PDA

View Full Version : Wharton Tigers?

whartontigerBDC
07-10-2005, 06:23 PM
It seems as if no one expects the wharton tigers to be a good squad this year but I guess they will have to prove themselves!!!!!

Old Tiger
07-10-2005, 06:47 PM
It's better that way

j_dog
07-10-2005, 07:03 PM
They will be good. The question is whether they will be "great" enough to beat the Cuero's, Sinton's and Liberty Hill's of Region IV. Beat those guys and you will get some recognition.

gobbler84
07-10-2005, 07:08 PM
Originally posted by j_dog
They will be good. The question is whether they will be "great" enough to beat the Cuero's, Sinton's and Liberty Hill's of Region IV. Beat those guys and you will get some recognition.

I agree....But there will be big whole's to fill this up coming year. Tre Jones being the main one!

gobbler grad
07-10-2005, 07:51 PM
Originally posted by j_dog

Yes you will...:D

whartontigerBDC
07-10-2005, 10:44 PM
what about the rest of the returning tigers.And who will QB for Cuero

gobbler84
07-10-2005, 10:51 PM
Originally posted by whartontigerBDC
what about the rest of the returning tigers.And who will QB for Cuero

What are you a scout.......I guess you want to know our play book also~!~

whartontigerBDC
07-10-2005, 10:55 PM
so what do u do on the field son

gobbler84
07-10-2005, 11:03 PM
Not much last year.....But this year Ima ket it all go........Nothing but Space and Opportunity....Hopefully the hard work this summer will pay off!!!

whartontigerBDC
07-10-2005, 11:11 PM
So are you a junior or senior? Have you heard of Jamial Shelton, Charles James, Jeremy Salinas, Jason Paige, and Don Haynes

44INAROW
07-10-2005, 11:13 PM
So are you a junior or senior? Have you heard of Jamial Shelton, Charles James, Jeremy Salinas, Jason Paige, and Don Haynes

Go for it 84 - he asked for it

gobbler84
07-10-2005, 11:14 PM

Actually Ima returning letterman....Sophmore

gobblerfan02
07-11-2005, 02:00 AM
Originally posted by 44INAROW
Go for it 84 - he asked for it

I kinda chuckled how you put that so MILDLY 44! WTG!

You know anyone on our schedule would love the opportunity to find out what's happenin' (concerning football) in the great town of Cuero!:D

SHHHHHHHHHHHH, DONT LET ANY SECRETS OUT JUST YET 84!

gato 76
07-11-2005, 06:44 AM
The tigers will be good,the offense will be very good have good numbers coming back,the right people at the skill position.How good and how far they can go will be if they can play defenseand be able to stop the run.From what i have heard the DC from last year is gone,i hope that means that they will play a more aggresive type of defense more stunting & blitzing by the lb,they seem to have lots of speed on defense coming back and a few transfers who just might help them get over that i1st round hump.If they can do this i can see them beating cuero at home.

raider red 2000
07-11-2005, 08:27 AM

hey buddy,
it is usually a bad idea to ask if a certain person has been heard of.

i heard once about a pro athlete that was pulled over and he said, "dont you know who i am?" cop said nope....kinda put that athlete in his place then.

gobbler84
07-11-2005, 11:21 AM

:thinking: Nope never heard of emm.

District303aPastPlayer
07-11-2005, 11:25 AM
Originally posted by gobbler84
:thinking: Nope never heard of emm.
i aint heard of em either... should we be impressed that he can name drop people on a public forum?

gobbler84
07-11-2005, 11:26 AM
Originally posted by District303aPastPlayer
i aint heard of em either... should we be impressed that he can name drop people on a public forum?

IDK...Should we?

District303aPastPlayer
07-11-2005, 11:28 AM
Originally posted by gobbler84
IDK...Should we?

Lemme name drop then:
Daniel Ramirez
Daniel Arredondo
Ryan Ueckert
Josh Ring
Zack Collins

learn the names.
respect the talent.
fear their game :)

raider red 2000
07-11-2005, 11:28 AM
i have never seen anyone name drop and have linemen on the list.

usually the RB or the QB.....linemen????

must be friends of his/hers.

District303aPastPlayer
07-11-2005, 11:30 AM
Originally posted by raider red 2000
i have never seen anyone name drop and have linemen on the list.

usually the RB or the QB.....linemen????

must be friends of his/hers.

Last year, i could totally understand this coming from a Sinton Poster, but a Wharton poster? their last great lineman left Miami for A&M (explain that one to me)

gobblerfan02
07-11-2005, 11:34 AM
Last year, i could totally understand this coming from a Sinton Poster, but a Wharton poster? their last great lineman left Miami for A&M (explain that one to me)

NICE....way to put 'em in his place!

raider red 2000
07-11-2005, 11:35 AM
i have no idea why this person is droppin names or who it is.

wharton has had several good lineman lately, but still if you are gonna name drop....why lineman??? i dont think that Heard (now at ATM) had his name on here much.

BU97
07-11-2005, 02:31 PM

What exactly do you want explained? Or was that meant as some kind of insult?

Ranger05
07-11-2005, 02:43 PM
Originally posted by raider red 2000
i have no idea why this person is droppin names or who it is.

wharton has had several good lineman lately, but still if you are gonna name drop....why lineman??? i dont think that Heard (now at ATM) had his name on here much. Linemen are the heart and soul of the offense when the offense is doing good and clicking on all cylinders the backs and receivers get all the recoginition but if the offense is doing bad then its all the O-lines fault. So in my opinion linemen are just as important as any back or receiver

Johnny Utah
07-11-2005, 03:24 PM
Fact still remains, no matter the team or the district in question, winning a district title gets you some respect. Then once that occurs, you have to prove it in the playoffs. How many district titles has Wharton won recently, rounds they have gone in the playoffs??? You can have all the D1 talent in the world, but a State Title is better!!!! I am sure every school would agree with that.