PDA

View Full Version : Best 3a Stadiums/Fields?

Super_Fan
09-21-2002, 10:43 PM
What are some good Stadiums/Fields in 3a, that you have seen.

TarponRl3k
09-22-2002, 12:08 AM
Originally posted by Super_Fan:
What are some good Stadiums/Fields in 3a, that you have seen.

good fields in 3a?/ HA! are you kidding me? this is a joke, right?
well, I havent seen any. but you probably think im just a scrub that doesnt know what she's talking about, right. WRONG! I had to change my username and Im VERY upset about it. Jacket, matt, bearcat, any of you wanna help me out???

[This message has been edited by TarponRl3k (edited September 22, 2002).]

Dark-Knight
09-22-2002, 12:15 AM
I have to ray Bobcat Field! in Rio Hondo TX.
not many teams have played in our new stadium! Its an awsome stadium!

Dark-Knight
09-22-2002, 12:16 AM
I have to say Bobcat Stadium! I misspelled a word! sorry!

TarponRl3k
09-22-2002, 12:17 AM
Originally posted by Dark-Knight:
I have to say Bobcat Stadium! I misspelled a word! sorry!

you can go back and edit your original message, you know? i just did.

sinton66
09-22-2002, 12:20 AM
R13, you can email them.(moderators)

TarponRl3k
09-22-2002, 12:35 AM
i know, don't confuse me by saying the same things on different posts like you did yesterday!

travis
09-22-2002, 12:58 AM
I don't know about the best stadiums, but I can say that Elgin's stadium has got to rank among the worst.

I was dissapointed that the biggest school in 3A does not even have enough visitor seating to accomodate a slightly larger than average size visitor with an average turnout.

There were only 5 rows of seating spanning the length of the field on the visitor's side, and on top of that the Elgin band was on the Visitor's side taking up about 15-20 yards of seating near the endzone.

Most of the visitor's side was standing room only, not a big problem for us students who prefer to stand most of the game anyway, but it was just uncomfortable. The stands are no more than 10 feet from the boundary line of the field, which leaves little room for the players, water coolers, and cheerleaders on the sideline.

TarponRl3k
09-22-2002, 01:02 AM
The Old Stadium in Port Isabel was a pretty good stadium. But now all that's there is...anyway, the new stadium isn't great. The old one was VERY accomodating though. And townspeople could even bring out lawnchairs and watch from the fence. The pressbox was a nice one too. The track was actually blue (our color) as opposed to a maroonish red (our biggest rival's color) on the track at our new stadium. I liked our Old Stadium better, if we still had it, I would have to say it's one of the best I've been in....when it comes to 3a of course.

Bull Butter
09-22-2002, 01:08 AM
Originally posted by TarponRl3k:
[B] The track was actually blue (our color) as opposed to a maroonish red (our biggest rival's color) on the track at our new stadium.B]

Yeah, I wish they wouldn't have made the track La Feria's colors http://bbs.3adownlow.com/ubb/wink.gif

District303aPastPlayer
09-22-2002, 02:05 AM
for the small town that it is, sintons facilities have got to be some of the best in the coastal bend. I know that we take big pride in presenting ourselves as a class act in sinton. From our white shirt, khakis, and ties in our pre-game meal, to our uniforms during pre-game warm ups, we try to be a step above.

Kool Tarpon 21
09-22-2002, 12:01 PM
The Bobcat Stadium looks a lot like the Eliseo Villareal Memorial Stadium. It's similar.

Kool Tarpon 21
09-22-2002, 12:02 PM
Just in case you don't know what stadium that is, it's the Port Isabel Stadium.

TarponRl3k
09-22-2002, 03:02 PM
Originally posted by Kool Tarpon 21:
Just in case you don't know what stadium that is, it's the Port Isabel Stadium.

not quite yet, missile. and our old stadiume was 10 times better than the piece of junk we have now.

PPHSfan
09-22-2002, 03:15 PM
Sanger has a new Stadium this year and it's pretty nice. The runway to the visitor seating is narrow but once you get to the seating it is nicer than alot of home sides I have seen. The field is nice too. We were there at the Grand Opening and Sanger went out of their way to christen the new stadium properly. Shame we had to beat them though. :-)

BigRedfan
09-22-2002, 04:35 PM
Best 3a stadiums in East Texas are Jack V MURPHY STADIUM IN Gladewater and the stadium in Spring Hill.Except for the parking lot not being paved I would also say that Meredith Memorial Stadium in Mineola is also nice. They have played host to several playoff games for the smaller schools in this area.

[This message has been edited by BigRedfan (edited September 22, 2002).]

bigcat8
09-22-2002, 05:47 PM
I agree, Elgin needs a new stadium! I hear a new one is a possibility in the near future.
Originally posted by travis:
I don't know about the best stadiums, but I can say that Elgin's stadium has got to rank among the worst.

I was dissapointed that the biggest school in 3A does not even have enough visitor seating to accomodate a slightly larger than average size visitor with an average turnout.

There were only 5 rows of seating spanning the length of the field on the visitor's side, and on top of that the Elgin band was on the Visitor's side taking up about 15-20 yards of seating near the endzone.

Most of the visitor's side was standing room only, not a big problem for us students who prefer to stand most of the game anyway, but it was just uncomfortable. The stands are no more than 10 feet from the boundary line of the field, which leaves little room for the players, water coolers, and cheerleaders on the sideline.

QBKilla
09-22-2002, 06:13 PM
Some of the worst facilities I have ever seen are in Hamshire-Fannett. It really was just pathetic. The scoreboard didn't work and the lights even went out during the game. Plus the stands are just disgusting.

ElMeroMero
09-22-2002, 06:17 PM
The stands were proably flooded that day in H-F since there like only 5 rows up lol.

Tiger Turtle
09-23-2002, 10:34 AM
Sealy has a decent stadium - plenty of good aluminum stands on visitor's side, along with a coaches box (old press box from when home was on that side) with film crew area on top. Field is decent, concession stand by far the best in our district. Lack of parking on visitors' side is biggest problem IMO. Wish we had 25 second play clock displays, but those are scarce in 3A.

toby070
09-23-2002, 11:06 AM
Wimberley's stadium has that awesome field turf, nothing spectacular about the stadium as a whole, but the turf can't be beat

TarponFanInNorthTexas
09-23-2002, 12:16 PM
Originally posted by TarponRl3k:

not quite yet, missile. and our old stadiume was 10 times better than the piece of junk we have now.

I have to agree with her on this one, Missle. The old stadium located in the heart of Port Isabel was MUCH better than the one located in the dust bowl of Port Isabel.

Also, if anything is going to be named after Coach V., it should be a NEW STADIUM BUILT WHERE THE OLD STADIUM ONCE STOOD.....but it won't happen, because daddy Pena and his sorry excuse for a head football coach son decided to tear it down and sell the land to make a quick buck for the district.

Face it, they cared more about money than our longtime tradition that we had built for ourselves at the old stadium. Who knows where Port Isabel football would be now if the Penas were still there........

the claw
09-23-2002, 01:24 PM
In 3A I would have to say Glen Rose has very nice facilities, from football to softball their fields are always nice.

maskedassassin
09-23-2002, 01:49 PM
I would have to go with Groesbeck. Although not as new as it used to be it has turf and good seating. I believe it was the first 3A to have turf also. I would vote Alvarado but they moved up to 4A. Last year in 3A though they had field turf also. New bleachers and press box and the addition of lights this year make it a great place to play.

TarponRl3k
09-23-2002, 04:08 PM
interesting...turf is nice looking but it's hell sometimes

ana
09-23-2002, 05:20 PM
I agree, Elgin's is among the worst.

zztop
09-24-2002, 10:03 AM
Hallettesville has a brand new stadium that is simply amazing. This field is shared by the HISD and the private school Sacred Heart Indians (TAPPS-II). I've been to many stadiums, but nothing compares to the stands, facilities, and the field in Hallettesville. Second to none.
zz

exbccards76'smom
09-24-2002, 10:25 AM
Bridge City Stadium is old, but still in pretty good shape. They redid the seats and built new restroom facilites a couple of years age. Visitors have plenty of seating, but if you want, you can bring a lawnchair and sit around the chain link fencing. The best 3A stadium I have seen is in Diboll. The top 4A stadium around here has to be the new facility in Silsbee. It looks like a college field to me.

ej2525
09-24-2002, 12:37 PM
I have to agree that Hampshire-Fannett has a pretty poor stadium. It has been several years since I last played there. But, the grass in my yard has a better surface and better grass than their football field does. That is my opinion from several years ago when I last played there. I am not sure what it is like today. Visitor stands will not hold squat either. Bridge City plays there this Friday and stand is what the fans better be prepared to do to watch the game.

RBARKER
09-24-2002, 12:51 PM
Barbers Hill has a nice stadium. A couple of years ago they put in new home stands and built a new concesion stand. The home stands have an elevator and also have backs on the seats for season ticket holders. The visitor stands will hold as much if not more than Hampshire's whole stadium. Like ej2525 said Bridge City fans better get their early if they want a seat.

this is the way we ball
09-24-2002, 01:46 PM
Alvarado has field grass turf.

G'ville-PL
09-24-2002, 11:13 PM
I think Gainesville has a nice field, good track, decent sized bleachers. We always have a huge G in the middle of the field, the 20 yard lines r outlined in red, and the endzone is checkered red/white.

DibollFan11
09-24-2002, 11:55 PM
I think Diboll has by far the best stadium because it can seat up to 4 thoudsand visitors an its brand new an you can see the field from every angle because how the stand are. Also the concesion stand are perfect you can get in an out with your food an not spend 30 mins during half time trying to get a drink. Plus we have the 25 sec clocks http://bbs.3adownlow.com/ubb/smile.gif

DibollFan11
09-24-2002, 11:59 PM
I think Diboll has by far the best stadium because it can seat up to 4 thoudsand visitors an 6 on home side an its brand new an you can see the field from every angle because how the stand are. Also the concesion stand are perfect you can get in an out with your food an not spend 30 mins during half time trying to get a drink. Plus we have the 25 sec clocks http://bbs.3adownlow.com/ubb/smile.gif

DibollFan11
09-25-2002, 12:01 AM
I think Diboll has by far the best stadium because it can seat up to 4 thoudsand visitors an 6 on home side an its brand new an you can see the field from every angle because how the stand are. Also the concesion stand are perfect you can get in an out with your food an not spend 30 mins during half time trying to get a drink. Plus we have the 25 sec clocks http://bbs.3adownlow.com/ubb/smile.gif

cts76325i
09-25-2002, 12:16 AM
Castlberry has a greta stadium no nessarily for the facility (which are prettty nice ...new score board and renovations) but the fact that it is exactly 113 steps from the high school and there is a colubian blue water tower bout a hundred yards off in the distance with the words "Home of the fighting lions" enblazon in scarlet.

2001GiddingsLB
09-25-2002, 02:01 AM
giddings has a pretty good one, aluminum both sides, seats quite a number, decent parking, 25 second clocks and such

Titans
09-25-2002, 08:39 AM
Of the one's I've seen:

1. Gladewater
2. Sealy
3. Groesbeck
4. Sweetwater
5. Glen Rose
6. Kennedale
7. Wimberley

I'm certain there are plenty of outstanding fields out there.

Florence, a 2A school near Georgetown, has a fantastic stadium.

bigbearfan
09-25-2002, 08:41 AM
Gladewater HS has excellent facilities...both home AND visitor sides. Nicer than a lot of the 4A (and some 5A) facilities in the area! Many 1A & 2A teams requesting our stadium come playoff time!

BigRedfan
09-25-2002, 10:52 AM
Bigbearfan
Your stadium is very nice. It not only is the site of the smaller classifications come playoff time it has also seen some 3a action come playoff time.

Hope to see you at the game in Winnsboro Friday night. May the best team win.

whtfbplaya
09-25-2002, 02:04 PM
http://www.wcnet.net/whartontigers/TigerStadium.htm

Wharton's got a nice place to play!

[This message has been edited by whtfbplaya (edited September 25, 2002).]

TigerTiger
09-25-2002, 09:21 PM
Gladewater is the best in Northeast Texas
Mineola and Atlanta are also very nice

GoOrange
09-25-2002, 10:27 PM
Though it could have been built for a little more growth since it seats 3,500, "The Swarm" stadium at Caldwell is nice, dual concession stands, clean restrooms (a rarity), strong public address system, great lighting, 25-second end zone clocks, beautiful track and nice press box. A real bonus is that there's thousands of parking spots since it's next to the high school and is used for all sporting events. It hosts playoff games about once or twice every couple of years.
It would be nice to have another 500-1,000 seats added since Caldwell (unlike some nearby schools with harsher fair-weather fans) always has a very impressive crowd to follow its team.
The problem is that Caldwell ISD needs to build a marquee sign off State Highway 21 so people can find it during daytime sporting events since stadium lights aren't needed then. Great baseball facility, too.

G'ville-CH
09-25-2002, 11:18 PM
i think our field is the ****, with the Georgia "G" in the middle, and then Tennesee Checkers in the endzone.....

sweet fan of water
10-22-2002, 09:59 PM
Hold on now guys, yall must not be aware that sweetwater has the highest quality artificial turf that money can buy, plus we dont need to mention that it has one of the best atmospheres with it being a bowl. Gotta give it to the wata.

big daddy russ
10-22-2002, 10:44 PM
nicest 3A field i've been on is probably sinton's. i don't like turf... never really did, and sinton does a great job of keeping their stadium up. always well-manicured and level, no potholes, better-than-adequate seating, well-lit and everything's really easy to get to. they've got a great stadium compared to most 4A schools. also, there are tons of room on the sidelines. gotta love it. i may be a little partial, but the second best stadium in the coastal bend is ingleside's. wink not as nice as sinton's but they've got a level field, a lot of room on the sidelines and the place is very well-lit.

Pudlugger
10-23-2002, 07:21 AM
travis:

Most of the visitor's side was standing room only, not a big problem for us students who prefer to stand most of the game anyway, but it was just uncomfortable. The stands are no more than 10 feet from the boundary line of the field, which leaves little room for the players, water coolers, and cheerleaders on the sideline.Travis you are so right about Elgin. The fact that they put their band in this inadaquate visitor stand is a real insult to the visiting school. One of our louder fans got quite a laugh when he yelled after a fight song from Elgin's band "where's yalls band? We got two of 'em!"
It is tough to go into Elgin and win due largely to the inhospitable environment. The team must dress out in a weight room with no bathrooms , lockers or shower facilities. Fans have to park on the streets. There is a chain link fence no more than 6 feet from the sidelines which players run into often on sweeps. I hear they are building a new school and stadium. Hope they do but next year we play them in La Grange so it won't matter much to us. eek! eek! :rolleyes:

St. Ivender
10-23-2002, 07:31 AM
I have seen no good stadiums in 3A. I went to Bridge City this season and it was a swamp. Newton would have won 60-0 if there had been good footing. The parking was atrocious. It's like the city fathers got together one day and said. "We have an acre, let's build a stadium".

St. Ivender
10-23-2002, 07:39 AM
Diboll's stadium must be fairly new because when I played there you kicked the extra point (and we had a lot of them) into the woods which were immediately behind the goal posts. Players got lost. The stands should have been condemned.

chinasprang
10-23-2002, 08:07 AM
man china spring has a really nice feild. nice looking stands, home and vistor, on the home side we evan have season tiket section with backs on the seats. and a really nice field, it drains really well, the grass is very well takin care of. it's the best out of all the stadiums I've seen this year.

KICKSTAND!
10-23-2002, 11:33 AM
THE MUSTANG BOWL IN SWEETWATER.

THEY PUT THE NEW GRASS TYPE TURF IN THIS SUMMER. GREAT OLD SCHOOL FEEL. LOTS OF STANDING AND CAN FILL THE BLEACHERS AT BIG GAMES.

hey hey hey!!!
10-23-2002, 11:37 AM
St. Ivender,

You just haven't been to the right place. I would put Gladewater's up against any other 3A stadium in the state. Word has it that they nearly added the turf grass this summer.

Z motion 10 out on 2
10-24-2002, 08:28 PM
Sweetwater has a nice feild. It is a bowl with new real-grass turf or something like that...you wear cleats on it. The colors are bright and it is nice. I enjoyed watching the Vernon /Sweetwater game there~ not a bad seat in the joint.

Z motion 10 out on 2
10-24-2002, 08:34 PM
Worst stadium has to be either Bowie or Burkburnet. Burk is a 4A but many of the 5AAA teams play them in non-district. That school waters the field with sewer water...gross~ You also can't hear the stadium announcer. Also Bowie isn't much better, not enough seating for the visitors. I'm sure Graham, Iowa Park and Vernon have standing room only when they play there~ Speaking of stadium announcers Iowa Park has the best I have ever heard. He does a great job.