PDA

View Full Version : After a year or two of lurking...

maroogreen
07-10-2005, 10:18 PM
I have decided to join the ranks of 3A Down Low. I grew up in a 3A town and live in Cuero, etc. etc. I'm a big fan of the Gobblers and know many of the players, past and present.

Grew up close to Sinton and, while I am an adult now, the hair on the back of my neck still stands up when I see that ying and yang sign. (I'd like to post a "just kidding" after that, but I'm afraid it's true...)

Just wanted to say hello and that I'm looking forward to this football season.

CHS_CG
07-10-2005, 10:20 PM
glad to have you on! to me sounds like your cuero boys are goin to do good!

Old Green
07-10-2005, 10:20 PM
Originally posted by maroogreen
I have decided to join the ranks of 3A Down Low. I grew up in a 3A town and live in Cuero, etc. etc. I'm a big fan of the Gobblers and know many of the players, past and present.

Grew up close to Sinton and, while I am an adult now, the hair on the back of my neck still stands up when I see that ying and yang sign. (I'd like to post a "just kidding" after that, but I'm afraid it's true...)

Just wanted to say hello and that I'm looking forward to this football season. Welcome to the Down Low.

maroogreen
07-10-2005, 10:23 PM
Thanks. My dad was an AD, and I think high school football is something you can never get out of your blood once it's there. I'm looking forward to a good year, too. I just hope everyone remains healthy--that seems to be our biggest problem every year.

Gobbler Fan
07-10-2005, 10:25 PM
Welcome maroogreen

AggieJohn
07-10-2005, 10:26 PM
welcome, and if you want a model of class and maturity, follow me

CHS_CG
07-10-2005, 10:29 PM
Originally posted by AggieJohn
welcome, and if you want a model of class and maturity, follow me

first word of advice..

dont listen to AJ:D

maroogreen
07-10-2005, 10:30 PM
Don't worry, CHS_CG...like I said, I've lurked for a year or two :p

CHS_CG
07-10-2005, 10:32 PM
lol.. atleast you know the most important thing then lol!

AggieJohn
07-10-2005, 10:36 PM
Originally posted by CHS_CG
first word of advice..

dont listen to AJ:D
dang bustedhttp://photos1.blogger.com/img/270/1626/320/handcuffs%20(2).jpg

gobbler84
07-10-2005, 11:05 PM
MAke yourself at home maroogreen....Welcome!

44INAROW
07-10-2005, 11:15 PM
Welcome MaroonGreen :)

District303aPastPlayer
07-10-2005, 11:33 PM
welcome home :)

LH Panther Mom
07-10-2005, 11:34 PM
Welcome to your new addiction! :)

PhiI C
07-10-2005, 11:54 PM
Welcome aboard!

District303aPastPlayer
07-10-2005, 11:55 PM
Originally posted by LH Panther Mom
Welcome to your new addiction! :)

aint that the truth... its worse than Dr Pepper

maroogreen
07-11-2005, 12:12 AM
That's pretty bad...because somedays, in times of crisis, I could kill for a Dr. Pepper.

SintonFan
07-11-2005, 12:27 AM
That's pretty bad...because somedays, in times of crisis, I could kill for a Dr. Pepper.
Only if it's a Dublin Dr. Pepper. :inlove:

"Maroo" is not a word but "green" is...:thinking:
btw I looked up "Maroog":eek: :eek: :eek:

maroogreen
07-11-2005, 01:06 AM
There's nothing like a DP made with pure cane sugar!

BTW, the maroogreen is just a play off of maroon and green. We were maroon in high school and now I'm green 'til I die.

Old Green
07-11-2005, 05:13 AM
There's nothing like a DP made with pure cane sugar!

BTW, the maroogreen is just a play off of maroon and green. We were maroon in high school and now I'm green 'til I die. CalAllen Alumni ??:) or Mathis:)

pirate4state
07-11-2005, 09:00 AM
Grew up close to Sinton and, while I am an adult now, the hair on the back of my neck still stands up when I see that ying and yang sign. (I'd like to post a "just kidding" after that, but I'm afraid it's true...) Huh? :confused: ;) :D

Welcome! :clap:

Ranger Mom
07-11-2005, 10:10 AM
Welcome to the family!;)

Phil C
07-11-2005, 10:52 AM
marron be sure to get with us at halftime at the Cuero vs Sinton football game. Old Green and some of the other Cuero friends can show you at the game.

maroogreen
07-11-2005, 02:39 PM
Mathis

Wasn't wealthy enough to live in Calallen :D

maroogreen
07-11-2005, 02:44 PM
[QUOTE]Originally posted by pirate4state
[B]Huh? :confused: ;) :D

Sinton was always our biggest rival growing up. Stole away an AD mid-year, tended to whup up on us, etc. etc. As a mature adult, ;) I respect the program Sinton has, But the "neverending S" still gets to me. I know many dear people from Sinton, but old habits die hard, I guess :)

44INAROW
07-11-2005, 02:51 PM
Mathis

Wasn't wealthy enough to live in Calallen :D

That's what happens when your parents are in the teaching profession :D

Seriously, so glad you decided to join us :cool:

maroogreen
07-11-2005, 02:54 PM
Hey, thanks. Glad to be here. Already had too much fun last night chatting. Am worried about the effect the DL is going to have on my already emergency state of sleep deprivation once work starts up again.

AP Panther Fan
07-11-2005, 02:57 PM
Welcome from another District 30-3A town...Aransas Pass!:cool:

Don't let the Sinton thing get ya...Unfortunately, AP gets their annual "butt whippins" but since I have joined the board and made so many "new" Sinton friends, it doesn't seem to bother me as much as it used to. What I have found is that we tend to support all of the schools in our district. Hopefully, you will find this to be true as well.

Welcome, welcome, welcome!:D

44INAROW
07-11-2005, 03:00 PM
Hey, thanks. Glad to be here. Already had too much fun last night chatting. Am worried about the effect the DL is going to have on my already emergency state of sleep deprivation once work starts up again.

:D :D :D wish I'd of chatted last night.. I had a good time Saturday chatting.... We watched "The Pacifier" last night - we enjoyed it :) I'm sure nothings on the tube tonight, so I'll try to make chat tonight

44INAROW
07-11-2005, 03:00 PM
Originally posted by AP Panther Fan
Welcome from another District 30-3A town...Aransas Pass!:cool:

Don't let the Sinton thing get ya...Unfortunately, AP gets their annual "butt whippins" but since I have joined the board and made so many "new" Sinton friends, it doesn't seem to bother me as much as it used to. What I have found is that we tend to support all of the schools in our district. Hopefully, you will find this to be true as well.

Welcome, welcome, welcome!:D

Well said APFan :clap: :clap:

maroogreen
07-11-2005, 03:01 PM
So I guess you could say that the DL is group therapy for the hurts of old high school rivalries. (I wonder if I can write off my internet subscription as a medical expense...:thinking: )

AP Panther Fan
07-11-2005, 03:03 PM
So I guess you could say that the DL is group therapy for the hurts of old high school rivalries. (I wonder if I can write off my internet subscription as a medical expense...:thinking: )

LOL...works for me!:D

pirate4state
07-11-2005, 04:14 PM

Originally posted by pirate4state
Huh?

Sinton was always our biggest rival growing up. Stole away an AD mid-year, tended to whup up on us, etc. etc. As a mature adult, I respect the program Sinton has, But the "neverending S" still gets to me. I know many dear people from Sinton, but old habits die hard, I guess

Gotcha! Which AD did we "steal"?? That's a real Pirate for ya!! ;) :D

Now that you're in Cuero I'm sure you'll have something to smile about (again) this year! :( As much as I love my Pirates I know that unless Cuero has an off night...it'll be a loooong night for our boys. :weeping:

BUT THEN AGAIN, THAT'S WHY THEY PLAY THE GAME!! ANYTHING CAN & WILL HAPPEN Hope to see you on Sept. 23rd!! :clap:

District303aPastPlayer
07-11-2005, 04:57 PM
they took sosa

maroogreen
07-12-2005, 05:35 PM
Actually, the guy I'm referring to is Steve Patz (I think that was his name) in 1988. He was in Mathis for less than a year before he applied for the open Sinton AD position. Yes, I do know it was his sorry self that made the big faux pas of applying for another position in his own district. But when you are young, you don't look at it that way...

Anyway, the vast majority of students/athletes in Mathis didn't know anything about it. The Sinton/Mathis district baseball game was held on the same night as the Sinton school board meeting when his hiring was announced. The Corpus TV news crews showed up at the baseball game in Mathis, sticking microphones in people's faces, asking for their reaction. People were stunned and blindsided on camera. It wasn't pretty.

On the up side...we beat Sinton in football the next fall. :D
Also, I don't think Patz lasted long in Sinton.

pirate4state
07-12-2005, 11:22 PM
Actually, the guy I'm referring to is Steve Patz (I think that was his name) in 1988. He was in Mathis for less than a year before he applied for the open Sinton AD position. Yes, I do know it was his sorry self that made the big faux pas of applying for another position in his own district. But when you are young, you don't look at it that way...

Anyway, the vast majority of students/athletes in Mathis didn't know anything about it. The Sinton/Mathis district baseball game was held on the same night as the Sinton school board meeting when his hiring was announced. The Corpus TV news crews showed up at the baseball game in Mathis, sticking microphones in people's faces, asking for their reaction. People were stunned and blindsided on camera. It wasn't pretty.

On the up side...we beat Sinton in football the next fall. :D
Also, I don't think Patz lasted long in Sinton. I do not remember this guy??? :thinking: He must not have lasted that long. ;) :D