PDA

View Full Version : 19 3a predictions

hutex04
07-07-2005, 12:31 AM
This is how i see 19 3a going this year

1. Caldwell (look loaded, could go very deep in the playoffs)
2. Giddings ( a year improved)
3. Cameron Yoe (have a decent amount returning to have them compete)
4. Hutto (always disapoints)
5. Rockdale (no offense)
6. La Grange (cant stay down for too long)
7. Manor (lost alot of talent)
8. Smithville (still smithville)

CHS_CG
07-07-2005, 12:39 AM
I like that.. I have faith in Caldwell but I think that instead of Giddings Rockdale will be in the top 3... I hope you are right about Caldwell though. That would be awesome!

Old Tiger
07-07-2005, 02:44 AM
Is someone bitter about Rockdale? 22-21

rockdale80
07-07-2005, 03:02 AM
Originally posted by hutex04

5. Rockdale (no offense)

It was enough offense to beat your guys last year.....

WOS92
07-07-2005, 04:28 AM
But lose to five other teams...
Don't get me wrong, Rockdale is God's gift to football... I'm just sayin'
:D

rockdale80
07-07-2005, 10:46 AM
Originally posted by WOS92
But lose to five other teams...
Don't get me wrong, Rockdale is God's gift to football... I'm just sayin'

I thought that was WOS....How did yall do last year again? I bet yall are proud of that championship ring.

Old Tiger
07-07-2005, 11:47 AM
Didn't WO-S lose in the same round we did?

rockdale80
07-07-2005, 11:49 AM
Originally posted by Tiger WR
Didn't WO-S lose in the same round we did?

Naw man...They won it all last year. They had an amazing season.

Old Tiger
07-07-2005, 11:54 AM
Didn't the Mustangs have a 16-0 undefeated season and outscored their opponents 200-40 in the playoffs?

Wait nvm, that was the Galena Park North Shore Mustangs

sicem74
07-07-2005, 07:16 PM
lol hutex04 you think cameron gonna be 3rd u gotta be kidding but u can say w/e we will see on the field and casey that was funny!

WOS92
07-07-2005, 07:21 PM
The district championship ring? Yeah, it's great! Maybe you guys will get one this year if you can beat the four teams picked ahead of you ;)

Actually, my post was giving Tiger WR a taste of his own medicine :D You guys REALLY have to get a sense of humor about this stuff! We've never gone 16-0. 15-0 and 15-1 are the closest we've come.

Old Tiger
07-07-2005, 08:55 PM
We don't parade ourselves like yall do that's why I do it.

WOS92
07-07-2005, 09:10 PM
Fine with me... then if you dish it you have to be able to take it! :D :D :p

Old Tiger
07-07-2005, 09:21 PM
I can take what your willing to dish back but what I'm saying is that we(Rockdale) don't parade ourself to be the greatest.

LH Panther Mom
07-07-2005, 09:29 PM
Originally posted by Tiger WR
I can take what your willing to dish back but what I'm saying is that we(Rockdale) don't parade ourself to be the greatest.

Go back to last year - neither did most (if any) of the WO-S folks. ;)

Gobbla2001
07-07-2005, 09:34 PM
She's right, Tiger... last year none of them did any of the parading... this year they've posted messages and have had negative feedback due to the 'hyping up' OTHER people did about WO-S... now if they make a post talking about WO-S it is pounded on... all they do now is defend themselves, whether it be arguing a point or talking highly of their program, which has a right to be spoken highly of, no matter which way you slice it...

give the 'Stangs a break, they (as in a whole, not just one poster), have never talked themselves up 'too' much on this board...

WOS92
07-07-2005, 09:36 PM
Thanks, guys. If you will look back at last year's posts, the HYPE was coming from other schools, not us (for the most part). I appreciate some of y'all acknowledging that, at least. :)

Old Tiger
07-07-2005, 09:47 PM
Yea....it's all fun we're having here!

caldwellguard62
07-07-2005, 09:49 PM
Well they are right about Caldwell being first cuz thats exactly wut were going to do is finish first and I cant wait to face cameron!

WOS92
07-07-2005, 09:50 PM
I'm having fun too! I just don't like being accused of things I haven't done.

Old Tiger
07-07-2005, 09:50 PM
What is your name guard?

Old Tiger
07-07-2005, 09:51 PM
Yea it's cool....

hutex04
07-07-2005, 11:05 PM
Yeah i can have yall at 3rd, after all Hutto did beat yall last year on ur fairwell game to ur seniors.

c-town_balla
07-07-2005, 11:48 PM
Wow you're cool.

Yeah i can have yall at 3rd, after all Hutto did beat yall last year on ur fairwell game to ur seniors.

CHS_CG
07-08-2005, 12:06 AM
I agree with caldwellguard62 Caldwell is goin to do great this year.. as long as they dont start gettin high and mighty on themselves we are good!

rockdale80
07-08-2005, 12:17 AM
Originally posted by WOS92
The district championship ring? Yeah, it's great! Maybe you guys will get one this year if you can beat the four teams picked ahead of you ;)

Actually, my post was giving Tiger WR a taste of his own medicine :D You guys REALLY have to get a sense of humor about this stuff! We've never gone 16-0. 15-0 and 15-1 are the closest we've come.

I was joking....i think you guys need the sense of humor....:D :D :D

Old Tiger
07-08-2005, 12:24 AM
lets all look for a sense of humor on ebay!!!! :D

cdlvj
07-08-2005, 07:59 AM

5. Rockdale (no offense)

La Grange will probably be 0 and 5 going into the Giddings game, but I think they will take one from one of the top three, and maybe with some luck end up 4-6.

To bad Caldwell is one of the 1st district games, would love to see the game later in the season as LG starts to get untracked.

hutex04
07-08-2005, 09:54 AM
Yeah I know im cool, thanks for noticing. I give my opinion and have you in the top 3 making the playoffs and you cry about it. I hope to god yall dont make the playoffs and Hutto can get in, but i dought that. Hutto has so much talent, just no coaching.

c-town_balla
07-08-2005, 10:03 AM
Hey I don't care about your picks you could pick us last and I wouldn't care but, what you said about yall beatin us was unnessacary

sicem74
07-08-2005, 11:05 AM
um nick your spelling lol im j/k but huttex do you play football still?

jason
07-08-2005, 11:07 AM
how bout this opinion for this district...its weak like it was last year, one team might have potential to make it past the 2nd round........

sure there might be competition for the district title, but on a state wide basis and contention for a state title, its weak...

sicem74
07-08-2005, 11:12 AM
na jason cameron will show everyone that we will be back look at last year 3rd round gainst jasper and we are going for more

rockdale80
07-08-2005, 01:14 PM
Originally posted by jason
how bout this opinion for this district...its weak like it was last year, one team might have potential to make it past the 2nd round........

sure there might be competition for the district title, but on a state wide basis and contention for a state title, its weak...

:crazy: :crazy:

If you say so......

rockdale80
07-08-2005, 01:15 PM
Originally posted by sicem74
na jason cameron will show everyone that we will be back look at last year 3rd round gainst jasper and we are going for more

Good thing they have you to stand on the sidelines and cheer everyone else on.

sicem74
07-08-2005, 01:22 PM
not year this sonny you'll see that was when i was a soph!

Old Tiger
07-08-2005, 01:23 PM
I sat the bench my soph. year on defense, but on offence I rotated in

RdaleBoi08
07-08-2005, 01:44 PM
Put It Like This...Wait And See What Happens

ILS1
07-08-2005, 02:51 PM
Hutto has so much talent, just no coaching.

I agree 100%!!!!!

rockdale80
07-08-2005, 03:12 PM
not year this sonny you'll see that was when i was a soph!

excuses excuses excuses. If your performance in the Lineman challenge was any indication of what you can do on the field, then maybe you should trade in your pads for some pom poms and a skirt...:thinking:

ILS1
07-08-2005, 03:19 PM
Here are my picks for District 19-3A:

1st: Giddings (alot of young and veteran talent returning. Out of all the teams from this district,they impressed me the most last year. They never quit and will surprise alot of people.)

2nd: Hutto (dispite the lack of coaching,the players will get it done. 9 returning on offense and 8 on defense. Barring any injuries they will get it done.)

3rd: Caldwell (they have the talent to win this district but it's a transition period for them. Coach just left and it will take time to adjust to the new coach. Look for them to peak towards the end of the season.)

4th: Rockdale (good defense but need to pick it up on offense. They lost some key people on offense. Clark is a good coach and will have them battling for a playoff spot.)

5th: Cameron (nothing against them,I just think they lost too much talent from last year. One good WR will not be able to do it alone. Just ask Manor from last year)

6th: La Grange (they will be a whole better than last year. They are young and hungry. They have a new coach to get used to. Talent comes in waves and in a couple of years look for a tidal wave to come out of LG.)

7th: Manor (lost about everyone in key positions. They also lost their coach who retired. They will have to get used to a new offense and defense. That usually takes time.)

8th: Smithville (they are on a 31 game losing streak. They have a new coach and new system. I really feel for these kids because I have been there before. It is not fun at all. I will go out on a limb and say they will break their losing streak in their first 3 games!!)

That's my two cents worth!!!!:D

sicem74
07-08-2005, 03:36 PM
Originally posted by ILS1

1st: Giddings (alot of young and veteran talent returning. Out of all the teams from this district,they impressed me the most last year. They never quit and will surprise alot of people.)

2nd: Hutto (dispite the lack of coaching,the players will get it done. 9 returning on offense and 8 on defense. Barring any injuries they will get it done.)

3rd: Caldwell (they have the talent to win this district but it's a transition period for them. Coach just left and it will take time to adjust to the new coach. Look for them to peak towards the end of the season.)

4th: Rockdale (good defense but need to pick it up on offense. They lost some key people on offense. Clark is a good coach and will have them battling for a playoff spot.)

5th: Cameron (nothing against them,I just think they lost too much talent from last year. One good WR will not be able to do it alone. Just ask Manor from last year)

6th: La Grange (they will be a whole better than last year. They are young and hungry. They have a new coach to get used to. Talent comes in waves and in a couple of years look for a tidal wave to come out of LG.)

8th: Smithville (they are on a 31 game losing streak. They have a new coach and new system.
7th: Manor (lost about everyone in key positions. They also lost their coach who retired. They will have to get used to a new offense and defense. That usually takes time.)I really feel for these kids because I have been there before. It is not fun at all. I will go out on a limb and say they will break their losing streak in their first 3 games!!)

That's my two cents worth!!!!:D
dude cameron has 7 on offense and 3 linebackers and 1 d lineman andrew holt a 4.8 speed weighs 230 prolly and you are picking us 5th and plus we had a huge roster so we will see what happens!

rockdale80
07-08-2005, 03:42 PM
dude cameron has 7 on offense and 3 linebackers and 1 d lineman andrew holt a 4.8 speed weighs 230 prolly and you are picking us 5th and plus we had a huge roster so we will see what happens!

and...... :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

We're Back
07-08-2005, 03:48 PM
4.8 is not that fast for someone his size, one of our DE's is 240 and runs a 4.65

LH Panther Mom
07-08-2005, 03:48 PM
ILS1 - good job! At least you had something better to say than "my dad can beat up your dad" or "so, your momma wears army boots". ;)

As close as LH is to many of the 19-3a teams, it's a shame we don't get to play more pre-district games.

rockdale80
07-08-2005, 04:00 PM
Originally posted by LH Panther Mom
ILS1 - good job! At least you had something better to say than "my dad can beat up your dad" or "so, your momma wears army boots". ;)

As close as LH is to many of the 19-3a teams, it's a shame we don't get to play more pre-district games.

its not a shame for you....its lucky that you don't.:D

RdaleBoi08
07-08-2005, 04:04 PM
But Dont Forget Cameron's QB Runs A 4.4 .....4.3! And There Whole O Line Where Shopmores Last Year So I Wouldn't Be Pickin Them So Low

Old Tiger
07-08-2005, 04:25 PM
All of our defence is under a 5 in the 40.

Old Tiger
07-08-2005, 04:26 PM
Originally posted by RdaleBoi08
But Dont Forget Cameron's QB Runs A 4.4 .....4.3! And There Whole O Line Where Shopmores Last Year So I Wouldn't Be Pickin Them So Low Quit taken up for Cameron Kortlin

LH Panther Mom
07-08-2005, 04:29 PM
Originally posted by rockdale80
its not a shame for you....its lucky that you don't.:D

:hand: :hand: I'm not talking about Rockdale. :p That'd be easy - I'd just like to see sicem74 in action on the field. ;)

Old Tiger
07-08-2005, 04:29 PM
Originally posted by ILS1

7th: Manor (lost about everyone in key positions. They also lost their coach who retired. They will have to get used to a new offense and defense. That usually takes time.)

8th: Smithville (they are on a 31 game losing streak. They have a new coach and new system. I really feel for these kids because I have been there before. It is not fun at all. I will go out on a limb and say they will break their losing streak in their first 3 games!!)

That's my two cents worth!!!!:D Rockdale shut Giddings out 26-0 last year...but that was last year.

sicem74
07-08-2005, 04:31 PM
lol ya thanx kortlin but casey cool down rdale got sum good dlineman they run under a 5 thats aight our defensive ends is 4.8 to 4.6 and dt's 5.3 n down

Old Tiger
07-08-2005, 04:32 PM
I'm cool charles

sicem74
07-08-2005, 04:34 PM
lol i know i was j/k

ILS1
07-08-2005, 04:37 PM
Thanks LHPM. I'd like to hear all the "experts" thoughts,opinions and breakdown of this district. And if you wanna be a homer and pick YOUR team first,that's fine. But give reasons and explanations why you did. Good luck everyone this coming season!!

rockdale80
07-08-2005, 04:38 PM
Originally posted by LH Panther Mom
:hand: :hand: I'm not talking about Rockdale. :p That'd be easy - I'd just like to see sicem74 in action on the field. ;)

Hard to see someone in action when they just walk up and down the sidelines...

Old Tiger
07-08-2005, 04:40 PM
I'm gonna make a home pick and choose Rockdale

LH Panther Mom
07-08-2005, 04:42 PM
Hard to see someone in action when they just walk up and down the sidelines...

Well, if he puts on a skirt & grabs some pom-poms, I'm sure it'd be pretty noticable. ;)

marlin fan
07-08-2005, 04:51 PM
not gonna make any predicitons but i hope Caldwell, Rockdale and Cameron make the playoffs!!!

RdaleBoi08
07-08-2005, 04:53 PM
Casey Aint No One Taken Up For Cameron Im Just Stating The Facts

Old Tiger
07-08-2005, 04:53 PM
That's what I'm talkin about B

RdaleBoi08
07-08-2005, 04:54 PM
Whatever

marlin fan
07-08-2005, 05:02 PM
i wanna see MARLIN VS. ROCKDALE AND MARLIN VS CAMERON this year!!!

sicem74
07-08-2005, 05:28 PM
i think we would go on top

RdaleBoi08
07-08-2005, 05:47 PM
Ya True Charles But U Dont Know Till U Strap The Pads On!

rockdale80
07-08-2005, 06:38 PM
This is in no particular order. Just an opinion of what I think will happen.

Rockdale- Will have a strong defense. Will need some offensive leaders to step up and make it happen. Should be better on O having had Clarks program for over a year now.

Caldwell- Big shoes to fill with Pittman gone. Relied on him heavily to make things happen. Very one dimensional. Should be interesting to see what the new coach changes...if anything changes at all.

Cameron- Mullins leaving could be a death blow. All state receivers mean nothing if noone can throw them the ball. A fast scrambling Qb doesnt fit in the offense they had last year. So the 4.3 speed doesnt matter if you are looking for a pocket passer.

Hutto- Should be tough. Played everyone tough last year and I wouldnt expect anything less this year.

Giddings- Didnt show me anything last year other than they can either play beyond their means....or not even show up. Depends on which team shows up each week. Traditionally a tough team.

La Grange- Should rebound to atleast a .500 season. Too many good atheletes in their area to have two crappy seasons in a row.

Manor- What can I say about Manor? The most talented team in the state last year and did absolutely terrible. Always fast, and play hard, but can't get it together as a team. They were like a Hearne team.

Smithville- Hope they break their losing streak. All I can say about that...

Old Tiger
07-08-2005, 06:43 PM

Rockdale- Will have a strong defense. Will need some offensive leaders to step up and make it happen. Should be better on O having had Clarks program for over a year now.

Caldwell- Big shoes to fill with Pittman gone. Relied on him heavily to make things happen. Very one dimensional. Should be interesting to see what the new coach changes...if anything changes at all.

Cameron- Mullins leaving could be a death blow. All state receivers mean nothing if noone can throw them the ball. A fast scrambling Qb doesnt fit in the offense they had last year. So the 4.3 speed doesnt matter if you are looking for a pocket passer.

Hutto- Should be tough. Played everyone tough last year and I wouldnt expect anything less this year.

Giddings- Didnt show me anything last year other than they can either play beyond their means....or not even show up. Depends on which team shows up each week. Traditionally a tough team.

La Grange- Should rebound to atleast a .500 season. Too many good atheletes in their area to have two crappy seasons in a row.

Manor- What can I say about Manor? The most talented team in the state last year and did absolutely terrible. Always fast, and play hard, but can't get it together as a team. They were like a Hearne team.

Smithville- Hope they break their losing streak. All I can say about that... I see La Grange and Smithville batteling it out for last place. La Grange will be in a whole new offencive scheme. From what I've saw in 7on7 they do not have a good QB

sicem74
07-08-2005, 08:15 PM

Smithville- Hope they break their losing streak. All I can say about that...
ya uh i gotta break it to ya lol he can run and throw right on the spot so lol what u gotta say now

rockdale80
07-08-2005, 09:43 PM
ya uh i gotta break it to ya lol he can run and throw right on the spot so lol what u gotta say now

Well then I guess when yall dont live up to the top 20 ranking you got there will be no excuses. Now dont you have cheerleader practice to get ready for?

CHS-playa06
07-08-2005, 11:47 PM
caldwell did loose a very good running back! but we still have danny deere and kevin mcmanus so im not that worried about it and we have some sophmores to be that could make for some good recievers! and theres probably not going to be to many changes this year and all the kids are familiar with him!

rockdale80
07-09-2005, 01:02 PM
Originally posted by CHS-playa06
caldwell did loose a very good running back! but we still have danny deere and kevin mcmanus so im not that worried about it and we have some sophmores to be that could make for some good recievers! and theres probably not going to be to many changes this year and all the kids are familiar with him!

I hope they can rush for 200 plus yards a game like Pittman did...what about the O-line?

CHS-playa06
07-09-2005, 01:08 PM
we have two returning starters on o-line me and caldwellguard62! but im not all that worried bout it i still believe our o-line will get it done this year! and on the d-line we only lost one end so we should be pretty strong there also

Old Tiger
07-09-2005, 02:21 PM
I can't wait to play Caldwell at our house! The last time I played yall at home was in 7th grade.

CHS_CG
07-09-2005, 03:08 PM
It will be a good game.. hopefully yall will score some points this time lol.. (sorry have to give ya a hard time guys!)