PDA

View Full Version : How dare those college teams.....

PPHSfan
11-24-2003, 01:12 PM
...schedule a game on Friday, even if it is a Thanksgiving tradition.

I don't see anyone getting mad at UT and A&M for scheduling their game on a Friday. :p

Last time I looked, Jr. High played on Thursdays, Highschool played on Fridays, College Played on Saturdays, and the Millionaires played on Sundays, and Monday night.

Looks to me like if you guys want to CRY about the Sinton Burnet Game being played Friday, you should be complaining to UT and A&M. :D

Owen B
11-24-2003, 01:37 PM
I just posted this on another thread, but it seems appropriate here too...

There are at least 14 other games in 3A-5A scheduled for Friday. Three of them run concurrently with UT vs. A&M, but people travelling to all of them would miss the UT-A&M game. The only complaints I've seen on any of the 4 football forums I follow are from a couple of Burnet fans on this board.

3afan
11-24-2003, 03:07 PM
if you're not an aggie or longhorn your high school game is immensley more important - even if you are an ag or horn that game is not as important as a playoff game IMO ... and since the ags bite this year most hs games will probably be better anyway

kepdawg
11-24-2003, 04:58 PM
I posted on another board and it fits right in here, if I can count correctly, 35 of 60 games this weekend are on Friday.