PDA

View Full Version : A 3A Fairytale

skid
10-29-2003, 04:04 PM
A 3A Fairytale

Once upon a time there was a little girl named Burnet that went for a walk in the woods. She came upon a house where three bears (actually it was a cat, rabbit, and turkey), Gainesville, Forney, and Cuero, lived. She sat down to have some porridge but was interrupted. A big giant named Celina said, “fe fi fo fum, I smell the blood of someone who wants to be a champion.” Upon hearing that, Burnet fled out the back door, down the yellow brick road joined by a lion named New Boston, a tin man named Diboll, and a scarecrow named Sinton (or was it a pirate). They kept chanting over and over, “La Feria’s and Rockdale’s and Gladwater’s OH MY!” Little did they know that the wicked witch of the east, Jasper, and the wicked witch of the west, Monahans were hot on their trails. But they couldn’t catch them. They then came upon Burnet’s little brother Bellville. His nose kept growing and growing because he kept insisting “I can beat you Burnet, I can beat you Burnet.” They finally made it all the way to the great city of Texas Bowl, but just after the clock struck midnight, and New Boston turned into a mouse, Diboll into a horse, and Sinton into a pumpkin. Burnet lost her glass slipper, but prince charming, Gilmer found it. Then came along Burnet’s two evil step-sisters, Greenwood and Sweetwater. So they tried the slipper on Sweetwater and it was too hot, and they tried it on Greenwood and it was too cold, and then they tried it on Burnet and it was just right. Burnet’s parents, Sealy and Pilot Point were very happy, as were Gilmer’s, Daingerfield and Commerce. And guess who got all the money! The UIL!

Gobbla2001
10-29-2003, 04:18 PM
Then all of the sudden, Dorothy woke up and said 'Aunty M, Aunty M, I had a dream that...'

Bandera YaYa
10-29-2003, 04:24 PM
...sounds like drugs to me! :p

jason
10-29-2003, 04:25 PM
id like the 2 minutes of my life back that i took to read that...

<small>[ October 29, 2003, 03:30 PM: Message edited by: jason ]</small>

BulldogGrl64
10-29-2003, 04:43 PM
You have to admit that was a pretty creative story. Takes talent to get all those schools in there! LOL

skid
10-29-2003, 05:18 PM
Forgot to mention, Jason represents the lolipop kids.

PPHSfan
10-29-2003, 05:20 PM
My favorite part is where Pilot Point is Burnet's Daddy :D

skid
10-29-2003, 05:21 PM
PPHSfan:
My favorite part is where Pilot Point is Burnet's Daddy :D Does it make you feel like saying, "who's ya daddy?"

PPHSfan
10-29-2003, 05:23 PM
Well yeah, but I am afraid Burnet would show us who the Daddy is. :mad:

booger1
10-29-2003, 05:29 PM
I must say, that was very creative!

skid
10-29-2003, 06:19 PM
Probably would have been better received if Burnet hadn't been the little girl.

K-TOWN
10-29-2003, 07:26 PM
:p

skid
10-31-2003, 04:01 PM
jason:
id like the 2 minutes of my life back that i took to read that...Guess you don't like fairytales. But it was in the title. So, you either ignored it or read it anyway. Maybe you'll waste another 10 to 15 seconds reading this message. LOL

TarponFanInNorthTexas
10-31-2003, 05:17 PM
skid:
Probably would have been better received if Burnet hadn't been the little girl.Maybe add "Carol" in front of all the "Burnet" words......?????

spaniard
10-31-2003, 10:12 PM
now, if we did that, youd have to add another t to the end of burnet, bc if you know anything about grammar you'll understand taht burnet is pronounced burn-it, not burn-ett. just a little nit-pickin' for my own sanity.