PDA

View Full Version : Will Robert Horry be a Spur next year?

PhiI C
07-01-2005, 10:07 PM
According to PTI (Pardon the Interruption) today he is a free agent and his first choice is San Antonio and Miami is a close second. It will be interesting what he decides. If he goes to Miami he will get a chance to play with Shaq and be the first player to get a championship ring wit 4 different teams. Plus they said Miami is a better place to live than San Antonio. But at the same time if they get to the finals if he has to play his old team San Antonio they said the Spurs won't leave him wide open. I hope he stays with SA because he still has a few years left and he is doing great there. We will see.

AggieJohn
07-02-2005, 12:55 AM
he should come back and be a rocket

CheerMom
07-02-2005, 12:08 PM
SA better do what they can to keep him. And how can they say Miami is a better place to live?

District303aPastPlayer
07-02-2005, 12:20 PM
Originally posted by CheerMom
SA better do what they can to keep him. And how can they say Miami is a better place to live?

Miami Beach vs the River Walk...

you decide

rockdale80
07-02-2005, 12:31 PM
Originally posted by District303aPastPlayer

you decide

I think if SA can make something happen they should. I would love to see him stay in Texas.

CheerMom
07-02-2005, 12:42 PM
Originally posted by District303aPastPlayer

you decide

I would take the River Walk any day.

Gobbla2001
07-02-2005, 04:24 PM
Let's see... you live/stay in San Antonio... You have Port A here, and South Pad about 4 and a half hours South...

Then you have Miami beach... You have a river-walk, well, in San Antonio...

So I'd personally chose Texas because you can get more than just a beach... maybe I'm just bias though ha...

But also, factor in that neither one has much to do with it... Miami beach for a family guy? I can see a single star chosing it...

PhiI C
07-02-2005, 06:56 PM
Originally posted by CheerMom

I agree with you and Gobbla! Basically the only advantage Miami has that I can see is the beach but as Gobbla SA is close. They are about a 2 1/2 drive to Padre Island and it can be even much quicker if he flies. Plus he is a family man so being there every day is not too great even though the same flying conditions would work for a single person. Bear in mind those guys are not experts on where it is best to live and it is obvious in their choice of words.

crabman
07-02-2005, 11:08 PM
Miami is a much better place because it dovetails with his movie career. Didn't ya'll just love him in Hitch and Men in Black?:D

Gobbla2001
07-02-2005, 11:39 PM
I liked Horry in 'Independence Day' myself...

Old Tiger
07-03-2005, 11:45 AM
I hope he is a Spur next year!!

sicem74
07-03-2005, 02:10 PM
go to the heat be with shaq that would be awesome!

Gobbla2001
07-03-2005, 03:48 PM
Originally posted by sicem74
go to the heat be with shaq that would be awesome!

It would be, huh? Then maybe you'd have a chance of not eatin' so much dang crow next year when your bold predictions turn into a pile of doo-doo...

Then again, you didn't eat your crow from this year yet... once SA and UT started whuppin' that booty you must have been 'too busy' to come admit you were wrong...

Oh well, we'll just dub ya 'flash in the pan fan'...

turbostud
07-03-2005, 03:58 PM
Originally posted by Gobbla2001
It would be, huh? Then maybe you'd have a chance of not eatin' so much dang crow next year when your bold predictions turn into a pile of doo-doo...

Then again, you didn't eat your crow from this year yet... once SA and UT started whuppin' that booty you must have been 'too busy' to come admit you were wrong...

Oh well, we'll just dub ya 'flash in the pan fan'...

Ouch!

West22
07-03-2005, 08:51 PM
I hope that he stays in San Antonio. The Spurs need him.

44INAROW
07-03-2005, 09:52 PM
Originally posted by crabman
Miami is a much better place because it dovetails with his movie career. Didn't ya'll just love him in Hitch and Men in Black?:D

I'm more of a Fresh Prince person myself :D