PDA

View Full Version : Jasper Football Games

futr_dawgmom
07-07-2005, 04:07 PM
[COLOR=crimson][FONT=courier new][SIZE=3]THE FUTURE OF THE JASPER BULLDOG FOOTBALL ON AIR IS IN YOUR HANDS!!

PLEASE CALL ANY OF THE JASPER SCHOOL BOARD MEMBERS;
JOE BRECKENRIDGE, KIM OSBERG, BRENDA JOB, CAROLYN ARMITAGE, OR EDDIE HOPKINS, OR SUPERINTENDENT EDDIE DUNN IF YOU STILL WANT TO HEAR THE JASPER FOOTBALL ON THE RADIO. IT IS LOOKING LIKE THERE MAY NOT BE ANY JASPER FOOTBALL ON THE RADIO!!!!

HELP!!!

Hupernikomen
07-07-2005, 05:40 PM
That is bad news. Art Lay does such a good job. Sure hope those of you in Jasper ISD are convincing them this is a bad idea.

j_dog
07-07-2005, 07:06 PM
What is driving this? I had heard that KTXJ was in financial trouble?? But that KJAS would pick up the games and put them on the web. Now it is all coming to nothing? :mad:

Is the school board resisting having the games on the radio? :confused: Or are there no sponsors? It seems like such a no-brainer for someone to broadcast the games. Surely there would be plenty of local sponsors??? :confused:

Tiger90
07-07-2005, 11:59 PM
Sad:( . We lost ours here a year or two back as well.

WoodvilleFan
07-08-2005, 08:56 AM
I am confused. Why would you contact the school board about the radio stations decision not to broadcast games.

Cat22
07-08-2005, 09:10 AM
Hey WoodvilleFan have not seen you on here in awhile. Congrats on the State Championship!

WOS92
07-08-2005, 09:14 AM
I wouldn't think the school district would have anything to do with the decision, unless, like jdog said, they are resisting it. I would think it's a station decision.

WoodvilleFan
07-08-2005, 09:14 AM
We are really proud of the kids. It has been a great boost to the schools atmosphere.

PurpleFreddy
07-08-2005, 09:23 AM
Don't radio stations sign contracts with school districts if they want exclusive rights to play-by-play of their games?

Old Green
07-08-2005, 09:30 AM
The broadcast of the games should be managed the The Booster Club. The Booster club gets all the sponsors to sign up and pay for the telecast of the games. That's what the Cuero and Yoakum Booster do. All the Booster clubs need from the school administration is permission to air the games.

futr_dawgmom
07-08-2005, 09:41 AM
Certain members of the school board are resisting change. But if noone does the football games....alot of folks will be mad, so if we make our voices heard at the school board...maybe they will listen, especially to out of town people as well.

WoodvilleFan
07-08-2005, 10:13 AM
A decision by the school board to discontinue broadcasts would have to rank as one of the bonehead moves of all time.
There has to be something driving the topic that is not being disclosed.

futr_dawgmom
07-08-2005, 10:32 AM
We can't figure it out but I hope they will come around because time is running out and it's almost to late.

WoodvilleFan
07-08-2005, 10:40 AM
I listen to Art Lay's broadcasts when Woodville is not playing. He has been the voice of the Bulldogs (football and baseball) for a long time.

Astrosdawg07
07-08-2005, 12:21 PM
And don't forget boys Basketball. Does anyone have Art's email?

dawgmom
07-13-2005, 01:46 AM
I believe Art has agreed to continue play by play if with KJAS, but he definitely will NOT be continuing with KTXJ. He has is still owed money from last season! KJAS WANTS to do this but the school board wants full control of all decisions, such as deciding who does the play by play, "Coffee with Coach", etc. Understandably, KJAS execs say it is our station, we will make those decisions based on what we feel is best. SO..... we just want the games to be broadcast. I don't think the school board members, some of them anyway, realize that if KJAS doesn't do the games, they won't be done! KTXJ WILL NOT BE DOING THEM ANY MORE! Not to mention that if KJAS does the games, the will be available online to listen to for you out of towners!! So....contact the board members, the superintendent, the AD, anyone who can help! And let them know you want this! Thanks!

spiveyrat
07-13-2005, 07:55 AM
Everybody wants control. :rolleyes:

dawgmom
07-13-2005, 01:12 PM
Just please contact anyone you can think of to help keep the radio broadcasts going! Remember, if KJAS does it, the broadcast will be available online!!!

spiveyrat
07-13-2005, 01:25 PM
Maybe some email addresses should be shared so more people can contact the appropriate offices.

Hupernikomen
07-13-2005, 11:20 PM
Well I can pick up 102.7 way down here in cleveland but don't even know the call numbers of kjas. what is it?

Reveille
07-14-2005, 07:24 AM
KJAS is 107.3. My guess is you are not going to be able to pick them up in Cleveland. If you do, it will be a very weak signal.

JasperDog94
07-29-2005, 05:02 PM
Originally posted by futr_dawgmom
Certain members of the school board are resisting change. But if noone does the football games....alot of folks will be mad, so if we make our voices heard at the school board...maybe they will listen, especially to out of town people as well. I just found this older post and just wanted to let everyone know that this is not the case. When 2 radio stations both want the games, the school board (legally) must make the determination as to which station gets the games. They aren't resistant to change. But they must follow the letter of the law.

They could, if they want to, create a stipulation that any radio station would have to webcast the games and that would eliminate KTXJ. I still feel that KJAS will get the games. The next board meeting will be on Monday, August 8th. That's when this should be decided.

Have faith. :)

Txbroadcaster
07-29-2005, 05:15 PM
The school board can also allow both to broadcast the game..I know in Sulphur Springs they do that..and in Marshall they did that at one time.

j_dog
07-29-2005, 05:19 PM
If what was posted on the Jasper Board is true, KTXJ did not submit a proposal. If that is true, it will be KJAS, or no broadcast at all. Or is there more to this? :confused:

JasperDog94
07-29-2005, 05:51 PM
The only other thing that I am aware of would be KJAS wants to change one of the other broadcasters. Not sure about that though.

JHS_c/o_06'
07-29-2005, 06:12 PM
I found out a week or so ago that KJAS did in fact pick up the broadcasting right and what not. They kept Art but dropped Coach Brack....which i am not happy about. You dont just get rid of the guy who brought the town/team's catch phrase/s into existance. Thats not cool. But i heard he might be having a more hands on experience with the team this year. But i could be wrong about that...we'll see.

JasperDog94
07-29-2005, 06:33 PM
Get more of the story here (http://www.createphpbb.com/phpbb/viewtopic.php?p=519&mforum=jasperhighschoo#519)

easttexan1
08-05-2005, 03:16 PM
School Board Approves Broadcasting Rights

08/04/05
By Mike Lout
Email this story to a friend

For the first time in over 40 years, a different radio station will broadcast the Jasper High School Bulldog Football games this coming season.

After hearing a formal request, the Board of Trustees of the Jasper Independent School District voted on Wednesday to allow KJAS Radio to broadcast the games and veteran Bulldog announcer Art Lay has announced that he will be swapping stations and moving from KTXJ to KJAS.

KJAS also announced on Wednesday that Lay and Van Cammack would form a new team that will bring fans live coverage of the Bulldog games. Cammack, who is a former member of the Bulldog team and a graduate of the Jasper High School Class of 1988, is also a 1992 graduate of West Point.

The first broadcast will take place on Friday, August 26th when the Bulldogs take on the West Orange Stark Mustangs at Bulldog Stadium here in Jasper.

FYI:
I talked to Mike Lout (KJAS Owner) last week and he sounded really positive about it. I can tell you the the remote equipment used by KJAS is many times the quality used by KTXJ. Plus, for you remote folks, you will be able to get the web-cast. For me, that means I can actually listen to the game on these grandbaby trips my wife likes to take during football season.