PDA

View Full Version : How do you become a "Banned Member?"

Phantom Stang
06-30-2005, 11:08 PM
If you've never posted?

bullfrog_alumni_02
06-30-2005, 11:12 PM
im sure you could send the mods a bad pm before you make your first post.

CHS_CG
06-30-2005, 11:23 PM
it might be that they were on here b4 the first of the year and had never posted bc at the first of the year Admin or Matt cleared out ppl that had not posted in a long time.

Old Tiger
07-01-2005, 12:45 AM
The fastest way would be to tell a mod what to do, post politics, and use real bad curse words.

GreenMonster
07-01-2005, 01:13 AM
Originally posted by Phantom Stang
If you've never posted?

You flop your junk out, stuff it in a bun, and rub mustard on it in front of one of the Mods. :D

A very special thank you goes out to Jason for the above listed post.

Old Tiger
07-01-2005, 01:13 AM
LMAO!!!!!!!!! FRIGGIN HILARIOUS!!!!!!

:D :clap: :D :clap: :D :clap: :D :clap: :D :clap:

bullfrog_alumni_02
07-01-2005, 01:23 AM
Originally posted by GreenMonster
You flop your junk out, stuff it in a bun, and rub mustard on it in front of one of the Mods. :D

A very special thank you goes out to Jason for the above listed post. ok so lets say you did that at a meet and greet...would they just ask you to leave or would they also rom you when they got to a computer wiht the net?

pirate44
07-01-2005, 07:23 AM
If you've never posted?
my guess is a banned member tried to register under a new name but has the same IP address. im not sure if the mods ban entire IP's or not though.

LH Panther Mom
07-01-2005, 08:17 AM
Originally posted by pirate44
my guess is a banned member tried to register under a new name but has the same IP address. im not sure if the mods ban entire IP's or not though.

That is one of the ways. The other is like CHS_CG said; admin had to clean out the user list at the first of the year. Anyone who hadn't posted in a year and a half (I believe) was dropped & shown as "banned".

jason
07-01-2005, 08:38 AM
Originally posted by GreenMonster

i know a mod or 2 that might enjoy that....and im not talkin bout 66 or slpy... :D :D :inlove:

Ranger Mom
07-01-2005, 09:13 AM
Originally posted by jason
i know a mod or 2 that might enjoy that....and im not talkin bout 66 or slpy... :D :D :inlove:

:eek: :eek: Matthew328?????:eek: :eek:

LH Panther Mom
07-01-2005, 09:40 AM
Originally posted by Ranger Mom
:eek: :eek: Matthew328?????:eek: :eek:

I almost posted this earlier. :D :clap: :clap:

lepfan
07-01-2005, 11:09 AM
Regular or ballpark?????

WOS1
07-01-2005, 11:19 AM
How do you become a "Banned Member?"

Buy a flute... Contact the Banned Director...

Oh, that was bad...:doh:

WOS1
07-01-2005, 11:20 AM
Originally posted by lepfan
Regular or ballpark?????

:eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek:

CHS_CG
07-01-2005, 11:21 AM
Regular or ballpark?????

lil smokie:D

Rabbit'93
07-01-2005, 11:25 AM
Originally posted by CHS_CG
lil smokie:D
lol

cat dog horse
07-01-2005, 11:31 AM
Originally posted by pirate44

they can ban your entire IP address if you are banned numerous times, but as we figured out it's not very hard to get a new IP address

CHS_CG
07-01-2005, 11:34 AM
Originally posted by cat dog horse
they can ban your entire IP address if you are banned numerous times, but as we figured out it's not very hard to get a new IP address

and most of the time its not that hard for an ex rommie to get re-rom'd lol

AP Panther Fan
07-01-2005, 11:41 AM
and most of the time its not that hard for an ex rommie to get re-rom'd lol

LOL:D :clap: :clap: :clap:

Old Tiger
07-01-2005, 11:44 AM
lil smokie:D lol

Etexpirate
07-01-2005, 12:52 PM
I run a barrel racing website and what I can't figure out is when you ban somebody..they are right back on with a new name in about 10 mins..
They usually get banned for being a butt or rude or just plain ugly about the way the site is run in general..
So my question is this...if you dislike the site so much that you act stupid and aleinate everybody on it..why do you want to comeback?
That's the part I don't get.. I usually end up banning the IP which works in most instances...:rolleyes:

LH Panther Mom
07-01-2005, 12:56 PM

Of course, the mods are smart enough to figure that out as well. :D

cat dog horse
07-01-2005, 12:58 PM
Originally posted by Etexpirate
I run a barrel racing website and what I can't figure out is when you ban somebody..they are right back on with a new name in about 10 mins..
They usually get banned for being a butt or rude or just plain ugly about the way the site is run in general..
So my question is this...if you dislike the site so much that you act stupid and aleinate everybody on it..why do you want to comeback?
That's the part I don't get.. I usually end up banning the IP which works in most instances...:rolleyes:

well most of the times i've been banned it was for something that anybody else wouldnt have gotten banned for but since i was new AND i was from cuero they found reasons to ban me

LH Panther Mom
07-01-2005, 01:01 PM
well most of the times i've been banned it was for something that anybody else wouldnt have gotten banned for but since i was new AND i was from cuero they found reasons to ban me

Actually, warnings are given for first offenses. If a poster is banned and re-registers under a new s/n and/or IP, future warnings are up to the discretion of the mod since warnings were given under the original name. Where you reside has absolutely nothing to do with whether someone is banned or not.

Etexpirate
07-01-2005, 01:07 PM

That kinda sounds like crap... a mod isn't going to ban someone because they are "new" or from "cureo".. If that was the case I should have been banned because I was from Shepherd.. Ever been there before???
A person gets banned because you break the rules.. and probably more than once.. I always warn sombody by PM the first time unless it was really over the top and just an all out sniper situation..
most people never even read the rules on these boards..

LH Panther Mom
07-01-2005, 01:09 PM
If that was the case I should have been banned because I was from Shepherd.. Ever been there before???

:doh: Oh, now you tell me. ;)

Etexpirate
07-01-2005, 01:10 PM
:D

Ranger Mom
07-01-2005, 01:48 PM
Originally posted by WOS1
How do you become a "Banned Member?"

Buy a flute... Contact the Banned Director...

Oh, that was bad...:doh:

Actually, I thought it was pretty good!

That's my kind of joke!!:D

sinton66
07-01-2005, 02:01 PM
If you've never posted?

Your OTHER screen name gets banned, so does your back-up.

sinton66
07-01-2005, 02:05 PM

Buy the same software we use here, there are more ways to ban people.

lepfan
07-01-2005, 04:10 PM

wah wah wah....ya want some cheese with that

cat dog horse
07-01-2005, 04:39 PM
wah wah wah....ya want some cheese with that

dude your so funny

AP Panther Fan
07-01-2005, 04:50 PM
dude your so funny

that would be Mam to you...:D

lepfan