynn05
so basicly you use the best team no matter what even if they're your schools rival?

You play to win. That is the nature of the game...especially when there is a prize at stake. In my dynasty on '05, I actually played with Ole Miss. Again, I did all of this because UT had a terrible receiving corps last year and it did not match up well with the type of offense I run. I use a lot of play action throwing to intermediate routes combined with a power running game and while UT had Cedric last year, Vince had neither the arm or the receivers (or OL for that matter) to be successful running the play action.

Do I hate BlowU??? ABSOLUTELY!!! If they are my best chance to win a stupid PS2 tourney will I use them??? ABSOLUTELY!!!

If you don't like then come and play me with your school on '05 NCAA and I will show you why I play with Oklahoma.

Keith7
07-12-2005, 12:46 PM
I got it 3 hours before it officially came out..

man i'm awesome

fairfield_06
07-12-2005, 01:33 PM
I would never play with Oklahoma. I couldn't do that being a Texas fan my heart wouldn't allow it

mwynn05
07-12-2005, 01:37 PM
yep north texas v oklahoma real fair match up lol get online and i will play ya

Bulldog_12
07-12-2005, 09:29 PM
This is a good game. Im playing race for the hesiman right now. I dont like how they changed their controls on me. Its messing me up big time. I go to run with o on defense and I switch players. I do it every time. Ill get used to it, but overall its a great game. I like it that I can actually play with my Aggies this year. haha

JettJenkins04
07-12-2005, 09:41 PM
Have'nt got the game yet but oh so shortly. Im sure it will be good but the main event will always be Madden.:D

Adidas410s
07-12-2005, 09:44 PM
Originally posted by Bulldog_12
This is a good game. Im playing race for the hesiman right now. I dont like how they changed their controls on me. Its messing me up big time. I go to run with o on defense and I switch players. I do it every time. Ill get used to it, but overall its a great game. I like it that I can actually play with my Aggies this year. haha

You can go into the controller settings and change back to the '05 settings. It still leaves you with the hit stick as well so it helps out!

mwynn05
07-12-2005, 09:45 PM
I liked l2 better than the stick but maybe im just used to that

mwynn05
07-12-2005, 09:47 PM
Originally posted by Bulldog_12
This is a good game. Im playing race for the hesiman right now. I dont like how they changed their controls on me. Its messing me up big time. I go to run with o on defense and I switch players. I do it every time. Ill get used to it, but overall its a great game. I like it that I can actually play with my Aggies this year. haha I played a game with A&M today..against tech...it wasnt pretty..42-24 i wasnt impressed witht he a&m team it seems like they have a few really goosd players then there is a huge dropoff one thing i did like was tech played like the real tech and threw it every play

lobo12
07-12-2005, 10:06 PM
i like the fact that the red raiders are finally in the top 25 haha...anyway its ok i like 05 graphics better but overall its good...can someone tell me how to tuck the ball with the qb im prolly just missing it in the instructions

cat dog horse
07-12-2005, 11:29 PM
Originally posted by lobo12
i like the fact that the red raiders are finally in the top 25 haha...anyway its ok i like 05 graphics better but overall its good...can someone tell me how to tuck the ball with the qb im prolly just missing it in the instructions

after snapping the ball tap x

sahen
07-14-2005, 11:28 PM
Originally posted by lobo12

yah....u dont have to tuck it anymore...just hit x and he starts sprinting cause x is no longer an option for a receiver...

Astrosdawg07
07-15-2005, 01:19 AM
Is there anyway we can get on on-line tournament goin? I have a PS2

mwynn05
07-15-2005, 08:55 AM
i play online on ps2 and i know one other person from here that does anyone else maybe we can start aleague or something

shellman54
07-15-2005, 09:06 AM
Does anyone play with xbox?

Keith7
07-15-2005, 09:46 AM
Originally posted by mwynn05
i play online on ps2 and i know one other person from here that does anyone else maybe we can start aleague or something

i'd play with you guys if yall do start a league

mwynn05
07-15-2005, 10:00 AM
well if astro dawgs is interested i know of 4 people.......

Astrosdawg07
07-15-2005, 04:32 PM
I'm up