PDA

View Full Version : Wilmer-Hutchins will keep football in '05

WO-S 89
07-01-2005, 07:10 PM
June 28, 2005 -- Despite the Wilmer-Hutchins board of managers voting on Monday night to shut down the school system for the next year, Wilmer-Hutchins will field a football team in 2005 and defend its District 10, Class 3A championship.

"This is a very, very difficult decision," said Albert Black, the board president. "But I think it's the right one for the children of Wilmer-Hutchins."

To the contrary, W-H football coach Mike Robinson said his football program will continue. "The building and the kids will likely be outsourced to the Lancaster ISD, but the school will not be shut down at all. We are essentially renting ourselves to the Lancaster or the Dallas ISD, but we'll play sports like we always have at Wilmer-Hutchins."

The district's financial woes surfaced late last summer, resulting in the decision on Monday night to close the Wilmer-Hutchins ISD south of Dallas for at least one year. The answer on what ISD the district's 2,700 students will go remains unclear.

Lancaster (14-4A) may be the preferred choice of Wilmer-Hutchins leaders.

It was Robinson who kept the Eagles focused last season - collecting their first district crown since 1990 en route to an impressive 10-2 mark (4-0 in 10-3A). The Eagles will open their 2005 season at Fort Worth Eastern Hills on September 2. Other non-district foes include Dallas South Oak Cliff, Commerce, Fairfield, Crandall and Ferris.

District303aPastPlayer
07-01-2005, 07:12 PM
i dont get it, but i guess i will be pulling for them