PDA

View Full Version : Trivia in celebration of Phil C's 5000th posts

Phil C
07-05-2005, 10:51 AM
I will ask five questions about myself and see if anyone knows the answer. No. 5 may be a toughie. Five points per question.

1. Name Phil C's favorite high school sport?

2. Name Phil C's favorite college sport and which team he supports? Hint: sport not same as no. 1

3. What does Phil C always wear to sporting events?

4. What is Phil C's favorite movie?

5. What is Phil C's favorite recent movie though not caught up with No. 4?

Keith7
07-05-2005, 11:04 AM
1. football?
2. Softball/Texas
3. Spurs Hat
4. Dawn at Soccorro
5. Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles 2 - Return of the Ooze

AP Panther Fan
07-05-2005, 11:08 AM
Originally posted by Phil C
I will ask five questions about myself and see if anyone knows the answer. No. 5 may be a toughie. Five points per question.

1. Name Phil C's favorite high school sport? Softball

2. Name Phil C's favorite college sport and which team he supports? Hint: sport not same as no. 1 Women's Soccer (Isn't it a school in Mexico, Argentina or somewhere????)

3. What does Phil C always wear to sporting events? SA Spurs Cap

4. What is Phil C's favorite movie? Dawn at Soccorro

5. What is Phil C's favorite recent movie though not caught up with No. 4? arrrggh (this one is tough) let me think about it.....

District303aPastPlayer
07-05-2005, 11:12 AM

1. Name Phil C's favorite high school sport? Girls Softball

2. Name Phil C's favorite college sport and which team he supports? UT, and College Womens Soccer

3. What does Phil C always wear to sporting events? Black spurs hat, and if its cold, a long black trench coat.

4. What is Phil C's favorite movie? Dawn at Soccorro

5. What is Phil C's favorite recent movie though not caught up with No. 4? Phantom of the Opera

AP Panther Fan
07-05-2005, 11:16 AM
Originally posted by District303aPastPlayer
5. What is Phil C's favorite recent movie though not caught up with No. 4? Phantom of the Opera

YESSSS! You beat me to it!

Magnificient Movie!

I saw a great movie tonight and you may be thinking what old movie is old Phil C going to talk about now but I have a surprise. This movie is a fairly new movie that was made last year and is The Phantom of the Opera! It is the musical remake of the old movie and the broadway musica and it is fantastic (and remember I don't usually care for musicals). It is great and I highly recommend you don't miss it. It is on pay for view on tv now or you can rent it at your local movie rental stores. You will be glad you did. Of course it isn't as good as the old 1924 Lon Channey versition but hey that was a great silent movie of it's time. But this remake is very excellent and I know you will all enjoy it!

Thank you PPHSfan and Keith7!

Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged
Old Post 06-17-2005 11:10 PM
PhiI C is offline Click Here to See the Profile for PhiI C Click here to Send PhiI C a Private Message Find more posts by PhiI C Add PhiI C to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote

Phil C
All-American

Member #: 500

I really enjoyed this movie. Of course not as much as Dawn at Socorro but still a great movie indeed. And I usually don't care much for musicals. This movie is available at rental stores so don't miss it if you don't want to watch it on pay for view.

Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged
Old Post 06-20-2005 10:29 AM
Phil C is online now Click Here to See the Profile for Phil C Click here to Send Phil C a Private Message Find more posts by Phil C Add Phil C to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote

District303aPastPlayer
07-05-2005, 11:23 AM
i saw phil at the movie gallery here in sinton on sunday, so he recommended that movie. i knew it as soon as he posted the question.

Phil C
07-05-2005, 11:25 AM
Right you are District!! You were close AP! I told you the last one would be a toughie. Also District had an advantage I forgot because I saw him at the movie store the other night and highly recommended no. 5. He paid attention! Good job by both of you.

District303aPastPlayer
07-05-2005, 11:26 AM
we need more Phil C trivia...

AP Panther Fan
07-05-2005, 11:31 AM
we need more Phil C trivia...

:clap: :clap: :clap:

So what was the actual answer to #2. I don't believe I got that one correct...
:mad:

Phil C
07-05-2005, 11:37 AM
By request here are a few more. Some may be difficult!

1. Name Phil C's favorite pro basketball team?

2. Name Phil C's favorite pro football team?

3. What is Phil C. also known as in Sinton? ;)

4. Since Sinton baseball team had an open date he went to a baseball game in Mathis. He led a cheer for what team since Sinton wasn't playing?

5. What does Phil call to Lady Pirate's softball players during a game? Hint: Go _______! :) Also he has been known to do the same thing at Sinton girls volleyball and basketball.

District303aPastPlayer
07-05-2005, 11:59 AM
1. Name Phil C's favorite pro basketball team? San Antonio Spurs

2. Name Phil C's favorite pro football team? Dallas Cowboys

3. What is Phil C. also known as in Sinton? ;) Sinton GodFather

4. Since Sinton baseball team had an open date he went to a baseball game in Mathis. He led a cheer for what team since Sinton wasn't playing? Aransas Pass

5. What does Phil call to Lady Pirate's softball players during a game? Hint: Go _______! :) Also he has been known to do the same thing at Sinton girls volleyball and basketball. Hitas aka Mijitas...

Phil C
07-05-2005, 12:09 PM
Very good District! You got 'em again and this time there was no passing advantage like the prior No. 5! Excelente Bien!!

District303aPastPlayer
07-05-2005, 12:12 PM
Originally posted by Phil C
Very good District! You got 'em again and this time there was no passing advantage like the prior No. 5! Excelente Bien!!

watching you at a game is an advantage... Cmon Jitas...

AP Panther Fan
07-05-2005, 12:52 PM
watching you at a game is an advantage... Cmon Jitas...

LOL....I knew all of them! Woo Hoo....and yes, I also had the advantage of seeing (hearing) him cheer his girls on at a game.:D :D :D

4. Since Sinton baseball team had an open date he went to a baseball game in Mathis. He led a cheer for what team since Sinton wasn't playing? Aransas Pass

I sat by him during that game...the cheer was 2 bits! He also traveled to Beeville and watched us beat Hondo in the first round of the playoffs (since Sinton had a bye the first round).

District...do you know what his "other" cap says? He was wearing it rather than his Spurs cap in Beeville!

Rabbit'93
07-05-2005, 01:02 PM
As I was reading this thread I realized something. I think I know More about Phil C than I do some of my neighbors. And I've never even met the guy. AND he lives hundreds of miles away.

Congrats on 5000 Phil/PhiI. You're a great asset to this board.:D :clap: :clap:

Phil C
07-05-2005, 02:27 PM
Originally posted by Rabbit'93
As I was reading this thread I realized something. I think I know More about Phil C than I do some of my neighbors. And I've never even met the guy. AND he lives hundreds of miles away.

Congrats on 5000 Phil/PhiI. You're a great asset to this board.:D :clap: :clap:

Thank you Rabbit! It is true that even though most of us may never meet each other in real life we have got to know each other on the 3A downlow here and it is like family.

Now for some more questions and some of these may be tough.

1. Name Phil C's favorite college baseball player.

2. Name Phil C's favorite college softball player.

3. What Big 12 tournament event in November does Phil C.
hope to attend?

4. What disgrace was the Sinton GodFather recently
involved in?

5. What unusual thing does Phil C do at the high school
girls' volleyball games? (This may be tough!)

Phil C
07-05-2005, 02:47 PM
I forgot to commend Keith for doing a great job of answering also.

BHBrave08
07-05-2005, 02:58 PM
3. What does Phil C always wear to sporting events? Black spurs hat, and if its cold, a long black trench coat.

Well I guess if I ever see you at a game I will know for sure it's you. No one else will be wearing that stuff. lol. Congrats agian.

Phil C
07-05-2005, 03:05 PM
Originally posted by BHBrave08
Well I guess if I ever see you at a game I will know for sure it's you. No one else will be wearing that stuff. lol. Congrats agian.

Thank you BH. I have met more downlow members wearing that hat because it makes me an easy spot. :)

AP Panther Fan
07-05-2005, 03:20 PM
1. Adrian Alaniz
2. Cat Osterman
3. ?
4. Didn't you almost get kicked out of a sofball game with the rest of the Sinton fans?:D
5. Not fair...I haven't seen you at volleyball games (give me 2 more years).:p

Phil C
07-05-2005, 03:40 PM
Originally posted by AP Panther Fan
1. Adrian Alaniz
2. Cat Osterman
3. ?
4. Didn't you almost get kicked out of a sofball game with the rest of the Sinton fans?:D
5. Not fair...I haven't seen you at volleyball games (give me 2 more years).:p

Very good! Three out of five isn't bad. Actually though on no. 3 there was no almost because the umpire kicked everyone out including both sides! It was at a little league game with Sinton leading 22 to 1 I think.

TheDOCTORdre
07-05-2005, 04:01 PM
Originally posted by Keith7

5. Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles 2 - Return of the Ooze
its "The Secret of the Ooze"

Phil C
07-06-2005, 03:40 PM
I guess 3 and 5 are stumper. Regarding 3 in November the Big 12 have their womens' soccer tournament in San Antonio :) and I try to go there. In No. 5 I always sit behind the Sinton team and when they change sides I follow them and sit behind them again. It has got to where it is expected.

Two more questions: No. 2 may be very tough indeed!

1. Phil C flys a windlow flag on his truck around town lately. What is the flag?

2. Who is Phil C's favorite baseball player that plays for Aransas Pass High School? :)