PDA

View Full Version : Last week of summer

coachingislife
07-12-2005, 07:54 AM
For my fellow high school football coaches, this is the last week of summer for most of us. We go back Monday morning to get ready for 2 a days and football camps for the youngsters, coaching school in San Antonio the following week, then the young men go back to work at 2 a days the next Monday. It has been a short, busy summer but I am ready to get back to work.

AggieJohn
07-12-2005, 11:53 AM
good luck

Phil C
07-12-2005, 11:57 AM
I wonder how it will be next year when schools have to wait until September start.

Bandera YaYa
07-12-2005, 12:03 PM
Originally posted by coachingislife
For my fellow high school football coaches, this is the last week of summer for most of us. We go back Monday morning to get ready for 2 a days and football camps for the youngsters, coaching school in San Antonio the following week, then the young men go back to work at 2 a days the next Monday. It has been a short, busy summer but I am ready to get back to work. Awwwwwww.....to get only 2 months off each summer......... :p :p ;)

AP Panther Fan
07-12-2005, 12:06 PM
Originally posted by Bandera YaYa
Awwwwwww.....to get only 2 months off each summer......... :p :p ;)

LOL...it is kinda hard to sympathize. :D

One thing for certain though, you have to feel sorry for the coaches once school does start and they are practicing until dark, going to games, scouting, Saturday morning films etc.....

ooohhh and don't forget those marathon track meets later in the year....(I couldn't handle it):D

Ranger05
07-12-2005, 12:08 PM
good luck

spiveyrat
07-12-2005, 12:28 PM
Originally posted by AP Panther Fan
LOL...it is kinda hard to sympathize. :D

One thing for certain though, you have to feel sorry for the coaches once school does start and they are practicing until dark, going to games, scouting, Saturday morning films etc.....

ooohhh and don't forget those marathon track meets later in the year....(I couldn't handle it):D

Yeah, they definitely put in more than their 40/week. During football season, I imagine it's more like shift work... 12 hours + per day.

Gobbla2001
07-12-2005, 12:33 PM
I remember my coaches being up at the high school all of the time, esspecially during football season...

Some would be there in the morning coaching the 7th graders etc... then they'd teach, then 4th period they'd coach, then they'd teach again, then they'd coach us during practice, then they'd stay up there atleast an hour after we were sitting at home doing homework (or in my case, posting here)...

Then Thursday and Fridays they were busy from morning till midnight with games etc... then by the time we got to the fieldhouse for Saturday practice at around 9:30, the film was already broken down into just plays, and there were already separate offensive tapes etc... so no telling how long they worked on that...

then I remember driving by the field-house on Sundays seeing the coaches' parking lot full until around 5...

coachingislife
07-12-2005, 12:46 PM
Originally posted by Gobbla2001
I remember my coaches being up at the high school all of the time, esspecially during football season...

Some would be there in the morning coaching the 7th graders etc... then they'd teach, then 4th period they'd coach, then they'd teach again, then they'd coach us during practice, then they'd stay up there atleast an hour after we were sitting at home doing homework (or in my case, posting here)...

Then Thursday and Fridays they were busy from morning till midnight with games etc... then by the time we got to the fieldhouse for Saturday practice at around 9:30, the film was already broken down into just plays, and there were already separate offensive tapes etc... so no telling how long they worked on that...

then I remember driving by the field-house on Sundays seeing the coaches' parking lot full until around 5... That is pretty much the schedule. As for 2 months off, I don't think so. Most of us are up at the weight room at least a few days a week. My 2 months are easily made up with my 90-100 hour weeks from August to November and hopefully December. Those that work only 40 hours a week could be envied, but I would not trade places for anything. There is nothing better than coaching football in Texas on Friday nights. Coaching is Life.

AP Panther Fan
07-12-2005, 12:51 PM
true, true, true....and you're right ... another thing I forgot are those God-Awful 6:00 a.m. volleyball practices.:eek:

My eyes barely open at that time. I can't imagine trying to motivate 30-40 7th and 8th grade girls at that hour... :cool:

Bandera YaYa
07-12-2005, 12:52 PM
Originally posted by coachingislife
That is pretty much the schedule. As for 2 months off, I don't think so. Most of us are up at the weight room at least a few days a week. My 2 months are easily made up with my 90-100 hour weeks from August to November and hopefully December. Those that work only 40 hours a week could be envied, but I would not trade places for anything. There is nothing better than coaching football in Texas on Friday nights. Coaching is Life. Ha....guess you didn't see my ;)
peace out!!!! :kiss:

coachingislife
07-12-2005, 12:56 PM
Originally posted by Bandera YaYa
Ha....guess you didn't see my ;)
peace out!!!! :kiss: I knew you posted in gest, just adding to my earlier post. Peace out lol