PDA

View Full Version : Movie about the Alamo on TCM Sunday!

Phil C
07-08-2005, 04:21 PM
It starts on TCM Sunday at 7 P.M. and stars Sterling Hayden as Jim Bowie. This is a great western made in 1955.

PurpleFreddy
07-08-2005, 04:25 PM
TiVo, baby!

BTEXDAD
07-09-2005, 11:13 AM
thanks, Phil. This is probably one of the few Alamo movies I have not seen and I'll try to watch.
I assume there aren't any surprise endings in it?

PhiI C
07-09-2005, 11:16 AM
Originally posted by BTEXDAD
thanks, Phil. This is probably one of the few Alamo movies I have not seen and I'll try to watch.
I assume there aren't any surprise endings in it?

No there are no surprise endings BT! It has the basic common ending of all Alamo movies just like all the Titanic Movies.

PhiI C
07-09-2005, 11:32 AM
One thing the first part of the movie emphasizes BT even though I don't know if it was true or not but James Bowie played by Sterling Hayden was good friends with Santa Anna played by J. Carrol Nash. There are other great character actors in it such as Richard Carlson as Travis, Arthur Hunnicutt as Croctkett, John Russell as Dickinson, Slim Pickens as Abe, Roy Roberts as Dr. Summerfield (he was the doctor in Dawn at Socorro!), Ernest Borgnein as Mike Rader (the same year this movie was made he made Marty which won him an oscar and made him into a big star), and Jim Davis as Ben Evans (he later became famous as the elder Ewing in the tv series Dallas).

A good movie that is about 2 hours long.

PhiI C
07-10-2005, 09:22 PM
Pretty good movie wasn't it BT?!

BTEXDAD
07-11-2005, 10:57 AM
I actually didn't get to see it, Phil. My mother in law fell and wound up at the hospital. Although I was home at time of movie, I had forgotten about it.
I love texas history, so keep me informed of anything else going on along that line.
Have a good one!

Phil C
07-11-2005, 11:01 AM
Sorry you didn't get to see it BT but don't worry. They will show it again sometime and I will post here when they do. It may be a few months though.