PDA

View Full Version : Any Caldwell folks on here???

Johnny Utah
07-01-2005, 11:01 AM
Rumor on the Old Coach is that Hornet leader is now the leader of the Ducks!!!

CHS_CG
07-01-2005, 11:32 AM
Originally posted by Johnny Utah
Rumor on the Old Coach is that Hornet leader is now the leader of the Ducks!!!

what old coach?

Johnny Utah
07-01-2005, 11:56 AM
Old Coach Network, look at the thread on Taylor. Just a rumor.

c-town_balla
07-01-2005, 01:58 PM
Nope got hired yesterday. KMIL out of Cameron claims:

TAYLOR HIRES NEW ATHLETIC DIRECTOR
(TAYLOR) The Taylor School Board hired a new head coach and athletic director during their meeting last night. Rick Cobia, currently the athletic director at Caldwell, was hired from a field of 45 applicants. The field was narrowed to 8, and a selection committee consisting of a cross section of coaches, parents and community leaders, narrowed the field to 3 finalists. According to committee member Gary Maruska, the finalists were Cobia, Bradley Turner of Sulphur Springs, and Jimmy Mitchell of Sinton. Turner dropped out before the final interview. Cobia will bring some of his Caldwell coaches with him to Taylor, according to Maruska.
Cobia steps down at Caldwell where he was facing a promising season as the Hornets were picked in some polls to win District 19-3A, and was preseason ranked in the top 20 in the state. He will begin his duties in Taylor immediately.

CHS_CG
07-01-2005, 03:01 PM
this is new news to me! :eek: :eek: :eek:

CHS_Grad '85
07-01-2005, 03:01 PM
Wow... doesn't surprise me - he'd been looking - I wish him and his family good luck

HornetMom
07-01-2005, 03:28 PM
Wow - I sure hate to hear this, but am not surprised. I, too, wish him and his family the best of luck. We are sure going to miss him around here. :crying:

caldwellguard62
07-06-2005, 12:02 AM
Well it is a shame that he is leaving he has been around ever since I have been in 7th grade and I would have liked to finish my high school career with him but he wanted to do this bull**** and leave we dont need him we will do better and I hope he feels bad when we do better.

sicem74
07-06-2005, 12:41 AM
woa i think thatguy is mad!:eek:

Old Tiger
07-06-2005, 01:42 AM
Originally posted by caldwellguard62
Well it is a shame that he is leaving he has been around ever since I have been in 7th grade and I would have liked to finish my high school career with him but he wanted to do this bull**** and leave we dont need him we will do better and I hope he feels bad when we do better. wow dude um chill for one, two don't use words like bs, and 3 coaches leave accept positions all the time.

Johnny Utah
07-10-2005, 09:45 PM
Coaches better careers, and players still play. Good luck to both schools.

RdaleBoi08
07-10-2005, 09:59 PM
But Why WOuld He Leave Caldwell When They Have High Expectations This YEar?

jason
07-10-2005, 10:01 PM
Originally posted by RdaleBoi08
But Why WOuld He Leave Caldwell When They Have High Expectations This YEar? Because THey Are OVerrated And Wont MAke IT Past The FIrst Good Team THey Play In The PLayoffs

CHS_CG
07-10-2005, 10:07 PM
Originally posted by jason
Because THey Are OVerrated And Wont MAke IT Past The FIrst Good Team THey Play In The PLayoffs

:hand: Caldwell is a good team and will play hard to prove themselves. Its not like they are pradin around sayin they are the best, like other teams!

Johnny Utah
07-10-2005, 10:09 PM
Taylor is one of those jobs that has alot of athletes, and if they go 3a, then could really contend. Coaches move for all sorts of reasons. Taylor is 4a, it is a move up, probably more pay, etc..... Tough to be a head football coach in the only 8 team district in 3a!!!!

lepfan
07-10-2005, 10:21 PM
Originally posted by Tiger WR
wow dude um chill for one, two don't use words like bs, and 3 coaches leave accept positions all the time.
It sounds like he is just upset because he really liked the guy. Some latch on to their coaches like they are a 2nd parent....if that is the case then it sounds like he will be missed at CHS.

CHS_CG
07-10-2005, 10:23 PM
Originally posted by lepfan
It sounds like he is just upset because he really liked the guy. Some latch on to their coaches like they are a 2nd parent....if that is the case then it sounds like he will be missed at CHS.

Coach Cobia does have a way with his students.. alot of them looked up to him, he'd take them to practice and home if they needed it etc. I dont really blame him for takin a 4a job.. not to mention theres a few other things that alot of us Caldwell people know about.. We wish him the best and look forward to the upcomin season w/ Coach Williams!