PDA

View Full Version : Shoplifting @ Wal-Mart

gobblerfan02
07-06-2005, 06:47 PM
Here's an interesting story for all you posters out there!

I was at the local cuero walmart getting something to drink last night.(it was after 10, hence everywhere else was closed by then except whataburger!) I had my two younger cousins with me, we had just got through playing volleyball at the local park.....Well, as I was checking out, my two cousins start walking out of the store unknown to me. As I go to my truck expecting them to be waiting for me, I find no one to my avail. I figure they're either back in the store delaying me taking them home, due to them having a curfew and all(ages 13 and 15). So I wait for about 15 minutes and after I am a little pissed, go back in the store searching...can't find them. Asked all the store personel, no one knows where they are, paged them over the intercom, still no one...so, one of my cousins had been "seeing" this guy that lives int he apts behind wal-mart, so like an older cousin, I go driving back there looking for them, and when I would find them, beat the ever-living you know what outta them.(I can't get into to much background on this touchy subject, she isn't suppose to talk to this guy anymore!)

Anyway, by the time I get back into the wal-mart parking lot, there are two Cuero police dpt. cars along with a sheriff's car in the front of the store. You know how you just have that gutt instinct that something's wrong, well I just knew that those two little ****'*:foul: were the ones in trouble. I go back inside and find that they were caught ON CAMERA shoplifting. The two idiots! Anyway, since I wasn't either of their legal guardians, my uncle was called to come to the store.

Come to find out, they each had stolen a $1.27 container of limp gloss. The store eventually didn't press charges due to the small dollar amount. BTW, Walmart has a policy not to convict if the dollar amount is below $3.00, for those of you who wanna attempt such things...they also are banned from all state-wide walmarts for a period of two years.(their pics were takin and posted as "BANNED" for employees of the store)...

I personally think that this event was freakin' halarious myself, but both girls' parents weren't too pleased I might add. It's not like they didn't have the money or even needed the lip gloss, they had $45 between them. I figured one way to embarrass them is by posting this here were some of the cuero posters could read, especially their peers from school! If any cuero poster wants to know their names, just pm me, I'll gladly give them to you so you can personally wrag on them when school starts.

I just keep thinking to myself, "ONLY IN THE CUERO WAL-MART!"

sicem74
07-06-2005, 06:58 PM
man thats sux *****

Gobbla2001
07-06-2005, 07:01 PM
Give me their numbers, I'll call posing as a friend, then say 'HEy, y'all wouldn't happen to have any lip-gloss I can borrow, would ya? I kinda like the kind you get at Wal-Mart'...

BHBrave08
07-06-2005, 08:42 PM
lol.:clap:

sinton66
07-06-2005, 09:18 PM
For all of the would-be shoplifters out there. DON'T try it at Wal-Mart. There are cameras everywhere (that's what's inside those black globes hanging from the celing), on duty security around the clock and even store detectives that pose as customers. With that much security, you have to be pretty stupid to try it.

CHS_CG
07-06-2005, 09:19 PM
Originally posted by Gobbla2001
Give me their numbers, I'll call posing as a friend, then say 'HEy, y'all wouldn't happen to have any lip-gloss I can borrow, would ya? I kinda like the kind you get at Wal-Mart'...

if you can sound like a 15 year girl.. there is something wrong with ya d!:kiss:

lepfan
07-06-2005, 09:21 PM
Originally posted by CHS_CG
if you can sound like a 15 year girl..

...or a gay boy... ;)

cat dog horse
07-06-2005, 11:37 PM
MARGRET!!!!!!!!!

cat dog horse
07-06-2005, 11:42 PM
what are we gonna do with her?

Diocletian
07-06-2005, 11:42 PM
great thread rofl!!

Bobcatwideout
07-06-2005, 11:46 PM
lol i saw someone try to steal a paint ball gun at the Bridge City wal-mart there was a cop waiting outside for them.. haha it was funny!

Keith7
07-07-2005, 01:12 AM
I got banned from wal*mart once because the security guy started following me and my friends around for no reason and we noticed so we decided to give him a dose of his own medicine and started following him around.. well it turns out that he doesnt like that very much and he ran us out of the store, and on our way out we started being smart a**es and letting him know how dumb he was for following us and how he should be the one being kicked out of wal*mart and so they decided to just ban us all together..

Wal*Mart sucks.. too bad they have such good prices

lepfan
07-07-2005, 01:22 AM
I am thinking a cheap pair of sunglasses and a ballcap would be all you would need if you "just had to make a Wal-Mart trip"...it is not like they have one person staked out looking for all the banees :rolleyes:

KingRob
07-07-2005, 04:50 AM
Just my opinion, but I don't think there is anything worth stealing at Wal-Mart!:D

injuredinmelee
07-07-2005, 06:56 AM
Maybe this will wake the kids up. Growing up I worked at a ghetto grocery store in Wichita Falls for 2 years and we had to learn quick to spot shoplifters, and how to apprehend them. We had every kind of lifter. The best incident that we ever had is as follows:

My best friend an I are in the meat locker mopping up the floor. In the old stores when you stood at the meat aisle you could see into the meat cutters area and watch them work. We were in the actual locker off to the side. We had a door ont he window where we could see out but this particular lady couldnt see us. As we mopped I happen to look up and out the small window ont he door to the room where we were working and see a woman looking all around her. This is always the first sign. I whispered to my friend to jion me at the window to watch. This particular woman was large and when i say large I mean large. Easily 6'3" and a minimum of 450 lbs. She couldnt walk and simply shuffled her feet when moving the bulk. Sure that no one was watching her this lady selects a ham, that we later discovered weighed 6 lbs, and slides it up underneath her skirt. By this time my buddy and I are in awe. She wedges this ham between her thighs adjusts her moomoo and simply shuffles off.
After a few bruises and black eyes we apprehend this mountain of a woman and get her cornered in the back room. It was all we could do as 17 yr olds along with our 30 odd yr old wimp manager to keep her there while we awaited the arrival of Wichita Falls finest. The owner of the store a 5'6 or 5'7" country boy, strolls into the room his hands in his pocket, whistling what was probably a Dwight Yoakum tune. The country tune apparently sets this goliath gal into even more of a fevor pitch and she rolls towards the owner teeth bared and fist flying. Owner guy steps tot he side avoiding her meat hook and plants a blow right into the gut, half his arm disappearing from view, and drops this cow on the spot.
The cop did finally arrived and the lady ened up with aggravated robbery charges since she fought us and we ended up with a 20 dollar bonus. Woohooo it was so worth it.

CHS_CG
07-07-2005, 07:34 AM
Last year while working at Brookshire Brothers(my first mistake) I was checking one night and we saw this kinda old scruffy lookin dude come in ... and i was talkin to my best friend and was like,"he looks like a winner." just jokin around and stuff (this was like an hr b4 we closed) Well we ended up gettin kinda busy so we went back to work.. and about 5 minutes later we see him come get a buggy.. I am thinkin .. ooook.. and called the office and was like "hey this dude is like kinda freakin me out hes actin weird.." Next thing I know I hear a noise and and look behind me.. this guy is runnin outta BB with a basket of that frozen shimp, there was a good 20-25 bags of this stuff.. well my sacker happened to be the best football player in Somerville so we went chasin after him.. This guy is tryin to get away on a bike with an arm full of shirmp and he sees Kordero goin after him ,,( I am laughin my butt off by this time) and about 2 minutes later Kordero comes back with his bike.. said he went into the woods and he wasnt goin in after him lol.. We all busted up laughin the rest of the night.

Man our Manager was pissed we werent walkin around the store watchin him.. :rolleyes:

Cameronbystander
07-07-2005, 09:27 AM
I have two Wal-Mart stories but one is similar to the one that started this thread.

When my daughter was 15, she was seeing a young man that had been in trouble several times even though we had forbid (ha ha) her to see him any more. One Saturday afternoon, my daughter went to Wal-Mart with my son. About an hour later he called and said that he could not find his sister. We lived about a mile from the supercenter so I rushed up there to search for her. By the time I arrived, the police were there and we searched the store and looked at the store's videos.

After another hour we figured that she had left with this young man so we began looking for them both. My younger son found his car in an apartment complex less than a mile from the Wal-Mart. After I let the air out of all four of his tires, we went to several apartments where we thought they might be. After we left one of the apartments, my son saw this young man running from the apartment. We caught up with him and he told us where my daughter was.

This was just one of the many episodes that these two put us through in the next year and a half. I do not have good memories for this time.

Oh, and BTW, he is now my son-in-law and they have two children. I still want to choke him every time I see him but he is getting better.

pirate4state
07-07-2005, 09:35 AM
Originally posted by Cameronbystander
Oh, and BTW, he is now my son-in-law and they have two children. I still want to choke him every time I see him but he is getting better. :eek: LOL!

AP Panther Fan
07-07-2005, 09:48 AM
Originally posted by Cameronbystander
Oh, and BTW, he is now my son-in-law and they have two children. I still want to choke him every time I see him but he is getting better.

ROFL....Dads and daughters!:D

NHSRattler60
07-07-2005, 11:54 AM
I was working at the Brookshire brothers here (i agree T, big mistake) and I was a closing sacker that night. Well The stockers had already gone home and only one cashier was up at the front. Like normal i hear "David, Walk the store please, David, Walk the store" I'm walking the store (to find out how many people are left) there a couple with a baby, and a guy with a little hand basket. Well the couple with the baby are done and mosey on up to the register and I'm sacking. Well it's past 10 and the automatic doors are off, so you have to open them manually. Well I let the couple out, watch to make sure no one slips out of the shadows then turn to the register. 10 more minutes go by and the guy still isn't done. All of a sudden, while me and the cashier are talking about college the guy makes a mad dash for the door. I mean he is hauling butt. I guess not realizing the doors are off runs right into them head first. I don't know how long he was out but he didn't wake up in the store.

AP Panther Fan
07-07-2005, 11:59 AM
Originally posted by NHSRattler60
I was working at the Brookshire brothers here (i agree T, big mistake) and I was a closing sacker that night. Well The stockers had already gone home and only one cashier was up at the front. Like normal i hear "David, Walk the store please, David, Walk the store" I'm walking the store (to find out how many people are left) there a couple with a baby, and a guy with a little hand basket. Well the couple with the baby are done and mosey on up to the register and I'm sacking. Well it's past 10 and the automatic doors are off, so you have to open them manually. Well I let the couple out, watch to make sure no one slips out of the shadows then turn to the register. 10 more minutes go by and the guy still isn't done. All of a sudden, while me and the cashier are talking about college the guy makes a mad dash for the door. I mean he is hauling butt. I guess not realizing the doors are off runs right into them head first. I don't know how long he was out but he didn't wake up in the store.

LOL...that should top the list of America's Dumbest Criminals!:D

gobblerfan02
07-07-2005, 12:16 PM
Originally posted by cat dog horse
MARGRET!!!!!!!!!

what are we gonna do with her?

Well, to answer that question, I wanted to beat her to death. I find that the whole ordeal was so funny, it was stupid! I guess to finish off the story, the girls' parents have decided to take them down to the juvenile provation officer so he can have a talk w/ 'em, scare 'em a little bit more. I wanted to buy tickets to see 'em get cussed out last night, my aunt is one of those that doesn't let anything slip if you know what I mean, kinda felt sorry for both of 'em.

District303aPastPlayer
07-07-2005, 12:43 PM
i was walking along in HEB in corpus one day, with my friend Clay, lookin for some BBQ meat. so we went through the typical aisles, charcoal, soda, beer, napkins, and then to teh meat. Well, we see this scraggly lookin guy just kinda hangin around, so i turn to clay and say "that dude has about 50 bucks worth of meat in his jacket." mind you, this is the middle of spring break, so everyone is in bikinis and board shorts, while this guy is in one HEAVY looking jacket. Sure enough... no less than 2 minutes later, store security has about 50-75 bucks worth of meat in a small hand basket that was in this guys jacket.

--------------------------------------------------

When i worked HEB Oak Park in San Antonio, we had 4 exits. Well, i was working one of the side exits at the quick check, and this guy comes through my line with his kid and a stroller. Well, i check the groceries he puts on the belt, and he leaves. THe next two customers then tell me, he just stole a brisket, a 12 pack of soda, a loaf of bread, BBQ sauce and a whole lot of other stuff for a nice sunday dinner. I call my manager and 3 of them go running after "a guy with a cart.(thats what they heard)" they come back and tell me that they only say a russian lookin guy with a baby stroller.... yeah... that was him.... he used his kids stroller to store food... i still get hot thinkin about that to this day

AP Panther Fan
07-07-2005, 12:52 PM
Several years back, the Wal-Mart in Aransas Pass conducted a huge "sting" operation. Not only were customers doing the stealing, but the employees were making off with some major electronics through the automotive section. Needless to say, they set up surveillance and caught them all on tape.;)

BIG BLUE DEFENSIVE END
07-07-2005, 01:40 PM
A few years back, the Wal-Mart in Hearne had to be closed down because not only were there customers shoplifting, but employees were as well. People would just grab a TV and walk out of the store...I think that it was the first and only Wal-Mart in the United States to be closed down because of theft. They've since changed the building into the new Hearne High School....

lepfan
07-07-2005, 03:00 PM
Originally posted by BIG BLUE DEFENSIVE END
I think that it was the first and only Wal-Mart in the United States to be closed down because of theft.

We used to make that comment and laugh every time we drove by that store....sad isn't it.

lepfan
07-07-2005, 03:04 PM
There is a drive thru convience store in LG that fired an employee because they put up survelience cameras...they did not catch a thief...they pretty much taped a good "show"----I think it was a beer man and the worker in the cooler. Worker got fired...I think the distributor fired the beer man too! You never know who is watching ya:cool: :doh:

injuredinmelee
07-07-2005, 03:25 PM
Originally posted by lepfan
There is a drive thru convience store in LG that fired an employee because they put up survelience cameras...they did not catch a thief...they pretty much taped a good "show"----I think it was a beer man and the worker in the cooler. Worker got fired...I think the distributor fired the beer man too! You never know who is watching ya:cool: :doh:

Thats kinda hot. but im a perv.

AP Panther Fan
07-07-2005, 03:32 PM
LOL....glad I checked back on this thread!:D

pirate4state
07-07-2005, 03:46 PM
Originally posted by NHSRattler60
I was working at the Brookshire brothers here (i agree T, big mistake) and I was a closing sacker that night. Well The stockers had already gone home and only one cashier was up at the front. Like normal i hear "David, Walk the store please, David, Walk the store" I'm walking the store (to find out how many people are left) there a couple with a baby, and a guy with a little hand basket. Well the couple with the baby are done and mosey on up to the register and I'm sacking. Well it's past 10 and the automatic doors are off, so you have to open them manually. Well I let the couple out, watch to make sure no one slips out of the shadows then turn to the register. 10 more minutes go by and the guy still isn't done. All of a sudden, while me and the cashier are talking about college the guy makes a mad dash for the door. I mean he is hauling butt. I guess not realizing the doors are off runs right into them head first. I don't know how long he was out but he didn't wake up in the store. :doh: Oh, man how long did it take you to stop laughing? :D

Phil C
07-07-2005, 04:13 PM
Years ago I worked at the K-Mart in Galveston. I used to scare the shoplifters by getting on the innercom and saying Security Zone 7 or whatever. My fellow employees were amused but one of the employees had lunch at the Whataburger close by and overheard a girl telling her friend that she had some stuff on her but when she heard my voice it scared her and she dumped the stuff and said man I got out of that store. I got the last laugh. But we did have one dude that stole some boots by discarding his old shoes and putting the boots on. He went to the checkouts and one of the security guards did a silly thing instead of waiting for him to come out the store and told the cashier before he got there and she said "What boots?" Of course that alerted the dude and he ran out of that store so fast and got away as if he were wearing Nikes but I don't think he ever came to that store again. lol

injuredinmelee
07-07-2005, 04:16 PM
at the aforementioned ghetto store i worked at we used to catch homeless guys and drunks int he beer and wine coolers drinking all the time. There were also several half way houses in the neighborhood and group homes for mentally challenged people. there was one guy named ralph that used to come in and try to pay with checks that he made from cut out paper and crayolas.

44INAROW
07-07-2005, 04:24 PM
Originally posted by injuredinmelee
at the aforementioned ghetto store i worked at we used to catch homeless guys and drunks int he beer and wine coolers drinking all the time. There were also several half way houses in the neighborhood and group homes for mentally challenged people. there was one guy named ralph that used to come in and try to pay with checks that he made from cut out paper and crayolas.

I know I shouldn't laugh, but that is funny. Reminds me of the lady who walks the streets of Cuero all day long.. no matter what the weather is.. (she fried her brain on drugs years ago) She walked by my office today in a floor length wool-type coat - just a talking to herself. - She walks into the Doll House Coffee Shop each morning - she walks in one door, grabs a handfull of Sweet and Low and walks out the other door.. They say you can set your watch by her :rolleyes:

pirate4state
07-07-2005, 04:48 PM
Originally posted by 44INAROW
I know I shouldn't laugh, but that is funny. Reminds me of the lady who walks the streets of Cuero all day long.. no matter what the weather is.. (she fried her brain on drugs years ago) She walked by my office today in a floor length wool-type coat - just a talking to herself. - She walks into the Doll House Coffee Shop each morning - she walks in one door, grabs a handfull of Sweet and Low and walks out the other door.. They say you can set your watch by her :rolleyes: Why is it that every town has someone like this? :thinking:

rockdale80
07-07-2005, 05:09 PM
Originally posted by pirate4state
Why is it that every town has someone like this? :thinking:

In Nacogdoches there is a guy in a motorized wheelchair that will drive to the convenience store to buy a 40 oz. malt beverage then drive home. He crosses the busiest street in town that has over 4 lanes of traffic and a turn lane. You have to watch out for that guy because he doesn't wait for the traffic to pass. He just barrels out there.