PDA

View Full Version : Softball Pitchers and Projections for next season-discussion

Old Cardinal
07-05-2005, 05:04 PM
I see a lot of the 3A HS players on their various select teams--I will be in Spring, TX for one of the State Championship Tournaments next weekend and a National Tournament in Mississippi the following weekend.
There are some great Pitchers coming up in 3A. To name a few:
Kayla Camille-- Hamshire-Fannett--Senior
Kimmy Lee--LaGrange-Junior
Chandler Hall--Barbers Hill--Sophomore
Samantha Cummings--Shepherd--Senior
Christina Ratcliff--Orangefield--Sophomore
Shandi Conner--Bridge City-- Sophomore
Jamie Wilson--Rusk--Senior
Elena Clinton--Bridge City--Senior
Casie Everitt--Splendora--Junior
Rebecca Ragsdale--West Orange Stark--Freshman

Please submit the Pitchers for the various other teams across the state for next year and their class age.

I am just wondering if Van HS has back either Cara Hulme or Brandi Dalme? With Brandi Crnkovic at Caldwell graduated who will pitch?
Were Haley Martin at Borger; Lauren Vesely at Sealy; Toni Ellis at Rockdale; Alicia Bonner at Sweeny-- all graduated?....

Anyone for a little softball discussion??

Old Tiger
07-05-2005, 05:20 PM
Toni is going to be a senior and we have a good pitcher coming back in Sammie Meyer(only 2 losses i think)

Old Tiger
07-05-2005, 05:23 PM
Rockdale will be if not better than they were this past season

Old Cardinal
07-05-2005, 05:58 PM
Rockdale and LaGrange ought to have some exciting SB games this next season. Do you know what teams your Pitchers and other girls will play for in the off-season select programs? I would like to watch them play at the Tournaments.
Bellville?, Needville?, Navasota? will they have their same Pitchers back?

18handicap
07-05-2005, 07:34 PM
Sweeny lost Alicia Bonner to graduation. She will be pitching for Jackson State University in the spring.

Needville also lost both of the Pumphrey twins (Kathleen and Jenna). I have heard they were either going to A&M Kingsville or A&M Corpus Christi.

LaGrange also has another good pitcher who will be a senior this year named Mandi Bertsch. I hear we'll have a good one, two combo next year.

BHBrave08
07-05-2005, 07:41 PM
WOOHOO!! Go Chandler!!

Old Tiger
07-05-2005, 08:22 PM
Sammie Meyer pitches for Texas Terminators

RBARKER
07-06-2005, 07:37 AM
If I'm not mistaking Barbers Hill will only lose one player from this years ranked team.

18handicap
07-06-2005, 11:12 AM
Don't forget that the Columbia pitcher, Cami Newsome was just a freshman last season, so she should have 3 more great years for the Lady Necks.

Old Cardinal
07-06-2005, 02:13 PM
To RBARKER: I think you are right about BH having lost only one player, they look real strong again next year. Bridge City lost two Seniors Meagan Godwin(Pitcher/Centerfielder) to Louisiana Lafayette University and Kaliegh Wallace our right fielder.
I saw Splendora play BH last year and it was a good game. Casie Everitt the Pitcher for Splendora(also the Montgomery County Elite Gold {along with Samantha Cummins-Shepherd}) is an up-and-comer also. Splendora has a bunch of young fast players coming back.
Again, any of a dozen Region III teams can end up in the State Tournament all with a good chance as in most years past to win the 3A Championship. At this point I would say that Billy Hicks and the LaGrange team are the frontrunner; but they will be challenged in Region III.
It would be interesting if others would submit info on how many players graduated from their respective teams?

BTEXDAD
07-06-2005, 02:47 PM
Originally posted by Old Cardinal
Bellville?, Needville?, Navasota? will they have their same Pitchers back?

Needville's pitcher(s) graduated from what I understand. Navasota's main pitcher was only freshman, so will have three more years.
Bellville's two main pitchers will be back. Both will be juniors. Lauren Luetge and Brittany Pieper. Bellville has 8 starters back and we plan to give La Grange trouble, provided we can hit La Grange's pitching( which is easier said than done).
Sealy's pitcher will be back as a junior, Sarah Holub. Lauren Vesely was catcher, she graduated.

hookandladder
07-06-2005, 02:50 PM
Originally posted by BTEXDAD
Needville's pitcher(s) graduated from what I understand. Navasota's main pitcher was only freshman, so will have three more years.
Bellville's two main pitchers will be back. Both will be juniors. Lauren Luetge and Brittany Pieper. Bellville has 8 starters back and we plan to give La Grange trouble, provided we can hit La Grange's pitching( which is easier said than done).
Sealy's pitcher will be back as a junior, Sarah Holub. Lauren Vesely was catcher, she graduated.

Old Tiger
07-06-2005, 02:54 PM
Hey OC, two of Rockdale's players play for Texas Terminators(gold) - Caitlyn Luetge and Toni Ellis. Two others play for Texas Terminators(A) - Sammie Meyer and Kylie Fatheree. I was told that the gold is for the really awesome players and they go to tourneys where all the college scouts are and A is the second best.

hookandladder
07-06-2005, 02:56 PM
To RBARKER: I think you are right about BH having lost only one player, they look real strong again next year. Bridge City lost two Seniors Meagan Godwin(Pitcher/Centerfielder) to Louisiana Lafayette University and Kaliegh Wallace our right fielder.
I saw Splendora play BH last year and it was a good game. Casie Everitt the Pitcher for Splendora(also the Montgomery County Elite Gold {along with Samantha Cummins-Shepherd}) is an up-and-comer also. Splendora has a bunch of young fast players coming back.
Again, any of a dozen Region III teams can end up in the State Tournament all with a good chance as in most years past to win the 3A Championship. At this point I would say that Billy Hicks and the LaGrange team are the frontrunner; but they will be challenged in Region III.
It would be interesting if others would submit info on how many players graduated from their respective teams?

La Grange has some good players back, but also lost 4 key seniors. Rockdale makes State tournment in 06. Vann wins State Championship. Pitcher for Vann best in 3 A.

Old Tiger
07-06-2005, 02:59 PM
Rockdale lost a centerfielder, second baseman, and a pitcher. But we have a lot coming back and the positions will be filled by some girls brought up from the JV who won district.

BTEXDAD
07-06-2005, 03:02 PM
Originally posted by hookandladder
La Grange has some good players back, but also lost 4 key seniors. Rockdale makes State tournment in 06. Vann wins State Championship. Pitcher for Vann best in 3 A.
So the Van pitcher is back, hook&ladder?
She must have been tough to hold La Grange to one run. La grange was pretty much pounding the ball against everyone in the playoffs, but you are right in that la grange lost four very good seniors.

Old Tiger
07-06-2005, 03:03 PM
I think 3 of those 4 seniors from La Grange has been on varsity since their freshmen year.

Old Cardinal
07-06-2005, 03:59 PM
Wow Tiger WR: I can attest to the fact that those 4 (now graduated) LG players can hit. I looked at my notes on the BC/LG games and they were just awesome. I hope they got some good scholarship offers. They could hit our Senior All-state pitching-- we could not hit Kimmy Lee, it was just that simple.

Lets get down to some specifics on out respective teams: I will start--
Bridge City will be lead by now Junior All State Catcher Christina Jacques(as a Sophomore) who batted near .800 for the season.
At pitching, we have two seasoned select teamers with very different styles: Senior Eleana Clinton(Texas Thunder) who pitched two perfect games against weaker District HS opponents. Also, now Sophomore Shandi Conner(Beaumont Blast Red) had the distinction of pitching, as a Freshman, a one hit win over Kelly HS the TAPPS 5A State Champion (who lost only a couple of games all year against mostly stiff competition). Conner also pitched a one hitter against 5A Lake Charles, LA Barbe HS who was ranked #5 Nationally at the time.
This very young team coasted four deep into the playoffs only to fall totally apart against the solid team hitting and the great pitching of Kimmy Lee of LG.

Can we hear some facts & projection details about your team that you follow?

Incidently, the "Mother of all Softball Tournaments" some 150 + or -... 18 & U top teams will compete at the Ford Park Complex Beaumont for the covented AFA National Championship-- again this summer. If you want to see many of the best 3A girls in action on top-flight select teams from across the state this is a great opportunity. There will be teams from every state and territory representated.

eagleman
07-06-2005, 04:03 PM
Canyon returns bulk of team including the Boaldin sisters; Hannah was the ace pitcher for the Eagles, posting a 29-4-1 record. She'll be one to watch as the year progresses next year.

Old Cardinal
07-06-2005, 04:16 PM
Eagleman: I had heard that Canyon was the team to watch in Region I. I also heard a rumor that Coach Misty Shaklee at Borger was accepting a job in Oklahoma--did that happen? What does Borger and also West HS look like to you?
In Region II, two strong teams stand out--Coach Michelle Smith at Lindale has an outstanding arsenal coming back and Van has some position question spots; but prime pitching makes them a strong contender anyway.

hookandladder
07-06-2005, 05:03 PM
Originally posted by Tiger WR
I think 3 of those 4 seniors from La Grange has been on varsity since their freshmen year.

Only one of the four seniors had a real interest in playing after High School. La Grange success has not come from an overwhelming amount of Division I recruits, but from good, hard working athletes wanting to do their best for their high school team.

hookandladder
07-06-2005, 05:27 PM
The Van girl was by far, above and beyond any pitching LG saw through the playoffs. Nothing was close, but district rival Caldwell's Crnovic (sp?). She is a "dominant" pitcher.She will definitely be highly recruited and out for revenge next season.

Old Cardinal
07-06-2005, 07:34 PM
Someone made comments about "Gold teams", "Select teams", and "A teams". That is a very blurred issue indeed!
It appears any team-- even sorry teams-- can call them selves "Gold" teams. It's a self-appointed nameplate.
At one time, the ASA affiliation came up with a "gold team" tournament and folks jumped on board with re-names.
AFA however is the most prominate for 16 &U and 18 & U; while ASA is more for the younger leagues. Most teams just play in ANY of the games of the 6 named affiliates that dominate Select softball now.
The AFA 18 & U is the big one. I noticed that the self-named gold teams do not fare as well as the other select teams at the yearly tournament.
I know last year the Blast 18 & U(one of the three Beaumont Blast 18 & U) teams came in second in the Nationals--they don't call themselves a "gold team" but they also beat these "gold teams" when they go to the ASA Nationals--go figure?.
The select team issue is quite phenomenal in that there are some great long-standing teams with quality traditional nameplates. The first one was the Conroe Hawks.
On the other hand, there is always someone trying to entice players to come on board a "new team" many of these new teams don't last very long after they see they are in fact way out of their league.
Every once in a while down our way there is local tournament for younger players where the area league All Star teams take on the Select teams--I have never seen an All Star team beat a select team.

hookandladder
07-06-2005, 09:14 PM
Wow Tiger WR: I can attest to the fact that those 4 (now graduated) LG players can hit. I looked at my notes on the BC/LG games and they were just awesome. I hope they got some good scholarship offers. They could hit our Senior All-state pitching-- we could not hit Kimmy Lee, it was just that simple.

Lets get down to some specifics on out respective teams: I will start--
Bridge City will be lead by now Junior All State Catcher Christina Jacques(as a Sophomore) who batted near .800 for the season.
At pitching, we have two seasoned select teamers with very different styles: Senior Eleana Clinton(Texas Thunder) who pitched two perfect games against weaker District HS opponents. Also, now Sophomore Shandi Conner(Beaumont Blast Red) had the distinction of pitching, as a Freshman, a one hit win over Kelly HS the TAPPS 5A State Champion (who lost only a couple of games all year against mostly stiff competition). Conner also pitched a one hitter against 5A Lake Charles, LA Barbe HS who was ranked #5 Nationally at the time.
This very young team coasted four deep into the playoffs only to fall totally apart against the solid team hitting and the great pitching of Kimmy Lee of LG.

Can we hear some facts & projection details about your team that you follow?

Incidently, the "Mother of all Softball Tournaments" some 150 + or -... 18 & U top teams will compete at the Ford Park Complex Beaumont for the covented AFA National Championship-- again this summer. If you want to see many of the best 3A girls in action on top-flight select teams from across the state this is a great opportunity. There will be teams from every state and territory representated.

800, batting average-OC get real, the quality of teams BC played must not have good pitching or the score keeper is padding the stats.

18handicap
07-06-2005, 11:01 PM
Old Cardinal,
I plan on trying to get to the Golden Triangle to watch some of my players play in the AFA Nationals. I don't how if I'm going for 1 day or more -- just have to see how the bank account is doing (whether or not my house has sold yet!!). I'll PM you with my phone number and I'll try to sit and visit with you for a little while.

lepfan
07-06-2005, 11:39 PM
Hook...which four graduated this year? (I can think of one for sure...I am to lazy to get up and look in the yearbook) Time gets away quickly and then we look up and they are gone...

hookandladder
07-07-2005, 08:45 AM
Originally posted by 18handicap
Old Cardinal,
I plan on trying to get to the Golden Triangle to watch some of my players play in the AFA Nationals. I don't how if I'm going for 1 day or more -- just have to see how the bank account is doing (whether or not my house has sold yet!!). I'll PM you with my phone number and I'll try to sit and visit with you for a little while.

Berger, Cernoch, Schramm and Sulik

pirate4state
07-07-2005, 09:08 AM
I like the looks of Sinton's team next year. :) They'll return their entire starting line up and maybe pick up a freshman pitcher. ;) I haven't seen her pitch, but AP Panther Fan has and has told me that she'd make a fine addition to the team. :)

Was out at an All Star game (14 & U) these are all incoming freshman and I was impressed with some of these young girls. Nice fundementals and good hitting!! Future looks bright. :clap:

AP Panther Fan
07-07-2005, 09:11 AM
Originally posted by pirate4state
but AP Panther Fan has and has told me that she'd make a fine addition to the team. :)

TRUST ME...she will! ;) :D

Old Cardinal
07-07-2005, 10:57 AM
To Hook&Ladder: Twice you have made two caustic personal attacks on the HS girls that were the Catcher and Pitcher for BC. Now by inference you have made another derogatory spin remark about the Catcher and now all the HS girls that were on the other side of the Region III brackets. Please, these girls are trying their best to play at their best efforts. It's the adult thing to do. As to Christina's stats I am just quoting a local article.......Attack me all you want Sir, but lay off the caustic snipes at the girls...
Thank you

hookandladder
07-07-2005, 12:35 PM
To Hook&Ladder: Twice you have made two caustic personal attacks on the HS girls that were the Catcher and Pitcher for BC. Now by inference you have made another derogatory spin remark about the Catcher and now all the HS girls that were on the other side of the Region III brackets. Please, these girls are trying their best to play at their best efforts. It's the adult thing to do. As to Christina's stats I am just quoting a local article.......Attack me all you want Sir, but lay off the caustic snipes at the girls...
Thank you

My comments by no means is an attack to the catcher, I'am however questioning the 800 batting average. The catcher for BC is definitely a quaility ballplayer. I just have never heard of any ballplayer( Baseball or Softball) to have ever even come close to this average for an entire year. You seem to always come up with something better than everyone else. Your overall knowledge of the softball game is amazing, you must be a great coach.