PDA

View Full Version : Out of all of the teams you saw play this past year, who was the best?

Gobbla2001
07-04-2005, 05:54 PM
I have a tie... Abilene High and SLC... SLC beat AHS in the playoffs, but it was a pretty close game...

How about you?

lostaussie
07-04-2005, 06:00 PM
being a homer, i should say gilmer. but actually the best team i saw play in person was kilgore. the dogs were bada$$.

Bobcatwideout
07-04-2005, 06:01 PM
SLC

sicem74
07-04-2005, 06:20 PM
i think cameron yoe 1-9 to 11-2

WOS92
07-04-2005, 06:24 PM
Does TV count? I watched SLC when it aired nationally.

Gobbla2001
07-04-2005, 06:24 PM
Originally posted by sicem74
i think cameron yoe 1-9 to 11-2

That is an awesome turn-around, no doubt...

lostaussie
07-04-2005, 06:25 PM
Originally posted by sicem74
i think cameron yoe 1-9 to 11-2 so because of a great turnaround, that makes them the best team you saw. evidently you were not at the 2 games they lost.

Old Tiger
07-04-2005, 06:31 PM
WO-S lol

Truthfully....SLC

Pmoney
07-04-2005, 07:01 PM
Gilmer....i never saw SLC or AHS

PhiI C
07-04-2005, 07:11 PM
In high school football last year I would choose Cuero over everyone. We played them one of the greatest games ever during the season and had a chance to possibly pull off an upet. Cuero had a great team and could score from anywhere. If you had them fourth and 25 from their one yard line they were liable to run or pass and make a td from there. They could score from anywhere on the field and they had a good defense. They also beat us in the playoffs too. We also lost to a great Gregory-Portland team that did good in 4A but if I had to choose I think Cuero would have beaten them in a serious game but that is just my opinion. If Cooper had played last year in the championship game I think that would have been enough to have turned the game the other way.

WOS92
07-04-2005, 07:40 PM
WO-S lol

Classy! Just can't let it go, can ya? :rolleyes:

What about mighty Rockdale?

CHS_CG
07-04-2005, 07:47 PM
SLC.. saw them on tv!

Old Tiger
07-04-2005, 07:49 PM
Originally posted by WOS92
Classy! Just can't let it go, can ya? :rolleyes:

What about mighty Rockdale? lol, don't get me started

CHS_CG
07-04-2005, 07:54 PM
yeah dont get him started PLEASE...

sicem74
07-04-2005, 08:04 PM
lol wow big deal

dutchman
07-04-2005, 08:10 PM
SLC vs. Lufkin.

Many of the Lufkin fans left at halftime, because it seemed SLC could do nothing wrong and scored when they had the ball and Lufkin could not get it going. Lufkin came out after halftime, put their running back Lane at quarterback and attacked SLC wherever he wanted to go. The game literally came down to the last play with Lufkin throwing for a touchdown and SLC knocking the ball down. everyone in the stadium was on their feet the fourth quarter.

wos fan1
07-04-2005, 08:10 PM
Originally posted by Tiger WR
WO-S lol

Truthfully....SLC After this season you won't be laughing when you see Beasley and the boys!! :eyetwitch

LH Panther Mom
07-04-2005, 09:54 PM
For me, it would have to be a toss-up between Cuero & Jasper.

BHBrave08
07-04-2005, 09:56 PM
saw SLC on TV. they were by far the best of the best.

rockdale80
07-04-2005, 10:13 PM
Originally posted by lostaussie
so because of a great turnaround, that makes them the best team you saw. evidently you were not at the 2 games they lost.

He was....Sideline view from the bench....

BHBrave08
07-04-2005, 10:15 PM
lol.:clap: :clap: :clap: :p

Old Cardinal
07-04-2005, 10:57 PM
After months of seeing the typical WO-S bragging on here I have a few comments to make.... I saw a bunch of Bridge City youth that will be getting academic, baseball, cross country and track scholarships-- that were underclassmen kick the Mustangs all over the field in the second half of football play last year LOL.
I realize that WO-S has one of the best HS recruiting machines in football and that will be a factor this coming season, as usual, but I just don't think the hype you are projecting to these 3A D Low nice folks is that accurate.
I think that Kevin Beasley is a good enough football player but I saw with my own eyes BCs Dale Armand out play him at running back last season when they went head-to-head. I saw a BC team handle WO-S into a tie and a simple fumble exchange between the QB & center cost BC an overtime win against "the world's greatest HS football tradition".
BC was quite inconsistant early on but got more stable toward the end of the year. The basic whole team including the backfield is back.
If I were WO-S I think I would worry about someone that might beat you in the District run instead of concerning yourselves as to whether you are a shoo-in for the State Title.
Even with such a good recruiting year, you are going to have to play a real good ball game to take BC by the time the seasons last District game rolls around LOL.

Bulldog_12
07-04-2005, 11:10 PM
Im gonna say Liberty Hill. They were the best TEAM I think we played this year. They really had things together. Can't wait to see you guys this year LHPM.

LH Panther Mom
07-04-2005, 11:14 PM
Originally posted by Bulldog_12
Im gonna say Liberty Hill. They were the best TEAM I think we played this year. They really had things together. Can't wait to see you guys this year LHPM.

I definitely hope that is the case. :) And thank you!

j_dog
07-04-2005, 11:32 PM
Originally posted by Bulldog_12
I would agree. Several teams Jasper played had awesome individual talent, especially Gilmer, but LH was a real TEAM machine! :) Good luck to LH, all the way to the Semi's. :) :D

gobbler84
07-04-2005, 11:33 PM
Palestine was no doubt the best team we played!!

WOS92
07-04-2005, 11:57 PM
Old Cardinal, I see you truly have earned your reputation on this site. That's a shame :rolleyes:

First of all, it's not Kevin Beasley - it's Kenneth Beasley. Second of all, he didn't play running back, he played wide receiver and 10 snaps at quarterback. As QB, he did run every time he had the ball. He averaged 9.8 yards per carry. Armand averaged 7.36. Are you sure you saw the game? Their stats in the game were pretty close, actually, and - guess what? Fumbles are a part of the game. If you can't hold on to the ball, don't pretend you were robbed. We still had to score - so you still could have stopped us.

For being kicked all over the field, we did manage to win -- and to outgain you in yardage.

The basic whole team is back for BC? I see that you have 5/7 returning. That's barely more than half.

As far as us "projecting hype" about Beasley, I haven't once. He's being hyped on rivals.com and in Dave Campbell, so it's not like we're just pulling something out of our butts. And why can't we promote our best weapon? Didn't you just do the exact same thing with Donny Armand? (kidding - I know his name)

After reading a bunch of typical Bridge City crybabying and homering in your post, I'll just move on and say, "See ya at Mustang Stadium."

Bobcatwideout
07-05-2005, 12:09 AM
Well i have played against both beasley and armand... and Kenneth Beasley is for real! I have seen game film on him also and how he returned punts and how much yardage he gained as a QB and a reciever... Armand on the other hand wasnt the story we he played orangefield however... Romero was the leader in rushing in that game for sure.

Plus look at the schedule both of these teams Bridge City's was tough but it wasn't close to West Orange's and Beasley still comes away with the amazing stats for the year...

District303aPastPlayer
07-05-2005, 12:10 AM
Old Cardinal, I see you truly have earned your reputation on this site. That's a shame :rolleyes:

First of all, it's not Kevin Beasley - it's Kenneth Beasley. Second of all, he didn't play running back, he played wide receiver and 10 snaps at quarterback. As QB, he did run every time he had the ball. He averaged 9.8 yards per carry. Armand averaged 7.36. Are you sure you saw the game? Their stats in the game were pretty close, actually, and - guess what? Fumbles are a part of the game. If you can't hold on to the ball, don't pretend you were robbed. We still had to score - so you still could have stopped us.

For being kicked all over the field, we did manage to win -- and to outgain you in yardage.

The basic whole team is back for BC? I see that you have 5/7 returning. That's barely more than half.

As far as us "projecting hype" about Beasley, I haven't once. He's being hyped on rivals.com and in Dave Campbell, so it's not like we're just pulling something out of our butts. And why can't we promote our best weapon? Didn't you just do the exact same thing with Donny Armand? (kidding - I know his name)

After reading a bunch of typical Bridge City crybabying and homering in your post, I'll just move on and say, "See ya at Mustang Stadium."

welcome home :)

WOS92
07-05-2005, 12:17 AM
There ya go Old Card... You may have seen them both, but bobcatwideout has played against them both.

Also, I found this old post of yours, which I found funny when compared to reality:

I saw BCs QB as a Sophomore out play WO-S QB when those two teams met last year.

Actual stats:
Ryan Crouch (WO-S): 9-18-0 for 125
John Dishon (BC): 3-6-0 for 56 yards

You went on in that post to say how Beasley was a great RB (which he has never played) who will be a qb this year, but will never be a college QB. He's already committed to Texas as a WR/CB. It's amazing how much you can write using so little actual knowledge.

It must be neat to live in the world where you live.

District303aPastPlayer
07-05-2005, 12:27 AM
It's amazing how much you can write using so little actual knowledge.

It must be neat to live in the world where you live.

you sure he doesnt write for the Dave Campbell Magazine... it would explain how Perryton got to be ranked so high last year.... and that world he lives in... i wonder what type of smoke the cars emit :)

WOS92
07-05-2005, 12:29 AM
:clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap:

Bobcatwideout
07-05-2005, 12:31 AM
lol

D_bird
07-05-2005, 01:15 AM
Best Team I saw in person: Decatur... the first time they played Abilene Wylie.

Best Team I saw anywhere: SLC on TV

Best game: Aledo vs. Wichita Falls Rider
Class 4A Division II State Quarterfinal game

Old Tiger
07-05-2005, 01:20 AM
WOS92 and wos fan 1 yall should get a since of humor from WOS1....I've said it on other threads "WO-S IS THE BEST TEAM TO EVER STEP ON THE FIELD"

injuredinmelee
07-05-2005, 09:14 AM
by Class
5A: SLC
4A: Stephenville
3A: Abilene Wylie Got to love a scrappy group like that. Other great 3A teams I saw last year were of course Cuero and Decatur.
2A: Canadian
1A: Haskell

WOS92
07-05-2005, 01:25 PM
What is a "since" of humor? :D :p

LH Panther Mom
07-05-2005, 01:28 PM
What is a "since" of humor? :D :p

"Since" you have no humor, he will continue to make fun of you. :p

WOS92
07-05-2005, 01:34 PM
Ohhh come on... If I didn't have a sense of humor, would I really take all that ribbing from Rockdale and Bridge City fans without firing back? I laughed a lot at OC's post. I was just curious about the "since" thing. Maybe Rockdale's English department is right up there with their football team. :p

big daddy russ
07-05-2005, 01:38 PM
I didn't get to see as much HS football as I'd liked to last year, but the best teams came down to Gregory-Portland, A&M Consol and Cuero. In the SINGLE games I saw (they could've been playing down or playing up) I thought G-P edged out Consol and Cuero. BUT, I do think Cuero may have actually been able to take Consol if the two would've played-- provided that they didn't get too tired at the end of the game.

LH Panther Mom
07-05-2005, 01:39 PM
Ohhh come on... If I didn't have a sense of humor, would I really take all that ribbing from Rockdale and Bridge City fans without firing back? I laughed a lot at OC's post. I was just curious about the "since" thing. Maybe Rockdale's English department is right up there with their football team. :p

LOL!! I've thought you've taken it pretty well. I knew what you meant. ;)

Old Tiger
07-05-2005, 01:41 PM
My post are all fun...I don't mean nothing by them except if I get mad

gobbler grad
07-05-2005, 02:10 PM
The Wimberly Texans were probably the best team...they have alot of kids coming back...should go deep in the playoffs this year...

WOS92
07-05-2005, 02:34 PM
It's all in fun. There's not much else we can do until week 0 rolls around.

rhs78
07-05-2005, 05:12 PM
Smithson Valley
&
Liberty Hill

Gobbla2001
07-05-2005, 05:56 PM
Originally posted by rhs78
Smithson Valley
&
Liberty Hill

Smithson Valley was a DANG GOOD team themselves... up there with AHS and SLC in my opinion, but a two-way tie seems more decisive than a three-way tie...

What I liked is what I saw after a Smithson Valley player injured a San Benito player in the 3rd round this year... That Smithson Valley player stayed by the kid's side the whole time, even walked him half way off of the field while he was leaving on a a stretcher... class

Bobcatwideout
07-06-2005, 12:10 AM
Smithson Valley was a great team i saw them on tv against SLC and they came so close to that state championship but thats why i think SLC was the best last year because they got the job done.