PDA

View Full Version : More on the Celina story

HighSchool Fan
07-01-2005, 01:25 PM
this is from KTEN news

Wednesday, June 29, 2005 - 6:45:32 PM
Only on 10: High School Football Player Arrested

A North Texas football powerhouse with several state championships under its belt might be in jeopardy next season. KTEN discovered a star football player was arrested for exposing himself. Some of his teammates might be in trouble, too. KTEN’s Noelle Newton has the report.

It might not be football season now - but according to police - one Celina wide receiver hasn't slowed down this summer.

Celina, Texas is known for its successful football players...but not its felons.

According to police reports, 17-year-old Alan Vonshay Jones…number-11 on the Celina team, was arrested last week for exposing himself at a local fast-food restaurant.
“At first it didn't hit me what they were saying to me,” Ann Barnard, alleged victim’s mom (pictured).

Ann Barnard and Trenna Smotherman were shocked when their teenage daughters came home last week saying they were harassed by a group of boys while on a late-night trip for ice-cream.
“These boys approached the car and one of them proceeded to pull his pants down and rub his penis all over the car and get off on the car,” Ann Barnard.

The three teenage girls immediately called police.
“My daughter was in a state of panic and didn't know what to do.

Alan Vonshay Jones was booked into the Collin County Jail on indecent exposure and two felony counts of indecency with a child - exposure.
“I want him kicked off the football team,” Ann Barnard.
“She has nightmares. Our whole family is having a hard time moving on. She's not the same girl that she was,” Trenna Smotherman, alleged victim’s mom.

The varsity wide receiver has since posted bond for the three charges. A court date has not been set, but the parents of the young victims say they won't stop fighting until justice is served.
“I would like to see justice and these boys punished for what they did. Not just jail but not see these boys do this to anyone ever again,” Trenna Smotherman.

We were unable to get in touch with Coach Butch Ford...the athletic director of Celina...but we did contact UIL directors. They are aware of the criminal charges.
-Noelle Newton, KTEN News

Astrosdawg07
07-01-2005, 01:32 PM
Those kids must have been drunk...There's no way any of my friends would get off in front of each other or even anyonelse. This is truly sad.., and F***ed up!

Ranger Mom
07-01-2005, 01:45 PM
He and whoever else is involved deserve whatever punishment they get.

The same thing happened to me when I lived in my first apartment...the guy got away, but I got a good look at him (better look than I wanted in some respects). A few weeks later a lady was raped at our apartments and he got away.

About a month later I had a knock at my door at about 11:00 at night...when I went to answer it, no one was there, but as I turned to the right to look down the corridor, there the same guy stood with his pants down around his ankles.

I called the guy who lived above me and he vaulted over his balcony and tackled him....he told me to run to this apartment and get some "zip ties" and he proceeded to tie him to the fence that went around the swimming pool...with pants down...until the cops got there.

He ended up being the same guy who had raped that lady (who was in her late 60's) a month earlier!

Okay....Ranger Mom story time has concluded!:D

KTJ
07-01-2005, 01:59 PM
She has nightmares

That has got to be a joke, right?

AP Panther Fan
07-01-2005, 02:02 PM
Originally posted by Ranger Mom
Okay....Ranger Mom story time has concluded!:D

:eek: Yikes, that story is enough to give me nightmares ... remind me to not sit in on any bedtime stories.;)

That is horrible and I am sorry you had to go through it. At least they caught the guy thanks to you and your neighbor!:clap: :clap: :clap:

Bandera YaYa
07-01-2005, 02:06 PM
I just don't understand why these guys think we gals want to see their winkies......I know you were startled, RM, but you should have pointed to it and started laughing and yelling.."it's so small, it's so small!!"......geezzzzzzzzzzz, what do these pervs think when they are doing this........
....geezzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz.......yeah, "oh baby, oh baby "
:rolleyes: :rolleyes: grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr

I think those pervs are toast....sounds like they went and made the wrong mommas mad......let's see what their coach has to say....wonder if he'll try to get them off he hook.... :rolleyes: :mad:

HighSchool Fan
07-01-2005, 02:08 PM
Originally posted by KTJ

i don't think a news channel, besides cnn or msnbc, would make up a fake story like this.

CRHSeagle
07-01-2005, 02:08 PM
Why would they pull off as stunt like this in such a small community. Chances of them getting caught are so high. Im thinkin theres more to the story then we know.

Bandera YaYa
07-01-2005, 02:26 PM
Originally posted by CRHSeagle
Why would they pull off as stunt like this in such a small community. Chances of them getting caught are so high. Im thinkin theres more to the story then we know. Well i guess there might be of course and of course, innocent until proven guilty..... but i have to laugh at your assumption they wouldnt do this in a small community...... :rolleyes:

District303aPastPlayer
07-01-2005, 03:00 PM
this may seem wrong, but i am wondering... there SHOULD be DNA evidence it occurred right... secondly... why was there only ONE arrest...

Bandera YaYa
07-01-2005, 03:09 PM
Originally posted by District303aPastPlayer
this may seem wrong, but i am wondering... there SHOULD be DNA evidence it occurred right... secondly... why was there only ONE arrest... Ha...hope they didn't run the car thru the laser wash............. :eek:

District303aPastPlayer
07-01-2005, 03:12 PM
are her nightmares the cause of disappointment?

AP Panther Fan
07-01-2005, 03:16 PM
Originally posted by Bandera YaYa
Ha...hope they didn't run the car thru the laser wash............. :eek:

Monica Lewensky just comes to mind :rolleyes: She likes to preserve evidence.:cool:

turbostud
07-01-2005, 03:41 PM
I don't see how the kid can get kicked off the team unless the incident happened on school property or at a school function? What the kid does on his own time is his business and local authorities business not CISD's. Does CISD have authority or jurisdiction to kick him off the football team??? Someone correct me if I am wrong.

District303aPastPlayer
07-01-2005, 03:43 PM
Originally posted by turbostud
I don't see how the kid can get kicked off the team unless the incident happened on school property or at a school function? What the kid does on his own time is his business and local authorities business not CISD's. Does CISD have authority or jurisdiction to kick him off the football team??? Someone correct me if I am wrong.

now that i think about it... you are right, but their has to be a code of conduct signed somewhere, im sure, by a student/athlete. i know we had to sign one, and if you broke a rule, you were subject to disciplinary action.

HighSchool Fan
07-01-2005, 03:49 PM

maybe dismissing him from the team is a better lesson for him in the long run than maybe ending up in jail. as Phil C said earlier, jail could turn out to do more harm for this kid than help.

44INAROW
07-01-2005, 03:54 PM

:eek: :eek: No comment

turbostud
07-01-2005, 04:02 PM
Originally posted by HighSchool Fan
maybe dismissing him from the team is a better lesson for him in the long run than maybe ending up in jail. as Phil C said earlier, jail could turn out to do more harm for this kid than help.

I am not trying to defend the kid, just trying to figure out if CISD has the authority to kick him off the team.

lepfan
07-01-2005, 04:04 PM

Felony charges = AEP = no athletics (some schools)

lepfan
07-01-2005, 04:05 PM
So jason was not to far off with his story of "junk, mustard, etc." ;)

pirate4state
07-01-2005, 04:09 PM
Originally posted by lepfan

LMAO!! :D

lepfan
07-01-2005, 04:13 PM

Could jason had been one of the 'other' guys? Hmmmmm........:thinking:

44INAROW
07-01-2005, 04:23 PM

that's the ole Nail on the Head :)

hitman
07-01-2005, 04:28 PM
He should be held accountable for his actions.Registering as a sex offender and some probation would do him some good.This kind of behavior is intolerable.They should take him to the Dads woodshed and let him teach him a lesson or two.:clap:

Phil C
07-01-2005, 04:30 PM
Originally posted by hitman
He should be held accountable for his actions.Registering as a sex offender and some probation would do him some good.This kind of behavior is intolerable.They should take him to the Dads woodshed and let him teach him a lesson or two.:clap:

Some psycho therapy and counseling will probably do the job hitman. Also as I have said before a good stern talking to by the judge and police chief would be in order.

HighSchool Fan
07-01-2005, 04:34 PM

i don't think he needs to be registered as a sex offender, that's a lifetime punishment. i don't know if this needs to go that far. probation is would be fine.

hitman
07-01-2005, 04:39 PM
Check pm Phil

hitman
07-01-2005, 04:40 PM
Would you suggest that if it were your daughter?

HighSchool Fan
07-01-2005, 04:46 PM
Would you suggest that if it were your daughter?

what would you suggest if it was your son?? would you want him for the rest of his life have to register as a sex offended??

Phil C
07-01-2005, 04:51 PM
This thread may be getting out of hand with personal feelings and resentment now so I suggest that we let the law enforcement and judicial and Celina ISD authorities handle the situation.

HighSchool Fan
07-01-2005, 04:53 PM
Originally posted by Phil C
This thread may be getting out of hand with personal feelings and resentment now so I suggest that we let the law enforcement and judicial and Celina ISD authorities handle the situation.

this thread isn't getting out of hand and i don't think anyone is getting upset about anything. it's just good open debate.

hitman
07-01-2005, 04:57 PM
If my son did something like that the law would be the least of his worries.

HighSchool Fan
07-01-2005, 05:02 PM
If my son did something like that the law would be the least of his worries.

but your okay with him having to register as a sex offender for the rest of his life??

hitman
07-01-2005, 05:23 PM
If he did what the Celina kid did,which was sexually offend then so be it.check your pm high school fan

KTJ
07-01-2005, 05:48 PM
When I said "that has to be a joke", I wasn't referring to the incident itself--I was referring to the idea that said incident has given this child nightmares. I refuse to believe that.

Second, it sounds like some of you aren't understanding the true meaning of a "sex offender." Sexual Harassment and sex offender are two different things. This guy sounds like he was drunk (or he is just plain dumb) and he's getting backlash just because he so happens to be on the football team. If this kid wasn't on a sports team, then what would the parents suggest as a punishment?

District303aPastPlayer
07-01-2005, 05:50 PM
Originally posted by KTJ
When I said "that has to be a joke", I wasn't referring to the incident itself--I was referring to the idea that said incident has given this child nightmares. I refuse to believe that.

Second, it sounds like some of you aren't understanding the true meaning of a "sex offender." Sexual Harassment and sex offender are two different things. This guy sounds like he was drunk (or he is just plain dumb) and he's getting backlash just because he so happens to be on the football team. If this kid wasn't on a sports team, then what would the parents suggest as a punishment?
not dismisal from the football team for sure.

lepfan
07-01-2005, 06:02 PM
that's a lifetime punishment.

I thought it was a lifetime punishment only in child molestation and rape cases....I understood (maybe mis understood) that on indecent exposure and things of this matter carried the registration up until probation was over. I will have to check on that...maybe I just dreamed this up...who knows...the Kansas air has not had a positive effect on me ;)

AggieJohn
07-01-2005, 06:17 PM

[COLOR=deeppink]I think those pervs are toast....sounds like they went and made the wrong mommas mad......let's see what their coach has to say....wonder if he'll try to get them off he hook.... :rolleyes: :mad:

high school football coaches have the ability in a small town to make even a preacher cuss on command

Bandera YaYa
07-01-2005, 11:16 PM
what would you suggest if it was your son?? would you want him for the rest of his life have to register as a sex offended?? Uh wait a minute, are you suggusting a son's life is more important than a daughters??? :thinking: :confused:

Bandera YaYa
07-01-2005, 11:21 PM
Originally posted by AggieJohn
high school football coaches have the ability in a small town to make even a preacher cuss on command oh give me a break.....turn around and try speaking outta your mouth for a change.... :rolleyes:

rockdale80
07-02-2005, 12:37 AM
oh give me a break.....turn around and try speaking outta your mouth for a change.... :rolleyes:

:clap: :clap: :clap: :clap:

AggieJohn
07-02-2005, 12:53 AM
oh give me a break.....turn around and try speaking outta your mouth for a change.... :rolleyes: try speaking with out pms'ing

HighSchool Fan
07-02-2005, 06:02 AM
Uh wait a minute, are you suggusting a son's life is more important than a daughters??? :thinking: :confused:

no i'm not BYY, but i just want everyone to look at the whole picture and not just jump to conclusions and say that this kid should automatically be considered a sex offender.

lepfan
07-02-2005, 09:30 AM
I e-mailed KBI to ask them...gee I hope they don't investigate me now. ;)

mr.leopard man
07-02-2005, 09:34 AM
i think fo sure celina needs him not to play any sports representing celina until his probation is up which could mean at least a year

District303aPastPlayer
07-02-2005, 11:07 AM
Uh wait a minute, are you suggusting a son's life is more important than a daughters??? :thinking: :confused:

nowhere in this thread did anyone say that... if you want to assume they did, well, you know what happens when you ASsume

Tiger90
07-02-2005, 01:26 PM

It is state law. You commit a felony you go to AEP or are expelled from the district. I do not know of any district that allows students to participate in any extra-curricular activities when in AEP or expelled. Around here when placed in AEP you cannot step foot on any other school property except the AEP facility during school or after including events.

Bandera YaYa
07-02-2005, 09:38 PM
Originally posted by KTJ

Second, it sounds like some of you aren't understanding the true meaning of a "sex offender." Sexual Harassment and sex offender are two different things. This guy sounds like he was drunk (or he is just plain dumb) and he's getting backlash just because he so happens to be on the football team. If this kid wasn't on a sports team, then what would the parents suggest as a punishment? OMG....so just because this boy is a star football player, the definition of sex offender doesn't apply to him???? It's this kind of mentality that keeps men on the street raping and killing our daughters, mothers and sisters........WAKE UP ! The next one "offended" may be your loved one......what is it gonna take to break thru this stupid ignorant sports hero worship!!!!! If you had a daughter and he did this to her, so it would be cool with you to allow him to be out there on the playing field, being cheered and applauded, much less walking around your town and school, with your daughter near by......geezzzzzzzz I sure hope you never have a daughter...... :mad:
I know we don't have the facts of this case, the police will sort that out...but you gotta hear what you are saying here.....you gotta protect the children who are offended......I don't want to see a young kid punished the rest of his life for a stupid stunt.....but do not diminish what he did just because he plays football well.

lepfan
07-02-2005, 10:19 PM
Originally posted by Tiger90
Around here when placed in AEP you cannot step foot on any other school property except the AEP facility during school or after including events.

Same in LG

hitman
07-02-2005, 11:24 PM
TY YaYa:clap:

Gobbla2001
07-02-2005, 11:45 PM
I know he's innocent till proven guilty etc...

But if he 'offended' anyone, being kicked off the team isn't too dang bad...

And if he was just 'drunk' at the time, should we overlook it? Unless Celina's going against the rules and letting a 21 plus year older play, then that's against the law in the first place... yah, I drank myself when I was underage, but I knew the risk...

His butt, not your's, it's the lawyer's job to defend the kid...

marlin fan
07-03-2005, 12:54 AM
Originally posted by KTJ
That has got to be a joke, right? thats what i was thinking lol and lol these girls arnt to bright i would have just drove off!!

Tiger90
07-03-2005, 02:15 AM
I do not understand the logic here. Driving off does what exactly? Sweep the fact that a young man was possibly committing illegal acts under the rug? If the young man did in fact do these things then it is extremely inappropriate. There is absolutely no blame here for these girls. Just looking at the given info. it appears the girls did not ask nor encourage these deviant behaviors. Unfortunately kids on teams etc are high profile for the community. I for one would not like my school/community represented by a young man who could not control himself sexually or one breaking the law by being in possession if he was in fact drunk. There is absolutely no defense for this action if he did do this. You are in fact a sex offender if you expose yourself to minors.

big daddy russ
07-03-2005, 02:39 AM
Originally posted by KTJ
ROFLMAO. :clap: :clap: :clap:

marlin fan
07-03-2005, 03:06 AM
maybe if she would have drove off it wouldnt have gotten to the point were it would make her have nightmares!?!?!?!?!?!

Rabbit'93
07-03-2005, 12:16 PM
OMG....so just because this boy is a star football player, the definition of sex offender doesn't apply to him???? It's this kind of mentality that keeps men on the street raping and killing our daughters, mothers and sisters........WAKE UP ! The next one "offended" may be your loved one......what is it gonna take to break thru this stupid ignorant sports hero worship!!!!! If you had a daughter and he did this to her, so it would be cool with you to allow him to be out there on the playing field, being cheered and applauded, much less walking around your town and school, with your daughter near by......geezzzzzzzz I sure hope you never have a daughter...... :mad:
I know we don't have the facts of this case, the police will sort that out...but you gotta hear what you are saying here.....you gotta protect the children who are offended......I don't want to see a young kid punished the rest of his life for a stupid stunt.....but do not diminish what he did just because he plays football well.
YAYA lighten up. Your man hater tree worshiping side is rearing it's ugly head. you don't even have a dog in this fight and your telling KTJ that he helps perpetrate sex crimes. I don't think KTJ was defending this kid, he's simply saying don't jump to conclusions. And he never said don't punish him because he's an athlete! This story would have never made it to the board had he not been an athlete. In my opinion the fact that he's on the football team is irrelevant. What makes a better headline? "Celina Youth In Hot Water" or "Celina Football Star In Hot Water".
As far as protecting the offended children...what offends one might not offend another. your assuming that the guy has done the worst possible thing to the girl without hearing or knowing all the facts. A "female" has never made a false alligation against a male right?

Also truth be told Yaya, you actually help promote "sports hero worship" by being an active member of this site.

Now my take on the whole thing is that this will go to trial and a jury will find this kid guilty or not. That's the way it goes. If he is guilty then punish him according to the law no more no, no less. If the young lady is as distraught as claims, then he should compinsate her for the councling she needs to seek. As well as letting her father have five minutes alone with him.;)

CRHSeagle
07-03-2005, 07:32 PM
Originally posted by Rabbit'93
YAYA lighten up. Your man hater tree worshiping side is rearing it's ugly head. you don't even have a dog in this fight and your telling KTJ that he helps perpetrate sex crimes. I don't think KTJ was defending this kid, he's simply saying don't jump to conclusions. And he never said don't punish him because he's an athlete! This story would have never made it to the board had he not been an athlete. In my opinion the fact that he's on the football team is irrelevant. What makes a better headline? "Celina Youth In Hot Water" or "Celina Football Star In Hot Water".
As far as protecting the offended children...what offends one might not offend another. your assuming that the guy has done the worst possible thing to the girl without hearing or knowing all the facts. A "female" has never made a false alligation against a male right?

Also truth be told Yaya, you actually help promote "sports hero worship" by being an active member of this site.

Now my take on the whole thing is that this will go to trial and a jury will find this kid guilty or not. That's the way it goes. If he is guilty then punish him according to the law no more no, no less. If the young lady is as distraught as claims, then he should compinsate her for the councling she needs to seek. As well as letting her father have five minutes alone with him.;)

:clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap:

Gobbla2001
07-03-2005, 07:55 PM
you don't even have a dog in this fight and your telling KTJ that he helps perpetrate sex crimes.

Where'd she say KTJ helped perpetrate sex crimes?

Is it subliminal or have I missed something?

BIG BLUE DEFENSIVE END
07-03-2005, 07:59 PM
:clap: for Rabbit

Rabbit'93
07-04-2005, 08:49 AM
Originally posted by Gobbla2001
Where'd she say KTJ helped perpetrate sex crimes?

Is it subliminal or have I missed something?
She said "It's this kind of mentality that keeps men on the street raping and killing our daughters, mothers and sisters........". In her opinion if KTJ thinks this way then he's contributing.

District303aPastPlayer
07-04-2005, 09:00 AM
She said "It's this kind of mentality that keeps men on the street raping and killing our daughters, mothers and sisters........". In her opinion if KTJ thinks this way then he's contributing.
:clap: :clap: :clap: :clap:

Gobbla2001
07-04-2005, 09:22 AM

You pulled that rabbit out of the hat, didn't you?

That is about the most overblown assessment of one's words I've ever read on here...

the word mentality means a habitual or characteristic mental attitude that determines how you will interpret and respond to situations ...

So it looks like she 'may' have been trying to say that KTJ shows the same 'attitude' towards this arguement as the one's who usually let these people back on the streets... And as far as we know, KTJ has never been involved in any Jury or what have you that has let one of those persons go... so your conclusion was wack...

Buy a new hat... you want to pull a 'live' rabbit out, not a stuffed one that's full of crap...

HighSchool Fan
07-04-2005, 10:24 AM

That is about the most overblown assessment of one's words I've ever read on here...

i don't know about that, i've seen someone else do the samething quite a few times.

Rabbit'93
07-04-2005, 12:28 PM
You pulled that rabbit out of the hat, didn't you?

the word mentality means a habitual or characteristic mental attitude that determines how you will interpret and respond to situations ...

So it looks like she 'may' have been trying to say that KTJ shows the same 'attitude' towards this arguement as the one's who usually let these people back on the streets... And as far as we know, KTJ has never been involved in any Jury or what have you that has let one of those persons go... so your conclusion was wack...

Buy a new hat... you want to pull a 'live' rabbit out, not a stuffed one that's full of crap...
I'll buy that...after re-reading I'll admit I interpreted it differently. So Yaya I apologize. But in that case Yaya read too much in to what KTJ was saying. He never said anything to defend the kids actions. He just said that the only reason this is a big deal IS because he plays ball.

Keith7
07-04-2005, 12:32 PM
OMG....so just because this boy is a star football player, the definition of sex offender doesn't apply to him???? It's this kind of mentality that keeps men on the street raping and killing our daughters, mothers and sisters........WAKE UP ! The next one "offended" may be your loved one......what is it gonna take to break thru this stupid ignorant sports hero worship!!!!! If you had a daughter and he did this to her, so it would be cool with you to allow him to be out there on the playing field, being cheered and applauded, much less walking around your town and school, with your daughter near by......geezzzzzzzz I sure hope you never have a daughter...... :mad:

Shut up just because your a man hater doesn't make your opinions any better then anyone elses.. so keep bashing men but that has nothing to do with this case..

I think until you can look at this case with an un-biased view you should just be quiet

Gobbla2001
07-04-2005, 12:41 PM
Originally posted by Keith7
Shut up just because your a man hater doesn't make your opinions any better then anyone elses.. so keep bashing men but that has nothing to do with this case..

I think until you can look at this case with an un-biased view you should just shut up

I didn't see where she bashed men...

But I'll admit, as a guy, I would have no problem with a girl exposing herself to me...

But most females, on the other hand, are offended when men expose themselves, that's just how it goes and I think everyone here knows it...

Most fathers I know wouldn't take any action if their son came in say 'Oh yah, man, this girl flashed me, they were nice'...

However, if his daughter came in and said 'this dude pulled out his stuff', the father would be outraged... so it's not just a 'female man hater' deal, it's just our instincts in this day and age...

I have the 'shut-up' counter turned on... continue...

Gobbla2001
07-04-2005, 12:42 PM
Originally posted by Keith7

I think until you can look at this case with an un-biased view you should just be quiet

Nice try...

Be quiet... haha

hitman
07-04-2005, 12:43 PM
Keith7 you should shut your pie hole.theres no need for name calling.

HighSchool Fan
07-04-2005, 01:10 PM

Most fathers I know wouldn't take any action if their son came in say 'Oh yah, man, this girl flashed me, they were nice'...

and there is where the problem lies. if real men would stand up and tell the sons that this is wrong, then maybe the young men and boys will start showing young women and girls the respect that they deserve.

and keith has just as much right to his opinion as anyone else here.

Keith7
07-04-2005, 01:49 PM
Nice try...

Be quiet... haha

this is why i quit coming as much during the offseason.. everyone becomes drama queens