PDA

View Full Version : Poll: Marlin vs. WOS??

West22
07-03-2005, 08:53 PM
Who would win in a match up between these two superior teams?

BHBrave08
07-03-2005, 08:57 PM
WOS would hae no chance if this game ever took place.

bevo
07-03-2005, 09:02 PM
West Orange :evillaugh

BHBrave08
07-03-2005, 09:05 PM
West Orange

..... Is terrible!

West22
07-03-2005, 09:59 PM
bump.

JHS_c/o_06'
07-03-2005, 10:14 PM
Right now, i say WOS...after week zero...i might change my answer.

j_dog
07-03-2005, 10:23 PM
Originally posted by BHBrave08
WOS would hae no chance if this game ever took place.
Jody, did you change your name? :D

bullfrog_alumni_02
07-03-2005, 11:09 PM
with my vote its dead even...6 and 6. wonder who would actually win this game...maybe the playoffs will show us.

bevo
07-03-2005, 11:41 PM
Both programs have an outstanding history. As far as WOS, in my perspective, we and most of everyone else had a hard time year after year with Hebert. So when WOS dropped down from 5A and Hebert consolidated with BCP (So many years have past since then, but I think I'm right) and moved up to 5A they were as dominent as Hebert was. They're record precedes them in class 4A. However until they dominate in the ranks of 3A they'll not get the respect as they did in 4A.

...but as far as the battle with them and Marlin, make no mistake about it, WOS isn't Newton, guys...I would have to give the edge to the Mustangs...but should be a great match up between the two if they ever meet up in the playoffs.

dutchman
07-04-2005, 12:03 AM
unless it is a non-district game it will never happen. marlin is always the smallest school no matter what district they are in. current enrollment i think is about 463, usually in the highend of the 300's. so unless they consolidate the playoffs back to a single team playing for the championship,i do not see them meeting. i was glad to finally see marlin play jasper, though not with the outcome, but you can only be the best if you play the best.

bevo
07-04-2005, 12:09 AM
Originally posted by dutchman
unless it is a non-district game it will never happen. marlin is always the smallest school no matter what district they are in. current enrollment i think is about 463, usually in the highend of the 300's. so unless they consolidate the playoffs back to a single team playing for the championship,i do not see them meeting. i was glad to finally see marlin play jasper, though not with the outcome, but you can only be the best if you play the best.

...well said dutchman, well said!

Bobcatwideout
07-04-2005, 12:39 AM
WO-S... gotta support my district :D

Supertilley
07-04-2005, 12:53 AM
It would be a great game. I know people hear alot about wo-s beating great 4A teams and such. But the thing is with them teams is that they have a history with them. Nederland, PN-G, Bay City, Jasper, and so on. It gives a little advantage.
Playing a team for the first time is way different no matter what their size or enrollment is.

Take for example the wo-s vs. bridge city game last year. Wo-s slid on by in the last seconds to a somewhat weak team. Wo-s has most of the time blew by BC. But they had a long break since the last time they played them.

You really can't say untill you see it happen.

Cat22
07-04-2005, 10:47 AM
Originally posted by dutchman

From what I hear from some WOS people, their enrollment is still dropping and they may not be the biggest school in their district come next realignment. If they stay in the district with Bridge City, they may be the second largest school in the district behind BC. We'll see come feb.

Old Tiger
07-04-2005, 12:40 PM
The team who scores the most points

BHBrave08
07-04-2005, 09:49 PM
bump. & GO MARLIN!!!

BHBrave08
07-05-2005, 08:59 AM
Bump agian.

WOS1
07-05-2005, 05:29 PM
Originally posted by bevo
Both programs have an outstanding history. As far as WOS, in my perspective, we and most of everyone else had a hard time year after year with Hebert. So when WOS dropped down from 5A and Hebert consolidated with BCP (So many years have past since then, but I think I'm right) and moved up to 5A they were as dominent as Hebert was. They're record precedes them in class 4A. However until they dominate in the ranks of 3A they'll not get the respect as they did in 4A.

...but as far as the battle with them and Marlin, make no mistake about it, WOS isn't Newton, guys...I would have to give the edge to the Mustangs...but should be a great match up between the two if they ever meet up in the playoffs.

Thanks for the props Bevo. You are so right, people in 3A do not know what we're about yet because we got off on the wrong foot last year and didn't prove anything. Hopefully, that will soon change.

AggiesAreWe
07-06-2005, 08:23 AM
Hebert did not consolidate with BCP. Hebert, Forest Park, and South Park joined to form what is now West Brook. BCP and French High schools joined to form what is now Central High. Ozen opened back in 97 as a magnet school but we all know it's just another Hebert High, just with bigger and better numbers.

Jody
09-01-2005, 03:14 PM
Originally posted by j_dog
Jody, did you change your name? :D

No sir, but he said plus WOS sucks.

Bull's-eye
09-01-2005, 03:50 PM
Before the season I would of said Marlin. After last Friday's game, I will go with WOS. Marlin struggled to beat a 0-10 team from a year ago and WOS defeated a state-runner up team in Jasper.

wos fan1
09-01-2005, 04:09 PM
Originally posted by West22
Who would win in a match up between these two superior teams? You are so full of crap!! We're fixing to be as good as we were in 4A a few years ago!!

Ranger05
09-01-2005, 04:19 PM
Idk i think it would be a battle and would come down to the 4th qtr.

JHS_c/o_06'
09-01-2005, 04:53 PM
Originally posted by wos fan1
You are so full of crap!! We're fixing to be as good as we were in 4A a few years ago!!

Yall have some talent but i'm not sure if id go so far as
to say that.

Supertilley
09-01-2005, 06:35 PM
This is my take on wo-s in 3A. It can be compared to hurricane katrina. There was all kinds of hype about the hurricane destroying NOLA. The people of NOLA were not scared. But Katrina made land fall destroying mississippi, leaving NOLA with hardly any water. (WO-S first year in 3A) (NOLA being 3A)

With all of the backflow of water into the bayou to much presure buit up and busted the levy flooding NOLA. (WO-S this year in progress)

Thats dosen't mean that I say wo-s will win it all, I just think about more people in 3A will respect them a little more.

Just like the people of NOLA will always evacuate for a hurricane from here on out.

Pmoney
09-01-2005, 07:04 PM
WOS must have 1 of the hardest non district lineup.....first jasper and then marlin WOW :eek: but i say Marlin wins this 1 by 7

wos fan1
09-01-2005, 07:06 PM
I promise you it wouldn't happen.

GS#17
09-01-2005, 09:04 PM
Am I the only one who thinks Cuero would somehow sneak on the field and win this game? ;)

strike hard
09-01-2005, 09:22 PM
WOS would win because the Marlin D needs some work.

dutchman
09-01-2005, 10:58 PM
This is an old thread and a non-starter conversation. #1 marlin is not playing WOS, even in the playoffs. #2 marlin has about 439 enrollment the next smallest school in 18-3A is Fairfield with 520 enrollment. #3 this thread should have been relegated to been done a long time ago. Someone was looking hard to find this thread.

Supertilley
09-02-2005, 12:13 AM
Given the way marlin played last week and the way wo-s played last week. I would now say wo-s by 3 tds. Marlin was simply just unimpressive. OT is just not what #1 teams are made of.

dutchman
09-02-2005, 06:26 AM
Originally posted by Supertilley
Given the way marlin played last week and the way wo-s played last week. I would now say wo-s by 3 tds. Marlin was simply just unimpressive. OT is just not what #1 teams are made of.

Supertilley,

On behalf of all Marlin fans, coaches, and players I want to apologize to you personally that the Bulldogs did not impress you last week. As a loyal bulldog fan I also want apologize for the bulldogs play for the past six years. Coach Malone stated in the Marlin Democrat just this past Wednesday, how he was unable to sleep because Supertilley was unimpressed with the Bulldogs game against an 0-10 team from last year. As most football fans know, any team that is down one year will always remain there until the end of time or football is no longer played. I am quite sure that the team that Supertilley supports has won every game they have played and have never had to go into overtime -since #1 teams never do that in any game. I congratulate Supertilley and the team that he supports for making Texas football what it is today and wish the that Marlin Bulldogs could strive to be even in the shadow of this team. Maybe some of their talent would rub off on the dawgs and then they could raise their heads up from the shame and seek to a least be representative in 3A football. In the future, the coaches will submit two page single-spaced summaries to Supertilley explaining the Bulldogs outlook and hopes for future games in the slimmest desire that Supertilley will approve. Submitted humbly for your approval Dutchman.

Supertilley
09-02-2005, 09:10 AM
That was great dutchman. LOL!

Seriously, you and I both know that Marlin will do great this year. I am just giving you some ribbing. I really think it's healthy for a team to have a close game that they skeek by or even lose. It puts the kids in a better mind-set. IMO, the best thing to happpen to marlin. You got that #1 target off your back and didn't have to lose a game doing it. GL, tonite.

dutchman
09-02-2005, 11:15 AM
i feel that humor is always better than making excuses or getting mad and making a statement that you will regret. good luck this year.

West22
09-03-2005, 04:21 PM
Marlins victory over a good 4a should ease some of the doubts.

wos fan1
09-03-2005, 04:52 PM
Marlin would not beat WOS. Think what you want!

WOS92
09-03-2005, 05:32 PM
WO-S also knocked out a vote-getting 4A team this week.