PDA

View Full Version : Texas Rangers' Rogers get suspended for 20 games!

Phil C
07-01-2005, 03:50 PM
This was for his outburst with two cameramen.

District303aPastPlayer
07-01-2005, 03:51 PM
the psychotic embicile deserves it :)

HighSchool Fan
07-01-2005, 04:01 PM
Originally posted by District303aPastPlayer

he deserves more than that, if ya break it down, that comes to 4 games.

AP Panther Fan
07-01-2005, 04:22 PM
Originally posted by District303aPastPlayer

I agree ... he totally lost it and needs to think twice before he acts like such an idiot next time (and I bet there will be a next time).

When I see men behave like this, I automatically feel sorry for their wives/girlfriends/children. If he can be that abusive to a stranger, just imagine what he can do to those closest to him.:(

Phil C
07-01-2005, 04:27 PM
AP I am sure he will take anger management classes and threrapy to correct the problem.

AP Panther Fan
07-01-2005, 04:29 PM
Originally posted by Phil C
AP I am sure he will take anger management classes and threrapy to correct the problem.

LOL...yeah right. :rolleyes: (you're so funny):D

hitman
07-01-2005, 04:32 PM
Theres nothing like setting a good example for the young ones huh?:rolleyes:

GreenMonster
07-01-2005, 04:36 PM
I disagree with this. If y'all will remember just this past winter Randy Johnson had a similar outburst on the streets of Manhattan and what did he get? A little bad press is all. That should have set a precedent for MLB to continue to follow but obviously they pick and choose who they punish and who they let slide by. If Rogers was as big a name as the Unit and was playing in the Big Apple he would have gotten a slap on the wrist and everything would have blown over. As for the whinebag cameraman that wants to file assault charges, he never got touched, if you watch the video the only thing Rogers touched was the camera. Destruction of property is a much better charge in this situation than assault. I still can't believe that sissy went to the hospital, what a wuss. I am not excusing Kenny Rogers for his actions and a real man would at the very least go and apologize to this man. What he did was a terrible thing and in the real world this action deserves more than a 20 day suspension but Major League Baseball is not the real world and this punishment does not meet with previous similar occurances. Therefore, the punishment exceeds MLB standards and will be, rightly, fought by the players union

vet93
07-01-2005, 04:40 PM
Does Rogers have a history of this type of behavior? I don't keep up with MLB too much.....

HighSchool Fan
07-01-2005, 04:41 PM
Randy Johnson wasn't on "baseball time" he was on his own time walking down the street. it had nothing to do with baseball. it's just like your job can't fire you or reprimand you for something you do on your own time.

GreenMonster
07-01-2005, 04:48 PM
Originally posted by HighSchool Fan
Randy Johnson wasn't on "baseball time" he was on his own time walking down the street. it had nothing to do with baseball. it's just like your job can't fire you or reprimand you for something you do on your own time.

All professional baseball players have an ethics clause in their contract that covers both personal time and baseball time. It's all about maintaining the image of the game. MLB just picks and chooses when, and to whom, to enforce it. Reguardless of where this happened it still happened. Possibly this is the proverbial "Straw the broke the camel's back.", and MLB will take a tougher stance on any and all future outbursts of this manner, but don't count on it. Expect Kenny and the players union to file an appeal. Not only that but expect the suspension to be shortened.

HighSchool Fan
07-01-2005, 04:51 PM
Originally posted by GreenMonster
Expect Kenny and the players union to file an appeal. Not only that but expect the suspension to be shortened.

everything gets appealed these days, that's a given. it should of been a 40 game suspension.

Phil C
07-01-2005, 04:52 PM
I disagree with this. If y'all will remember just this past winter Randy Johnson had a similar outburst on the streets of Manhattan and what did he get? A little bad press is all. That should have set a precedent for MLB to continue to follow but obviously they pick and choose who they punish and who they let slide by. If Rogers was as big a name as the Unit and was playing in the Big Apple he would have gotten a slap on the wrist and everything would have blown over. As for the whinebag cameraman that wants to file assault charges, he never got touched, if you watch the video the only thing Rogers touched was the camera. Destruction of property is a much better charge in this situation than assault. I still can't believe that sissy went to the hospital, what a wuss. I am not excusing Kenny Rogers for his actions and a real man would at the very least go and apologize to this man. What he did was a terrible thing and in the real world this action deserves more than a 20 day suspension but Major League Baseball is not the real world and this punishment does not meet with previous similar occurances. Therefore, the punishment exceeds MLB standards and will be, rightly, fought by the players union

Green what you are saying is Ye Ole Double Standard!? :eek:

HighSchool Fan
07-01-2005, 04:56 PM
did you guy's know that the cameraman already had 2 herniated (sp) disk in his back?? if you've ever had a back injury you would understand why he went to the hospital.

GreenMonster
07-01-2005, 05:00 PM
Originally posted by Phil C
Green what you are saying is Ye Ole Double Standard!? :eek:

Ding Ding Ding you are correct sir. I truly believe that in this case the punishment fits the crime, actually it may be a little bit light, but if one were to go by MLB precedent which is a huge determining factor in court of law then MLB way overcooked this suspension. If they go by what has already been done for previous outbursts like his then there would be no suspension at all nor any fine. Now if it had happened in a game there is a precedent to suspend but even the length of those suspensions are incredibly shorter than what Kenny is getting.

AggieJohn
07-01-2005, 06:19 PM
http://msn.foxsports.com/id/3728538_36_1.jpg

lostaussie
07-01-2005, 10:30 PM
Originally posted by AggieJohn
http://msn.foxsports.com/id/3728538_36_1.jpg not one of kenny's better moments

Bandera YaYa
07-01-2005, 11:04 PM
I disagree with this. If y'all will remember just this past winter Randy Johnson had a similar outburst on the streets of Manhattan and what did he get? A little bad press is all. That should have set a precedent for MLB to continue to follow but obviously they pick and choose who they punish and who they let slide by. If Rogers was as big a name as the Unit and was playing in the Big Apple he would have gotten a slap on the wrist and everything would have blown over. As for the whinebag cameraman that wants to file assault charges, he never got touched, if you watch the video the only thing Rogers touched was the camera. Destruction of property is a much better charge in this situation than assault. I still can't believe that sissy went to the hospital, what a wuss. I am not excusing Kenny Rogers for his actions and a real man would at the very least go and apologize to this man. What he did was a terrible thing and in the real world this action deserves more than a 20 day suspension but Major League Baseball is not the real world and this punishment does not meet with previous similar occurances. Therefore, the punishment exceeds MLB standards and will be, rightly, fought by the players union Yah know, I am sick to death of professional athletes acting like they are soooooo above the law and that they can abuse, yes it was abuse, anyone they see fit, just because they can. I think this monster should be permanently kicked out of the game...I saw the look on his face and it was as cocky and arrogant as I have ever seen.....what right does he or anyone have the right to push or shove anyone else....I am sick to death of how hostile our world is becoming...no IS.....so keep taking up for the abusers in the world....and I hope the next person who "has an anger issue" doesn't take it out on YOUR loved one. There seems to be more discussion about how many games he should or should not be suspended for, and is it fair or unfair, than this monster's rage and his victim.....truely sad. I can only pray he is not married and doesn't have children, because I would bet my life he is abusing them too.....

Ranger Mom
07-01-2005, 11:09 PM
Originally posted by Bandera YaYa
Yah know, I am sick to death of professional athletes acting like they are soooooo above the law and that they can abuse, yes it was abuse, anyone they see fit, just because they can. I think this monster should be permanently kicked out of the game...I saw the look on his face and it was as cocky and arrogant as I have ever seen.....what right does he or anyone have the right to push or shove anyone else....I am sick to death of how hostile our world is becoming...no IS.....so keep taking up for the abusers in the world....and I hope the next person who "has an anger issue" doesn't take it out on YOUR loved one. There seems to be more discussion about how many games he should or should not be suspended for, and is it fair or unfair, than this monster's rage and his victim.....truely sad. I can only pray he is not married and doesn't have children, because I would bet my life he is abusing them too.....

:clap: :clap: :clap: That was beautiful YaYa!!

CRHSeagle
07-01-2005, 11:44 PM
Yah know, I am sick to death of professional athletes acting like they are soooooo above the law and that they can abuse, yes it was abuse, anyone they see fit, just because they can. I think this monster should be permanently kicked out of the game...I saw the look on his face and it was as cocky and arrogant as I have ever seen.....what right does he or anyone have the right to push or shove anyone else....I am sick to death of how hostile our world is becoming...no IS.....so keep taking up for the abusers in the world....and I hope the next person who "has an anger issue" doesn't take it out on YOUR loved one. There seems to be more discussion about how many games he should or should not be suspended for, and is it fair or unfair, than this monster's rage and his victim.....truely sad. I can only pray he is not married and doesn't have children, because I would bet my life he is abusing them too.....

yeah im kinda with green monster. just because he attacked that camera man doesnt mean he believes he's above the law. Do I think he deserves a punishment tho?Yes I do. And just because he knocked down a camera man, it doesnt make him a man with "an anger issue". I understand not everyone is perfect but, they should make him pay a pretty hefty fine, apologize to the man and then suspend him for a couple of games. And if the camera man is truley hurt then let the court decide what happens to him.

Bandera YaYa
07-02-2005, 12:02 AM
Originally posted by CRHSeagle
yeah im kinda with green monster. just because he attacked that camera man doesnt mean he believes he's above the law. Do I think he deserves a punishment tho?Yes I do. And just because he knocked down a camera man, it doesnt make him a man with "an anger issue". I understand not everyone is perfect but, they should make him pay a pretty hefty fine, apologize to the man and then suspend him for a couple of games. And if the camera man is truley hurt then let the court decide what happens to him. Sorry but he certainly showed he has an anger issue....geezzzzzz maybe he should have taken a gun out and shot the stupid cameraman in the head.....then you could say he was just having a bad day.... :rolleyes: :mad:

CRHSeagle
07-02-2005, 12:13 AM
Sorry but he certainly showed he has an anger issue....geezzzzzz maybe he should have taken a gun out and shot the stupid cameraman in the head.....then you could say he was just having a bad day.... :rolleyes: :mad:

so i take it you have credentials to make that assumption? He hasn't done anything like this before so I guess he magically woke up angry that day. yeah he might have knocked over a few water jugs in his day but Im sure that almost every athlete has done something near to that. I never said it was okay for him to push the camera off the camera man, but I dont think Rogers has anger issues.

HighSchool Fan
07-02-2005, 06:07 AM

he's been in baseball for almost 20 years. this is the first time he's showed anything like this. your jumping way overboard with your assumptions that he beats his family. no one knows for sure if he does or doesn't. i would bet just as much as you would that he doesn't. everyone has done something in their life that they regret. let's just hope that he learns from his mistake.

CRHSeagle
07-02-2005, 02:45 PM
Originally posted by HighSchool Fan
he's been in baseball for almost 20 years. this is the first time he's showed anything like this. your jumping way overboard with your assumptions that he beats his family. no one knows for sure if he does or doesn't. i would bet just as much as you would that he doesn't. everyone has done something in their life that they regret. let's just hope that he learns from his mistake.

:clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap:

Pmoney
07-03-2005, 01:33 PM
ROID RAGE!!!!:D