PDA

View Full Version : Ten game stretch

shellman54
07-10-2005, 06:29 PM
The Astros have made a great run, and I am extremely proud of them, but the 10 game stretch following the All Star game will determine how the season will end up for the team. Road games at St Louis, Pittsburgh, and Washington, who has the best home record in the majors right now, will be a tough stretch for any team to go through, especially a team fighting for its playoff lives. How do you think the Astros will do on this road trip

AggieJohn
07-10-2005, 06:49 PM
they are hitting on all cylinders right now, and with their all stars going to detroit, it gets them some conditioning

Maroon87
07-10-2005, 06:52 PM
I think the Cards are so far ahead that they might be a little lazy coming off the break. Pittsburgh is sinking fast and I think the magic has worn off of the Nats somewhat. I think the break is coming at a bad time for the 'Stros with all the momentum they have but if they are as good as they appear to be then this road trip should not be a serious obstacle. We'll see...BTW how about Ensberg! If he (and the team) can keep it up he should get some
MVP consideration. I know he won't win it but it's hard to deny how important he has been to the Astros this year.

gobbler grad
07-10-2005, 07:54 PM
they are on a roll right now, getting some good pitching (Oswalt), and clutch hitting with guys in scoring position...keep it up and let's get that wild card spot...

GO ASTROS GO :clap: :clap:

sahen
07-11-2005, 12:15 AM
Originally posted by Maroon87
I think the Cards are so far ahead that they might be a little lazy coming off the break. Pittsburgh is sinking fast and I think the magic has worn off of the Nats somewhat. I think the break is coming at a bad time for the 'Stros with all the momentum they have but if they are as good as they appear to be then this road trip should not be a serious obstacle. We'll see...BTW how about Ensberg! If he (and the team) can keep it up he should get some
MVP consideration. I know he won't win it but it's hard to deny how important he has been to the Astros this year.
due to his allstar snub if he keeps on this pace he will get serious MVP consideration...no one paid attention to him and cause of that all eyes are on him now and he is producing...Astros will have to make the playoffs and he will have to keep doing what he is doing and he will get consideration...of course, if the 'stros make the playoffs then he will have to keep doing what he is doing...

fairfield_06
07-11-2005, 01:23 AM
If they take 2 of 3 from the Cards they can at least be 6-4 if not 7-3. I agree with Maroon 87 on the thing about the Nationals. Peter Gammons says the Nationals may not be for real because of the run difference is so close there only outscoring there opponents by 2 as the other day. The Astros have the pitching and Morgan Ensbergs bat there tough to bet against.