PDA

View Full Version : I Miss Football!!!!

Papa Smurf 05
07-08-2005, 08:25 AM
It's now just starting to really set in -- I won't EVER get to play football again. Curse adulthood!!!

Phil C
07-08-2005, 08:28 AM
Hang in there Papa! It won't be long that you will be in the groove from a spectator point of view.

vet93
07-08-2005, 09:46 AM
It seems like it took me about 10 years post graduation before I really got into being a High school spectator.

Originally posted by Phil C
Hang in there Papa! It won't be long that you will be in the groove from a spectator point of view.

LH Panther Mom
07-08-2005, 10:28 AM
Originally posted by vet93
It seems like it took me about 10 years post graduation before I really got into being a High school spectator.

Did you find that you had a difficult time sitting down to watch? My oldest graduated in '03 and cannot sit more than a few minutes to watch the varsity - he wants so bad to be out there with them, that he has to pace. He finally managed to sit through an entire 8th grade game (# 55) about halfway through the season last year.

vet93
07-08-2005, 12:51 PM
Yes...at first after you graduate....spectating seems boring, plus you want to be out there....there is nothing like being padded up on friday nights....I think that is why it is so difficult to just watch at first. Also, I was very interested in college football because I was going to college. Once I graduated, and especially after I started a family....I wanted my kids to grow up watching and rooting for a hometown team. I started getting connected with the players again and rooting for them and then all of the sudden high school football became my passion again.

Originally posted by LH Panther Mom
Did you find that you had a difficult time sitting down to watch? My oldest graduated in '03 and cannot sit more than a few minutes to watch the varsity - he wants so bad to be out there with them, that he has to pace. He finally managed to sit through an entire 8th grade game (# 55) about halfway through the season last year.

Old Tiger
07-08-2005, 01:21 PM
I probably only have 1 year left.... :(

sicem74
07-08-2005, 01:28 PM
2 heck yes

AggieJohn
07-08-2005, 01:43 PM
Originally posted by Papa Smurf 05
It's now just starting to really set in -- I won't EVER get to play football again. Curse adulthood!!! don't worry you can be a wash up like most of us

RdaleBoi08
07-08-2005, 01:50 PM
I Got 3 Years Left!