PDA

View Full Version : 4-3A... Cream of the crop in West Texas?

Black_Magic
07-11-2005, 06:53 PM
What do you think? I still think that District 4-3A is by far the toughest district in the state. Snyder returns a smothering Defense with a couple of great QBs and RBs. Sweetwater returns speed in the backfield with a strong tradition of playing solid football. Wylie Returns a good QB and will also have a great team if for no other reason other than playing with high 4a turn out in the football program and a State Championship last year. I think it is going to be the same thing this year. Sweetwater and Snyder in the Quarter Finals in DII in Region one with Wylie Playing for the Regional Championship as well... anyone disagree??? Im ducking now... LOL:clap:

Gobbla2001
07-11-2005, 08:50 PM
May be the toughest three team battle in the state, that's for sure...

I can buy toughest in the state... unless someone else presents a better argument...

Gobbla2001
07-11-2005, 09:14 PM
District 19 may not have a team in it that could beat the top 3 in 4-3A, but I will have to say that it is one of the toughest districts to play in... most teams are great teams and of equal calibar...

VWG
07-11-2005, 09:48 PM
No question it's the toughest district in Region I.
Wylie is a year in and year out playoff team, same thing with Sweetwater. Snyder has been a pleasant surprise coming out of the district, after only being in 3A for a few years now.
Throw in Merkel, which can be a stingy bunch to deal with on Friday nights and yeah, it's by far the toughest district in Region I.

Ranger Mom
07-11-2005, 10:19 PM
Originally posted by VWG
No question it's the toughest district in Region I.
Wylie is a year in and year out playoff team, same thing with Sweetwater. Snyder has been a pleasant surprise coming out of the district, after only being in 3A for a few years now.
Throw in Merkel, which can be a stingy bunch to deal with on Friday nights and yeah, it's by far the toughest district in Region I.

I agree 100%.....and I'll be darned if we don't play Abilene Wylie, Sweetwater and Snyder the first 3 games of the season!:rolleyes:

Buffalo
07-11-2005, 11:57 PM
Ranger Mom which one of the three will be the weeker one???????????

GreenMonster
07-12-2005, 01:06 AM
Originally posted by Black_Magic
What do you think? I still think that District 4-3A is by far the toughest district in the state. Snyder returns a smothering Defense with a couple of great QBs and RBs. Sweetwater returns speed in the backfield with a strong tradition of playing solid football. Wylie Returns a good QB and will also have a great team if for no other reason other than playing with high 4a turn out in the football program and a State Championship last year. I think it is going to be the same thing this year. Sweetwater and Snyder in the Quarter Finals in DII in Region one with Wylie Playing for the Regional Championship as well... anyone disagree??? Im ducking now... LOL:clap:

I have to agree, I used to think it was Dist 5 with Iowa Park, Vernon, Graham, and Childress. But Graham is so very often 1 and done in the playoffs, Vernon unpredictable, Childress dropped to 2A, and Iowa Park unable to get past the Reional Semi-Finals. Although I must admit when all 4 of those teams were in the same district it was brutal every Friday night.

pero chato
07-12-2005, 08:36 AM

No doubt this district was the one of the toughest in the state last year and could be again this year. A lot of high expectations will be on the kids. This isn't always good. The talent, the coaching and the tradition are all there. I guess we'll see how they respond.

Ranger Mom
07-12-2005, 08:41 AM
Originally posted by Buffalo
Ranger Mom which one of the three will be the weeker one???????????

I have no idea! Last year we played Snyder closer than we did the other two, but I have NO idea what this year will bring!

vet93
07-12-2005, 08:45 AM
I regards to the big 3....they are one of most formidable groups of teams in the state....things tail off quite a bit with Merkel and clyde....Hard to say if they are the strongest in the state with the bottom two diluting the strength a little. My picks are Sweetwater first, Snyder Second, Wylie third, Merkel fourth and clyde fifth. Once again this ought to be a great race to watch this year. Whoever comes out of this district the strongest might have a shot at the title. Good luck....I will be watching!!

Pmoney
07-12-2005, 10:05 AM
I also think it is the best district in the state...even though we have two teams dwindleing....We will most likely have 3 teams deep into the playoffs...so that shows that we have a great district

TheDOCTORdre
07-12-2005, 03:51 PM
Just like last year 4-3A will present a great district race, and will give us some great games to watch on Friday Nights, but we all better watch out for clyde:D

if anyone thinks I am serious about watching out for Clyde please consult your physician immediately

vet93
07-12-2005, 04:46 PM
This is not to take anything away from these teams, but I will say that west texas 3a is a little weak which helps in the first few rounds. Most of the time the panhandle schools are not as strong as the east texas or metroplex schools. District 3-3a has been pretty weak of late, but should be resurgent with Monahans and Greenwood improving over the next few years.

Bandera YaYa
07-12-2005, 04:46 PM
Originally posted by TheDOCTORdre
Just like last year 4-3A will present a great district race, and will give us some great games to watch on Friday Nights, but we all better watch out for clyde:D

if anyone thinks I am serious about watching out for Clyde please consult your physician immediately Hey dre!!! Your "Repeat' sig is kinda out of date.......he he he...... :p :p

mustang04
07-12-2005, 04:49 PM
yeah, i agree completely...4-3A is really tough, well, Sweetwater snyder and wylie are really tough, merkel is i dunno, and clyde has a mouthful of crow-pie from last season i hope all three of the big 3 go deep once again in the playoffs, showing that their tradition is there and will continue to be there

im just ready to see the kids that started last year as sophs for sweetwater, also kendal carillo who is now a sr. and played on varsity as a soph. and jr. they are looking to have a stellar offense, and the secondary should be good along w/ the linebackers, dont know too much about their linemen

wylie always comes to play, they are returning Case Keenum and crew for what might be the toughest kind of season of all, not just winning a state championship...but DEFENDING it, good luck to the bulldogs in that prospective, but i still hope that sweetwater beats them in district

snyder has been pretty salty the past few years, like they have been waiting for something to spark up their football program, last year was great w/ dee walker helping, and supposedly they have that new move-in, maybe he'll help them out a lil' too

Johnny Moxen
07-14-2005, 02:13 PM
I agree that this is one of, if not the toughest districts in the State. Usually a district has one, maybe two teams that are of this calliber. But not usually a district that offers three. It sure made for a lot of fun and intense games this past year and I am already looking forward to this year.

oh well
07-14-2005, 03:04 PM
No move in just talk from BM.

Pmoney
07-14-2005, 04:17 PM
Originally posted by oh well
No move in just talk from BM.
How would you know?

Black_Magic
07-14-2005, 07:11 PM
I hear Kinder Morgan has just hired two men and one lady from Dallas for Jobs out at the Sacrock Unit. I hear that they have sons that Play at Wilmer-Hutchins. One was a Reciever , One O lineman , and one RB.:D

Bubba-Joe
07-14-2005, 09:11 PM
My Goodness Black Magic
I guess the home grown talent in snyder just has to have some help.
or maybe the coaches in snyder lack the confidence in the kids they have been coachin and trainin for the past couple of years
All you seem to want is some move in to make snyder better.

I would think that the native snyder kids would resent you gettin on here and always talkin about MOVE INs - makes a person wonder if you have any confidence in the kids who are home grown????
I guess you are a MOVE in too ?
no real home grown snyder fan would talk as much as you do about needin MOVE INs.

panther power
07-14-2005, 09:45 PM
Very true, I guess the well is a little dry in Tiger Land.....move in's, what a way to guage your team and your community.

Even we have 2 units and we don't "recruit" kids.....lol

Buffalo
07-14-2005, 10:27 PM
You have to realize BM has a great sense of humor. He believes in Snyder kids. It just seems everyone else likes to talk about the moveins. Snyder has had 1 in 17 years that I know of. West Texas seems to have more move outs then move ins. We are all in the same boat. What he is saying is the kids in Snyder seem to be working harder then ever. Not better then anyone just harder then the season before. and harder then year before and so on. To say they have more talent it is because they work.

panther power
07-14-2005, 10:32 PM
A great applaud to their coaching staff...

Now adays it's hard to get that from kids..

Black_Magic
07-15-2005, 08:57 AM
I knew that post would get a rise out of the ones that spouted off.:clap: The fact that you actually believed that post shows how ONE move in comes in and all of a sudden we ar the recuiting capital of Texas.. Dee Walker is the only move in that I ever remember snyder getting that even played. good lord! Snyder gets one move in and now we recruit kids all the time:rolleyes: Someone please name ONE other move in snyder had that made any impact at all.... you cant because there havent been any. Bottom line is Snyder doesnt need any move ins or fantastic athletes like others aparently need or complain about not having. Snyder just will continue to build monsters out of hard working and dedicated kids. Bottom line is Snyder is good because the kids here are willing to do what kids in other places arnt. they believe in the program now more than ever before. I was told that Snyder in all 4 weeks of strenght and conditioning camp that they had an average of 52 show up every day for the two hour workouts in the varsity and JV kids.. 90%... Hard working kids. thats why Snyder is good and will be good. NOT RAW Talent. I will say that all that work Builds Studs though but I dont supose there is anything that prevents others from following suit except willingness..

mustang04
07-15-2005, 04:47 PM
I knew that post would get a rise out of the ones that spouted off.:clap: The fact that you actually believed that post shows how ONE move in comes in and all of a sudden we ar the recuiting capital of Texas.. Dee Walker is the only move in that I ever remember snyder getting that even played. good lord! Snyder gets one move in and now we recruit kids all the time:rolleyes: Someone please name ONE other move in snyder had that made any impact at all.... you cant because there havent been any. Bottom line is Snyder doesnt need any move ins or fantastic athletes like others aparently need or complain about not having. Snyder just will continue to build monsters out of hard working and dedicated kids. Bottom line is Snyder is good because the kids here are willing to do what kids in other places arnt. they believe in the program now more than ever before. I was told that Snyder in all 4 weeks of strenght and conditioning camp that they had an average of 52 show up every day for the two hour workouts in the varsity and JV kids.. 90%... Hard working kids. thats why Snyder is good and will be good. NOT RAW Talent. I will say that all that work Builds Studs though but I dont supose there is anything that prevents others from following suit except willingness..

so tragic....poor kids work their butts off and still have to live w/ themselves knowing they are snyder tigers, must be horrible:(

:D :devil:

Black_Magic
07-15-2005, 04:55 PM
what ever... LOL Playing in Texas stadium the second week of december I believe is enough to be proud of. you know what I mean??? no wait,.. you dont do you?:D Oh well

Ranger Mom
07-15-2005, 04:58 PM
Originally posted by mustang04
so tragic....poor kids work their butts off and still have to live w/ themselves knowing they are snyder tigers, must be horrible:(

:D :devil:

Awwww....now that wasn't very nice, now was it?:p

I know we both love to beat Snyder, and I was cheering for Sweetwater when yall played in Big Spring.....but I was cheering for Snyder the very next week.

vet93
07-15-2005, 05:01 PM
I leave you guys for a day or two and you are at each other's throats....can't we all just get along?:)

By the way.....I think that to go as far as Snyder went it takes some pretty good athletes along with alot of hard work.

oh well
07-15-2005, 07:00 PM
AS was Snyder when Greenwood played for it all. Thanks Ranger Mom

mustang04
07-15-2005, 07:33 PM
what ever... LOL Playing in Texas stadium the second week of december I believe is enough to be proud of. you know what I mean??? no wait,.. you dont do you?:D Oh well

and umm, i cant remember whats our record against yall??? like 60-25:D

OHHHH, and how many state championships in football have yall EVER won????? i think thats a goose-egg, just like yalls score when we played yall my senior year:D

mustang04
07-15-2005, 07:35 PM
Originally posted by oh well
AS was Snyder when Greenwood played for it all. Thanks Ranger Mom

I HATED Greenwood that year, takin us out of the playoffs, we coulda got the job done at state:D

Buffalo
07-15-2005, 10:23 PM
i WAS TORN BETWEEN WHO TO PULL FOR IN THE 1/4 FINALS. I ACTUALLY SET ON THE SWEETWATER SIDE. I WATCHED A GREAT GAME. I WANTED TO WHO EVER ONE THAT GAME TO WIN IT ALL. IT WAS A HUGE CROWD THAT DAY. KINDA MAKES YOU GET READY FOR AUG 1ST HUH

lostaussie
07-15-2005, 10:30 PM
what ever... LOL Playing in Texas stadium the second week of december I believe is enough to be proud of. you know what I mean??? no wait,.. you dont do you?:D Oh well i do. i really wanted to get in this but i'll leave it alone.

mustang04
07-16-2005, 03:05 PM
and umm, i cant remember whats our record against yall??? like 60-25:D

OHHHH, and how many state championships in football have yall EVER won????? i think thats a goose-egg, just like yalls score when we played yall my senior year:D

where are u black magic????:D :D

im pretty sure YOU personally didnt have the pleasure of playing in that game, just like i didnt, but i DID have the pleasure of beating yall my junior and senior year, ahhh was so great to know that when i played, we were just too good for snyder to handle:D :D

on another note sweetwater has been to the semis ALOT, and it was in 4A, yall finally got yalls first ever, and its 3A, congrats ( not dawging 3A cuz its just about the same as 4A almost)

Bubba-Joe
07-16-2005, 11:29 PM
Easy 04
black magic is dealing with a lot of issues
1st he is in favor of move ins
then the kids in snyder out work every body else in the world
before long he will think that he is the man that runs the show in snyder
oh wait maybe he is
no he invented high school football
no he invented high school
ya gotta give these multiple personalities room to roam

Ranger Mom
07-17-2005, 09:26 AM
I HATED Greenwood that year, takin us out of the playoffs, we coulda got the job done at state:D

LOL!! Well I guess yall should have "got the job done" that fateful day in Lubbock...huh??:inlove: :kiss: ;)

mustang04
07-17-2005, 12:19 PM
Originally posted by Ranger Mom
LOL!! Well I guess yall should have "got the job done" that fateful day in Lubbock...huh??:inlove: :kiss: ;)

yeah.....we should have...but yall did have some LUCKY plays, like when our almost entire defense was taking down dawson wilbur and like right before his knee touches he just lobs the ball up to jeremy audis who ran around and scored.....i think all of yalls touchdowns were from plays where it was like 60 yds lol

STUPID GREENWOOD:D

LH Panther Mom
07-17-2005, 12:48 PM
yeah.....we should have...but yall did have some LUCKY plays, like when our almost entire defense was taking down dawson wilbur and like right before his knee touches he just lobs the ball up to jeremy audis who ran around and scored.....i think all of yalls touchdowns were from plays where it was like 60 yds lol

STUPID GREENWOOD:D

Lucky? It sounds more like good coaching & QB-smarts to me. :D ;)

Ranger Mom
07-17-2005, 03:28 PM
Originally posted by LH Panther Mom
Lucky? It sounds more like good coaching & QB-smarts to me. :D ;)

Hehe...that game could have easily gone either way...but you have to admit Reggie....we DID beat yall twice that year...so that has to mean something!!:kiss:

mustang04
07-17-2005, 07:51 PM
well..as i recall a really bad punt snap cost us the first time, then after i became DS, we won 8 straight until we lost to yall, must be those special team skills:D

dawsonwilber#4
07-17-2005, 09:02 PM
the bottom line is that those sweetwater teams were just not as talented as Greenwood! My junior year 02' we beat them twice ( in greenwood and in lubbuck), and then the next year 03' we went to sweetwater and beat them on there homecoming!!!! Thats 3 times in a row! HAHAHAHA that will piss ya off!! BUt anyways ill drop it, i just had to put in my 2 cents.

Ranger Mom
07-18-2005, 08:27 AM
Originally posted by dawsonwilber#4
the bottom line is that those sweetwater teams were just not as talented as Greenwood! My junior year 02' we beat them twice ( in greenwood and in lubbuck), and then the next year 03' we went to sweetwater and beat them on there homecoming!!!! Thats 3 times in a row! HAHAHAHA that will piss ya off!! BUt anyways ill drop it, i just had to put in my 2 cents.

I don't know if this is really Dawson, but if it is....me and Mustang04 are just kidding around with each other, no harm done.

Buffalo
07-18-2005, 10:30 AM
04 by the way you were brought up to to deep snap after the double overtime loss to Snyder in Snyder your JR. year After you were up by 17 points. Same year Greenwood played for it all. The next year Snyder was leading at hapf time ans scored 3 times so where is the 0 you were talking about. Do not get me wrong I thought your Sr. year that defense was as good as the Greenwood Defense the year before. And it was one of the best I had seen or written about

Black_Magic
07-18-2005, 11:26 AM
where are u black magic????:D :D

im pretty sure YOU personally didnt have the pleasure of playing in that game, just like i didnt, but i DID have the pleasure of beating yall my junior and senior year, ahhh was so great to know that when i played, we were just too good for snyder to handle:D :D

on another note sweetwater has been to the semis ALOT, and it was in 4A, yall finally got yalls first ever, and its 3A, congrats ( not dawging 3A cuz its just about the same as 4A almost) As for the first part, I will Plea the 5th;) I will keep it secret . think what you want. I just have a hard time not laughing at that statement.

Im ready for this year almost like I was ready for that December game in Big Spring.

:thumbsup:

mustang04
07-18-2005, 07:18 PM
Originally posted by Buffalo
04 by the way you were brought up to to deep snap after the double overtime loss to Snyder in Snyder your JR. year After you were up by 17 points. Same year Greenwood played for it all. The next year Snyder was leading at hapf time ans scored 3 times so where is the 0 you were talking about. Do not get me wrong I thought your Sr. year that defense was as good as the Greenwood Defense the year before. And it was one of the best I had seen or written about
we didnt put a goose egg up on snyder my sr. year???

i coulda swore we did, well...anyways no biggie my mistake

by the way dawson wilbur....you sucked

Buffalo
07-18-2005, 08:29 PM
Ouch he was one of the best 3A athlete QB I have seen and a class act. He and Carrillo had some battles

Ranger Mom
07-18-2005, 09:04 PM

by the way dawson wilbur....you sucked

:eek: :eek: :eek: REGGIE!!!! I am shocked at you!!

Oh....and one more thing, it's Wilber not Wilbur!

I have to defend Dawson, I have a hard time believing he posted that. I would think he is way to busy concentrating on college ball right now to be posting on here. Either way, he is a good kid, very respectful, and one heck of an athlete.

TheDOCTORdre
07-18-2005, 09:50 PM
Must I step in an be a peacemaker? 1st of all reggie, our senior year when we played Snyder we didnt goose-egg them the score was 26-13 or 25-13, secondly greenwood did beat us 3 times in two years but its not liked they killed us each game was within a touchdown and if it wasnt for a few things those games could have gone to Sweetwater, and finally does dawson wilber suck, i dont think so but this wannabe who is typing under his name does suck,(probably some loser who didnt even play football)

mustang04
07-19-2005, 07:05 PM
OK...FIRST OF ALL...i cant believe any of u would even think about believing me when i said dawson wilber sucked, he was awesome....but by NOOOO means was comparible to mychal carrillo, but yeah dawson was really good, him and jeremy audis were a good one-two punch together

silly rabbits