PDA

View Full Version : 2005 3A Best Running Backs

Old Green
07-09-2005, 08:49 PM
Name who you think will be the best running backs this year.

I think the Liberty Hill duo of : Casey Kociuba and Matt Escamilla will put up some awesome stats.

Gobbla2001
07-09-2005, 08:51 PM
some scary stats as well... can't wait to see how that pans out...

bullfrog_alumni_02
07-09-2005, 08:55 PM
i nominate the kid from bridgeport, Colin Jones. he put up some strong number last year (basically by himself) and will do so again this year w/ an experienced team.

Gobbler Fan
07-09-2005, 08:59 PM
Whoever the main guy is for Cuero this season , Just give him the ball and let him loose . If Cooper is healthy enough then he is my first choice :D my second choice is Dewone Willams . The 2 from Liberty Hill are my other choices

Chris Hart
07-09-2005, 09:22 PM
Casey Kociuba RB Liberty Hill

Honorable Mention- Latreal Cooper RB Cuero

Gobbla2001
07-09-2005, 09:27 PM
Originally posted by Gobbler Fan
Whoever the main guy is for Cuero this season , Just give him the ball and let him loose . If Cooper is healthy enough then he is my first choice :D my second choice is Dewone Willams . The 2 from Liberty Hill are my other choices

I'm really glad that Dewone has gotten it together and will play again this year... he shined in game one against West OSO with that 300 yards...

Yo-Tex Dawg
07-10-2005, 12:00 AM
i think stefon hargrove should be the starting rb for cuero this year. he dominated our freshman team. if chapman or harrison plays this year then one of them will be the best.

RdaleBoi08
07-10-2005, 01:21 AM
Kortlin White...About To Be A Sophmore...Played Freshmen But Put Up Some Serious #'s!...Should Be A Good Year!

District303aPastPlayer
07-10-2005, 01:25 AM
The Liberty Hill Duo (Kociuba and Escamilla)
The Sinton Duo (Ring and Collins)
The Cuero Duo (Williams and Cooper)

pirate4state
07-10-2005, 01:39 AM
Originally posted by Old Green
Name who you think will be the best running backs this year.

I think the Liberty Hill duo of : Casey Kociuba and Matt Escamilla will put up some awesome stats. I may have to make a road trip to watch this duo. :thinking: :)

LHPM - which game should I come watch?? :D AND can you hook me up w/ some tickets??

LH Panther Mom
07-10-2005, 07:50 AM
Originally posted by pirate4state
I may have to make a road trip to watch this duo. :thinking: :)

LHPM - which game should I come watch?? :D AND can you hook me up w/ some tickets??

I'll be more than happy to hook you up with tickets. Which game will depend on whether you don't mind driving way the heck up here or if you'd like something a little closer to Sinton. Manor (9/16), Bandera (10/21) & Ingram (11/4) are the only away games that would be closer than LH.

Darn it! I need to get my DCTF out so I can check on returning guys in our district. :)

LH Panther Mom
07-10-2005, 09:50 AM
I was trying not to be a homer, but I changed my mind. Kociuba & Escamilla from Liberty Hill and I'm going out on a limb and adding the TBD fullback.

Cooper from Cuero is my non-homer pick.

Necked
07-10-2005, 12:03 PM
Watch for Columbia's Jared Flannel to have another big year. He picked up 1400 yds last season and he has all the offensive linemen (minus the center) back to block for him. And with QB Vernor-WR Fields back as well that should keep the defenses from keying too much on Flannel....

Old Tiger
07-10-2005, 02:15 PM
Originally posted by RdaleBoi08
Kortlin White...About To Be A Sophmore...Played Freshmen But Put Up Some Serious #'s!...Should Be A Good Year! LOL:clap: You've never played a down of varsity and your gonna put some hype about you lol it's cool though :rolleyes: :D :clap:

dogdad
07-10-2005, 04:15 PM
Cameron Holiness- RB Royse City

West22
07-10-2005, 05:30 PM
I DO NOT KNOW WHY LIBERTY HILL SHOULD NOT BE RANKED HIGHER.IF LIBERTY HILL COULD DEVELOPE A PASSING GAME TO COMPLIMENT THE GREAT RUNNUING BACKS I DO NOT BELIEVE ANYBODY COULD HANDLE THEM .MARLINS SUCESS COMES FROM BOTH RUNNING AND PASSING .A PURE RUNNING GAME CAN BE STOPPED IF THEY HAVE NO PASSING THREATS ,OR A PASSING TEAM CAN BE STOPPED AS DECATUR WAS LAST YEAR IN THE PLAYOFFS.

LH Panther Mom
07-10-2005, 11:51 PM
Originally posted by West22
I DO NOT KNOW WHY LIBERTY HILL SHOULD NOT BE RANKED HIGHER.IF LIBERTY HILL COULD DEVELOPE A PASSING GAME TO COMPLIMENT THE GREAT RUNNUING BACKS I DO NOT BELIEVE ANYBODY COULD HANDLE THEM .MARLINS SUCESS COMES FROM BOTH RUNNING AND PASSING .A PURE RUNNING GAME CAN BE STOPPED IF THEY HAVE NO PASSING THREATS ,OR A PASSING TEAM CAN BE STOPPED AS DECATUR WAS LAST YEAR IN THE PLAYOFFS.

The Wing-T doesn't call for a lot of passing. We can and will pass as needed, or sometimes just to throw the other team off guard. There were many folks quite surprised in the game against Jasper. ;) I believe the biggest reason for our low ranking is the loss of most of our OL and the 3-year starting QB. We will reload, though.

pirate4state
07-11-2005, 09:16 AM
Originally posted by LH Panther Mom
I'll be more than happy to hook you up with tickets. Which game will depend on whether you don't mind driving way the heck up here or if you'd like something a little closer to Sinton. Manor (9/16), Bandera (10/21) & Ingram (11/4) are the only away games that would be closer than LH.

Darn it! I need to get my DCTF out so I can check on returning guys in our district. :) :thinking: Well on 9/16 Sinton plays Beeville. We have our open date on 11/4 so that may be my best shot at watching your duo! I can't bring myself to miss a Sinton game. :D I'll let you know. :)

Hupernikomen
07-11-2005, 10:55 AM
I would like to add Moye of Jasper and Beasley of WO-S to this list. ;)

Gobbla2001
07-11-2005, 07:59 PM
Originally posted by Yo-Tex Dawg
i think stefon hargrove should be the starting rb for cuero this year. he dominated our freshman team. if chapman or harrison plays this year then one of them will be the best.

Ok dude you just proved that you're not from yoakum because harrison graduated two years ago, all us Cuero people know who you are, so why dont you get to the weight room and better yourself because you have a huge chance in helping the Gobblers win a title this year.

CHS_CG
07-11-2005, 08:09 PM
Originally posted by Gobbla2001
Ok dude you just proved that you're not from yoakum because harrison graduated two years ago, all us Cuero people know who you are, so why dont you get to the weight room and better yourself because you have a huge chance in helping the Gobblers win a title this year.

yo-tex.. you are busted!

injuredinmelee
07-11-2005, 08:29 PM
A kid that interest me but I dont think will be one of the top as far as yards but will be very tough and reliable is Austin Sayre of Abilene Wylie.

LHMom
07-11-2005, 10:06 PM
Originally posted by LH Panther Mom
I was trying not to be a homer, but I changed my mind. Kociuba & Escamilla from Liberty Hill and I'm going out on a limb and adding the TBD fullback.

Cooper from Cuero is my non-homer pick.

Just call me Homer, too! Kociuba & Escamilla from LH are both bigger, stronger & faster. They look great. With a combined 5 previous years on varsity, they will be an incredible senior duo.

j_dog
07-11-2005, 10:26 PM
Originally posted by LHMom
Just call me Homer, too! Kociuba & Escamilla from LH are both bigger, stronger & faster. They look great. With a combined 5 previous years on varsity, they will be an incredible senior duo.
That is scary! LH is going Div I this year is it not? ;)

Buffalo
07-11-2005, 11:59 PM
Snyder has one Johnnyh Vasquez was in trouble last season 5'11" 210 funs 4.7 this kid is tough. Plays def line. There is not a harder runner in 3A

Yo-Tex Dawg
07-12-2005, 03:34 AM
Originally posted by Gobbla2001

anthony harrison has a little brother, charlie harrison. i dont know why u try to act like you know everything. him and chapman dominated in junior high but harrison was always failing. he's trying to play this year and will dominate once again if he can keep his grades up and stay out of trouble. gobbla get over it. im not from cuero

Yo-Tex Dawg
07-12-2005, 03:37 AM
and i've been in the weight room bettering myself but i wouldnt waste it on football. i gotta take care of this body forever. all this muscle i built up is just to make our coaches see what they could have on their team if they would just quit being b-words all the time.

District303aPastPlayer
07-12-2005, 09:30 AM
Originally posted by injuredinmelee
A kid that interest me but I dont think will be one of the top as far as yards but will be very tough and reliable is Austin Sayre of Abilene Wylie.

Collins in Sinton is the same type of bruising running back. give him the ball and count how many guys wind up on their back.