PDA

View Full Version : War of the Worlds

bullfrog_alumni_02
07-02-2005, 05:04 PM
i went and saw it last night. i thought it was definately worth the price of a ticket, and 2 hours. i enjoyed it but it did leave a couple of things hanging. and there werent enough atcual battle seens in the movie. if you liked "signs" you will definately enjoy this movie. the basic genre of the movie is sci-fi, but the the movie would come off to viewers i would say is drama then sci-fi/action. i saw alot of originality in this movie and unique ideas. steven spielberg did a good job but could have done better. id give this movie a 3.5 on a scale of 5. if you have seen the movie please add your opinion to the bottom.

lepfan
07-02-2005, 10:21 PM
I haven't seen it, probably won't. I have lost my desire to look at Tom Cruise.

WOS92
07-02-2005, 11:27 PM
I don't see movies starring semi-insane, pretend-to-be-heterosexual scientologists.

shellman54
07-03-2005, 12:22 AM
watched it, was somewhat impressed with the camera angles used, especially during the road scene. dakota fanning is a hell of an actress. could have used some more action though.

NSUTrumpet08
07-03-2005, 09:06 AM
After seeing Tom Cruise's antics, i thought i wouldn't see this movie but i was invited to go with some friends. I didn't want to not see then my friends rave and say that this movie was excellent or something.

I enjoyed the movie actually. There a lot of things i can comment on. I agree on Dakota Fanning; she did such an excellent job of acting. I dunno...i maybe kinda of morbid but the people being evaportated by the ray...woah...that was neat and interesting...

Can anyone explain what the red silly string looking stuff was? It appeared to be some plant because it grew i think...

I would recommend people to see the movie...:thumbsup:

20dawgz05
07-03-2005, 02:02 PM
oh wow i loved it!.... and way to go dakota she is awesome!!!!!..... yeah the only thing about it that i didnt like was the fact that i will never be able to drink orange soda again!!!! and u wouldnt understand that unless u have seen the movie!!!
but i will probably buy it when it comes out!!!! in my theater everyone cracked up when that weirdo dude in basement was shown on camera hahaha!!!!! it was SOOOO FUNNY!!!! anyways GO SEE IT!!!! and girls tom cruise takes his shirt off sooo yeah reason enough there!!!

shellman54
07-03-2005, 02:58 PM
the red stuff was the blood that was being drained from the humans it caught. why it turned into vines and stuff i don't know though. what got me was at the end of the movie ( i won't give it away :D ) was everyone in the theatre kinda booed/groaned, but it ended just like the book did.

Old Tiger
07-03-2005, 03:41 PM
Sounds different from what I expected it to be