PDA

View Full Version : IF you've tubed the Guadlupe recently, I need your help...

Gobbla2001
07-07-2005, 12:49 PM
If you've been up New Braunfels way recently, I need to know if you happened to see any Shiner Bock in CANS? Can't have bottles on the river when we go the 6th, so I need cans...

Just wanna check, cuz if not I'll have to try and find some down here, but I'm pretty sure all we have are bottles...

44INAROW
07-07-2005, 01:05 PM
looks like you not the only one Gobbla

from the Shiner Bock website...."Amanda (July 5, 2005 11:36 am) wrote:
Where can I find shiner light in cans?? I would love to float the guadalupe and be able to drink shiner light. I've looked everywhere and can't seem to find it...please help me out."

when my brother moved to central Florida in 1999 - he was going nuts cause the only time he could get Shiner was when someone went out there to visit etc. He made a deal with the manager of the local Publix supermarket and they started getting Shiner Bock in bottles. Then they started getting Big Red and Blue Bell..... Gotta love our Texas addictions :)
:inlove:

AggieJohn
07-07-2005, 01:06 PM
that's working for it

Bandera YaYa
07-07-2005, 01:16 PM
HAHAHA....BEER ALERT!! BEER ALERT!!!! :D :D

AP Panther Fan
07-07-2005, 02:03 PM
Originally posted by Bandera YaYa
HAHAHA....BEER ALERT!! BEER ALERT!!!! :D :D

LOL...Shiner needs to do a better job of taking care of its faithfuls!;)

pirate4state
07-07-2005, 02:11 PM
Originally posted by 44INAROW
when my brother moved to central Florida in 1999 - he was going nuts cause the only time he could get Shiner was when someone went out there to visit etc. He made a deal with the manager of the local Publix supermarket and they started getting Shiner Bock in bottles. Then they started getting Big Red and Blue Bell..... Gotta love our Texas addictions :)
:inlove: :thumbsup: That is awesome!! :clap: :)

lepfan
07-07-2005, 02:52 PM
Then they started getting Big Red and Blue Bell..... Gotta love our Texas addictions :)

I do miss my Blue Bell!!! Blue Bunny sucks! Do you think Blue Bell would ship to KansAss???:thinking:

44INAROW
07-07-2005, 03:33 PM
Originally posted by lepfan
I do miss my Blue Bell!!! Blue Bunny sucks! Do you think Blue Bell would ship to KansAss???:thinking:

Hope this helps....... here is a map of the distribution area for Blue Bell and if you don't live close to an area, you can have it shipped see below

Since our ice cream isn't sold everywhere a lot of folks ask us to ship it to them. We are always glad to share our ice cream with others, so if you're interested in having Blue Bell delivered to your home, or to friends, here's what it costs:

At a price of $89, for four half gallons of your favorite Blue Bell flavors, we can ship anywhere in the good ole' USA.* Most of the cost is a result of the shipping charges, but it is one way to get "the best ice cream in the country" to you or someone else who can't get it otherwise. We know it's going to be a tough decision to only pick four of your favorite flavors. To help you decide, we've created a Year Round Flavors page and a Monthly Flavors page to let you know what is currently available.

All ice cream is shipped Federal Express for next day delivery.** We are set up to ship on Monday, Tuesday, and Wednesday, but you need to allow us a couple of days to process your order prior to the shipping date. Visa, Master Card, and Discover are accepted.

To place your gift pack order, please call (979) 836-7977. One of our friendly sales staff will be glad to help you.http://img142.imageshack.us/img142/5695/bluebell3za.jpg (http://www.imageshack.us)

pirate4state
07-07-2005, 03:38 PM
Originally posted by lepfan
I do miss my Blue Bell!!! Blue Bunny sucks! Do you think Blue Bell would ship to KansAss???:thinking: hee hee Which city/town/village do you live in?

Gobbla2001
07-07-2005, 06:17 PM

Where can I find shiner light in cans?? I would love to float the guadalupe and be able to drink shiner light. I've looked everywhere and can't seem to find it...please help me out."

Ask that Amanda chick if she's hot, cuz we can 'feel each other's pain' while we float...

I know a little fishing place at Indianola beach that sells it in cans, just seels it separately, costs too much that way... but I may have to do it... I like coors light and all, but I want Shiner on the river...

gobbler grad
07-07-2005, 07:29 PM
Gobbla,
good luck in finding a solution to your problem...too bad they don't make it in those plastic bottles like Coors Lite does...i think any beer would taste good on the river, but it's hard sometimes to change beers...

olddawggreen
07-07-2005, 07:50 PM

Its funny, when I lived in the Atlanta area for a couple of years, anything Texas was in great demand and Lone Star Beer never tasted better. When I had people coming to see us from Texas I would always ask them to bring Lone Star and Mesquite for cooking. :)

Gobbla2001
07-07-2005, 09:07 PM
Originally posted by gobbler grad
Gobbla,
good luck in finding a solution to your problem...too bad they don't make it in those plastic bottles like Coors Lite does...i think any beer would taste good on the river, but it's hard sometimes to change beers...

I never change beers, I just deal with what I can 'afford' at the time...

I'll buy a 24 ounce icehouse on the way home from work, and some coors light here and there.... but when it comes to buying more than a six-pack, it better be comin' outta Shiner!!!

lepfan
07-07-2005, 10:18 PM
Originally posted by pirate4state
hee hee Which city/town/village do you live in?

They say it is a town...some days it looks like a village...especially with the village idiot runs amuck. (Syracuse)

cdlvj
07-08-2005, 12:36 PM
Hope this helps....... here is a map of the distribution area for Blue Bell and if you don't live close to an area, you can have it shipped see below

Since our ice cream isn't sold everywhere a lot of folks ask us to ship it to them. We are always glad to share our ice cream with others, so if you're interested in having Blue Bell delivered to your home, or to friends, here's what it costs:

At a price of $89, for four half gallons of your favorite Blue Bell flavors, we can ship anywhere in the good ole' USA.* Most of the cost is a result of the shipping charges, but it is one way to get "the best ice cream in the country" to you or someone else who can't get it otherwise. We know it's going to be a tough decision to only pick four of your favorite flavors. To help you decide, we've created a Year Round Flavors page and a Monthly Flavors page to let you know what is currently available.

All ice cream is shipped Federal Express for next day delivery.** We are set up to ship on Monday, Tuesday, and Wednesday, but you need to allow us a couple of days to process your order prior to the shipping date. Visa, Master Card, and Discover are accepted.

To place your gift pack order, please call (979) 836-7977. One of our friendly sales staff will be glad to help you.http://img142.imageshack.us/img142/5695/bluebell3za.jpg (http://www.imageshack.us)

One gripe that I have is that Blue Bell comes out with a really good flavor, and you never ever see that flavor again.

Gobbla2001
07-08-2005, 01:03 PM
HEy guys, I wanna drink beer while floating, not eat ice-cream ha...

44INAROW
07-08-2005, 04:55 PM
Originally posted by Gobbla2001
HEy guys, I wanna drink beer while floating, not eat ice-cream ha...

Oh, I was confused, I saw float and immediately thought of an ice cream float :)

Gobbla2001
07-08-2005, 08:03 PM
It's excused, 44, only this once... heard whether or not your son has landed safely etc...?

44INAROW
07-08-2005, 08:22 PM
Originally posted by Gobbla2001
It's excused, 44, only this once... heard whether or not your son has landed safely etc...?

Just checked Southwest website and it shows the flight landed @ 9:10 EST waiting on a call but I assume he got there fine .. thanks for asking....