PDA

View Full Version : Has anyone ever heard of Baseball Factory?

AP Panther Fan
07-01-2005, 08:58 AM
Just wondering if anyone has heard of this company or knows of anyone that has participated in any of their programs i.e. the BATS Program (baseball and academic targeting service)?

Basically, they evaluate players and help them with college recruitment and scholarships. They have other programs that focus on skills development, tournaments etc.. I am trying to make a decision that involves $ and would appreciate any feedback that anyone has.:)

LH Panther Mom
07-01-2005, 09:50 AM
I've not heard of them. I would suggest talking to the coach. We had a similar opportunity a few years ago that involved $ and our coach highly recommended against it.

Phil C
07-01-2005, 09:54 AM
I can't help you on this AP but I remember once on 60 Minutes they had a story (and I wish I had recorded it now) about a man that helps high school graduates who are good but are not big name recruits get scholarships in football. The parents pay him a fee and provide him with films to show to his college sources. A lot of them may get scholarships accross several states at a college they may never have heard of but they get free tuition and room and board and a college education ride. Plus they get to continue to play the sport they love - in this case football for four more years. The man charged $8,000 but the parents were delighted because their son got a four year scholarship worth several times that much. I am sure there may be one for baseball too but I don't know. We have had several of our graduates go to Temple Junior College (I think that is the name) and get a two year scholarship there. One of them went to Texas A&M University at Kingsville but they didn't have any scholarships available and wound up at Grambling University and is doing well there and really likes it and has a scholarship. I don't know how she got there but there are scholarships available. Good luck. I think your son is good enough to get a scholarship somewhere.

AP Panther Fan
07-01-2005, 10:02 AM
Originally posted by LH Panther Mom
I've not heard of them. I would suggest talking to the coach. We had a similar opportunity a few years ago that involved $ and our coach highly recommended against it.

Thanks lhpm...I have been trying to reach the coach and I am thinking he is on vacation. The gentleman that has corresponded and called from baseball factory said the coach was the one that submitted my sons name. I am just a bit skeptical still, even after looking over the website and talking to him. :(

I am leaning toward a UT Camp later this month ... the cost is virtually the same. He enjoyed going to camp last year and while they are two very different things (BATS..UT Camp), I am having a hard time justifying both. This is one of those times where you wonder, am I making a mistake or the right move.:confused:

AP Panther Fan
07-01-2005, 10:15 AM
Originally posted by Phil C
I can't help you on this AP but I remember once on 60 Minutes they had a story (and I wish I had recorded it now) about a man that helps high school graduates who are good but are not big name recruits get scholarships in football. The parents pay him a fee and provide him with films to show to his college sources. A lot of them may get scholarships accross several states at a college they may never have heard of but they get free tuition and room and board and a college education ride. Plus they get to continue to play the sport they love - in this case football for four more years. The man charged $8,000 but the parents were delighted because their son got a four year scholarship worth several times that much. I am sure there may be one for baseball too but I don't know. We have had several of our graduates go to Temple Junior College (I think that is the name) and get a two year scholarship there. One of them went to Texas A&M University at Kingsville but they didn't have any scholarships available and wound up at Grambling University and is doing well there and really likes it and has a scholarship. I don't know how she got there but there are scholarships available. Good luck. I think your son is good enough to get a scholarship somewhere.

thanks...not only do these guys help with athletic scholarships, but academic ones as well. The way he explained it to me is that often coaches will work to give academic scholarships to those qualifying so they can save the athletic ones for exceptionally talented individuals (perhaps that wouldn't qualify academically).

We only want a college in Texas ... gotta keep him close by.:D